What do you want to play more - MGSV or Zelda Wii U?

• 175 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by SolidGame_basic (17360 posts) 4 months, 2 days ago

Poll: What do you want to play more - MGSV or Zelda Wii U? (177 votes)

MGSV 40%
Zelda Wii U 60%

Man, this is a toughy. MGSV excites me from a gameplay perspective, but I don't know how interested I am in the story. Zelda Wii U looked great at E3 and I think Nintendo is really going to make this one special. I'm thinking Zelda Wii U. I have really high expectations for it. You, SW?

#1 Posted by MonsieurX (29982 posts) -

Zelda.

Don't really care about MGS

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (39990 posts) -

I feel more invested in the Metal Gear Solid franchise, so that.

#3 Posted by Blabadon (26148 posts) -

MGSV

#4 Edited by blue_hazy_basic (27535 posts) -

#5 Posted by Suppaman100 (3858 posts) -

MGSV

Although Zelda looks great too, but Zelda has dissapointed more than MGS imo and Zelda is nothing special anymore, there are enough good adventure games.

#6 Posted by Renegade_Fury (17114 posts) -

I'm always up for a new Zelda (as long as it's not wind waker related). I couldn't care less about metal gear.

#7 Posted by Slashkice (13090 posts) -

I'd say MGSV just because the past several Zelda titles have disappointed me.

#8 Edited by sHaDyCuBe321 (4098 posts) -

Both amazing series, but it's not even close.

Zelda is a better franchise 10 times out of 10.

#9 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (1938 posts) -

Never cared about MGS, so Zelda, but it's not on my priorities, unless it's great. Zelda, since it's a new storyline almost always, it's easier to get into. MGS spans across multiple gens.

But i will say, just watched some Phantom Pain gameplay and it looks damm good. Wish we got a stealth game of that quality in a different IP.

#10 Posted by Telekill (4508 posts) -

As I don't like MGS and Zelda used to be a favorite series, my vote is obvious. Sadly, Zelda isn't enough to make me buy the WiiU.

That said, I'd rather play Uncharted 4, Tomb Raider 2, or The Order any day over those two.

#11 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7130 posts) -

Zelda

#12 Posted by mems_1224 (46954 posts) -

After seeing a horse shit itself and a sheep being carried away on a balloon the choice is obvious. MGSV.

#13 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16439 posts) -

Would love to play Zelda, still have to finish a lot of MGS games before I get to V

You can jump into Zelda U without playing any previous Zelda and have fun. In MGS you would just be completely lost without playing the previous ones.

#14 Posted by Seabas989 (10170 posts) -

Zelda so long as it borrows a lot of the great things from ALBWs.

I am looking forward to MGSV too so long as it isn't the awful stuff from MGS4.

#15 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17459 posts) -

Not sure why these two games would go head to head.

MGS is my fav franchise of all time.

I own three zelda games and haven't finish any of them. So there's that.

#16 Posted by charizard1605 (56879 posts) -

Zelda. The answer is always Zelda.

I'd say MGSV just because the past several Zelda titles have disappointed me.

Even A Link Between Worlds? D:

#17 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13811 posts) -

Big Boss easily.

#18 Edited by Heil68 (43939 posts) -

MGS

#19 Posted by g0ddyX (3911 posts) -

MGS wins in every category, from story, to visuals, to sound and characters. A more memorable game.
New Zelda is trying hard to be like Skyrim and Dark Souls but more of a childrens version.

#20 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (11514 posts) -

Neither have co-op soooooo....

#21 Posted by jg4xchamp (47862 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 5, any day of the week.

#22 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17360 posts) -
#23 Posted by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

Metal Gear is one of my top three franchises, so definitely Phantom Pain. However this is the first Zelda I have been excited for since wind waker so I wil be getting it too.

#24 Posted by cainetao11 (17326 posts) -

I cant choose

#25 Posted by Bigboi500 (29603 posts) -

This is a no-brainer... Zelda. You couldn't force me to play a MGS game at gunpoint.

#26 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3536 posts) -

Easily Zelda.

#27 Posted by RnD_9 (79 posts) -

Zelda. I like my games to have more than 2 hours of gameplay.

#28 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5967 posts) -

Zelda interests me more... even though I don't own a Wii U or even a big Zelda fan for that matter. MGS just doesn't interest me at all.

#29 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4938 posts) -

These are the two games I'm looking forward too the most right now.

But yeah, MGSV very easily.

#30 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4938 posts) -

MGSV will very likely have co-op. It's really just a huge expansion on Peace Walker and co-op was one of the big features in that game.

#31 Posted by RogueStatus28 (513 posts) -

At this second I'd want to play the new Zelda over any other game in existence.

#32 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (770 posts) -

MGSV, but I think the new Zelda looks promising.

Thank God...

#33 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4938 posts) -

Thank God...

Hate to rain on your parade, but MGSV will more than likely have co-op.

Peace Walker served as a testing grounds for features in MGSV. Kojima has said repeatedly that he considers the co-op feature a big success. Then there is the fact that he's confirmed that we'll be able to visit our friends bases.

Co-op is all but confirmed at this point. Though luckily it won't be forced on the player.

#34 Posted by farrell2k (5856 posts) -

Anyone who says MGSV is a lying, pretend Nintendo hater. Zelda 1000x over.

#35 Posted by Zassimick (6434 posts) -

Picked up Ground Zeroes yesterday and started it today. I've had a really good time with it so far and it leaves me excited for what's to come in The Phantom Pain.

While I've enjoyed the MGS series through and through, I would definitely rather play the next Legend of Zelda over the next Metal Gear Solid, if I had to choose. Zelda titles generally have a magic to them that just enraptures me. I've also not been disappointed by the recent console titles; in fact Twilight Princess is one of my favorite games of all time and Skyward Sword, while one of the weakest 3D Zelda titles in my opinion was still a fantastic game.

#36 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (770 posts) -

@UnbiasedPoster said:

Thank God...

Hate to rain on your parade, but MGSV will more than likely have co-op.

Peace Walker served as a testing grounds for features in MGSV. Kojima has said repeatedly that he considers the co-op feature a big success. Then there is the fact that he's confirmed that we'll be able to visit our friends bases.

Co-op is all but confirmed at this point. Though luckily it won't be forced on the player.

Like you implied, the game won't be built around it.

Not like Borderlands or the upcoming Assassin's Creed.

#37 Posted by Phazevariance (10942 posts) -

Zelda

#38 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4938 posts) -

Anyone who says MGSV is a lying, pretend Nintendo hater. Zelda 1000x over.

I love Zelda. Been playing it since the original, it's one of my all time favorite game series and the new one is my 2nd most anticipated game.

Still going with MGSV by a long shot. We already know that the gameplay is awesome and the amount of content will be ridiculous. It's just a safe bet at this point.

#39 Posted by bbkkristian (14946 posts) -

Zelda, definitely.

#40 Posted by Solid_Link22 (5633 posts) -

MGSV for me

#41 Posted by AzatiS (7513 posts) -

Witcher 3

#42 Posted by Basinboy (11085 posts) -

I'm still on Zelda's side - it's one of the only Nintendo franchises that still caters to my tastes.

MGS is too bonkers a plotline to draw me in, especially now.

#43 Posted by Batt1eRatt1e (108 posts) -

Between the two choices I'd have to say Shenmue 3 or Shenmue 1&2 HD remakes.

#44 Posted by Coco_pierrot (256 posts) -

Metal Gears is very long but 75% of the time it will take you to finish the game is because of movies that you can save during it because it last way to long ... while in Zelda 100% you'll have your controler in hand really playing the game

#45 Posted by smashed_pinata (3211 posts) -

Why MGSV looks fantastic and will surely be a huge GOTY contender for 2015, Zelda still wins in my book. Majoras Mask is my favorite game of all time; and since playing it, no other game series has been able to captivate me in such engrossing ways.

@Basinboy said:

I'm still on Zelda's side - it's one of the only Nintendo franchises that still caters to my tastes.

MGS is too bonkers a plotline to draw me in, especially now.

I heard you on the latest P2DM podcast, and was wondering what exactly are your tastes in general?

#46 Posted by Vatusus (4593 posts) -

MGSV definitely

#47 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4938 posts) -

Metal Gears is very long but 75% of the time it will take you to finish the game is because of movies that you can save during it because it last way to long.

Nope.

I'm really starting to think that most peoples opinions of the MGS series are based on MGS4.

Peace Walker has more playable content than any Zelda game. MGSV is a massively expanded open world version of Peace Walker.

Then again, this new Zelda will probably be the biggest in the series to date.

Both of these games will be massive single player titles so there's really no need to make shit up about one or the other. They're both going to be huge games, it just depends on what appeals to you more.

#48 Posted by Vatusus (4593 posts) -

@rnd_9 said:

Zelda. I like my games to have more than 2 hours of gameplay.

I dont get where this myth that MGS doesnt have much gameplay came from... just because its cutscenes are long does not mean it has no gameplay

ugh

#49 Edited by Coco_pierrot (256 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner:

I played the first metal gear that came out on the PS2 and the one that came out on the PS3. I was disapointed to see how short the game is once you don't Watch any cutscenes ...

like you said it isn't my cup of tea.

#50 Edited by ConanTheStoner (4938 posts) -

@Coco_pierrot said:

@ConanTheStoner:

I played the first metal gear that came out on the PS2 and the one that came out on the PS3. I was disapointed to see how short the game is once you don't Watch any cutscenes ...

like you said it isn't my cup of tea.

Well yeah if it's not your thing then it's not your thing.

Unfortunately though, you played the worst two in the series when it comes to cutscene/gameplay ratio lol. MGS2 was the first one on PS2 and MGS4 was the one on PS3. MGS2 had some great replay value, but the lack of unique gameplay was largely made up for in the Substance versions extra content.

MGS3 had plenty of content though, more than most single player action adventure games. Peace Walker has almost too much content and MGSV is a direct follow up to that.

Just for comparisons sake, this is one map from MGSV with all the previous maps from the series overlaid to scale... the game is going to be massive.