What do you want and expect of Zelda U?

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

I personally want a bigger open world than TP with realistic yet colorful graphics, items customization like in SS, more than one big town, maybe some sailing and VA a la Okami in Hylian language (except Link).

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Hmm. You know, I am not entirely sure, I suppose Ive always been chasing the feeling I had when playing the first LoZ, but I doubt they will ever be able to make such a thing.

I want some Graphics that are not so far off the concept trailer they put together way back, can't remember if that was for Wii or Wii U, as I have to admit that I don't pay too much attention to games not confirmed.

I suppose I would like a decent overworld, with atleast 1 fairly decent sized hub in the middle, and perhaps some smaller settlements dotted about.

I would not mind upgradable weapons of sorts, and I would like a changing pace from time to time, I do not want it all to be dark and grim, nor do I want a happy go Lucky game constnatly.

What I do want, is secrets! lots of them, and puzzles. I would like to see Nintendo either figure out a really good way to use the pad, or forego it completely in favor of the pro controller, not some halfarsed implementation.

Basicly I just want them to do the best they can.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#3  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

I have loved every Zelda game I've played, but there are two major things I'd like Nintendo to do:

+Take Skyward Sword's combat even further. SS's swordplay was progressive for the franchise, so don't go backwards. Keep it engaging instead of merely functional.

+Get rid of the padding. Skyward Sword's dungeons were amazing, but a bit of that padding towards the end was kind of awful (I'm thinking of that part where you have to collect musical notes underwater, ewww).

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I'm expecting this:

But we all know that Nintendo will disappoint because these days they only make games for children. They don't even care about the edgy teenagers anymore let alone about their adult fans. Which ironically, they are the ones buying this bad excuse of a console while children are flocking to Xbox for their Call of Duty dose.

But anyway, I want a darker Zelda like OOT but without silly looking pokemon companions like Midna getting in the way or the tired old light/dark world settings. And Link should make Zelda his woman for once because they always leave it to the imagination. Nintendo could learn a thing or two from the old provocative Disney movies when it comes to this kind of interaction.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GreySeal9

@Gue1 said:

I'm expecting this:

But we all know that Nintendo will disappoint because these days they only make games for children. They don't even care about the edgy teenagers anymore let alone about their adult fans. Which ironically, they are the ones buying this bad excuse of a console while children are flocking to Xbox for some reason. They only care about Call of Duty.

A wild tard has appeared!

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 93BlackHawk93

@Gue1 said:

I'm expecting this:

But we all know that Nintendo will disappoint because these days they only make games for children. They don't even care about the edgy teenagers anymore let alone about their adult fans. Which ironically, they are the ones buying this bad excuse of a console while children are flocking to Xbox for some reason. They only care about Call of Duty.

What games for children? You mean Mario, Zelda and Pokemon? They're for everyone dumbass. A children could not understand the depth of Pokemon.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:

@Gue1 said:

I'm expecting this:

A wild tard has appeared!

yes make the game look exactly like this,amazing scale.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

I'm just hoping the game doesn't have some shit gimmick like a wolf, shit world and padding up the wazoo like SS, and combat that doesn't suck like any Zelda that isn't Wind Waker.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By 93BlackHawk93

@darkspineslayer said:

I'm just hoping the game doesn't have some shit gimmick like a wolf, shit world and padding up the wazoo like SS, and combat that doesn't suck like any Zelda that isn't Wind Waker.

You don't want a combat that doesn't suck?

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

I'm expecting Link to be playable

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 93BlackHawk93

@nini200 said:

I'm expecting Link to be playable

You're no fun. :/

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

@nini200: I dunno, they usually use that Zelda guy with the green hat /terriblejoke

@93BlackHawk93: poor wording, I do want good combat.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#13 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@93BlackHawk93 said:

I personally want a bigger open world than TP with realistic yet colorful graphics, items customization like in SS, more than one big town, maybe some sailing and VA a la Okami in Hylian language (except Link).

That nails a lot of what I want, actually. One thing I'd REALLY like to see is non-linear dungeon progression with multiple ways of finishing a dungeon depending on the items you have acquired in other dungeons(or no items at all, if you're just starting out).

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#14 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

What I want:

Graphics: Fine with either art style or realistic

Sound: still waiting for Koji Kondo to team up with Nobuo Uematsu

-Epona, she must return.

-Twilight Princess combat

-8 dungeons

-Meaningful sidequests

-night/day cycle

-musical instrument

-pictobox, I want to take selfies like WWR

-Zoras must return, with an awesome domain to enjoy

-time travel return?

-huge overworld, give Xenoblade a run for its money.

-fake open world: vast amount of land to explore, but in reality you have one place to go

-lots of secrets

-fairy fountains

-magic meter

-elemental arrows

Did I miss anything?

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

As long as it's nothing like wind waker, I'm good.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Cut the tutorial bullshit every time I pick up a rupee. I dont need an unskippable message for every little thing I do. Or at least make it an option I can turn off.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Twilight Princess 2.0, obviously with a different name and slightly lighter atmosphere/tone. More side quests and NPC interaction, improved combat, and bigger world. That's what I'm expecting. The game will look like the tech demo but better, and hopefully it'll have some damn AA.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GreySeal9

@mems_1224 said:

Cut the tutorial bullshit every time I pick up a rupee. I dont need an unskippable message for every little thing I do. Or at least make it an option I can turn off.

Good point.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

I WANT a graphically impressive leap for the Zelda series, and a great enhancement to the artistic quality of the production.

What I EXPECT at the very least is for them to stick to some formulaic tradition to the adventure structure.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

I want: Something that is functional (so not Skyward Sword), fun (so not Wind Waker) and fresh (so not Twilight Princess).

I expect: More than one of the above to be completely botched.

@93BlackHawk93 said:

What games for children? You mean Mario, Zelda and Pokemon? They're for everyone dumbass. A children could not understand the depth of Pokemon.

I lol'd.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 93BlackHawk93

@senses_fail_06 said:

I want: Something that is functional (so not Skyward Sword), fun (so not Wind Waker) and fresh (so not Twilight Princess).

@93BlackHawk93 said:

I lol'd.

How is SS not functional? The controls were fine. Everyone plays the game wrong as I see.

And why did you lol at me? >:(

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GreySeal9

@93BlackHawk93 said:

@senses_fail_06 said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

I lol'd.

How is SS not functional? The controls were fine. Everyone plays the game wrong as I see.

sense_fail_06 is an idiot. Ignore him.

anybodykilla15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 anybodykilla15
Member since 2005 • 114 Posts

as long as you don't have to run around the over world,

I think that can be a deal breaker for new comers,

ocarina and majora is terrible for that......

not to say take it out completely, but damn it was a long walk on the N64,

don't make it worse than that

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#24 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

Not so much with I do want opposed to want I DON'T want: Keep boring fetch quests nonexistent or at a minimum, and don't let tutorials drag, otherwise it could once again be the cause a very slow beginning.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GreySeal9

@wiifan001 said:

Not so much with I do want opposed to want I DON'T want: Keep boring fetch quests nonexistent or at a minimum, and don't let tutorials drag, otherwise it could once again be the cause a very slow beginning.

For real. The games are long enough without that shit. There's no need for it.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

What I want: A game that doesnt hold one's hand like what ALBW did. Strong emphasis on side quests, strong atmosphere in dungeons, Zelda 2 difficulty.

What I do not want: Edgy garbage, RPG elements, quantity over quality, a non-minimalistic story

What I expect: Something I did not expect.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GreySeal9

@Maroxad said:

What I want: A game that doesnt hold one's hand like what ALBW did. Strong emphasis on side quests, strong atmosphere in dungeons, Zelda 2 difficulty.

What I do not want: Edgy garbage, RPG elements, quantity over quality, a non-minimalistic story.

Wut?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Maroxad

@GreySeal9: I dont want Zelda to be yet another "too edgy for you" title. In fact, I am sick of and tired of games trying too hard to be dark and "mature" only to end up falling flat on their face so that only a 13 year old would consider said product mature.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Big open world, less handholding/tutorials (just put in an option to turn them off!), more sidequests and content, and the freedom of Link Between Worlds, go anywhere and do anything. If they have all of that I will personally lead the Zelda nerd jacking off party ;)

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GreySeal9

@Maroxad said:

@GreySeal9: I dont want Zelda to be yet another "too edgy for you" title. In fact, I am sick of and tired of games trying too hard to be dark and "mature" only to end up falling flat on their face so that only a 13 year old would consider said product mature.

It's very very unlikely that Zelda is ever going to be a "too edgy for you" title.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Maroxad

@GreySeal9: I am pretty sure it wont happen either. But I always like to assume the worst in any scenario, call me a pessimist if you will. I dont expect to see RPG elements like levelling up either, but I jotted that down too ;)

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

What do I want? It doesn't matter because my wants+Nintendo these days 99% of the time=incredible disappointment.

What do I expect? A game that looks very similar to SS, is more than likely filled with hand-holding and inefficiency of gameplay as all the past have been, and will be the same formula we've had for over two decades with the obligatory addition that will have Nintendo fans ranting that it makes it a WHOLE new game.

Basically, I hold pretty much no hope for anything really noteworthy when it's released in 2017, yet could be mistaken for a game of 2010, if Nintendo's standards are anything to go by.

blaaksheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By blaaksheep
Member since 2006 • 135 Posts

I want a Dark as hell zelda game something obviously aimed at mature audience & lots of hard dungeons. Bring back time travel

1oh1nine1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By 1oh1nine1
Member since 2007 • 779 Posts

The game should be charming, but not too charming. I don't want it to be uber-dark, or try to be, that just doesn't work for Zelda. MM was the perfect amount of darkness. Graphical style should be not-SS.

I want a new Link. As in, a new character design. I am so over TP/SS/wannabe-OOT-adult-Link. Like seriously, for SS, it's like they just took TP Link, changed his pants, and called it a day. Give us a new Link.

If it must have Ganon, then he should be introduced/revealed in a creative new way, or have a creative new role in the game. Not haha-it-was-me-all-along-not-zant-haha Ganondorf.

The overworld should be fun to explore, and have plenty of nooks, crannies, and secrets to uncover. It should not be huge for the sake of being huge like the cavernous barren TP Hyrule. Also, there should be an overworld (looking at you SS).

Let's ditch the helper character, shall we? Unless it's secretly Ganondorf, that'd be a neat twist.

There should not be a super long and boring tutorial section. There should not be a tutorial section. Drop us into the action like ALTTP. The game needs to hook us from the start.

I do not want a dark/future/twilight parallel world-switching mechanic. It is sooooooooo played out in this series (and has crept into others), and needs to die.

Some choice of dungeon order would be nice.

Tingle.

I want a good use of the gamepad, so no motion sword thank you very much.

I don't want cutscenes. I do want skippable or speed-through-able dialogue.

I expect to be disappointed.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Just make sure I can take Link selfies.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

I want it to have realistic graphics and a dark atmosphere. I can enjoy cartoony graphics and light-heartedness for games like Mario, but for an adventure game like Zelda, I like it to be dark.

They also need to not fill it with padding just to make it longer. I will take a 25 hour Zelda game like Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask over a 45 hour Zelda game that is filled with padding like Skyward Sword.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#37 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

It just needs ALL of the following:

1. completely non-linear with no items, plot, or antagonists
  2. Link to be finally voice acted and by none other than Iwata himself
  3. the ability to convert real world dollars into Hyrulian Rupees
  4. should be backwards compatible with all previous Zeldas
  5. online leaderboards
  6. director's audio commentary track
  7. free pie
Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#38 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

A masterpiece, and I know Nintendo will deliver.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

@MirkoS77: if a link between worlds is any indication it probably won't have all those handholding tutorials

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#40  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

I'm keeping my expectations in check, after Skyward Sword. Ugh, that game...

But I want a game in the vein of Twilight Princess with a bit more color, but with a new formula, which they seem to be doing that.

The partner better not be annoying, Midna was by far the best so far.

I wouldn't mind them ditching Ganondorf, honestly.

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

I just wish to be blown away with this next one, like a real must have game. They can introduce new elements, rehash old ones but make the game feel unique and fresh and I'm all in!

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17813 Posts

want:

improved SS controls and more creative ways of using it (the team seem to want to stick with the wiimote and nunchuck).

a link between worlds has taken some very interesting directions. rent items and tackle dungeons in whatever order you want. i would maybe tweak it though so that you can buy items from the off.

a big overworld to explore with loads and loads of dungeons (100s). every dungeon would be in the zelda tradition but most would just be 1-2 room dungeons with no boss. a sign or symbol would be in each one so the player would know what item(s) they would need to get all the treasure. some dungeons would be bigger and more involved of course.

more variety in dungeons. some could be more combat focused. others could be more puzzle solving. some could involve escorting someone, others being chased by something etc. NO TIMED DUNGEONS! hate time limits in games.

lots of dynamically generated events as the player travels around. a big variety would be important. these could range from saving a village you are passing by to coming accross a traveling salesman. getting the variety and rate of occurrence spot on would be tricky though.

a better sense of life around the place (leaf from elder scrolls on that front).

more money sinks. its more difficult to do with an adventure game compared to an RPG but more fun things to do with money. mini games, buying houses and decorating, improving a run down town (like colony 6 in xenoblade)...stuff like that.

expect:

i have no idea. nintendo are going to do whatever the hell they want. i just expect it to entertain (which the series generally does very well).

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 senses_fail_06

@93BlackHawk93 said:

Lol. I remember hearing this excuse in the 90s. Still funny.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 senses_fail_06

@GreySeal9: Nice post, peon.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

I would like to see more hidden areas in the game. I want a good Day/night cycle. I would like voice acting for everyone but Link. I really enjoy Zelda motion combat so I would like to see that say, but I don't think it will.

Chrome-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#46 Chrome-
Member since 2009 • 1744 Posts

Sex, lots of it.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I expect a 7/10

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GreySeal9

@GunSmith1_basic said:

It just needs ALL of the following:

1. completely non-linear with no items, plot, or antagonists
  2. Link to be finally voice acted and by none other than Iwata himself
  3. the ability to convert real world dollars into Hyrulian Rupees
  4. should be backwards compatible with all previous Zeldas
  5. online leaderboards
  6. director's audio commentary track
  7. free pie

lol. I like this list.

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49  Edited By voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts

@bbkkristian said:

What I want:

Graphics: Fine with either art style or realistic

Sound: still waiting for Koji Kondo to team up with Nobuo Uematsu

-Epona, she must return.

-Twilight Princess combat

-8 dungeons

-Meaningful sidequests

-night/day cycle

-musical instrument

-pictobox, I want to take selfies like WWR

-Zoras must return, with an awesome domain to enjoy

-time travel return?

-huge overworld, give Xenoblade a run for its money.

-fake open world: vast amount of land to explore, but in reality you have one place to go

-lots of secrets

-fairy fountains

-magic meter

-elemental arrows

Did I miss anything?

Yes.. u missed "REMOVE THE F***KING FAIRY.. I dont want someone yelling listen over and over"

Also for ONCE make me play as Ganon instead of Link.