What chance you think the XboxOne will flop at launch?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Thecongregation (57 posts) 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: What chance you think the XboxOne will flop at launch? (41 votes)

0% it will be a success! 59%
30% it will be hit hard and start out far behind but it will recover. 12%
57% It will be unable to recover from bad launch but may still succed 2%
71% It will flop hard, and hurt its lifetime sales. but it may not be the last. 10%
87%+ It flop in epic portions, and will eventually be discontinued within a year or so. 5%
100% The Launch will be so bad, that they will either kill it after the holiday and relaunch, or make a new console. 5%
They will drop out the Industry. 0%
They will be the Winners of Next gen. 7%

So what do you think the chances are in % that the Xbox will fail at launch or succeed?

#1 Edited by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

They're gonna be fine.

I think the PS4 is the runaway methylamine train though.

#2 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14472 posts) -

720/1080

realistically, I think we'll see a reverse of roles from this gen. Microsoft isn't going to discontinue the xbox or anything drastic like that, but I think they will lose market share just like Sony did from their bad decisions.

#3 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

720/1080

#4 Posted by mems_1224 (47292 posts) -

Well the PS4 should easily outsell it at launch but overall I dont see there being much difference in sales between the two.

#5 Posted by cainetao11 (17781 posts) -

TC, how do you flop a launch when pre orders are pretty much sold out?

#6 Edited by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -

Only console flopping is the Wii U. X1 will be fine, it just won't beat the PS4 unless Microsoft sudden pulls a Sony which isn't likely.

#7 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25775 posts) -

Higher than its games resolutions lolololololol, nah it'll be fine.

#8 Posted by Thecongregation (57 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

That's happened 3 times before.

#9 Edited by lundy86_4 (43567 posts) -

I wouldn't be surprised if they pull a Sony.

#10 Posted by blackace (20890 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

That's what I'm saying. It's obviously not going to flop. This isn't the PSP Go we're talking about. AS for market shares, it's quite obvious that the Wii U isn't going to be anywhere near the type of sales the original Wii had. So M$ may still maintain their marketshares from last gen or actually grow a bit more. Only time will tell.

#11 Edited by Heil68 (45245 posts) -

PS4 and X1 will be close in numbers leaving the WiiU a far, distant last.

#12 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

MS has already said (long ago) that it's outpacing the 360s launch numbers, so I don't think that'll constitute a flop.

More interested to see how well the systems do 6 months from now. Remember when the Wii U, and Vita sold well in their first month? And where are they now?

Once the wave of "teh hardcorez" gamers has picked up their launch console that's when the true race is on.

#13 Posted by donalbane (16363 posts) -

If you voted anything other than 0%, you have spent too much time in this forum.

#14 Posted by StormyJoe (5497 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

This.

#15 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5176 posts) -

@treedoor said:

MS has already said (long ago) that it's outpacing the 360s launch numbers, so I don't think that'll constitute a flop.

More interested to see how well the systems do 6 months from now. Remember when the Wii U, and Vita sold well in their first month? And where are they now?

Once the wave of "teh hardcorez" gamers has picked up their launch console that's when the true race is on.

Lol wut? Both the Wii U and Vita sold poorly during their first month.

Wii U numbers were lower than the Gamecube, and the Vita flopped in Japan after its first week. ( It dropped down to like 80k in japan its second week, from 200k+ the week before. )

The Vita also did so bad in america, that Sony NEVER released the NA launch milestone numbers.

#16 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3621 posts) -

0. It'll be fine.

#17 Posted by casharmy (6833 posts) -

Seems like a pretty stupid question even for a fanboy question.

How do you quantify "flop"(ing) at launch? Like is there a number or something? I am just curious because enough stupid phrases and terms get thrown around with no way of quantifying what is being said and I do not think we need any more so yeah...

Tell us exactly what you think determines a console "flop"(ing)...at launch. After you answer that I might be able to address the possibility but just for reference, I do not think it will flop.

#18 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (6013 posts) -

probably sell less than the 1st xbox

#19 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

it'll do fine.

#20 Posted by RossRichard (2394 posts) -

It will do fine, but I doubt that it will outsell the PS4.

#21 Posted by dvalo9 (1280 posts) -

It will be fine. Cod will be advertised on Xbox and the moms with bratty mountain dew chugging,dorito crunching brats will buy them one.