What do you think (if anything) is ruining gaming?

• 166 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
@hernandezzzz said:

Want to know what's really sad? Look at the top of thread in System Wars right now: Xbox One and PS4 are seriously complete jokes.

@clyde46 said:

@hernandezzzz said:

Want to know what's really sad? Look at the top thread in System Wars right now: Xbox One and PS4 are seriously complete jokes.

"All the Xbox One and PS4 do is play PC games at low settings, period."

This shit isn't gonna stop anytime soon, is it?

Read the rest of that post....

"Anyone who is playing anything on PS4 or Xbox One is just playing a game on low settings that they could be playing on high settings instead on a PC. What's even the point in investing in something for low settings?"

Yeah, thanks for making me go back and read that pile of crap a second time. You must really hate me...

I'll bring it here for you since you can't obviously do it yourself.

I was just making a thread comparing the top 5 exclusives between the PS4, Xbox One and Wii U, and I couldn't even find 5 exclusives for the PS4 and Xbox One. You literally have to scrape the very very bottom of the barrel. What is the point of these machines when the PC does everything they do but better?

There's only one reason and one reason only to own a PS4 or an Xbox One, and that would be if you simply could not afford a gaming PC. All the Xbox One and PS4 do is play PC games at low settings, period.

Wii U on the other hand, now that is a great little system. What an identity it has, it's such a great compliment to my PC. Super Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, Mario Kart 8 (so good), Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros. U, New Super Luigi U, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, The Wonderful 101 and Nintendo Land. That's quite a lineup of games right there. The worst exclusives on the Wii U are better than the best exclusives on PS4 and Xbox One combined. It's seriously hilarious.

Obviously more games will come later, but I find it funny how worthless these 2 systems are right now. I haven't turned my PS4 on in months. Anyone who is playing anything on PS4 or Xbox One is just playing a game on low settings that they could be playing on high settings instead on a PC. What's even the point in investing in something for low settings?

That TC is insinuating that the PS4 and X1 are little more than just low end PC's where as the Wii U is a true console for gamers... Like I said, read the whole post before making conclusions.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 clyde46

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@clyde46 said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@clyde46 said:

He's become rather adept at dodging that question.

Why should I answer it when he will just dodge the point I'm making.

He's dodged my points before...so lets not act as if I should just go on good faith and answer his and then expect the same respect in return.

What point? It was you who made the first claim. The onus is on you to back that up.

The point that others can mention cows...and ppl joke with it...then someone replies with lems and hermits....and nothing.

But when I say it.....he's gotta have a fucking explanation.

Again...it's nice to know so many find my opinion so valued.

I don't have to back up shit....it's my opinion....obviously I have my own reason for feeling this way.

If you don't like hearing someones response then this forum is not for you. Fact of the matter is, Cows are the butt of nearly every SW joke. Its been like that since I was first here back in 2005. The reason people pulled you up on your first comment is because you have a history of being very anti-PC gamer and to them that looked like thinly veiled bait. Add to that your reaction after being pulled up on said comment only confirms their suspicions. You said you wanted to be treated with respect but this on the way you go about getting it. You look at most threads, even troll threads you will find people of all factions having civil discussions because one party has been civil to the other, you act like an ass, you are treated as such.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@lostrib said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

uh then make a negative PC thread...Not sure how the board is weighed in "our" favor. There have been plenty of anti-PC threads made in SW. I mean are we supposed to force people to make threads so that there's an even number of pro- and anti-PC threads?

Why are PC gamers to blame for ruining gaming?

He's dodged my points before...so lets not act as if I should just go on good faith and answer his and then expect the same respect in return.

Ruining? I don't know if they are ruining things, but if the more niche titles sold better there'd be a bigger focus on pc. The problem is the gamer generation that just got started with 360 and ps3--dlc, fees, nonsense--that don't know the industry any other way.

I do think things will turn around in the next few years. Been saying that same thing but darn the ps4 and xbox are just crap consoles right now. These two companies aren't solely destroying consoles. However, couple that with the gullible gamers out there and things sure are going down the toilet.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@clyde46 said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@clyde46 said:

What point? It was you who made the first claim. The onus is on you to back that up.

The point that others can mention cows...and ppl joke with it...then someone replies with lems and hermits....and nothing.

I don't have to back up shit....it's my opinion....obviously I have my own reason for feeling this way.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 lostrib

@hernandezzzz said:

@clyde46 said:

@hernandezzzz said:

Want to know what's really sad? Look at the top thread in System Wars right now: Xbox One and PS4 are seriously complete jokes.

"All the Xbox One and PS4 do is play PC games at low settings, period."

This shit isn't gonna stop anytime soon, is it?

Read the rest of that post....

"Anyone who is playing anything on PS4 or Xbox One is just playing a game on low settings that they could be playing on high settings instead on a PC. What's even the point in investing in something for low settings?"

Yeah, thanks for making me go back and read that pile of crap a second time. You must really hate me...

He also praises the WiiU and says, "The worst exclusives on the Wii U are better than the best exclusives on PS4 and Xbox One combined. It's seriously hilarious."

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#156  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@clyde46 said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@clyde46 said:

If you don't like hearing someones response then this forum is not for you. Fact of the matter is, Cows are the butt of nearly every SW joke. Its been like that since I was first here back in 2005. The reason people pulled you up on your first comment is because you have a history of being very anti-PC gamer and to them that looked like thinly veiled bait. Add to that your reaction after being pulled up on said comment only confirms their suspicions. You said you wanted to be treated with respect but this on the way you go about getting it. You look at most threads, even troll threads you will find people of all factions having civil discussions because one party has been civil to the other, you act like an ass, you are treated as such.

omg...thats such bullshit.

I've become anti PC after coming here. I would go into how I am, but it's not going to matter. This shit will keep circling as I'm "just some cow that hates PC gaming/gamers" when in fact I plan on buying Farcry 4 for PC, have 170 games on Steam, have about 13 games on my wishlist waiting on the Xmas Sale on Steam....and my favorite game of all time is Tribes 2.

For fucks sake dude...you don't know me....no one here does.

The only thing you want to figure about me is that I have blind hate about PC b/c my first post wasn't completely, totally, all about, and in awe of the glory of the PC master race.

My first post here was replied with "just some bullshit don't bother with this opinion" or something. Not that I took complete offense to it...but with that sort of welcoming right off the bat....yeah...I think I'll stick to calling ppl out and being a prick to ppl who are pricks to me.

Why give respect where it's not warranted.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#157  Edited By deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

@clyde46 said:
That TC is insinuating that the PS4 and X1 are little more than just low end PC's...

Yeah, that's part of the problem. He shouldn't be insinuating stupid shit like that at all.

If he wants to praise the Wii U, fine, that's actually contributing something positive to the gaming community. It helps raise awareness about a system that is, quite possibly, vastly underrated. The rest is just flaunting specs and that's something that, as I said before, I see a lot coming from PC gamers.

PS: I assume that TC has a Wii U/PC combo and is trying to justify his option. Good for him, I guess...

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 lostrib

@hernandezzzz: no, arkephonic is just a dumbass

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 clyde46

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@clyde46 said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@clyde46 said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@clyde46 said:

omg...thats such bullshit.

I've become anti PC after coming here. I would go into how I am, but it's not going to matter. This shit will keep circling as I'm "just some cow that hates PC gaming/gamers" when in fact I plan on buying Farcry 4 for PC, have 170 games on Steam, have about 13 games on my wishlist waiting on the Xmas Sale on Steam....and my favorite game of all time is Tribes 2.

For fucks sake dude...you don't know me....no one here does.

The only thing you want to figure about me is that I have blind hate about PC b/c my first post wasn't completely, totally, all about, and in awe of the glory of the PC master race.

My first post here was replied with "just some bullshit don't bother with this opinion" or something. Not that I took complete offense to it...but with that sort of welcoming right off the bat....yeah...I think I'll stick to calling ppl out and being a prick to ppl who are pricks to me.

Why give respect where it's not warranted.

And you wonder why people continue to treat you as such. I don't care if you have a billion games on PC or whatever, as you said, I don't know you. To me you're somebody, somewhere in the world with a stupid name and a chip on their shoulder. There is a difference between voicing your misgivings about the PC gaming culture and being a knob. What you've done in your previous threads is nothing but bait. You bait well known PC gamers on this forum with your comments and then try and trap them in this circle of "I'm the victim".

Most people don't jump straight into SW with a "I hate PC gaming" attitude and you're dam right people are going to pick up on that real fast. You are trying to make out that this "tarring with the brush" is unique to Hermits. Have you not been in debate with the major Cow players on this board? You say anything bad about their beloved console and you are instantly branded a Lemming. They don't try and refute your response, they just jump right in with "You're a Lemming" and they will hear no more. If you think its just Cows that do it then you are wrong. Back with the 360 was running riot, Lemmings were intolerable. If you think Cows are bad now, Lemmings were a lot worse.

It all comes down to how you conduct yourself. If you are reasonable and provide proof to your claims then people will engage in good natured debate. Continue the way you are going and people will keep pulling you up on every little thing you post. They will pick apart everything you say and go through it with a fine tooth comb which no doubt will get your back up.

You can take my advice or leave it. I've been here almost 10 years. I've seen the ebb and flow of SW and how the landscape changes based on the gaming world. I've seen many users like you come and go. Some decide to change and stay whilst others just fall into the obsess, lost amongst the rest of the alts and throw-away accounts.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#160 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

Hmmmm... I would say the only example I could think of are games that are designed to make the user spend more money through micro-transactions to progress. This idea of designing your game to generate revenue after release has been around since arcades; however, I think arcades games impede progress and generate revenue through difficulty which is inherently different from impeding progress through temporally creating such a long grind that the only feasible way to progress is spending money.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@Boddicker

Oh its an actuall game mode.... I though you were challenging yourself.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@clyde46: Edit:......I'm sorry....I just don't give a **** what you say.

And I have a good reason for thinking that way about several of you.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

people who decide not to play a game for superficial and artificial reasons. people who can't really afford gaming as a hobby and diss a system or a game before trying it

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By clyde46

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@clyde46: Edit:......I'm sorry....I just don't give a **** what you say.

And I have a good reason for thinking that way about several of you.

Well stop whining when people call you out on things then.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

Over-emphasis on graphics.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 lostrib

@SolidGame_basic said:

people who decide not to play a game for superficial and artificial reasons. people who can't really afford gaming as a hobby and diss a system or a game before trying it

isn't that what you do?

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

If anything I think over-casualization and over-Hollywooding has been the two biggest issues gaming wise.

Some casualization is fine (muce more appreciated when you are an adult working full-time and have little time for games) but it seems devs like to try and over casualize things and ruin things in the process. Games still need SOME bite to them to be great in my mind.

There has also been that plague of turning WAY too many games into linear cinematic experiences. It was my one big issue with the Tomb Raider reboot. Was still fun as they did a PHENOMENAL job with the combat, but I seriously missed the exploring of big open areas and really difficult to find secrets. Especially with how big the internet is now, there is no reason they can't put in some difficult stuff that might make people have to look something up.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts

Tablets Androids and iPhones

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@MBirdy88: You're a sad little man. Accusing me of things with no proof and no knowledge of history.

@lostrib: Ah...it's good to admit that you're biased....thats good....now let the healing begin. Now...why should I answer your question when all you're going to do is view it with a biased outlook and argue no matter what I say....just like you, clyde, mikhail and the rest do all the time.

Just FYI....theres now ANOTHER anti-belittling console thread. As I've said before...you guys have the glory days here. I just find it interesting that theres negative console thread after negative console thread while there are hardly any regarding PC. It was only a week since the last trolling negative console thread. It really shows how you guys are insecure.

So don't act like this board isn't weighed heavily in your favor.

dodging the issues. you can deny it all you like, most of your posts are specifically aimed at annoying hermits, jog on sir, you have been busted.

Reasons? yea, you'r a bitter troll alt that cries wolf then plays victim.

@hernandezzzz This... is ... System ... Wars..... honestly, you act like victims... but the simply reality of the situation is that the noisiest faction here are cows thinking they are number one because they are ahead of xbox and wii u. but when it comes to another platform where the arguments usually end EASILY in favour of PC suddenly you guys are victims, and this is a "PC BOARD" ....

Simply put, I've never seen such insecurity just because a group can't claim 1st place. the ammount of cow-troll-alts has gotten ridiculous, most of the time it just boils down to crap like mr_huggles_dog coming into threads related to PC games now and derailing it for entire pages, even when told not to.

That thread you are quoting, he is justified in saying that PS4/X1 are weak PC's with barely any worthwhile games.... this is system wars, that is valid topic. just because it offends because there is an element of truth *currently* with it, does not make it any less valid, or elitest or insulting. I have a PS4 and I don't even know why I have it... it's next to useless compared to my PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@hernandezzzz said:

@clyde46 said:
That TC is insinuating that the PS4 and X1 are little more than just low end PC's...

Yeah, that's part of the problem. He shouldn't be insinuating stupid shit like that at all.

If he wants to praise the Wii U, fine, that's actually contributing something positive to the gaming community. It helps raise awareness about a system that is, quite possibly, vastly underrated. The rest is just flaunting specs and that's something that, as I said before, I see a lot coming from PC gamers.

PS: I assume that TC has a Wii U/PC combo and is trying to justify his option. Good for him, I guess...

arkephonic is a well known character here, he use to be incredibly anti-pc himself, showing off his mac and his console gaming library ... and argueing with PC gamers all day, I wouldn't take him seriously, seems he has switched sides to continue riling people up.