What does PC Gaming offer to the casual gamer

• 149 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

What does PC gaming offer to the casual gamer who likes to play Madden, 2K, GTA, CoD/BF and then exclusives like Halo or Uncharted.

Everyone of these "great" PC games look like this.

Soooo, to the average gamer/person who just wants to come home pop in the disc, hop on the couch, and play their Xbox or Playstation what does the PC offer to people like them (working class everyday people/students)?

The big budget games that matter will be on consoles, infact what was the last big budget PC exclusive?

Crysis in 2007? Great game but LMAO

You hermits had Planetside 2 we took it, you guys had Warframe we took, you HAVE Star Citizen and we are taking that as well.

umad?

#2 Edited by MonsieurX (28421 posts) -

inb4 shitstorm and several pages of trolling

#3 Edited by lostrib (30880 posts) -

Well it does have BF and CoD and GTA

#4 Posted by lostrib (30880 posts) -
#5 Posted by MonsieurX (28421 posts) -

All the casual need is facebook and Candy Crush

#6 Posted by The_Stand_In (361 posts) -

You can keep your casual bro-gaming trash. Thanks.

#7 Posted by MonsieurX (28421 posts) -

Star Citizen on PS4?

lolz

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/76653/

#8 Posted by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

Consoles win game of the year awards, PC wins best graphics.

Congrats bro

#9 Edited by MonsieurX (28421 posts) -

@The_Stand_In said:

Congrats bro

Congrats on a single game worth playing

#10 Posted by The_Stand_In (361 posts) -

@The_Stand_In said:

Congrats bro

Have fun with your awards. I'll be over here having fun with my games.

#11 Posted by lostrib (30880 posts) -

@x1ps4life: why are platforms being given game of the year awards? Shouldn't those go to actual games? You are a confusing individual

#12 Edited by lundy86_4 (42537 posts) -

DIdn't your last thread devolve into this? You kept trying to show what PC exclusives looked like, with low IQ games.

Fucking moron.

#13 Edited by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

@x1ps4life said:

@The_Stand_In said:

Congrats bro

Yes, have fun with your games.

The most played PC games outside of MMOs/Mobas are console gamers ported to the PC.

Without consoles devs wouldn't bother giving you hermits games, it wouldn't be worth the development cost.

#14 Posted by lostrib (30880 posts) -
#15 Posted by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@x1ps4life: why are platforms being given game of the year awards? Shouldn't those go to actual games? You are a confusing individual

You sound confused, console platforms are the yearly winners of Game of the Year awards whereas PC games are home to best graphics but NOT best game awards.

#16 Posted by GioVela2010 (4017 posts) -

As an honest PC gamer is have to say..

NOtHINg

#17 Posted by lostrib (30880 posts) -

@x1ps4life: why is a console winning a game award? You seem confused about how goty awards work. They should generally be awarded to games

#18 Edited by cain006 (8625 posts) -

Games like League of Legends are pretty huge and very popular with "casual" gamers.

#19 Posted by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

NOtHINg

Hermits look at this and stare, a non delusional hermit keeping things real.

#20 Posted by Snugenz (11355 posts) -

DIdn't your last thread devolve into this? You kept trying to show what PC exclusives looked like, with low IQ games.

Fucking moron.

Nothing else needs to be said.

#21 Posted by lostrib (30880 posts) -

@x1ps4life: gio is a known troll much like yourself

#22 Posted by MonsieurX (28421 posts) -

@x1ps4life

Star Citizen on PS4?

lolz

#23 Posted by Snugenz (11355 posts) -

@GioVela2010 said:

NOtHINg

Hermits look at this and stare, a non delusional hermit keeping things real.

Giovela is an even bigger muppet than you, you two should hook up, make the dumbest babies ever.

#24 Posted by lostrib (30880 posts) -

@Snugenz: those would be some ugly babies

#25 Posted by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

@x1ps4life

@MonsieurX said:

Star Citizen on PS4?

lolz

Trust me it"ll come in some way shape or form.

Also, keep making fun of Govela, he's just a hermit that cares more about gameplay than graphics.

#26 Edited by Vaasman (11088 posts) -

And this user hasn't been banned already...... why?

Last I heard it was 3 strikes and this is well over 3 blatant troll threads.

#27 Posted by MonsieurX (28421 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@x1ps4life

@MonsieurX said:

Star Citizen on PS4?

lolz

Also, keep making fun of Govela, he's just a hermit that cares more about gameplay than graphics.

No source, don't care.

"Trust me"...LOL

That's all you have?

#28 Posted by lostrib (30880 posts) -
#29 Posted by MBirdy88 (7023 posts) -

@The_Stand_In said:

@x1ps4life said:

@The_Stand_In said:

Congrats bro

Yes, have fun with your games.

The most played PC games outside of MMOs/Mobas are console gamers ported to the PC.

Without consoles devs wouldn't bother giving you hermits games, it wouldn't be worth the development cost.

so let me get this straight, without the 2 biggest genres in the gaming world.... "console ports" are popular.

your brand of trolling so bad... why even bother.

#30 Posted by millerlight89 (18338 posts) -

PC offers a great experience for casual gamers. It also offers boring ass exclusives, piss poor optimizations of big title multiplat games, a bucket load of issues when it comes to drivers, and a a crap ton of great exclusives.......that came out a decade ago.

#31 Edited by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

@x1ps4life said:

@MonsieurX said:

@x1ps4life

@MonsieurX said:

Star Citizen on PS4?

lolz

No source, don't care.

"Trust me"...LOL

That's all you have?

My proof is that every PC game that was supposed to be big or exclusive to the platform comes.

Diablo 3, Planetside 2, Warframe, etc.

If Star Citizen is a hit and the company sees that they can expand profits on other platforms why wouldn't they do it?

That's why those games came to consoles, to expand profits.

#32 Posted by MonsieurX (28421 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@x1ps4life said:

@MonsieurX said:

@x1ps4life

@MonsieurX said:

Star Citizen on PS4?

lolz

No source, don't care.

"Trust me"...LOL

That's all you have?

My proof is that every PC game that was supposed to be big or exclusive to the platform comes.

Diablo 3, Planetside 2, Warframe, etc.

If Star Citizen is a hit and the company sees that they can expand profits on other platforms why wouldn't they do it?

That's why those games came to consoles, to expand profits.

Still no tangible sources...keep trying

lol

As opposed to this https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/76653/

#33 Edited by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

@millerlight89 said:

PC offers a great experience for casual gamers. It also offers boring ass exclusives, piss poor optimizations of big title multiplat games, a bucket load of issues when it comes to drivers, and a a crap ton of great exclusives.......that came out a decade ago.

This, the typical PC exclusive is played for less than a week, hermits know what I'am talk about.

As for the optimization, the devs see that hermits are dumb enough to buy new hardware anyways so they're like why bother optimizing it, they"ll just throw in a Titan or something.

And yeah PC exclusives now compared to before this indie revolution was a night/day difference.

Games like Unreal Tournament 2004, the original PC Call of Duties, Counter Strike Source, Battlefield Vietnam/1942/2, Half Life 2, World in Conflict, Crysis, FEAR (when it was exclusive), Doom 3, WoW (not my kinda game but still).

It blows my mind how hermits think todays pc exclusives are worth bragging over when they literally look like games we can play on our phones.

#34 Edited by Snugenz (11355 posts) -

1. Boring ass exclusives... like Ryse and Knack??.
  2. Piss poor optimization that still runs and looks better than the console ports on slightly better hardware.
  3. Issues that a child could figure out if they use their noggin.
  4. And a crap ton of great exclusives that came out ages ago, aswell as all the great multiplats that came out ages ago and all the future great multiplats and exclusives.

Just when i thought this thread couldn't get a dumber poster than the OP, millerlight89 comes out with this doozy of a post.

#35 Posted by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@millerlight89 said:

1. Boring ass exclusives... like Ryse and Knack??.
  2. Piss poor optimization that still runs and looks better than the console ports on slightly better hardware.
  3. Issues that a child could figure out if they use their noggin.
  4. And a crap ton of great exclusives that came out ages ago, aswell as all the great multiplats that came out ages ago and all the future great multiplats and exclusives.

Just when i thought this thread couldn't get a dumber poster than the OP, millerlight89 comes out with this doozy of a post.

He's right PC offers BORING ASS exclusives NO ONE but PC GAMERS CARE about.

Look at the latest games on the Steam store page, you really think anyone wants to play those games?

#36 Edited by millerlight89 (18338 posts) -

@millerlight89 said:

This, the typical PC exclusive is played for less than a work, hermits know what I'am talk about.

As for the optimization, the devs see that hermits are dumb enough to buy new hardware anyways so they like why bother optimizing it, they"ll just throw in a Titan or something.

And yeah PC exclusives now compared to before this indie revolution was a night/day difference.

Games like Unreal Tournament 2004, the original PC Call of Duties, Counter Strike Source, Battlefield Vietnam/1942/2, Half Life 2, World in Conflict, Crysis, FEAR (when it was exclusive), Doom 3, WoW (not my kinda game but still).

It blows my mind how hermits think todays pc exclusives are worth bragging over when they literally look like games we can play on our phones.

Meh, I use to be a blind idiot like many of these PC gamers, but I finally woke up.

#37 Posted by -Unreal- (24474 posts) -

Why are you looking for games which are only on the PC? Why would that matter?

#38 Edited by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

@x1ps4life said:

@millerlight89 said:

This, the typical PC exclusive is played for less than a work, hermits know what I'am talk about.

As for the optimization, the devs see that hermits are dumb enough to buy new hardware anyways so they like why bother optimizing it, they"ll just throw in a Titan or something.

Meh, I use to be a blind idiot like many of these PC gamers, but I finally woke up.

Same dude, I was a PC gamer from like 04-2011-12 ish.

#39 Edited by MBirdy88 (7023 posts) -

Dem boring PC exclusives, so boring that one of them at its peak at 14 million paying subscribers.

3 of them now have 600k -1000k players at peak times even though they have been out for years.

They have by far the biggest tournaments, by far the biggest amount of fans, by far the biggest rewards in the gaming industry now rivaling some football events (EU.. not US)

Yea... they must be so boring..... compared to 10-15 hour "blockbuster console games" designed for a brain damaged 5 year old to walk through a corridor, watch a cutscene, rince and repeat.

sounds great....

But hey, at least that old man and his little girl look realistic, and those zombies, at that MOVIE LIKE experience... yup, games are for teh movie like. herp da derp LAST OFUS 9.5 on teh metacritics BEST GAME EVAZ.... bwhahahahah.

#40 Edited by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

@-Unreal- said:

I'm looking at games that are only on PC because what is the point of PC gaming if all you are going to play are console games.

Might as well save money and throw a console in the living room/bed room worry free of whether or not you"ll get games on time or at all (GTA V).

#41 Posted by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

Dem boring PC exclusives, so boring that one of them at its peak at 14 million paying subscribers.

3 of them now have 600k -1000k players at peak times even though they have been out for years.

They have by far the biggest tournaments, by far the biggest amount of fans, by far the biggest rewards in the gaming industry now rivaling some football events (EU.. not US)

Yea... they must be so boring..... compared to 10-15 hour "blockbuster console games" designed for a brain damaged 5 year old to walk through a corridor, watch a cutscene, rince and repeat.

sounds great....

But hey, at least that old man and his little girl look realistic, and those zombies, at that MOVIE LIKE experience... yup, games are for teh movie like. herp da derp

Hope this guy realizes these PC gamers that are peaking in player count are in areas where consoles are too costly.

People running games like LoL are running them on welfare PCs capable of playing any low end game, LoL is that game.

How about you show me a game with GTX 480 and higher type requirements with a player count higher than consoles?

Good luck.

#42 Posted by PannicAtack (20837 posts) -

http://store.steampowered.com/genre/Casual/

Buncha games tagged "Casual."

Of course, there's tons of games on the PC with dat "mainstream" appeal, like your Call of Dutys and your Battlefields and League of Legends and Team Fortress 2.

So did you have a point?

#43 Posted by lostrib (30880 posts) -

@x1ps4life said:

@millerlight89 said:

So you're just an awake blind idiot?

#44 Edited by MBirdy88 (7023 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

sounds great....

But hey, at least that old man and his little girl look realistic, and those zombies, at that MOVIE LIKE experience... yup, games are for teh movie like. herp da derp

Hope this guy realizes these PC gamers that are peaking in player count are in areas where consoles are too costly.

People running games like LoL are running them on welfare PCs capable of playing any low end game, LoL is that game.

How about you show me a game with GTX 480 and higher type requirements with a player count higher than consoles?

Good luck.

Well whats the 360/PS3's excuse then... oh right, limited console genres and herp derp 10 hour corridor fetish.

140 million ps3/xboxs and no games come close to the level of those pc games.... not even cod now, how sad for you.

#45 Posted by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

Any second now this thread will be flooded with Crysis and Metro pics.

#46 Edited by -Unreal- (24474 posts) -

what is the point of PC gaming if all you are going to play are console games.

Are you talking about emulators like Dolphin and PSX2? You don't have to just play those. Those aren't a necessary criteria of the term 'PC gaming'.

#47 Edited by lostrib (30880 posts) -

hopefully it will just get locked instead

#48 Edited by MBirdy88 (7023 posts) -

too busy playing games... that last a long time, you know, something that outside of shooters consoles dont have.

cant even mod skyrim.... hahahahahaah

#49 Posted by mems_1224 (45629 posts) -

who wants to pop in a disc to play games? what is this? 1998?

#50 Edited by millerlight89 (18338 posts) -

@x1ps4life said:

@-Unreal- said:

I'm looking at games that are only on PC because what is the point of PC gaming if all you are going to play are console games.

Might as well save money and throw a console in the living room/bed room worry free of whether or not you"ll get games on time or at all (GTA V).

Your first sentence is exactly why I stopped PC gaming. I was spending all of this money to play games I could play on consoles. So I thought, I could just go ahead and instead of upgrading my PC get the xbone, ps4, and wiiu all for the price I was going to spend on PC upgrades. Smart choice by me. I also went ahead and got the PS3 and 360 for those games I missed. I have no clue what to do. I have all of these exclusives that I am interested in + multiplats. Where as on PC I was buying just multiplat games. Trying to decide if I want to sell my PC and just rock a laptop, or what now. I know I'm going to sell at elast one of my gtx 670s.