What did Sony do wrong?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
Actually the Cell is hot that is why they need all the fans.
Socrates88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Socrates88
Member since 2007 • 1655 Posts
[QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"]

PS3 still rocks in my opinion. After all Sony have never let me down before.

mwa

well, they're definitely letting their fans down now

If you a fan of Sony chances are what they doing is not a let down. If you hate Sony chances are you think they are a let down. "Is the glass half full or half empty"
CaptainCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#53 CaptainCrazy
Member since 2002 • 6856 Posts
I have an HDTV but not 1080p but the stupid PS3 won't even run in HD on my TV because its 1080i only so I have 0 reason to buy one at this point.
mwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 mwa
Member since 2003 • 2639 Posts
[QUOTE="mwa"][QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"]

Socrates88

If you a fan of Sony chances are what they doing is not a let down. If you hate Sony chances are you think they are a let down. "Is the glass half full or half empty"

Wrong. If you are a Sony FANBOY then you think Sony is not letting you down, even considering all the bad news they've been giving its fans since launch, because you are blind in your support of the company and its products. Any rational, reasonable person can see that Sony is bungling up its handling of the PS3 right now. If you don't realize that, you are ignoring facts, and that's what fanboys do.

rawbwilsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#55 rawbwilsh
Member since 2003 • 1149 Posts

[QUOTE="PSP107"]no rumble for early adopters.Lilac_Benjie

Someone told me that rumble is last-gen so any game that uses it will feel like playing last-gen games. 

Thats feeding into sony's bull marketing plan. Believe it if you want, but those words are coming straight from sony
youngtongue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 youngtongue
Member since 2006 • 990 Posts

Could somebody list everything that Sony did wrong?

all I know is that they lost the GTA thing, the Devil May Cry 4 thing, Assassins Creed, and Metal Gear Solid 4 is going to Xbox360 but it's timed exclusive like Metal Gear Solid 2 was. Didn't a bunch of PS3 games also score really badly? Which ones where those?

I am still tempted to buy a Playstation 3 though. The thought of the cell CPU is just really cool, and I would also be getting a PC because PS3 runs Linux.

Lilac_Benjie

When did this happen? How come I didn't hear of this...your an example of the majority of the misinformed people about consoles I swear I see this all the time I really just gets me irritated no offense to you.

Socrates88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Socrates88
Member since 2007 • 1655 Posts
[QUOTE="Socrates88"][QUOTE="mwa"][QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"]

mwa

Wrong. If you are a Sony FANBOY then you think Sony is not letting you down, even considering all the bad news they've been giving its fans since launch, because you are blind in your support of the company and its products. Any rational, reasonable person can see that Sony is bungling up its handling of the PS3 right now. If you don't realize that, you are ignoring facts, and that's what fanboys do.

I have a PS3; therefore, I'm not blind. With out a shadow of doubt I'm happy to say I like my PS3. Does that make me a FANBOY( lol at all cap)? Anyways, It obvious those who made the 600 dollar purchase think Sony is on the right path. Those who didn't is skeptical what is Sony doing. The fact that their launch may have not lived up to yours and others expectations doesn't mean we all should agree that the PS3 is a let down. Look at the big picture, Will the PS3 be here for the next 5-10 years? I will have to say yes to that. You right about fanboys ignoring facts. Maybe you should look in the mirror...
Tactis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 Tactis
Member since 2006 • 1568 Posts
$600
mwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 mwa
Member since 2003 • 2639 Posts
[QUOTE="mwa"][QUOTE="Socrates88"][QUOTE="mwa"][QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"]

Socrates88

I have a PS3; therefore, I'm not blind. With out a shadow of doubt I'm happy to say I like my PS3. Does that make me a FANBOY( lol at all cap)? Anyways, It obvious those who made the 600 dollar purchase think Sony is on the right path. Those who didn't is skeptical what is Sony doing. The fact that their launch may have not lived up to yours and others expectations doesn't mean we all should agree that the PS3 is a let down. Look at the big picture, Will the PS3 be here for the next 5-10 years? I will have to say yes to that. You right about fanboys ignoring facts. Maybe you should look in the mirror...

speak for yourself...you're the one who's ignoring the fact that PS3 is a box full of undelivered promises, that Sony is backtracking on their arrogant claims (rumble was "last-gen" at E3, apparently it isn't anymore :roll: ), and that they're bleeding exclusives left and right...if you think there's nothing wrong with that picture, or the glass if "half full" as you say, then you're a blind fanboy and you need to take off the goggles

oh, and i owned a PS2 and Xbox last gen...this gen, i see no reason to shell out $600 for a console who's only advantage over the cheaper alternative (the 360) is bluray, which i have no use for...see, a fanboy will blindly buy a console just because it's from Sony (or MS, or Nintendo)...i'm capable of thinking for myself, unlike some people

nickscho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#60 nickscho
Member since 2005 • 532 Posts
They underestimated both Nintendo and Microsoft, spending way too much money to develop their technology, when gamers are more than satisfied with the other two systems combined. Arrogance, price, and mainly not realizing that if you own both a 360 and a Wii, there is very little incentive to buy a PS3 for $600, very little, if any at all... at launch, and even now.
kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#61 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts
$600
mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

arrogance

the bigger they come, the harder they fall 

DrOleg
user_nat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 user_nat
Member since 2006 • 3130 Posts
Basicly.. They decided to share. Share exclusive games with a console that is cheaper leaving people no reason to buy their console.
venture00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 venture00
Member since 2004 • 1060 Posts
ps3
lvriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 lvriot
Member since 2006 • 57 Posts

1. Lied, lied, and lied some more

2. Forced blue ray down gamers throats causing high console price. 

3. Launched a year later then xbox 360 with an inferior gpu.

I had a PS3 and sold it. Ended up buying a Wii, few games, and 2 extra controllers for the price. If the PS3 comes down in price maybe I'll give it another shot in a few years. For right now, Wii360 FTW! 

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#66 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
wait when did they lose MGS 4. am i missing something.
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts
Price
rwbojorquez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points