What do you think of the PS4's Streaming Capabilities?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 8 months, 9 days ago

Poll: What do you think of the PS4's Streaming Capabilities? (16 votes)

They're Good. 44%
They're Bad. 0%
Needs To Be Fleshed Out More 19%
I Don't Care About Streaming 38%

So now that anyone with a PS4 can broadcast their best moments and worst fails with a single press of the SHARE button, what do you think of the feature so far? Especially those who have used dedicated capture equipment in the past.

#2 Posted by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

It seems pretty capable. Not the quality of stream you can get with a good capture card setup, but for the convenience provided there's nothing to complain about.

#3 Edited by TheEroica (13019 posts) -

I was actually gonna sign up for a twitch account today and try it... it seems easy enough to get started though.

BTW... off topic but how come it shows the ps4 being able to stand vertically on a base, yet the base didnt come in the box?

#4 Posted by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

I care more about the Share feature (setup my default to take screenshots if tapped).

#5 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16473 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

I was actually gonna sign up for a twitch account today and try it... it seems easy enough to get started though.

BTW... off topic but how come it shows the ps4 being able to stand vertically on a base, yet the base didnt come in the box?

My car can use snow tires, why didn't it come with them?

#6 Edited by TheEroica (13019 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

My car can use snow tires, why didn't it come with them?

So is that is? it's an added accessory? I was thinking of standing it vertical and was miffed. I for some reason thought stuff like that came in the box.

#7 Edited by Nightflash28 (2046 posts) -

The streaming capabilities are cool. I've been watching lotsa streams on Twitch.tv the past months and some of the PS4 in recent days. Cool feature!!!

#8 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (4992 posts) -

Share + Streaming = best next gen console features

#9 Posted by Telekill (4225 posts) -

I'm really enjoying it. I've streamed a couple times. Also being able to post vids to Facebook is cool. I've posted a video every day I've played. I like being able to use the functions to see how other games are too. My buddy likes Battlefield 4 and I watch him play. I may buy it due to the feature.

#10 Posted by edidili (3446 posts) -

I don't really care about streaming, never really liked watching other people play either.

One thing I like about what these consoles are doing however is the constant recording they do in the background. Playing games in the past and doing something really cool once in a while I always wished I could record it. Nothing awesome happens when I'm actually recording. So yeah that's a great feature.

#11 Edited by TruthBToldShow (328 posts) -

It seems pretty capable. Not the quality of stream you can get with a good capture card setup, but for the convenience provided there's nothing to complain about.

I think the playback quality on Twitch has been atrocious. Heavily compressed, pixelated messes that dont do the games justice at all.