What can Nintendo learn from the massive success of PS4?

• 161 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SeriousGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 SeriousGaming
Member since 2014 • 91 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@seriousgaming said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

The Best Thing Nintendo could learn is, Don't skimp out on Power. It's really been the bane of their consoles since the Wii.

And the Wii was a success. Nintendo has already learned their lesson with the Wii U.

A success to those Mobile gamers out there now.

Developers saw it as a failure. Most of the big name 3rd party titles were not on Wii.

And despite that, it was still a massive success for Nintendo, unlike the Wii U.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#52 -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

So this is where all the butthurt sheep are hiding....interesting. Good job OP.

thanks mate :-)

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#53 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

At lease Nintendo doesn't make two times the same games, each mario play differently and it is the same for all their franchises. They also also make a different controler to give new creative ideas to the way the games are controlled which it isn't the same for Microsoft or Sony which are more influanced by PC.

Nintendo also make a gaming consol not an all-in-one-wannabe-PC-where-you-can-Watch-tv-go-on-internet-and-play-some-games.

Their eShop work as great as the PSN store on PS3 to me, I must say the eShop for 3ds isn't as great as the PSN for Vita. But otherwise it works great.

Online gaming is flawless on Nintendo which isn't the case on Sony or Microsoft, I played many games online and there is always some lag problem here and there but in Mario Kart 8 you can play with many people from all over the world and it works as well as a single player race.

Nintendo games doesn't suffer from frame rate issue either. There is so many 3rd party games and few first party games that suffer from frame rate so much it makes them barely playable. Bethesda, SquareEnix and QuanticDream games always have frame rate issues.

Saddly it looks like it may be the last gen because Sony and Microsoft are PC right now. Not so long ago consols had very different games than PC but it isn't the case anymore and it became a race to the best graphics but now it cost way to much to make those games and obviously there is no reasons to own those consol when PC can run them way better. Nintendo games are only avalaible on Nintendo consol.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

The hivemind is strong in this one.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#55 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Blabadon: didn't you buy a PS4?

I WILL BAN YOU

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#56 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

Lol the OP made a funny!

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

they need to learn to try and improve their online service. ps3's online network was pretty shit, but it started with ps+ on that and then ps4 quickly evolved into a service able to seriously stack up to XBL. Now Nintendo needs to get their head out of the 90s and do the same cause while couch co-op is fine, they'd be stupid to keep making games with no online functionality of any kind for those of us who don't live too close to our friends we like to play games with anymore.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Don't release games. Morons will buy your system

Says the moron that bought a PS4...

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Hopefully they learn to stop making fraking gimmicks

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

The only thing nintendo needs to do is to improve their online service by looking at what some of their competitors have done to an extent.For everything else nintendo needs to look at what they did on some of their older consoles and handhelds that were successful.I do not think power matters as much as long their consoles are reasonably priced which is what I think nintendo understands by now.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#61 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Hopefully not much, because Nintendo is actually delivering high quality software while Sony is just delivering the promise of it.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

Says new IP' s then lists TLOU a last gen game that got a remake. Holy shit TC is a friggin idiot.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

Make sure your competition screws up... Seriously though. Sony's produced one of their lamest consoles yet with less games than both its competitors and worse policies than its previous products. It's winning because both Nintendo and Microsoft shot themselves in the foot.

In any case Nintendo is the only one making a CONSOLE that plays unique and interesting games, doesn't charge for online, and is 100% backwards compatible. Their first party is also the strongest (focusing on gameplay and level design) and most creative of the big three.

It does suck that Nintendo has no 3rd party. There's no denying that. However, I wish the other two would emulate Nintendo more than anything at this point.

This^

Except for the 3rd party stuff. I prefer to play 3rd party games on PC rather than console so I couldn't care less that Nintendo has little to no 3rd party support.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Nintendo.....learn?

That's a riot. They've demonstrated they're unable to do so, and it's largely why they're in the position they're in today. Nintendo makes it a point to ignore the world outside their own walls. I don't have a problem doing your own thing in business. In fact, I find it commendable. But not at the expense of literally isolating yourself from what the market and competitors are doing, as has been evidenced by such things as that article saying Nintendo had no inkling of what PSN and Live entailed. I have a feeling Iwata and those in management hand out memos to their employees demanding they remain ignorant of the world around them.

Nintendo is exceptionally arrogant. To just say "they don't compete", "don't pay attention to what our competitors are doing", or are in the same market as Sony and MS is nothing but pure, 100% sheer arrogance and pride. They're paying the price for it now. GOOD. Because despite what they think, consumers have more options now and everything competes for their dollar even though Nintendo likes to believe they're their own special little flower that people have no choice but to buy. Nintendo isn't entitled to a place in this industry by default just because of who they are. They need to work for it. Screw them with this attitude, I will never support such breathtakingly arrogant views. IMO, they have largely lost their prestige and are a running joke of the industry in many areas.

Nintendo's NINTENDO. The house of Mario, Link, and Miyamoto. The savior of the industry. Who the hell are those lowly scrubs like Sony and MS to tell them how to do things?

This is (essentially the gist) of their mindset, it's why they do things the way they do, and why they'll choose to go under before ever even considering going third party on those inferior company's offerings. It's why they insist on living in willful ignorance. And man, am I glad to see it getting rightfully hammered. I don't think people really conceptualize how prideful a company Nintendo truly is.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#65 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

^ chance of change will only come when Iwata & co (old people) are gone/retires..unfortunately. :P

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I think nintendo knows the next time around they need to be more thoughtful about the power in their systems, hell the lack of 3rd party has made that abundantly clear.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I think nintendo knows the next time around they need to be more thoughtful about the power in their systems, hell the lack of 3rd party has made that abundantly clear.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Why does Nintendo need to copy Sony? Why can't they be unique and different from Sony?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@superbuuman said:

^ chance of change will only come when Iwata & co (old people) are gone/retires..unfortunately. :P

I would like to believe so, but I find this belief is deeply ingrained into the corporate culture of the company and is a fundamental tenet of how they operate that I think will be passed on down no matter who takes the helm. I don't mean to generalize here, but there's a large element of truth to say that the Japanese are traditionally a very elitist and prideful people. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with that per se, but when it comes to things such as running a business, that can manifest itself in really ugly ways that would be counterproductive. From what I'm seeing, Nintendo's suffering from it.

Exacerbated by their legacy.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

@-Damien-:

I love when people try and give Nintendo advice on what to do to sell consoles. They have sold almost 700 million consoles in their history. They know what they're doing.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Hype people up and say that great things come to those who wait. Oh wait thats what they said about Wii U already, Smash Bros and such is coming. Every generation a console falls behind or takes off to the moon. Nothing has changed. PS4 is running on hype, the hype can't last much longer without getting games out

All Nintendo has to do is not focus on the kids (casuals). Stick with their core fans and give them what they want. We are getting Starfox finally so that is the right 1st step to take. Nintendo's E3 was the 1st big step. It got them off their old track that led them to nowhere and are now on a new track, who's destination is unknown. Now Nintendo has to push the old Wii U train again, and once it picks up steam it should do not to shabby.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@Coco_pierrot said:

At lease Nintendo doesn't make two times the same games, each mario play differently and it is the same for all their franchises.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

Nintendo can learn:

Charging for online play

Delay your games

Depend on 3rd party games

Talk about how you can play pre owned games

There's no drm

No backwards comparability

Offer an overpriced rental system

Don't allow the controller from your previous console to work on your newest console

Lose money hand over fist

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#74 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

@Shielder7:

Mario 1 to Mario 2 and Mario 3 all played very differently then Mario World came out with a 6 boutons controller which changed everything, then they bring out Mario 64 that was very different in 3d and the introduction to analog stick. Mario Sunshine added something with the water gun, then they made New Super Mario that made a come back to 2d and then they made Mario Galaxie with the Wii mote which again changed the way we interact with the game and we are here with Mario 3d World. which is all in the course of 6 consoles.

I think that only SquareEnix with their Final Fantasy have the same concept of making every entry different from the previous

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@Coco_pierrot said:

@Shielder7:

Mario 1 to Mario 2 and Mario 3 all played very differently then Mario World came out with a 6 boutons controller which changed everything, then they bring out Mario 64 that was very different in 3d and the introduction to analog stick. Mario Sunshine added something with the water gun, then they made New Super Mario that made a come back to 2d and then they made Mario Galaxie with the Wii mote which again changed the way we interact with the game and we are here with Mario 3d World. which is all in the course of 6 consoles.

I think that only SquareEnix with their Final Fantasy have the same concept of making every entry different from the previous

Mario 1 and 2 were almost identical, the US Mario 2 technically wasn't even a Mario game. Mario 3 and world were pretty much the same and every game after Mario 64 has been the same.

I'm pretty sure when they make a Mario game they just throw darts blindfolded at a bunch of ideas that have been already used, and any new ideas like cat suits are from whatever developers were looking at at the time. Like the office cat.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#76  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

Why do people add power like it's that easy? If anyone knows Nintendo's history with third party devs, it is NOT because even if they had the power, third parties would STILL avoid them.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

Nintendo has the franchises...all they need is the power...................and to stop with the gimmicky controls.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Nothing, but creating a hype train. You know what they say about hype...

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

Nothing. Absolutely NOTHING.

Knowing Nintendo, they'll NEVER EVER EVER reach out to 3rd party developers, or open up some cohesive dialogue with them.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#80  Edited By bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

@Coco_pierrot said:

@Shielder7:

Mario 1 and 2 were almost identical, the US Mario 2 technically wasn't even a Mario game. Mario 3 and world were pretty much the same and every game after Mario 64 has been the same.

I'm pretty sure when they make a Mario game they just throw darts blindfolded at a bunch of ideas that have been already used, and any new ideas like cat suits are from whatever developers were looking at at the time. Like the office cat.

Mario 2 was nothing like the first one. 4 different characters with 4 different abilities. The ability to pick up and throw your enemies was something that did not exist in mario 1. Also Super Mario 2 had a verticality that hasn't really been duplicated since. Not to mention things like the dream world, how to get stronger, and the boss fights were something that was not like mario 1.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#81 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@FinalFighters: You don't know that

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Make the Wii U developer friendly, marketing, improve online, and 3rd party support/no droughts.

That's about it.

That being said, the PS4 won't be great until next year.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

@Shielder7 said:

Mario 2 was nothing like the first one. 4 different characters with 4 different abilities. The ability to pick up and throw your enemies was something that did not exist in mario 1. Also Super Mario 2 had a verticality that hasn't really been duplicated since. Not to mention things like the dream world, how to get stronger, and the boss fights were something that was not like mario 1.

You're thinking of Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic, where the graphics of Imajin, Mama, Lina, and Papa were changed to Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, and Toad. The real Super Mario 2, which was eventually localized as Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels, looks almost exactly the same as Super Mario Bros. 1.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#84 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

The only thing Nintendo need to learn is how to market (just in general). While MS and Sony are busy spending billions on advertisement, Nintendo doesn't do any of that and it shows in sales. But Ninty really needs to keep going in the direction they're going, because Sony's direction is straight towards a cliff.

nintendo knows how to market to the kids and parents for sure..just not the hardcore. McDontalds had mario kart happy meal toys all last month...

As for your thing about sony... sure the base company needed to trim the fat, and they have done so, PS brand is one of their greatest assets...top selling console != Falling off a cliff..lol

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@Pikminmaniac: you realize @tormentos will be here to point out how ps4 has more total games then x1 or wiiu.

Aren't you suppose to be a unbiased poster.? So why don't you tell him your self that the xbox one has less games.? Is that code inside you that work like the 5th amendment...lol

I don't think it has more games than the Wii U the wii U had 1 year head start,but i am sure it has more than the xbox one,higher rated to...lol

@Pikminmaniac said:

Make sure your competition screws up... Seriously though. Sony's produced one of their lamest consoles yet with less games than both its competitors and worse policies than its previous products. It's winning because both Nintendo and Microsoft shot themselves in the foot.

In any case Nintendo is the only one making a CONSOLE that plays unique and interesting games, doesn't charge for online, and is 100% backwards compatible. Their first party is also the strongest (focusing on gameplay and level design) and most creative of the big three.

It does suck that Nintendo has no 3rd party. There's no denying that. However, I wish the other two would emulate Nintendo more than anything at this point.

By unique you mean the same Mario crap from over 25 years and the same zelda to.? Using a tablets as gimmick.?

Is a + that they don't charge for online play but who in his right mind would pay for online on wii u.? Nintendo is basically behind when it comes to online big time,and while i don't justify paying for online play at all it is a stinking rip off,PSN+ does add value in games.

Backward compatibility is great,but is not like my PS3 stopped working as soon as i bough a PS4.

And 3rd party wise Nintendo is dead basically,it doesn't have the support Nintendo has sucks for endless years in 3rd party relationship,they have since the Nes days,and is one of the biggest reason they loss so many 3rd parties when Sony enter the market,all Nintendo cares about is selling their own game in big quantities and nothing more.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#86  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@tormentos: Dude nobody knows wtf you are talking about.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Nothing. Looks like Sony learned nothing from the Wii either. Tons of consoles sales, no games.

ps4 has more games than xbone. :-/

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@amazonangry said:

@mems_1224 said:

Nothing. Looks like Sony learned nothing from the Wii either. Tons of consoles sales, no games.

ps4 has more games than xbone. :-/

dat butthurt

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@SakusEnvoy: But its still the US version of Mario 2. As far as I know Lost Levels didn't actually join the rest of the Mario Universe outside of Japan until All Stars.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts
@bunchanumbers said:

@SakusEnvoy: But its still the US version of Mario 2. As far as I know Lost Levels didn't actually join the rest of the Mario Universe outside of Japan until All Stars.

Well, be that as it may, I think the discussion started with the comment that "At lease Nintendo doesn't make two times the same games, each mario play differently and it is the same for all their franchises." In Nintendo's true Mario sequel, the only major difference was how far Luigi jumped. They reused pretty much all of the sprites from the first game and introduced no new enemies. Nintendo definitely has made minor tweaks to Mario games before and passed them off as sequels.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17810 Posts

1) keep it simple. something sony learned last gen from both nintendo and their own stupidity with the PS3. this time the message is loud and clear from sony: the PS4 is the new playstation gaming machine. i havent even seen sony boast about its other features in their advertisement for the PS4. people see it and they know this is the NEW playstation.

2) price is not the deciding factor in success. value is. if people dont see value in your product then price is irrelevant (as we have seen with price drops having negligable effects on wiiu sales). people were willing to pay way above the 250 quid asking price the wii at launch because they saw value...they were excited about it. this doesnt mean putting in every feature under the sun (something sony are guilty of...it leads to unnecessary bloat and cost). it means offering something that is of interest to people. a nintendo console with an enhanced wiimote and nunchuck and a good VR headset for 450 quid. that could be more interesting than the wiiu at 300 quid.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#92 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@Midnightshade29 said:

PS brand is one of their greatest assets...top selling console != Falling off a cliff..lol

Look man, why do you think PC gaming is growing so much nowadays? Because the differences between PC and consoles these days is minimal... That's Ms and Sony's fault for trying to compete in the graphics department, as opposed to actually engaging games. That and Steam. The point is, if they continue in this direction they will be entirely glorified PCs, with no redeeming factors whatsoever.

Nintendo seems to understand this, and goes around in it's own world/fanbase/market, which I respect.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 -Damien-

@drummerdave9099 said:

Why does Nintendo need to copy Sony? Why can't they be unique and different from Sony?

learn from =/= copy

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#94 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

The importance of third party support and a good power/price balance. They used to know that, though!

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 nintendoboy16

@-Damien- said:

learn from =/= copy

They surely don't need to learn at least MOST of anything you have said, especially given the currently uninteresting cycle of the PS4.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 -Damien-

@nintendoboy16 said:

@-Damien- said:

learn from =/= copy

They surely don't need to learn at least MOST of anything you have said, especially given the currently uninteresting cycle of the PS4.

yes they do. all the things I said are valid points.

uninteresting cycle?! well that just your opinion, the fact is that PS4 is selling like hot cakes; people are buying games on PS4, indie or retails; PS+ subs number is up; so I guess there are millions of happy PS4 customers in just 8 months after release

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 nintendoboy16

@-Damien- said:

yes they do. all the things I said are valid points.

Yeah, not really, especially coming from number six.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

I think they key to success in the future lies in ensuring third party devs want to develop for you system and ensuring you hardware is very close to the competition. Sony learned this the hard way with the PS3, devs were reluctant to put any effort into making sure games work to their full potential because the tools were not available and the system was just more of a pain in the arse to develop for because the GPU was limiting.

Now if you look at the systems today, the PS4 is clearly the easiest to develop for because they put the effort into making sure the tools and the hardware itself was easier to develop for.

The WiiU as I understand it at least at launch was almost impossible to develop for because the tools were not final, the support from Nintendo to third party devs was not great (I think it was mentioned that the response time for any questions about the tools took weeks), and many companies just went out and made their own tools instead. And the hardware is too weak, even compared to last gen consoles. So third party games ended up being worse than the PS3/360 versions, and many devs didn't even bother. And now the 360/PS3 ports will be drying up... I don't really see much of a future for third party devs.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#99  Edited By hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

To make 1000's of indie games, just build a console thats a little bit stronger and BOOM, sales.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#100 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

Hopefully they learn to stop making fraking gimmicks

Every company has a gimmick.

Xbox One's Gimmick was how you can watch TV while Playing a game Kinda like the WiiU. only their's is called Snap Back I think and can actually be used to play stuff in the background, so it's kinda like a Multitask tool if anything.

If I remember Correctly the Gimmick for PS4 was really the Graphics since that's all Gamers care about these days. At least it was the specs because If I remember when the PS4 launched EVERYONE went bat crazy over DDR5 Ram. RAM. Of all things. RAM was the thing to go Bat Crazy over.

WiiU has a Screen on the Controller and that Controller pretty much functions the same as a Dual Shock 4 or Xbox One Controller. AND NINTENDO HAS THE GIMMICK OMG CALL THE POLICE! GET THE PRESIDENT NINTENDO DID A THING!