What do you dislike about the VITA most?

• 164 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by Heil68 (43273 posts) -
That it's a handheld.
#152 Posted by jimmypsn (4425 posts) -

Another reason why is that Sony continues to mislead people. It's in their nature and history. Toy story graphics, 120 FPS 4D gaming. 6 times more powerful than 360 and now they are saying the Vita has PS3 graphics. complete BS. Why do their fans keep being taken for fools.

#153 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16744 posts) -
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="DISSESHOWEDO"]

2 is true, 1 and 3 are just plain stupid !

-Patrick_92-
All three are true. Denial will get you no where with me.

I wouldn't call the hardware over priced, considering the power of the system, but it is a steep asking price for a handheld. I think the price point is justified, it's just too much for the average consumer. I also disagree with the games point, but I've already made my case about that earlier in the thread. Completely agree about the memory cards though, I understand Sony is trying to take measures to prevent hackers, but that is no excuse for the price of the cards.

Sells tell you everything. If it wasn't over priced, it would be selling. If the library wasn't pretty much a watered down PS3 experience, it would be selling.
#154 Posted by -Patrick_92- (2168 posts) -

[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"][QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"] All three are true. Denial will get you no where with me.AmazonTreeBoa
I wouldn't call the hardware over priced, considering the power of the system, but it is a steep asking price for a handheld. I think the price point is justified, it's just too much for the average consumer. I also disagree with the games point, but I've already made my case about that earlier in the thread. Completely agree about the memory cards though, I understand Sony is trying to take measures to prevent hackers, but that is no excuse for the price of the cards.

Sells tell you everything. If it wasn't over priced, it would be selling. If the library wasn't pretty much a watered down PS3 experience, it would be selling.

To me overpriced does not mean the price point is too high, if the hardware justifies the price. An example of what I think is considered overpriced was when Nintendo was selling the 3DS for $250 at launch (even though I bought a launch 3DS, damn hype train :P), Nintendo was asking for more than what the 3DS was capable of hardware wise. There is a difference between being overpriced and being expensive.

You are correct though, it is overpriced in the sense of it's not selling because the price is too steep for the average consumer, but I do not think Sony is out of line for it's asking price. The Vita is an excellent device, $250 seems like a fair price for what you get (however, the memory card price is not fair). That being said it needs a price cut now, obviously people aren't finding value in the system when they can get a 3DS for almost $100 cheaper, with games they are familiar with like Mario Kart 7 and NSMB2.

The library is one of the things Sony got right for the Vita (in my opinion), that launch line-up was one of the best I've seen in recent memory, Uncharted Golden Abyss, WipEout 2048, Lumines, Super Stardust Delta, UMvC3, Hot Shots Golf, Rayman Origins, and Mutant Blobs Attack. Then it continued to put out solid titles throughout the year with games like Gravity Rush, Little Big Planet Vita (which is far from a watered down PS3 game), Unit 13, Persona 4 Golden, and PlayStation All-Stars (which is the exact same as the PS3 version, no better no worse). Yes the Vita does have some ports and multiplats, but I don't see why this is a bad thing. You are getting console quality games that you can take with you on the go, with little to no difference between the two. Mortal Kombat, Rayman Origins, MLB The Show, Need for Speed Most Wanted, and UMvC3 are all great games, that play perfectly on the Vita.

The Vita's library is not what is keeping the Vita from selling well, the reason why it isn't selling well is because of it's price point, and the lack of advertising. If Sony lowers the price, and then advertises that lower price then the Vita will start to see some success. Remember the Kevin Butler ads for PS3 that advertised the $299 price?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV8QM04Cg_U. I remember the PS3 started doing really well after that.

#155 Posted by KBFloYd (12943 posts) -

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

bullcrap...this son of a b1tch goes on the wii forum constantly bashing motion controls and saying the wiiU suck right now and to wait a year to buy... and in system wars he keeps saying WiiU bomba trying to get the wiiU momentum to fail...

never defends the 360...always negative against it...never posts in the 360 forum..

this guy will buy anything sony...including defending the vita and ps3 till death....

this guy is a hardcore cow...make no mistake..

campzor

absolutely not. Yes i constantly bash motion controls, so what? Last time i checked, sony has motion controls as well..and i rip them a new one just as much..and how doesnt the wii u suck right now? Compare it to the ps3/360 and its a joke until it gets a solid library, which it does not have at the moment. Why wouldnt someone buy a wii u in a years time? Will probably be cheaper...will actually have a list of decent games (hopefully) and will give nintendo time to sort out the sh!t with the horrible OS and other annoyances like the virtual console and being able to play the vc games on the gamepad... stop me if ive said anything which doesnt make sense... oh please stop me.. i dare you.

In system wars..i pretty much jokingly say bomba for the wii u in media create threads..big deal..i also jokingly say the vita is gaining momentum by selling 1 extra unit than the week before..sorry for having some ***** fun.

I HONESTLY dont see anything to defend with the 360..so why should I? I think the UI is awful...i dont like the controller...and the only decent series which i love (and never bash) is gears of war.. I dont post on the 360 forums because its pretty much dead compared to the ps3/sw boards.

And no..i would not buy anything sony.. i didnt buy a psp..i bought a ds over the psp... as char said.. sony fan.. i prefer them over the competition..but i dont blindly follow them. Sony will get just as much sh!t when i see something i dont like.

Want some examples?

MOVE SUCKS

HEAVY RAIN SUCKS

JOURNEY SUCKS

LBP1-2 ARE VERY BORING

BACKING UP SAVES ON THE SYSTEM SUCKS

HAVING APPS FOR THE VITA INSTEAD OF INTEGRATED INTO THE UI (just as the ps3) SUCKS.

If anything.. YOU are the diehard fanboy who always praises nintendo and bashes the other publishers/consoles.

how stupid... i can do that too

CONDUIT 2 SUCKS
Mario Galaxy 2 was MILKAGE
Red Steel 2 SUCKS
wii Sports Resort is a JOKE

fact is you a sony fanboy...cow to the max..

do you deny it?

2wntncm.png

#156 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"][QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"] All three are true. Denial will get you no where with me.

Psp sold at 250 with more ports so I don't think that is the reason
#157 Posted by caseypayne69 (5386 posts) -
Lack of major hits.
#158 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

do you deny it?

KBFloYd

yes, coz clearly u dont know the difference between a cow and a sony fan.

#159 Posted by dovberg (3348 posts) -

I dislike the stupid gimmicks they force on you. Holding the camera to a light, making you take off your fingers to perform some dumb touch screen gesture, and forcing you to use the back touch pad... Constantly... none of those things have been done correctly in any of the games ive played, and it kills my experience and replay value. What dont you like about the VITA?SonyNintendoFan

I think you covered my main issues andif the current games didn't have those issuesthey'd all be far more playable and I'd be happy with it's library. I enjoyed Gravity Rush at first but then it got to be too much of a pain because of the gimic centered way all Vita games go. So far LBP vita is the best game hands down and it still has that issue.

There are NO games having previews released atm that show any sign of anything interesting (I was interested in PSO2 but the NA version for vita still hasn't been announced while the JP version is in the beta now)and I'd trade it in to gamestop if they gave an ok price at all.

#161 Posted by KBFloYd (12943 posts) -

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

do you deny it?

campzor

yes, coz clearly u dont know the difference between a cow and a sony fan.

2poyz9y.jpg

#162 Posted by Crysis3Soldier (111 posts) -
Tacked on touch control features. Other than that, I'm very happy so far.
#163 Posted by Zophar87 (4345 posts) -

[QUOTE="SonyNintendoFan"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]How Sony handles ittjoeb123
What do you mean?

-Pricing -Memory Card -The Plus bundle -Not many big games (other than SS) to be released this year as of now -Security -Not being able to transfer saves

Basically this. And I don't think I've seen a single commercial for the handheld.

#164 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7249 posts) -

[QUOTE="SonyNintendoFan"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]How Sony handles ittjoeb123
What do you mean?

-Pricing -Memory Card -The Plus bundle -Not many big games (other than SS) to be released this year as of now -Security -Not being able to transfer saves

This sums up how I feel about the PSV and the reason why 3DS is owning it right now.