What do xbox owners really get with MS announcing TR?

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@Bigboi500 said:

A game with a vomit-inducing, shaky-assed camera system.

The camera in the reboot was terrific.

I heard they fixed it for the PC, but I don't think they did for PS4.

There was nothing to fix (i had the og version), it's a standard third person shooter camera. The camera is perfectly fine and entirely in the control of a player like any other third person shooter.

You can google it. Lots of people had a problem with it being to loose, and causing motion sickness. It was so bad that it was given an option to stabilize it on the enhanced version on PC.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

Nothing. It comes out of the gate a fucking mulit plat..lolz

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

@lostrib said:

Well if they're non system warriors, they probably aren't those talking about it. So I doubt they care that much.

This isn't the only site that went over board about this game. Which is why they finally mentioned the "timed" part of exclusive. Which really seemed obvious from reading the wording anyway.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@santoron said:

I'll repost my take from another thread:

Now that MS's careful statements have shown exactly what they paid for I'm honestly surprised the XBox fans aren't upset.

Every platform has a budget, and Spencer chose to spend a chunk of his not on improving his own platform by adding a game, expansion, dlc, or even a desired console feature, but on slowing the release of a game on other platforms. Does this make life better for his customers? Nope. Will it convince many to buy an XBone? Nope, and even less likely to help since it's still coming to 360 at the same time.

So he just blew a wad of cash to pretend his platform has something unique for a few weeks. And to even get THAT much out of it he has to spend the next year and a half trying to avoid questions or answering them with BS PR speak that everyone has by now learned to decipher. That sounds miserable. Just about the biggest waste of resources I can think of.

I've made no secret that I think Spencer has done a fantastic job bringing XBox back to respectability and far faster than I thought possible. But this is a move with no winners, one I doubt even he could defend if pinned down on the matter.

Stupid cows.

It has not been announced for PS3/4. The "exclusitivity" could end, and it will just show up on PC. You own personal hopes are not facts.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22651 Posts

Wow... congrats xbox faithful I haven't seen cow damage control like this OP in a long time... perhaps the tides are turning. Dat Lara....

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#56 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

everyone is so mad? B class uncharted? LOL, I know alot of people prefer TR over that linear mess.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@TheRealBigRich said:

@bezza2011 said:

Tomb Raider is a Timed exclusive, it's just been confirmed so all this anger and fighting, just can stop now, Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive which means, it isn't helping Xbox One's sell more, when we know it's coming out later.

Stop ? its just starting lol now people will be even more angry for some reason even when we all knew it was timed

lol I know, I'll admit I was angry about it, I just feel there are certain games out there which are third party which should never be touched and i think MS crossed the line and i feel crystal dynamic's wanted a get rich fast plan and they got it. but with the confirmed news that it is only timed, it seems a little pointless on MS, I don't see Tomb Raider being a system seller so why they would do this is beyond me but we'll see

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

Assuming you like Tomb Raider, it's a good game coming to XB1 before anywhere else.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

We get the sequel to a great game first, just like Dead Rising 3. MS has a strategy that it seems devs like. Release first on us, w epay you up front, and you keep the rights to your product. If it takes off (ala Bioshock and Mass Effect, likely Titanfall) then multiplat the sequel. It works for MS and the dev. If you're asking about online bragging rights, lol, that doesn't matter to me. But in terms of Xbox One gamers we get it first, and if we don't want/have a PS4 and are itching for an Uncharted like adventure, its a veryu, very nice consolation price winter 2015.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

@Midnightshade29 said:

Really now, think about this for a second. An xb1 owner is watching that conference expecting new game announcements, new ips and all that, and MS announces that a multiplatform game that was announced 2 months ago that is synonymous with the competition will be exclusive in 2015 holiday for xbox..

The game was already announced for xbox 2 months ago... what do xbox fans get. Why should they even be happy over this? To gloat? They didn't get a new game at all.

This is the difference between MS, sony and nintendo.... MS takes games away, while Sony and Nintendo add to the industry. Shady practices for a shady company...nothing more.

Now if this wasn't announced a month ago and MS was publishing this to help fund the game being made, then sure that would be fine...but just doing this to deny PC and PS4 gamers.. how does that help the xbox gamers? It doesn't....and anyone there that cheered for that is a moron. All this does is show that MS doesn't have a creative bone and would rather moneyhat then fund new ips.

So answer me this...what does the average non system wars xbox owner get from this? It's a game they already knew they were going to be able to buy == nothing new.

Ps2, Ps1, First half of PS3

the end of this conversation.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Um. Sure.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

@bezza2011 said:

@TheRealBigRich said:

@bezza2011 said:

Tomb Raider is a Timed exclusive, it's just been confirmed so all this anger and fighting, just can stop now, Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive which means, it isn't helping Xbox One's sell more, when we know it's coming out later.

Stop ? its just starting lol now people will be even more angry for some reason even when we all knew it was timed

lol I know, I'll admit I was angry about it, I just feel there are certain games out there which are third party which should never be touched and i think MS crossed the line and i feel crystal dynamic's wanted a get rich fast plan and they got it. but with the confirmed news that it is only timed, it seems a little pointless on MS, I don't see Tomb Raider being a system seller so why they would do this is beyond me but we'll see

Well I understand and I don't think it will sell millions of consoles but I can't say I don't think it wont make a difference at all. It is the same as PS4 getting exclusive DLC for Destiny . Its not a system seller but every little bit helps I would think

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63  Edited By bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@TheRealBigRich said:

@bezza2011 said:

@TheRealBigRich said:

@bezza2011 said:

Well I understand and I don't think it will sell millions of consoles but I can't say I don't think it wont make a difference at all. It is the same as PS4 getting exclusive DLC for Destiny . Its not a system seller but every little bit helps I would think

Maybe but at least everyone gets to play destiny, no one else beside people who have Xbox One will be able to play Tomb Raider, which I think is an absolute shame, it's just strange, PS4 is selling more, PS4 sold more copies than X1 of Tomb Raider, but now X1 has it as a timed exclusive, honestly crystal dynamics must of got a sh*t ton of cash, to take them over to where the game sold less lol it's just weird/.

L0ngshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By L0ngshot
Member since 2014 • 516 Posts

What to they get? Bragging rights for few months.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#66  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@shawn30 said:

We get the sequel to a great game first, just like Dead Rising 3. MS has a strategy that it seems devs like. Release first on us, w epay you up front, and you keep the rights to your product. If it takes off (ala Bioshock and Mass Effect, likely Titanfall) then multiplat the sequel. It works for MS and the dev. If you're asking about online bragging rights, lol, that doesn't matter to me. But in terms of Xbox One gamers we get it first, and if we don't want/have a PS4 and are itching for an Uncharted like adventure, its a veryu, very nice consolation price winter 2015.

Uncharted like adventure? Uncharted is like Indiana Jones. Tomb Raider (especially the reboot) is totally different.

MS are holding a game hostage. Especially a sequal tho. What would you do if GTA 6 was held on PS4 for 6 months? You would be pissed now don't lie. I really wanted to play that game.

How? she's exploring tombs and on some supernatural adventure nonsense. Both are actively about shooting dudes, and if anything the reboot has more exploration as a whole.

Also the latter part is a simple solution: you wait. You act like an adult, and show some patience, and wait.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@shawn30 said:

Uncharted like adventure? Uncharted is like Indiana Jones. Tomb Raider (especially the reboot) is totally different.

MS are holding a game hostage. Especially a sequal tho. What would you do if GTA 6 was held on PS4 for 6 months? You would be pissed now don't lie. I really wanted to play that game.

I wouldn't be pissed off at all cause no matter how much of a gamer I am, or how much I enjoy them, Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo are in a business to make as much money as they can; and each will do any and everything to achieve that goal. If you think otherwise you are fooling yourself. Sony money-hatted games for years, same as MS. It sucks if its a game you really want to play, but its business and it will never change. At the end of the last gen 85+ million 360's and PS3's were sold despite the outrageous system wars across social media and gaming forums. Why? Cause at the end of the day people want to play games and will likely end up with both consoles at some point. I am willing to bet No Mans Sky will land on the One, but after the PS4/PC version due to Sony moneyhat. Its a smart move even as it affects me cause I don't have/want a PS4. But its business as usual.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Just brings another exclusive to the xbox platform. I will assume this will release around uncharted 4 and will help bolster xone exclusives in 2015-16 to counter uncharted, the order and etc.

I like the move by MS, this will hurt Sony if their exclusives get delayed. Sony is getting stomped at the tail end of 2014 by MS.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#69 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

@BigBadBully said:

Just brings another exclusive to the xbox platform. I will assume this will release around uncharted 4 and will help bolster xone exclusives in 2015-16 to counter uncharted, the order and etc.

I like the move by MS, this will hurt Sony if their exclusives get delayed. Sony is getting stomped at the tail end of 2014 by MS.

Except it'a a timed exclusive lol so it won't do much except early sales on a system not selling all that well

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-13-microsoft-confirms-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-xbox-exclusivity-deal-has-a-duration

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

They get a B class Uncharted and the ability to throw it in Pplaystaton fans faces for a bit.

I don't even think they care about having it as an exclusive...they just care they can finally throw something in "our" faces and go "HAHAHAHAH".

Sun shines on a dogs ass at some point.

They get uncharted 3 on Xbone? Because that was a B class uncharted

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Well I thought we were getting an exclusive Tomb Raider but it turns out it's cross gen and timed....so not a fucking thing.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

@Solid_Max13 said:

@BigBadBully said:

Except it'a a timed exclusive lol so it won't do much except early sales on a system not selling all that well

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-13-microsoft-confirms-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-xbox-exclusivity-deal-has-a-duration

Its a fucking multi plat right out of the gate..lol

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Well, I take nothing special for the XB1 owners. Is not like it was a PS4 exclusive or something to being with anyway. For the non XB1 owners I doubt it will move any systems because of the Tomb Raider.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

This is what Xbox owners think when they see cows cry like little bitches over exclusives.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

This is what Xbox owners think when they see cows cry like little bitches over exclusives.

Well a few of you fanboys certainly behave like Lohan on a Bender. Congrats on your self reflection.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Lol@LiLo pic. They get one of the most iconic video gaming character which gave life to the Playstation brand exclusively for the Xbox. Also they get to witness one of the biggest butt hurt from cows for days on end.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#77 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

They get another item on the list of ever-changing list of exclusives and semi-exclusives. ew

mave198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 mave198
Member since 2004 • 7332 Posts

Lemmings get hope their system would be worth a damn........ which would be a lie.

TLHBO

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts
@StormyJoe said:

It has not been announced for PS3/4. The "exclusitivity" could end, and it will just show up on PC. You own personal hopes are not facts.

Just because you're too slow to figure out the PR doublespeak doesn't mean the rest of us have to play dumb.

It's over, but if you want to keep pretending, be my guest. SW loves a guy making an ass of himself because he drank the PR kool aid. Very entertaining.