What difficulty do you normally start with?

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What difficulty do you normally start with? (109 votes)

Very Hard 10%
Hard 22%
Normal 57%
Easy 6%
Very Easy 5%

I used to always play on normal, but now I find myself picking hard mode more and more often. I guess I got skillz with a z. What about, you SW?

• 
bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#101  Edited By bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

Depends on the game really, varies a lot for me. Usually set shooters to hard as I find them easy games in general. RTS games generally normal because I suck (despite it being a favourite genre)... I might set a JRPG that I've heard is particularly grindy to easy even as I'm not into that! I like it when games let you manage difficulty either on the fly or with each level etc. It's nice to have the option.

I would say more often that not I just leave it at the default though and go from there.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Most games hard if they of an incentive of some kind plus it helps the game last longer.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#103 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

I usually start and play most games in hard. It lengthens the game and makes events seem and feel much more important. Harder difficulties than that can seemingly cheapen an experience for me however, because in most case that puts the game at an unreasonable amount of difficulty for the sheer reason of being difficult and not much else.