What are your expectations for Titanfall 2?

• 16 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

The first game was decent but left a lot to be desired. It felt more like a beta. But I believe the sequel has a lot of potential to expand on everything and make it bigger and better. What's do you guys expect or hope for the sequel?

Also I have another question. I'm just curious if you guys think MS will try to strike a deal to keep TF2 off PS4? I figured since SFV won't be on Xbone, lems want revenge in a big way. And Tomb Raider just won't cut it. A new Tomb Raider game will be long forgotten way before Street Fighter V will be. Just like nobody talks about the last Tomb Raider game that was made anymore.

So it has to be something bigger.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Think I'll pass on Titanfail 2.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I enjoyed the first game and still play it occasionally.. I don't have much expectations for the sequel, hopefully it will offer a decent sp campaign and further improve the mp.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

105 articles plastered all over gamespots front page. Everyone of them; garbage, designed to sell the game.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

MOAR MECHS! MOAR JETPACKS! MOAR BOTS!

Basically, MOAR of everything! :D

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

i expect it to win a colossal number of awards, pre release at places like e3.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

When they make a second one, they need to outdo themselves in every possible way. There is so much they can do with the concept, to not utilize it's full potential would be a huge waste.

EnergyAbsorber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 EnergyAbsorber
Member since 2005 • 5112 Posts

@walloftruth said:

Lol TitanFlop. Didn't know they were planning a second one.

Flop? It got a AAA score here.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Extra butthurt jelly from cows/10

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

Haven't played yet (I think I actually have it on Origin, but I'm not so sure), but I do want a single player in my FPSs

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

to be good?

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

An actual single player campaign. As well as more mechs and deeper mech customization.

GamerNerdTalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 1

#14 GamerNerdTalk
Member since 2011 • 341 Posts

A single player campaign would be a great start.... Plus if the game didn't... Well if the game was good that would be a huge improvement over the first

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

A new graphics engine, an actual single player. Do this and I will be extremely happy.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@walloftruth said:

Flop once, flop twice

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

Better graphics with an actual SP campaign, but other than that just build on the MP... I actually enjoyed Titanfall... Need to get back into it.

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SuddenlyTragic
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

@walloftruth said:

How was it a flop exactly? It scored very well (86 on Metacritic) and was enjoyed by most everyone who actually played it. So many Playstation fanboys love to hate on it for no reason other than the fact that Sony hasn't released a good exclusive (and yes I know that TF is on 360 and PC, but it's all Microsoft so whatever) multiplayer shooter since Socom. I thought Titanfall was badass. My friend and I have logged in more hours in that game than any other online game so far this gen. What better shooters does the PS4 have that isn't on Xbox? Killzone?

I challenge anyone to name a better online shooter to come out this year than Titanfall. Call of Duty Advanced Warfare MAYBE - but that's just because it's Call of Duty with a little bit of Titanfall - a bit faster paced than previous games, double jumping, etc. Halo 5 will also feature thrusters and other aspects that look to be borrowed from Titanfall. Calling it "Titanflop" is just retarded.

As for the question at hand...That's a good question. I was actually just thinking about this recently. I don't how much they can change the gameplay because it was all done so well - extremely fast and fluid, great controls, great maps, balanced gameplay. I guess the main thing I want would be more human players. I didn't mind the bots too much but I think adding more than 12 total human players in the game would definitely be a good idea.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@walloftruth said:

How was it a flop exactly? It scored very well (86 on Metacritic) and was enjoyed by most everyone who actually played it. So many Playstation fanboys love to hate on it for no reason other than the fact that Sony hasn't released a good exclusive (and yes I know that TF is on 360 and PC, but it's all Microsoft so whatever) multiplayer shooter since Socom. I thought Titanfall was badass. My friend and I have logged in more hours in that game than any other online game so far this gen. What better shooters does the PS4 have that isn't on Xbox? Killzone?

I challenge anyone to name a better online shooter to come out this year than Titanfall. Call of Duty Advanced Warfare MAYBE - but that's just because it's Call of Duty with a little bit of Titanfall - a bit faster paced than previous games, double jumping, etc. Halo 5 will also feature thrusters and other aspects that look to be borrowed from Titanfall. Calling it "Titanflop" is just retarded.

As for the question at hand...That's a good question. I was actually just thinking about this recently. I don't how much they can change the gameplay because it was all done so well - extremely fast and fluid, great controls, great maps, balanced gameplay. I guess the main thing I want would be more human players. I didn't mind the bots too much but I think adding more than 12 total human players in the game would definitely be a good idea.

it was a barren wasteland a month after launch, almost everyone who played it liked it... for about a week, then it got stale and repetitive, that's why origin keeps offering free time, to see if at least free players populate the already desolated servers. It can't compete with the juggernauts of the fps genre, aka COD and BF

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

More, just more of everything.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

I'll stick to COD especially after AW is actually fun to play. Expect TF2 to be on the Ps4 though.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50546 Posts

Another boring shooter. Not touching.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

more customization. even though it was a limited game it was still insanely fun and still way better than any other multiplayer game released this year

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44547 Posts

I expect MS to pay off EA for exclusivity again, maybe once more. At least until the market floods with competitive shooters like Battlefield, Rainbow Six, Star Wars: Battlefronts, and has its own exclusives to carry it like another Gears, a Gears collection, more Halo.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

it was a barren wasteland a month after launch, almost everyone who played it liked it... for about a week, then it got stale and repetitive, that's why origin keeps offering free time, to see if at least free players populate the already desolated servers. It can't compete with the juggernauts of the fps genre, aka COD and BF

Plenty of people still playing on XBO last time I played which was about a week ago. Can't comment on the PC community. I agree that it can get repetitive though but thats easily fixed. The issue has always been content because as far as gameplay goes Titanfall is easily among the best this year.

@clr84651 said:

@walloftruth said:

Flop once, flop twice

It scored a 9, it sure as hell wasn't hyped AAAA.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26  Edited By chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Not much, first game was pretty boring.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#27 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

A decent SP campaign. If it doesnt have one then I wont even bother

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#28 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts
@lamprey263 said:

I expect MS to pay off EA for exclusivity again, maybe once more. At least until the market floods with competitive shooters like Battlefield, Rainbow Six, Star Wars: Battlefronts, and has its own exclusives to carry it like another Gears, a Gears collection, more Halo.

If the 1st game wasnt enough to push the X1 ahead, even for a month, of the PS4 I dont think MS will bother spending so much money to secure the rights of the second,. especially when, going by reports, EA actually ended up regreting making the exclusivity deal with MS for the 1st game.

Link

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

titanfall is fun but its missing something. it never captured my interest like halo/gears/bad company. still solid game and for sequel they should just add more content, remove the gimmicks (noob pistol/bots), increase player count etc.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56039 Posts

Just to clarify things here, Respawn Entertainment/EA stated in the past that a new Titanfall game will go multiplatform meaning like Titanfall 2 will come to PS4 so with that said, I enjoy Titanfall game on Xbox One and I expect a Campaign story mode for once.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Multiplatform

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

multiplat and single player only, hopefully. Would be way more fun stomping around in larger maps doing objectives in the mechs.

If multiplat and online only = trash
If Xbone console exclusive and online only = major trash
If Xbone console exclusive and offline only = may be bothered.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Ads on every site, spam from lems if it stays pc/x1/360, lack of content, laughable graphics, gets old in under 5h of playtime. believe the hype.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#34 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

More hype and lots of people falling for it.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@SonySoldier-_- said:

The first game was decent but left a lot to be desired. It felt more like a beta. But I believe the sequel has a lot of potential to expand on everything and make it bigger and better. What's do you guys expect or hope for the sequel?

Also I have another question. I'm just curious if you guys think MS will try to strike a deal to keep TF2 off PS4? I figured since SFV won't be on Xbone, lems want revenge in a big way. And Tomb Raider just won't cut it. A new Tomb Raider game will be long forgotten way before Street Fighter V will be. Just like nobody talks about the last Tomb Raider game that was made anymore.

lol that agenda slipping. Please

Anyway, on topic. TF's foundations are solid, for a modern shooter. The parkour itself is interesting and teh Titans can add to things.

What it needs, imo, is:

- More maps. The obvious part

- More unique games modes. The original ones were the standart fare. And even enw ones, like Last Titan Standing, was justa twist on the normal LMS. Infact, why not include Last Man Standing aswell?

- More customization, for both your pilot and your Titan

- Eitehr include a single player campaign or, better even, had bots, with good fuckign AI, so people can play offline alone.

Put all this, and it'll be a solid enough shooter

CDWJUSTIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 CDWJUSTIN
Member since 2003 • 2078 Posts

It will be on ps4 but I expect it to be actually good on their second try with a single player story also.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

A long compelling great story driven SP campaign with all the bells & whistles and all the sandbox coop. They do that and T2 will be what T1 should have been, bring it on.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#38 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

A long compelling great story driven SP campaign with all the bells & whistles and all the sandbox coop. They do that and T2 will be what T1 should have been, bring it on.

That would be nice, but a cooperative campaign would be even better.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

@donalbane said:

@SecretPolice said:

That would be nice, but a cooperative campaign would be even better.

Perhaps worded wrong but yes indeed, I meant campaign coop included when saying all the sandbox coop. I love coop campaigns and one big reason why I've always been a big fan of Halos.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I expect WAY more content. The core of TF was good but it really felt like an incomplete game.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

That its on PS4 and it wont really be that much different than the first game.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

A single player mode to provide some context.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#43  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@SonySoldier-_- said:

I don't remember people constantly talking about SF recently, either. Especially since there was how many versions of SF4 released?

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

The only way I'm buying it is if it has a 12+ hour single player campaign.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#45 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Don't waste the effort on a campaign, and keep building on the multiplayer which was quite good. More maps, more modes, modes that are unique to Titanfall wouldn't hurt either, more crazy mechs, maybe a restructuring of how the game plays as they could drop the bots for some modes and give you more players.

Like I don't see how a by the numbers single player campaign would add to the experience. The game was built and conceptualized with multiplayer in mind, it was good, now make that multiplayer great.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#46  Edited By hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

Very fun game, they delivered on the gameplay side very well, cows just mad because kill zone is nauseating. However it lacks personality, this could be fixed with a campaign and more content. Titanfall 2 will have a huge chance to make a name for itself if done correctly.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

Titanfall was amazing. FPS of the year imo if we're excluding GTAV's first person. I fully trust they'll handle the challenge of adding onto the game with the sequel -- but things I'd like to see include more Titan customization, and more vehicles than simply Titans.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@clr84651 said:

@walloftruth said:

Flop once, flop twice

You cows sure don't know what a flop is. Here's a hint...TLOU = flop

Cows are still crying about this one

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

It has potential. Titanfall 2 could be closer to what Titanfall should have been, though I don't think it will ever reach the heights it was expected to. Titanfall 2 just has to build on the strong foundation of the original.

• Single player campaign with optional co-op and fun missions
  • New graphics
  • Remove the bots and up the player count
  • Way more content in general:
  • More maps
  • Co-op survival mode (which I believe they patched into the original)
  • More modes (they can go crazy with them and make modes unique to Titanfall, be creative)
  • More mechs and vehicles
  • More progression and customization

They really just need to give people things to do and reasons to keep playing the game.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

Wait, when was this announced?