What current gen console has the worst library?

• 134 results
#51 Edited by Daious (1125 posts) -

I feel like they are all heavily lacking.

PS4 and Xboxone have almost zero interesting games other than multiplats. They are almost identical in exclusives number and those games just feel like shovelware.

I love how people are trying to justify PS4 or Xboxone when they are both heavily lacking. Gotta love those fanboys.

#52 Edited by Boddicker (2522 posts) -

Sadly I have to agree it's the PS4, but just by a hair. Diablo 3: Ultimate edition is the first worthwhile game released on the console IMO and it's a multiplat.

But that will change in 2015.

#53 Edited by brimmul777 (1139 posts) -

Playstation 4.Crap, just crap.

#54 Posted by charizard1605 (56070 posts) -

Best to worst, in this order:

1. 3DS
  2. Wii U
  3. PS Vita
  4. PS4
  5. Xbox One
#55 Posted by jsmoke03 (12766 posts) -

TIED XB1 AND PS4....

no use trying to make one console have a better library then the other...they share almost the same games in their library

#56 Posted by cainetao11 (16900 posts) -

@blackace said:
@Kjranu said:

I think it is Vita trailed closely by Xbox One.

PS4 for me. Besides a few indie games, there's really nothing else to play on it right now. I actually downloaded the old DC Online game just to have something to play on it. Thankfully D3 just got released for the PS4. so I'll be playing it more when I get home. I actually have been playing my PSVita more then my PS4. If I had a Wii U, I'd be playing that more then those two platforms. I play my XB1 all the time. Just started playing Crimson Dragon.

I recently did as well. It is more enjoyable than I thought it would be, but I am not that far into it.

#57 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

Right now? The PS4.

Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely platform, but all it has right now is inFamous Second Son, The Last of Us Remastered, and some indie games.

I'd much rather play Titanfall and Killer Instinct, but that's me. I really like my fighting games. All of them save the Wii U aren't very impressive right now, though. I mean, I guess we could talk about the Vita, but that's like punching a disabled child in the face, over and over again. It's not the child's fault life's been so unfair to it.

#58 Posted by glez13 (8678 posts) -

Since right now I seem to be unable to create a mental list of every noteworthy game on each console; I have no idea. The only thing I can do right now is to predict that the WiiU will be the one with the worst library.

#59 Posted by Newhopes (4510 posts) -

PS4 currently.

#60 Edited by locopatho (20177 posts) -

The PS4 and Xbone are both pretty similar right now. Both have shared multiplats, last gen ports, indie games, and some poor to meh exclusives, with a couple of good ones.

Xbone has the better exclusives, plus the benefit of Titanfall which PS4 lacks, but PS4 has better multiplat performance and ports (Last Of Us HD is huge, despite being a last gen port).

Roughly even, I'd say.

WiiU has enough good to great exclusives to be the best for now, but it's still not a great library, and will soon be overtaken by the other two once the third parties start bringing more heat.

#61 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7353 posts) -

Funny the best selling console to date is also the console with the weakest library, not by much, but ermagawd.

#62 Edited by lamprey263 (23194 posts) -

Probably the upcoming Chinese console - One Super Polystation Box U or whatever the hell they'll be called, "Polystation 4" is probably a safe bet.

#63 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (685 posts) -
#64 Posted by helwa1988 (2078 posts) -

PS4 and Xbox 1

#65 Posted by aroxx_ab (9280 posts) -

Xbox One or PS4. Hard to say.

If you only get one platform to play on i would say WiiU...Xboner and Ps4 at least have multiplats...

#66 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25600 posts) -

1. 3DS
  2. Wii U
  3. PS Vita
  4. PS4
  5. Xbox One

Looking at total libraries, this is objectively spot on. Well, almost. I think a case can be made for Vita > Wii You.

#67 Edited by Heil68 (43484 posts) -

WiiU

#68 Posted by jake44 (1971 posts) -

X1 for me.

#69 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150355 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

WiiU

Of the three consoles this gen...that currently has the BEST library at this time. Come on duuuude...

#70 Posted by Heil68 (43484 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

WiiU

Of the three consoles this gen...that currently has the BEST library at this time. Come on duuuude...

Not to me personally. Lack of 3rd party support of the games I want to play kills the WiiU for me.

#71 Posted by SecretPolice (21493 posts) -

Current gen Only; by end of year X1 will have the best followed by Wii U with PS4 bringing up the Rear. :P

#72 Edited by LJS9502_basic (150355 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Heil68 said:

WiiU

Not to me personally. Lack of 3rd party support of the games I want to play kills the WiiU for me.

Hence why I say Nintendo is a companion console to one of the other three platforms. But honestly even the third parties don't have much of note out for this gen.

#73 Edited by jg4xchamp (47403 posts) -

Worst library: WiiU

#74 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150355 posts) -

Current gen Only; by end of year X1 will have the best followed by Wii U with PS4 bringing up the Rear. :P

Hmm.....you know the X1 has the most uninteresting exclusives to me.

#75 Posted by SecretPolice (21493 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:

Me not surprised, MS could likely nab Uncharted, GT, and TLOU as their own IP's and I think you would hold the same view. :P

#76 Posted by Heil68 (43484 posts) -
#77 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150355 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@SecretPolice said:

Me not surprised, MS could likely nab Uncharted, GT, and TLOU as their own IP's and I think you would hold the same view. :P

Shooters and racing games are two very uninteresting genres to me. Which MS routinely has. I don't remember any exclusives I had on the 360. I may have some....but nothing comes to mind. So tell me why I would buy a console for what I can get elsewhere with better tech?

#78 Posted by Krelian-co (10406 posts) -
#79 Posted by SecretPolice (21493 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic:

Just messin a lil, you probably know a little of me, Halo & Forza are my favs so it works well for me. Which Sony IP's keep you coming back?

#80 Posted by Lucianu (9352 posts) -

I've never seen two consoles as unappealing as the PS4 and the Xbox One. Their library is a sea of blandness from which roughly 90% i can play on my PC.

At the moment, the only 8th gen console i'm even remotely interested in is the WiiU, because of the exclusives with potential currently available and on the horizon;

• Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Splatoon
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Fatal Frame 5
  • Open world Legend of Zelda
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Mario Kart 8
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
  • The Wonderful 101
  • NSMBU + New Super Luigi U
  • Pikmin 3
  • Super Smash Bros.
  • Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
#81 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150355 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic:

Just messin a lil, you probably know a little of me, Halo & Forza are my favs so it works well for me. Which Sony IP's keep you coming back?

I like ND games....Sucker Punch...Team Ico....Insomniac and we'll see how they do now for MS....just a few real quick. I do have the first two Halo games if that helps you....and might have a Forza around here somewhere. But those genres don't sell consoles to me.

#82 Posted by SecretPolice (21493 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:

@LJS9502_basic:

I like ND games....Sucker Punch...Team Ico....Insomniac and we'll see how they do now for MS....just a few real quick. I do have the first two Halo games if that helps you....and might have a Forza around here somewhere. But those genres don't sell consoles to me.

That's cool, and perhaps they don't sell you but millions are interested in those IP's and umm, I'm waiting to see how well put together SSO is but the game looks like it could be a winner, we shall see. If FH2, SSO & MCC deliver the gaming goods, the X1 will be hard to ignore especially if I can get one at a low price this holiday.

#83 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150355 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@SecretPolice said:

@LJS9502_basic:

That's cool, and perhaps they don't sell you but millions are interested in those IP's and umm, I'm waiting to see how well put together SSO is but the game looks like it could be a winner, we shall see. If FH2, SSO & MCC deliver the gaming goods, the X1 will be hard to ignore especially if I can get one at a low price this holiday.

Dude I have both prior MS consoles. This gen I'm waiting for MS to do something to sell it to me. So far no. The E3 2013 put me off the X1 to be sure.....at least as an initial console. Since I built a gaming PC there is less need for the X1. But if MS can get some quality exclusives then down the line....sure I'll pick one up. After a price reduction and a good library are there. I always like to get all the consoles....MS doesn't seem to be trying this gen though.

#84 Posted by Bishop1310 (989 posts) -

@Kjranu said:

I think it is Vita trailed closely by Xbox One.

PS4's line up was too boring and bare for me at this point, i ended up selling the console. The future for PS4 looks good, but right now it has the worst line up.

#85 Posted by SecretPolice (21493 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic:

I with ya my man, I have yet to by any new console and perhaps a sweet PC is in my future but for now, I'm taking a wait and see. I've got to leave my office now, good taking with ya.

#86 Posted by mems_1224 (46586 posts) -

Right now its probably the PS4. Nothing really all that interesting coming out this year or next year for that system.

#87 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150355 posts) -
#88 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (6990 posts) -

In terms of overall library, the PS4 is a little bit worse than the Xbone and much worse than the Wii U, 3DS, and Vita. In terms of exclusives, everything blows the PS4 out of the water.

#89 Posted by killerdoc83 (10 posts) -

People are not objective, they just look at numbers and that's it,

One of PS4 most sold game is TLOUR an old ps3 game! I had the PS4 since launch and the Xbox One since launch,

My opinion is, if you are looking at exclusive available at moment and in near future Xbox One Wins

After playing Warframe for months I decide to sell my ps4 to one of my friend and put that 400$ straight into

Dance Central Spotlight, Destiny, Shadow of Mordor, Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive, Assassins Creed Unity, Shape Up, Far Cry 4.

ill buy another ps4 next holiday

#90 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150355 posts) -

People are not objective, they just look at numbers and that's it,

One of PS4 most sold game is TLOUR an old ps3 game! I had the PS4 since launch and the Xbox One since launch,

My opinion is, if you are looking at exclusive available at moment and in near future Xbox One Wins

After playing Warframe for months I decide to sell my ps4 to one of my friend and put that 400$ straight into

Dance Central Spotlight, Destiny, Shadow of Mordor, Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive, Assassins Creed Unity, Shape Up, Far Cry 4.

ill buy another ps4 next holiday

Never sell consoles....

#91 Posted by jg4xchamp (47403 posts) -

@Lucianu said:

I've never seen two consoles as unappealing as the PS4 and the Xbox One. Their library is a sea of blandness from which roughly 90% i can play on my PC.

At the moment, the only 8th gen console i'm even remotely interested in is the WiiU, because of the exclusives with potential currently available and on the horizon;

• Hyrule Warriors

You went through all those old PS2/Xbox/Gamecube games

You discovered the excellence that is Ninja Gaiden and Bayonetta, and legit put Dynasty Warriors as a positive thing. Come on, son. BTW indie recommendation for the year given you fancy beat em ups (btw i assume you've gotten some God Hand in to your life, because you should) Aztez: that combat engine is legit.

#92 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17347 posts) -

Vita, hands down.

#93 Edited by OhSnapitz (18111 posts) -

Since you said "current gen".. (not sure why people are listing vita, 3DS, and the 360)

By my standards the XBO.. even though by the end of the year it may well be the PS4.

By SW's standards the PS4.. it STILL doesn't have an AAAE.

#94 Posted by Lucianu (9352 posts) -

@Lucianu said:

• Hyrule Warriors

You discovered the excellence that is Ninja Gaiden and Bayonetta, and legit put Dynasty Warriors as a positive thing. Come on, son. BTW indie recommendation for the year given you fancy beat em ups (btw i assume you've gotten some God Hand in to your life, because you should) Aztez: that combat engine is legit.

Gone back even further these days, on a SNES roll.

Anyway, i don't like Dynasty Warriors, the only one i've played was 4, and that shit got incredibly boring fast. But, i'm keeping an eye out for Hyrule Warrios because i could have never imagined it to happen, it sounds crazy to me. I've got so little free time, and unexpected surprises that have a glimmer of appeal (the zelda universe) to me are more than welcome. If this game turns out to be good, i am definitely adding it to my future WiiU collection.

As for Aztez, yeah combat looks real nice. Might have a go at it, since you're thumbs up about the game.

#95 Posted by charizard1605 (56070 posts) -

Since you said "current gen".. (not sure why people are listing vita, 3DS, and the 360)

By my standards the XBO.. even though by the end of the year it may well be the PS4.

By SW's standards the PS4.. it STILL doesn't have an AAAE.

Because Vita and 3DS are in fact current gen?

@charizard1605 said:

1. 3DS
  2. Wii U
  3. PS Vita
  4. PS4
  5. Xbox One

Looking at total libraries, this is objectively spot on. Well, almost. I think a case can be made for Vita > Wii You.

Well thank you, sir. Yeah, Wii U and Vita may be swappable depending on personal preferences.

#96 Posted by jg4xchamp (47403 posts) -

@Lucianu said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Gone back even further these days, on a SNES roll.

Anyway, i don't like Dynasty Warriors, the only one i've played was 4, and that shit got incredibly boring fast. But, i'm keeping an eye out for Hyrule Warrios because i could have never imagined it to happen, it sounds crazy to me. I've got so little free time, and unexpected surprises that have a glimmer of appeal (the zelda universe) to me are more than welcome. If this game turns out to be good, i am definitely adding it to my future WiiU collection.

As for Aztez, yeah combat looks real nice. Might have a go at it, since you're thumbs up about the game.

I actually interviewed dev, and ended up having to do a lot of homework on them. Their blog is awesome to read if you're into beat-em ups man. http://aztez.com/blog/2014/07/09/common-aztez-art-questions-answered/

The combat break downs for a lot of games is fucking awesome. Good stuff. Highly recommend if you got time to kill and just want to read some ideas a dev has about a genre, and it gives you a better understanding of where he's going with the game they are working on.

#97 Posted by Ribnarak (2294 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

Has to be the PS4. Filled with indie ports and remasters, and the actual original titles it has are complete garbage like Clownzone and Knack.

And what does it have coming for the rest of the year?

Delayclub...

lmao

Coming from somebody that obviously loves his Xbox One which has Ryse, The Fighter Within and Kinect Sports Rivals. I hear they are awesome games with a lot of replay value.

Also hear Xbox One is looking forward to a Halo remaster... awesome.

Sunset ADHDdrive and Flopza Horizons II 360 multiplat looks awesome though.

well played. ouch

#98 Edited by HernandeZzzz (149 posts) -

Xbox One.

#99 Posted by bbkkristian (14945 posts) -

Best to worst: 3DS > Vita > Wii U > Xbone = Ps4.

#100 Posted by charizard1605 (56070 posts) -

1. 3DS
  2. Wii U
  3. PS Vita
  4. PS4
  5. Xbox One

Best to worst: 3DS > Vita > Wii U > Xbone = Ps4.

Look, we (kind of) agree!