What game do you think has the potential to save the Wii U?

• 176 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

I know a lot of you will say Mario Kart U, but to be honest I don't think that will be enough.    Perhaps a new Metroid, or Zelda game?

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

In terms of sales? It will be the combination of good software at a steady rate. But individual titles that have the best chance of pushing sales are 3D World and Mario Kart.

Edit: Also, if we are talking in terms of sales, then definitely not Metroid, and probably not Zelda either.  

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
FULL 3d pokemon adventure game. Nothing else.
Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lumpy311
Member since 2013 • 2009 Posts

Nothing. It's a console designed for kids and it's obvious, and because of Nintendo's awful marketing, kids don't fvcking know what a Wii U is.

Gonna flop hard.

GiantAssPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GiantAssPanda
Member since 2011 • 1885 Posts
X.
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
Nothing will save such an outdated system with no gimmicks casuals care about. WiiU is done but that's expected since the announcement.
DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Nothing will save such an outdated system with no gimmicks casuals care about. WiiU is done but that's expected since the announcement.silversix_

Exactly. Nothing is going to save this system. It's a car crash. Don't salvage the wreckage, write it off.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#9 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts
Why do YOU care? :|
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
Zero. The Wii U is finished being a competitor to the PS4 & Xbox One. The fact that Nintendo had a one year advantage and didn't do a thing with it tells the whole story. It'll get a couple of boosts from games like Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros. and the New Zelda whenever that releases but other then around those releases it'll be stomped in sales by the PS4 and Xbox One.
Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

smash

it's enough to tempt me to get one (that and X)

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FlamesOfGrey

X.GiantAssPanda

:lol:You don't really believe X is going to move any significant number of consoles do you?

Alpha_S_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Alpha_S_
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts

Save it from what?

GiantAssPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GiantAssPanda
Member since 2011 • 1885 Posts

[QUOTE="GiantAssPanda"]X.FlamesOfGrey

:lol:You don't really believe X is going to move any significant number of consoles do you?

It might move one in my direction though.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros.

You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise... Those are Nintnendo's biggest sellers coming up by far.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lumpy311

You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise... Those are Nintnendo's biggest sellers coming up by far.

Pikminmaniac

And they aren't gonna sell consoles.

Lmao @ sheep.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts
nothings going to save the Wii U at this point, Which is good for me cause it will get another price drop once nintendo see's sales are still not picking up and then i can finally purchase one.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
It already is the better deal for the year, yet people are buying systems with no games in place of it. Because of this Nintendo going to have a hard time. Mario Kart and Smash Brothers will help the system, but nothing will make it a major force this gen. The best outcome would be matching the GC.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FlamesOfGrey

Pikminmaniac
I guess it depends on what your opinion of "saving" the Wii U means. No Wii U game is going to sell enough Wii U consoles to have it compete against the PS4 / X1. It liks Vita vs 3DS. Some games will boost it up but it's not touching the 3DS. Nintendo aren't going to discontinue the Wii U regardless of anything. PS4 & Xbox One will have outsold the Wii U probably by Summer 2014 if not Spring.
FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts
nothings going to save the Wii U at this point, Which is good for me cause it will get another price drop once nintendo see's sales are still not picking up and then i can finally purchase one.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

Lumpy311

Lmao @ sheep.

It would be unfortunate if they didn't as those games are the best chance Wii U has and it's quite a good system given its released and upcoming library.

P.S. you do realise those titles have a very good chance of selling consoles. They've done it in the past several times before. Smash was a GCN and Wii system seller already.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lumpy311

[QUOTE="Lumpy311"]

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

Pikminmaniac

Lmao @ sheep.

It would be unfortunate if they didn't as those games are the best chance Wii U has and it's quite a good system given its released and upcoming library.

P.S. you do realise those titles have a very good chance of selling consoles. They've done it in the past several times before. Smash was a GCN and Wii system seller already.

No one can take the trash out if they don't know that there is trash.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DocSanchez

It already is the better deal for the year, yet people are buying systems with no games in place of it. Because of this Nintendo going to have a hard time. Mario Kart and Smash Brothers will help the system, but nothing will make it a major force this gen. The best outcome would be matching the GC. HarlockJC

This erally is a ridiculous argument people keep making time after time.

The forthcoming systems are going to have games on them and people know that. They are going to have the third party pumping games into them. The launch games are never over stacked but you are not buying the system for it's launch you are buying it for the future.

Wii U, in contrast, has had a year and it's library is bad and its long term future is worse. Games like Assassins Creed Black Flag Watch Dogs and Arkham Origins are going to stop coming out on Wii U once the other consoles come out, which must be worrying because Nintendo aren't even supporting the system well any more.

Nintendo is going to have a hard time because of Nintendo. Nintendo is failing because of Nintendo.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

I couldn't give a fvck as long as the WiiU isn't discontinued and keeps gathering good exclusives like it does.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Nothing is going to save it. Smash and Kart will give it a temporary sales boost but thats about it.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 emgesp
Why do YOU care? :|nintendoboy16
I just want to know if there is a game that millions of gamers are holding out for until they buy a Wii U.
emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 emgesp

Save it from what?

Alpha_S_

Failure. Right now it is selling worse than the Gamecube did at the same time in its life-cycle. 

Alpha_S_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Alpha_S_

[QUOTE="Alpha_S_"]

Save it from what?

emgesp

Failure. Right now it is selling worse than the Gamecube did at the same time in its life-cycle. 

The Wii U is in no danger of being discontinued and should live out a normal 5 year or so lifespan.  Nintendo is not in dire financial straights where they're being forced to pull it and dropping it early would only hurt their brand more.  It should wind up tracking to somewhere around what the GC and N64 did once you factor in price cuts and Nintendo's major titles coming up.  It'll remain a platform for those who want Nintendo's exclusives much like the GC and N64 were.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#30 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

If SSB4 and MK8 don't, nothing can.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 HarlockJC

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]It already is the better deal for the year, yet people are buying systems with no games in place of it. Because of this Nintendo going to have a hard time. Mario Kart and Smash Brothers will help the system, but nothing will make it a major force this gen. The best outcome would be matching the GC. DocSanchez

The forthcoming systems are going to have games on them and people know that. 

You sound like a Nintendo fan. Anyways why buy a system that has no games this year, when you can buy a system for cheaper that has games now. Then pick up one of the others next year. 

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#32 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

If SSB4 and MK8 don't, nothing can.

93BlackHawk93
Agreed, those 2 games are it's last hope.
OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

Right now Nintendo needs three things..

1. A lower price point.  I believe they dropped the price of the Wii-U by $50 but I'm not sure if that is going to be enough.  The Wii was $150 cheaper than the 360 & $250 cheaper than the PS3. For a household with little ones, it was the clear choice.
  2. Better Marketing. Whoever is in charge of marketing at Nintendo needs to be Fired!  Get the message out that the Wii-U is different than the Wii and get some high profile giveaways going. 
  3. Better third party games.  Sheep can say what they want about exclusives but 3rd party games are what make a system successful.  I guess the Wii was the lone exception. This gen if Nintendo doesn't do something to fix their relationships with devs, they will drown!

..but to answer your question there's not "one game" that's going to save Wii-U.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DocSanchez

[QUOTE="DocSanchez"]

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]It already is the better deal for the year, yet people are buying systems with no games in place of it. Because of this Nintendo going to have a hard time. Mario Kart and Smash Brothers will help the system, but nothing will make it a major force this gen. The best outcome would be matching the GC. HarlockJC

You sound like a Nintendo fan. Anyways why buy a system that has no games this year, when you can buy a system for cheaper that has games now. Then pick up one of the others next year. 

Why would I waste my money spending cash on a system that isn't worth it? You think people have money to throw down the drain? It doesn't have games now. It has dross now. It isn't worth the money they are charging, and the PS4 will be.

So why buy a system that has "no games this year"? Because it does have games this year and even if it didn't, it's a long term purchase you buy games for when they come out. You don't just throw your money away on tat like the wii u just because the PS4 hasn't yet reached its full potential.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#37 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="DocSanchez"]

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]It already is the better deal for the year, yet people are buying systems with no games in place of it. Because of this Nintendo going to have a hard time. Mario Kart and Smash Brothers will help the system, but nothing will make it a major force this gen. The best outcome would be matching the GC. HarlockJC

You're kidding right?

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 emgesp

[QUOTE="emgesp"]

[QUOTE="Alpha_S_"]

Save it from what?

Alpha_S_

The Wii U is in no danger of being discontinued and should live out a normal 5 year or so lifespan.  Nintendo is not in dire financial straights where they're being forced to pull it and dropping it early would only hurt their brand more.  It should wind up tracking to somewhere around what the GC and N64 did once you factor in price cuts and Nintendo's major titles coming up.  It'll remain a platform for those who want Nintendo's exclusives much like the GC and N64 were.

Selling only as good, or worse than the GC is pretty pathetic.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
We can pretty much right the system off if sales don't dramatically increase after MK8 launches. It was bound to fail without support from core gamers or casuals that purchased wii.
Alpha_S_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Alpha_S_

[QUOTE="Alpha_S_"]

[QUOTE="emgesp"] Failure. Right now it is selling worse than the Gamecube did at the same time in its life-cycle. 

emgesp

Yes, which is why it's a good thing I don't play sales. ;)

I'm not on Nintendo's payroll so I don't care how well it sells, but it's still not going to be discontinued prematurely which means it'll continue to provide a platform for those who want Nintendo's games.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 emgesp

1. A lower price point.  I believe they dropped the price of the Wii-U by $50 but I'm not sure if that is going to be enough.  The Wii was $150 cheaper than the 360 & $250 cheaper than the PS3. For a household with little ones, it was the clear choice.
  2. Better Marketing. Whoever is in charge of marketing at Nintendo needs to be Fired!  Get the message out that the Wii-U is different than the Wii and get some high profile giveaways going. 
  3. Better third party games.  Sheep can say what they want about exclusives but 3rd party games are what make a system successful.  I guess the Wii was the lone exception. This gen if Nintendo doesn't do something to fix their relationships with devs, they will drown!

..but to answer your question there's not "one game" that's going to save Wii-U.

OhSnapitz

I know people might call me an idiot for saying this, but the Wii U is a $199.99 - 249.99 console in my book. $299.99 would be a fair price if a game like Mario Kart U is bundled in.

As far as third party is concerned, I think Nintendo should pay third-party publishers to make exclusive games for their console. There are already two consoles sharing the same multi-plats, but if Nintendo were smart they would dig deep in their pockets and buy third-party exclusives. Only way to make the Wii U relevant to hardcore gamers.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 emgesp

[QUOTE="emgesp"][QUOTE="Alpha_S_"]

Alpha_S_

I'm not on Nintendo's payroll so I don't care how well it sells, but it's still not going to be discontinued prematurely which means it'll continue to provide a platform for those who want Nintendo's games.

You should want the console to sell as well as possible. The reason why you still play Nintendo games is because of sales. You really think Nintendo would keep making home consoles if the next couple of consoles only sell 21 million units? I don't think so.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MFDOOM1983

[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"]

emgesp

I know people might call me an idiot for saying this, but the Wii U is a $199.99 - 249.99 console in my book. $299.99 would be a fair price if a game like Mario Kart U is bundled in.

As far as third party is concerned, I think Nintendo should pay third-party publishers to make exclusive games for their console. There are already two consoles sharing the same multi-plats, but if Nintendo were smart they would dig deep in their pockets and buy third-party exclusives. Only way to make the Wii U relevant to hardcore gamers.

Nintendo wants as little 3rd party support as possible in order to drive up sales of their own games and build brand allegiance with the current, young generation of gamers. They don't want another FF situation where the fanbase left them to play FF games on ps1. Besides, 3rd party exclusives(Lego City and W101) for them have failed miserably from a commercial standpoint. Then again every game that's not mario has failed for them so far.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 HarlockJC

Why would I waste my money spending cash on a system that isn't worth it? You think people have money to throw down the drain? It doesn't have games now. It has dross now. It isn't worth the money they are charging, and the PS4 will be.

So why buy a system that has "no games this year"? Because it does have games this year and even if it didn't, it's a long term purchase you buy games for when they come out. You don't just throw your money away on tat like the wii u just because the PS4 hasn't yet reached its full potential.

DocSanchez

If you think that the Wii U has no games on it then you been drinking way too much of the System Wars Kool Aid. 

Alpha_S_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Alpha_S_

[QUOTE="Alpha_S_"]

[QUOTE="emgesp"] Selling only as good, or worse than the GC is pretty pathetic. emgesp

You should want the console to sell as well as possible. The reason why you still play Nintendo games is because of sales. You really think Nintendo would keep making home consoles if the next couple of consoles only sell 21 million units? I don't think so.

I'm not a future psychic so I don't know what Nintendo's next console will be or how well it will do.  You should remember though that after the GC didn't do very well they went in a different direction with the Wii which was big success for them.  Obviously now that hasn't continued with the Wii U, leading many here to declare the Wii a flash in the pan.  But if the Wii U continues to not do well it would be logical to assume that Nintendo will try to change things up next time.  Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't.  If you're un-impressed with the Wii U then perhaps they'll be persuaded to come with something better next time for you - who knows.

But their games are not going away any time soon, so as a gamer I'm not worried. 

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MFDOOM1983

[QUOTE="DocSanchez"]

HarlockJC

If you think that the Wii U has no games on it then you been drinking way too much of the System Wars Kool Aid. 

No one here actually means that the system actually has no games, but relative to other platforms it has very little. Ex. Wii-U has a third of the amount of "good" games(7.0+) as PS3. 1/7 when you compare it to the king PC.:shock:

But it's funny to see sheep(not you) catching feelings, when they pull the same shit with Vita. 

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DocSanchez

[QUOTE="DocSanchez"]

HarlockJC

An absolutely irrelevent comment.

I am fully aware that there are games on the wii u, but in comparison to what it should have, it has comparitively nothing. Its big games, like W101, are underachieviers that wouldn't make a dent on another system that has better choice.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#49 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Implying it's doomed.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#50 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

Not one game can do it. It will be multiple games. I think Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Smash Brothers 4, and a new Zelda (not a remake) will be the bulk of what makes the Wii-U sell good again. Other, not as big releases will help too.