What can Nintendo learn from the massive success of PS4?

• 161 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

To always follow the by gamers for gamers mantra.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Don't release games. Morons will buy your system.

Case in point, TC.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#103 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@Shielder7: Woah! You haven't played any Mario games after Mario 64? You should get on that man.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#104  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

How to make a console that developers will actually make games for.

How to make an online store that isn't supremely garbage.

How to make online a functional and worthwhile aspect of your system.

How to build your system on core strengths and market that system accordingly

How important indie games are to a modern gaming library.

How to make an OS that isn't dog shit, and updates that don't take a fucking eternity.

How to make a console that isn't reliant on a fucking gimmick, and actually is the best piece of tech from a console perspective on the market.

How to make a system that will take advantage of studios that have great artists AND those with technical prowess, as opposed to a system a generation behind in terms of horse power.

There are plenty of things Nintendo could learn from Sony. The biggest one though? how about making a fucking system that is actually up to snuff with your competitors where it counts. Something that makes it significantly easier for third parties to make games on your system. A system that isn't dismissed because it's behind the curve on tech, and a system that is developer friendly with excellent tools. No instead we'll get apologies for why Nintendo is "forced" to do something different. Because lord knows we have to make one excuse after another for Nintendo instead of accepting a cold hard truth. Nintendo maybe a fantastic developer when it comes to games, but they make shit consoles.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#105 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

Mario 2 was nothing like the first one. 4 different characters with 4 different abilities. The ability to pick up and throw your enemies was something that did not exist in mario 1. Also Super Mario 2 had a verticality that hasn't really been duplicated since. Not to mention things like the dream world, how to get stronger, and the boss fights were something that was not like mario 1.

LMAO this is great Nintendo Fanboys trying to school me on Mario's history and they're 100% wrong. I mean honestly how bad is your reading comprehension? I even said the US Mario 2 wasn't a real Mario game Since the real Mario 2 was the Lost Levels and Mario 2 US was just a reskin of Doki Doki Panic.

Don't believe me Google it.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

I like video games.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Shielder7

@parkurtommo said:

Look man, why do you think PC gaming is growing so much nowadays?

And selling 8 million consoles in under a years isn't growing?

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#108 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

@parkurtommo said:

Not a huge difference when you compare it to the PS3's first fiscal year.

PC as a gaming platform has grown exponentially, because people are realizing it's the same as (Sony/MS) console gaming but better. Consoles might continue to grow in importance but not at the same rate as PC.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#109 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

They can learn to lie . Anyways , I think Sony should learn something from massive Wii sales .

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

dat butthurt

They do and higher rated to..hahaha

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Every company has a gimmick.

Xbox One's Gimmick was how you can watch TV while Playing a game Kinda like the WiiU. only their's is called Snap Back I think and can actually be used to play stuff in the background, so it's kinda like a Multitask tool if anything.

If I remember Correctly the Gimmick for PS4 was really the Graphics since that's all Gamers care about these days. At least it was the specs because If I remember when the PS4 launched EVERYONE went bat crazy over DDR5 Ram. RAM. Of all things. RAM was the thing to go Bat Crazy over.

WiiU has a Screen on the Controller and that Controller pretty much functions the same as a Dual Shock 4 or Xbox One Controller. AND NINTENDO HAS THE GIMMICK OMG CALL THE POLICE! GET THE PRESIDENT NINTENDO DID A THING!

Lol that didn't make 1% sense at all..

The N64 had better graphics than the PS1,the GC better than the PS2, graphics have always matter,they stopped matter to Nintendo after they went wii.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#111 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@tormentos said:

They do and higher rated to..hahaha

Lol that didn't make 1% sense at all..

The N64 had better graphics than the PS1,the GC better than the PS2, graphics have always matter,they stopped matter to Nintendo after they went wii.

Dude don't pretend the one thing the PS4 has over the WiiU and Xbox One isn't the seer power the console has. It's pretty much all Cows talk about.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

What did Sony learn from Nintendo based on the massive success of the Wii? Not much............

Two totally different scenarios.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#113 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

Nintendo is the most successful gaming company ever. The industry learns from them and copies them.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#114  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@lostrib said:

That you don't need games to sell consoles, just assurances they'll be coming...eventually.

Greatness Awaits

It's in their slogan, after all.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Shielder7

@parkurtommo said:

@Shielder7 said:

@parkurtommo said:

PC as a gaming platform has grown exponentially, because people are realizing it's the same as (Sony/MS) console gaming but better. Consoles might continue to grow in importance but not at the same rate as PC.

WHAT!!!????? PS3 only sold 3.68 million it's first fiscal year, the PS 4 has already doubled that so I don't know WTF you're talking about.

No it's not the same and better is subjective, PCs growth is arbitrated to MOBAS and FTP games the PC gaming that was PC gaming 10 years ago is long dead.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Dude don't pretend the one thing the PS4 has over the WiiU and Xbox One isn't the seer power the console has. It's pretty much all Cows talk about.

Dude with a new generation comes more power,is not a gimmick in any way is natural progression,why would i want a galaxy S5 phone if hardware is the same as the Galaxy S 4.?

Power and better hardware isn't a gimmick is something expected,you always expect the next model to be better and perform better than the last,something Nintendo loss when they went wii,the wii u show how bad people didn't want that the Wii U has some great games people just don't care about them any more.

The whole tablets gimmick just killed Nintendo,$350 for a wii U when the PS3 or 360 were $200 was a joke,and both came with way more storage than the wii u,and $150 more for basically the same graphics but with a gimmick controller.

Power isn't a gimmick MS fell pray to that same thing,they just didn't went ultra low like Nintendo went because they actually would charge more.

@Cloud_imperium said:

They can learn to lie . Anyways , I think Sony should learn something from massive Wii sales .

Really.? I guess the wii didn't learn enough from PS2 even more massive sales.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By LegatoSkyheart

@tormentos said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Dude with a new generation comes more power,is not a gimmick in any way is natural progression,why would i want a galaxy S5 phone if hardware is the same as the Galaxy S 4.?

Power and better hardware isn't a gimmick is something expected,you always expect the next model to be better and perform better than the last,something Nintendo loss when they went wii,the wii u show how bad people didn't want that the Wii U has some great games people just don't care about them any more.

The whole tablets gimmick just killed Nintendo,$350 for a wii U when the PS3 or 360 were $200 was a joke,and both came with way more storage than the wii u,and $150 more for basically the same graphics but with a gimmick controller.

Power isn't a gimmick MS fell pray to that same thing,they just didn't went ultra low like Nintendo went because they actually would charge more.

Dude, Power is a gimmick. You are attracted to that product because of the way the games look. Doesn't matter if the games are actually good or not, It's the matter of fact that THIS system is more powerful than THIS system.

It's the same Gimmick that Nvidia and AMD use for their Graphics Cards. Nvidia will tout that Only THEIR cards can handle PhysX and AMD will tout that their Cards are better for TressFx. But in reality They both can handle pretty the same stuff, in fact PhysX can run on CPUs so you really don't need the Nvidia card.

Power is a Gimmick. Considering you don't really need a whole lot of Power to create a good game. Many games have come and gone proving this. One of such being Minecraft. Another League of Legends. And Lastly Divinity: Original Sin, got an 9.0 here and guess what the minimum requirements that game has? Windows XP SP3? 2 gb of Ram? HD Intel 4000 or a NVIDIA GeForce 8800??? That's a $30 card there! It's cheese!

And you're saying Power ISN'T a Gimmick? I'm done talking.

OH and let's forget that the PS4 has LESS features than what the PS3 offered OUT OF THE BOX. You had to wait nearly a FULL YEAR to get FULL Bluray playback and I don't even know if you could play MP3s right now or not.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#118  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

nothing really other than dont get too caught up with your own success so you can change directions if something fails

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Hopefully they learn to stop making fraking gimmicks

Every company has a gimmick.

Xbox One's Gimmick was how you can watch TV while Playing a game Kinda like the WiiU. only their's is called Snap Back I think and can actually be used to play stuff in the background, so it's kinda like a Multitask tool if anything.

If I remember Correctly the Gimmick for PS4 was really the Graphics since that's all Gamers care about these days. At least it was the specs because If I remember when the PS4 launched EVERYONE went bat crazy over DDR5 Ram. RAM. Of all things. RAM was the thing to go Bat Crazy over.

WiiU has a Screen on the Controller and that Controller pretty much functions the same as a Dual Shock 4 or Xbox One Controller. AND NINTENDO HAS THE GIMMICK OMG CALL THE POLICE! GET THE PRESIDENT NINTENDO DID A THING!

Sorry but those are no where close to being as stupid and gimmicky than Nintendos stupid motion controls and that stupid gaming pad, which forces devs to make games around those stupid fraking gimmicks and when they sell bad (which pretty much they always do) they stop supporting Nintendo.

So fyi take off those Nintendo fanboy knee pads cause what you just said is up there as one of the dumbest things said on this site, I don't even believe you tried to pull off "it's all about the graphics" as a gimmick....

If you woulda said something the the PS eye and or Kinect, now those are gimmicks but you literally just took the two most random things to try and make a point and failed.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#120 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

@-Damien-: so what can Sony learn from Nintendo when it comes to the 3ds? The vita is getting destroyed by the 3ds.

3ds: 44m

Vita: 6-7m

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#121 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

I don't think Nintendo has anything to learn from Sony in the games department. I'll give you the branding point, though.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#122 -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

Geez, sheeps are so defensive. I'm just trying to point what nintendo should do to improve for their own sake

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

@-Damien- said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@-Damien- said:

learn from =/= copy

They surely don't need to learn at least MOST of anything you have said, especially given the currently uninteresting cycle of the PS4.

yes they do. all the things I said are valid points.

uninteresting cycle?! well that just your opinion, the fact is that PS4 is selling like hot cakes; people are buying games on PS4, indie or retails; PS+ subs number is up; so I guess there are millions of happy PS4 customers in just 8 months after release

You can't brag about PS+ numbers being up when it became a requirement to play online.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

@parkurtommo said:

@Shielder7 said:

@parkurtommo said:

WHAT!!!????? PS3 only sold 3.68 million it's first fiscal year, the PS 4 has already doubled that so I don't know WTF you're talking about.

No it's not the same and better is subjective, PCs growth is arbitrated to MOBAS and FTP games the PC gaming that was PC gaming 10 years ago is long dead.

oh Shielder....

Gee... I wonder why more consoles are sold in their first year after 8 friggin years of having to use the same outdated devices?

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#125 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

@parkurtommo said:

@Shielder7 said:

@parkurtommo said:

That's 2 quarters of a fiscal year though. After 4 quarters it sold 5.63M. This was 8 years ago. 8

If you think that's considerable growth, well I don't know what to tell you.

I don't give 2 shits about whether it's due to F2P games or MOBAs, I have nothing against those games. Consoles are growing because of sports games (also on PC), action adventure multiplats (also on PC), FPSs (also on PC), what's the difference if they were to move over to PC? Very little. Where as, moving from WiiU to PC... Well that's stupid. If you like what Nintendo has to offer, you won't trade it off for the generic games that modern western hardware has to offer, there is an actual reason to not game on PC instead of the WiiU.

Like I said, Nintendo is offering something that Sony and MS (who are busy in their dick waving contest) aren't, PC already offers everything that Sony and MS offer sans 1 or 2 exclusives (which are mostly just generic games that have multiplat equals). So why should Nintendo take any advice from Sony (aside from the obvious aspect of marketing tactics)?

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#126 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

that you don't need games to sell a console,just hardware

ratchet_usa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By ratchet_usa
Member since 2005 • 376 Posts

@-Damien- said:

@ratchet_usa said:

How about nintendo learns how to create new AAA Ips from Sony??

Look at the Last Of Us, new IP and it still managed to be one of the best games last gen. with the most awards to any video game in history.

nintendo's best games are wash and rinse of games we have played before ( mario galaxy, smash bros etc.)

The lack of innovation is what killed nintendo.

The Order and Bloodborne will be massive too. Sony is on a roll with their successful new IPs

Every time nintendo tries to make a new IP, they always fail. That is why they have no choice, but to continue to milk the same old franchises that we have played for decades. At least they still have the nostlagia factor on them.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#128 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts
  1. Hype = Good sales
  2. Good games =/= Good sales
g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts
@-Damien- said:

1. Powerful console and please NO GIMMICK

2. Simple and straight forward message to the consumers. For example many consumers thought WiiiU was just an add-on to the Wii in the beginning. Another example, MS fucked up their message with XBONE with TV, sports, DRM, Kinect, etc. Then with all the 180s they did afterward

3. Strong relationship with 3rd party developers. No explanation needed

4. Great and innovative first-party line-up. Although Nintendo is good with their rehash first party line-up, they suck with innovation. Sony consistently produces fresh new IP, TLOU, Bloodborne, The Order, while Nintendo takes advantage of their fanbase nostalgia.

5. Great online service. Sony has caught up big time with their online service since the downing of PSN in 2011. Now even MS is copying many features of PSN for their XBOX Live

6. Please stop being so arrogant, admit their screwed-ups with WiiU and learn from PS4 success

Do all these things and Nintendo will be fine next generation

All of them.
Nintendo fans, are all about sales over games.
This gen, Nintendo is loosing out in both sales, games, developers, next gen engines, and so on, making it redundant.

Wii U was aimed for the casuals, like the Wii. Too bad they turned their backs to it and gone to smartphone/tablets, allowing gamers to game on a more capable machine, PC/PS4/Xbox One.

They wont take risks and loose money like Sony, Microsoft, Developers bigs and small to produce all kinds of games and better.

Next Gen Domination, in under a year.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts
@Cloud_imperium said:

Produce the same old kiddy cartoon games and with dance and fitness games for soccer moms and for the elderly to game on wii play.
The Wii fad is over. The novelty is gone.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

they should just basically make a gaming PC with lots of power easy to program for and throw in a couple gimmicky things Nintendo famous for. they need to get up to snuff with their online too where all your saves and purchase history etc are tied to a gamer-tag, i dropped something on my first wii-u gamepad (it looked fine until it was turned on ,it was spiderwebbed) so i brought it back to wal-mart and upgraded to the deluxe. I had about 80 bucks on my account but it wasn't transferable to my new wii-u all account activity was tied to the gamepad.

they need to try get more 3rd party support , they should make it so their handheld games are playable on the console, advertise better, drop the Wii name altogether ,make a team fortress style game with their iconic characters.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#132  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@g0ddyX said:

@-Damien- said:

2. Simple and straight forward message to the consumers. For example many consumers thought WiiiU was just an add-on to the Wii in the beginning. Another example, MS fucked up their message with XBONE with TV, sports, DRM, Kinect, etc. Then with all the 180s they did afterward

4. Great and innovative first-party line-up. Although Nintendo is good with their rehash first party line-up, they suck with innovation. Sony consistently produces fresh new IP, TLOU, Bloodborne, The Order, while Nintendo takes advantage of their fanbase nostalgia.

5. Great online service. Sony has caught up big time with their online service since the downing of PSN in 2011. Now even MS is copying many features of PSN for their XBOX Live

6. Please stop being so arrogant, admit their screwed-ups with WiiU and learn from PS4 success

All of them.

This gen, Nintendo is loosing out in both sales, games, developers, next gen engines, and so on, making it redundant.

Wii U was aimed for the casuals, like the Wii. Too bad they turned their backs to it and gone to smartphone/tablets, allowing gamers to game on a more capable machine, PC/PS4/Xbox One.

They wont take risks and loose money like Sony, Microsoft, Developers bigs and small to produce all kinds of games and better.

You are probably trolling, but your point about the WiiU being aimed at the casuals is false. This is what the CEO of nintendo said a couple of years ago about aiming for the core with the WiiU.

"If you ask us whether everything Nintendo has done was right or whether we would use the same tactics if the company's policy or strategy remains the same, there are issues to overcome," he admitted.

"For example, the Wii was able to reach a large number of new consumers who had never played games before by bringing hands-on experiences with its Wii Sports and Wii Fit. However, we could not adequately create the situation that such new consumers played games frequently or for long, consistent periods. As a result, we could not sustain a good level of profit.

"Moreover, regrettably, what we prioritized in order to reach out to the new audience was a bit too far from what we prioritized for those who play games as their hobby. Consequently, we presume some people felt that the Wii was not a game system for them or they were not willing to play with the Wii even though some compelling games had been released... Once consumers have a notion that 'this system is not for us,' we have learned that it is extremely difficult to change their perceptions later.

"Therefore, in promoting the Nintendo 3DS and the Wii U, we have announced that we would like 'width' and 'depth' to coexist. With the Nintendo DS and the Wii, the approach of 'width' was well accepted by many people; however, what we did in terms of 'depth' was not satisfactory for some consumers. This time, we would like consumers to be satisfied in both aspects.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/346121/nintendo-plans-to-attract-core-gamers-before-casual-with-wii-u/

There strategy hurt the 3DS a lot while it was one of the factors that also hurt the WiiU. Only a few casual games released for the WiiU during launch. Most of these games were produced by Ubisoft and Nintendo They also said before launch that they would use services like netflix to get the casual audience from what I recall. They did a complete 180 late in 2013.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Well what I got from it are there are a bunch of morons out there.. You bought a system with a weakass launch line up, a library of games dominated by ports of last gen games, no bc.. You couldn't even use the PSone games and arcade games you got on your vita/ps3 at launch.. To me this entire gen thus far has shown how stupid the typical consumer is buying sh!t before it even pans out because they can't wait to buy ports of last gen to play on current gen.. This isn't suggesting the PS4 is a bad console, only that early adopters are idiots.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 super600  Moderator

@ratchet_usa said:

@-Damien- said:

@ratchet_usa said:

How about nintendo learns how to create new AAA Ips from Sony??

Look at the Last Of Us, new IP and it still managed to be one of the best games last gen. with the most awards to any video game in history.

nintendo's best games are wash and rinse of games we have played before ( mario galaxy, smash bros etc.)

The lack of innovation is what killed nintendo.

The Order and Bloodborne will be massive too. Sony is on a roll with their successful new IPs

Every time nintendo tries to make a new IP, they always fail. That is why they have no choice, but to continue to milk the same old franchises that we have played for decades. At least they still have the nostlagia factor on them.

Nintendo has had a lot of successful new IP's in the past like Smash Bros(The first smash game sold around 5 million I think), Pikmin(The first pikmin game I think sold over a million), the Wii series(even though that series is dead on the WiiU), Nintendodogs and etc. Nintendo has some less successful Ip's that they used in the past like Sin and Punishment.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#135  Edited By chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Hard to say really because at the moment whilst the Nintendo fans will say the PS4 has no real quality games Sonys next year looks pretty strong plus they shall be getting games like Assassins Creed,Far Cry and MGS the Nintendo won't.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 super600  Moderator

@ominous_titan said:

they should just basically make a gaming PC with lots of power easy to program for and throw in a couple gimmicky things Nintendo famous for. they need to get up to snuff with their online too where all your saves and purchase history etc are tied to a gamer-tag, i dropped something on my first wii-u gamepad (it looked fine until it was turned on ,it was spiderwebbed) so i brought it back to wal-mart and upgraded to the deluxe. I had about 80 bucks on my account but it wasn't transferable to my new wii-u all account activity was tied to the gamepad.

they need to try get more 3rd party support , they should make it so their handheld games are playable on the console, advertise better, drop the Wii name altogether ,make a team fortress style game with their iconic characters.

Nintendo's audience is a lot more price sensitive. I don't think the audience will buy a console that is more expensive than it should be or a $300+ console in general as shown by the 3ds and the WiiU(to an extent). I highly doubt nintendo's next console will be significantly stronger than either the ps4 or xb1. It may be weaker depending on the price of their next console

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#137  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

@super600 said:

@g0ddyX said:

@-Damien- said:

All of them.

You are probably trolling, but your point about the WiiU being aimed at the casuals is false. This is what the CEO of nintendo said a couple of years ago about aiming for the core with the WiiU.

"If you ask us whether everything Nintendo has done was right or whether we would use the same tactics if the company's policy or strategy remains the same, there are issues to overcome," he admitted.

"For example, the Wii was able to reach a large number of new consumers who had never played games before by bringing hands-on experiences with its Wii Sports and Wii Fit. However, we could not adequately create the situation that such new consumers played games frequently or for long, consistent periods. As a result, we could not sustain a good level of profit.

"Moreover, regrettably, what we prioritized in order to reach out to the new audience was a bit too far from what we prioritized for those who play games as their hobby. Consequently, we presume some people felt that the Wii was not a game system for them or they were not willing to play with the Wii even though some compelling games had been released... Once consumers have a notion that 'this system is not for us,' we have learned that it is extremely difficult to change their perceptions later.

"Therefore, in promoting the Nintendo 3DS and the Wii U, we have announced that we would like 'width' and 'depth' to coexist. With the Nintendo DS and the Wii, the approach of 'width' was well accepted by many people; however, what we did in terms of 'depth' was not satisfactory for some consumers. This time, we would like consumers to be satisfied in both aspects.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/346121/nintendo-plans-to-attract-core-gamers-before-casual-with-wii-u/

There strategy hurt the 3DS a lot while it was one of the factors that also hurt the WiiU. Only a few casual games released for the WiiU during launch. Most of these games were produced by Ubisoft and Nintendo They also said before launch that they would use services like netflix to get the casual audience from what I recall. They did a complete 180 late in 2013.

He's serious, and will not reply when owned in an argument.

To agree that the PS4 has a great and innovative 1st party lineup... Pff!

m64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 m64
Member since 2005 • 272 Posts

Lie , lie and lie some more .. This is what Sony is good at

I don't want Nintendo to learn that ^.^

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 LegatoSkyheart

@Ballroompirate said:

Sorry but those are no where close to being as stupid and gimmicky than Nintendos stupid motion controls and that stupid gaming pad, which forces devs to make games around those stupid fraking gimmicks and when they sell bad (which pretty much they always do) they stop supporting Nintendo.

So fyi take off those Nintendo fanboy knee pads cause what you just said is up there as one of the dumbest things said on this site, I don't even believe you tried to pull off "it's all about the graphics" as a gimmick....

If you woulda said something the the PS eye and or Kinect, now those are gimmicks but you literally just took the two most random things to try and make a point and failed.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo has said that the Gamepad was not required in making their games. There's at least 2 games I can think of in Nintendo's Library that actually prove this. Those 2 are New Super Mario WiiU and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. While NSMWiiU has touch screen controls, the entire game doesn't actually require it. You can play the whole game with a Procontroller. DKCTF turns the gamepad OFF unless you tell it to play on Gamepad mode which really you're not even using it as a touch screen, you're using it as a...screen, a replacement for your TV.

If Developers think they HAVE to use the Touch Pad then they're not even trying. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate has touch screen stuff, but it's nothing to make or break a game, it's just mostly put your lifebar or map on the touchpad. Assassin's Creed does practically nothing, it adds a map and that's about it. I can't think of Anything useful Capcom did with Resident Evil for the Touchpad. I guess the only actual 3rd party to utilize the Gamepad FULLY was really ZombiU.

In short I think the Gamepad is really just a scapegoat for everyone. 3rd Parties would use it as an excuse to not make WiiU games, Fanboys of Sony or Microsoft will say it's a Gimmick, But in reality it's just a regular controller. That has a Touch Screen on it that can be ultimately used as an alternate to your TV screen. Which was the main purpose of the console.

The Gamepad is no where near the same levels of The Wiimote and Nunchuck combo like some of you THINK it is.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@Ballroompirate said:

I'm pretty sure Nintendo has said that the Gamepad was not required in making their games. There's at least 2 games I can think of in Nintendo's Library that actually prove this. Those 2 are New Super Mario WiiU and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. While NSMWiiU has touch screen controls, the entire game doesn't actually require it. You can play the whole game with a Procontroller. DKCTF turns the gamepad OFF unless you tell it to play on Gamepad mode which really you're not even using it as a touch screen, you're using it as a...screen, a replacement for your TV.

If Developers think they HAVE to use the Touch Pad then they're not even trying. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate has touch screen stuff, but it's nothing to make or break a game, it's just mostly put your lifebar or map on the touchpad. Assassin's Creed does practically nothing, it adds a map and that's about it. I can't think of Anything useful Capcom did with Resident Evil for the Touchpad. I guess the only actual 3rd party to utilize the Gamepad FULLY was really ZombiU.

In short I think the Gamepad is really just a scapegoat for everyone. 3rd Parties would use it as an excuse to not make WiiU games, Fanboys of Sony or Microsoft will say it's a Gimmick, But in reality it's just a regular controller. That has a Touch Screen on it that can be ultimately used as an alternate to your TV screen. Which was the main purpose of the console.

The Gamepad is no where near the same levels of The Wiimote and Nunchuck combo like some of you THINK it is.

The gamepad is obnoxious, it pretty much feels like you're playing with a kindle or a ipad with buttons. As for the pro controller, they should have just went with the pro controller as their default controller and put all that money that they spent on the gamepad into something else.

People are not using the gamepad as an escape goat, it's simple, people hate the controller cause it's BULKY. Some games just do not feel right while playing with the gamepad.

Which one do you think feels more comfortable playing with

A
A

B
B

C
C

D
D

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#142 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@-Damien- said:

Geez, sheeps are so defensive. I'm just trying to point what nintendo should do to improve for their own sake

Like you care about what happens to them.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

Nintendo really needs to get a unified online service together and stop tying eShop purchases to consoles. It's an archaic model that is anti-consumer and something that I would have expected to be done away with ten years ago. They're making progress but overall, Nintendo's internect connectivity and digital content infrastructure is a joke.

Another cue they could take from Sony is how they treat independent developers. Nintendo really needs to reevaluate their third party game support and start reaching out to smaller devs if they want to stay relevant in that space.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#144 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@m64 said:

Nintendo doesn't lie? Since when?

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By -Damien-

@Cloud_imperium said:

huh? Why would Sony do that?

Sony had PS2 which makes Wii sale number looks like a piece of shit........... Wii can't even beat PS1 sale

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 -Damien-

@MirkoS77 said:

@m64 said:

Nintendo doesn't lie? Since when?

For the drones, nintendo never lies

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By super600  Moderator

@mikhail said:

Nintendo really needs to get a unified online service together and stop tying eShop purchases to consoles. It's an archaic model that is anti-consumer and something that I would have expected to be done away with ten years ago. They're making progress but overall, Nintendo's internect connectivity and digital content infrastructure is a joke.

Another cue they could take from Sony is how they treat independent developers. Nintendo really needs to reevaluate their third party game support and start reaching out to smaller devs if they want to stay relevant in that space.

They are already doing that and they are also building partnership with some developers and/or publishers and these partnerships have resulted in games like hyrule warriors, bayonetta 2 and the three sonic nintendo exclusives. Third party developers like namco are also helping them develop the new smash bros.I really don't think nintendo wants to attract the bigger third party devs now especially thae ones that would require a complete change in their vision.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By super600  Moderator

@speak_low said:

Nintendo can learn a lot from Sony/MS.

Some user here (I won't name) started whining that people want Nintendo to become Sony/MS, and Nintendo would lose their identity. UM, no. People want Nintendo to smarten up and adopt some of the basic standards of today's industry. If you consider good online infrastructures, wide consumer satisfaction, excellent third-party support, good marketing and strong launches "Sony/MS features", then you've just given Sony/MS the most satisfying, delicious compliments ever, while making Nintendo look even more stupid (suggesting they have failed to even reach these simple, common goals).

Also, those Sheep who always say "Nintendo plays by their OWN rules" and "Nintendo isn't competing with the others" and "Panic-Emergency Nintendo is best Nintendo" are just handing out more useless, empty slogans that mean absolutely nothing. Maybe they brighten up your day and make you feel better, but they are worthless when it comes to results.

Here is "Panic-Emergency Nintendo is best Nintendo", with all that unrestricted freedom of their Blue Ocean strategies. Here, folks, is "Nintendo playing by their OWN rules":

Their next successor and QOL are probably going to have a hell of a time being successful. The Wii U successor will come at the weirdest time (both too late and too early), will be going up against the increasing popularity of PS4/X1, and the successor will be following the same guiding steps of incompetent Iwata, who led them to the Wii U disaster.

We don't know much about the QOL, but if it's going after the health/wellness market, then they could be going up against new adversaries named Google, Samsung or Apple. Nintendo can't even handle Sony/MS, but they want to "leapfrog" and do battle with other megacorps.

And Nintendo can claim they are diving into untapped territory all they want and are not competing with the big companies. They're delusional enough to think megacorps haven't done better research than them on the market for health/wellness products.

Neither the 3ds and the WiiU followed the blue ocean philosophy. Both the 3ds and the WiiU were using tech their competitors were already using and weren't really that innovative in the first place. Both the 3ds and the WiiU were not trying to grab uncontested markets either and tried to grab their competitors markets instead.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#149 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Only one thing: hope and pray your competitors make boneheaded mistakes.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

@AdrianWerner said:

Only one thing: hope and pray your competitors make boneheaded mistakes.

Right On my man, MS benefited big time last gen when it was Sony that screwed the pooch but Nintendo on the other hand caught lightening in a bottle. This biz isn't as predictable as some might think. Sony got lucky simple as that but I don't expect SW cows to like hearing that too much. :P