What are your E3 predictions? Who will win?

• 112 results
#1 Edited by SolidGame_basic (16010 posts) -

I don't think there will be a clear winner. I think there will be a lot of announcements, but nothing particularly exciting for this year. Everything will be about next year. So I will keep my expectations low.

1. Zelda Wii U gameplay footage, but won't come out this year

2. Hyrule Warriors will get a release date (this fall)

3. The Order: 1886 will get a release date (this fall)

4. Vita and memory cards will get a price drop

5. 3DS XL will get a slim update

#2 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

1. The Last Guardian will be shown for PS4

2. MS' conference will underwhelm and lack any real megaton

3. Metroid Prime 4 will be announced

#3 Edited by drekula2 (1880 posts) -

I have no idea who will win to be honest. I'm saying Nintendo has an uphill battle and I hope they can catch up.

Prediction. A new IP that will amaze people more than Mass Effect and Portal combined.

#4 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8675 posts) -

I think when all is said and done, gamers will be the real winners. All three seem poised to have a fantastic presence at E3, and that makes me happy. The more reasons to spend money on my favorite hobby, the better.

#5 Posted by freedomfreak (38144 posts) -

It seems like everyone has got some cool stuff planned for E3. I'm pretty excited for it.

#6 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25415 posts) -

1. TLG releasing for PS4 this Q4 http://i.imgur.com/S0IYRKj.png

2. Gears of War 4 trailer.

3. Crash, Advance Wars, Syphon Filter and other hibernating franchises will not be making a return.

4. Beast's/Demon's Souls 2 announced for next year.

5. 7th gen console price cuts to $200 and below. No Vita/3DS/PS4/WiiU price cuts.

#7 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3164 posts) -

Squeenix will announce Tomb Raider 2 (with a new writer and more like classic Tomb Raider), new Hitman (with Blood Money gameplay) and Just Cause 3 and win E3.

#8 Posted by drekula2 (1880 posts) -

I think when all is said and done, gamers will be the real winners. All three seem poised to have a fantastic presence at E3, and that makes me happy. The more reasons to spend money on my favorite hobby, the better.

your post is too respectful for system wars.

#9 Edited by SolidGame_basic (16010 posts) -

1. TLG releasing for PS4 this Q4

3. Crash, Advance Wars, Syphon Filter and other hibernating franchises will not be making a return.

5. 7th gen console price cuts to $200 and below. No Vita/3DS/PS4/WiiU price cuts.

damn, number 1 is pretty bold!

#10 Posted by Aquat1cF1sh (10845 posts) -

This! Seriously, we're the real winners.

Personally I'm looking forward to:

-Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remake footage
-The Evil Within (please don't end up being a shooter, please don't end up being a shooter...)
-Zelda WiiU

#11 Edited by gameofthering (9944 posts) -

I think everybody will do great.

I'm really looking forward to seeing a gameplay trailer for Batman Arkham Knight.

#12 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25415 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim said:

1. TLG releasing for PS4 this Q4

damn, number 1 is pretty bold!

Indeed but I stick by it. We're getting to the point where it's just silly and the game simply has to release at some point. They've had enough time. Even if it's just Japan this year but I don't see why that would be the case.

#13 Edited by LadyBlue (3637 posts) -

List of games that will be revealed

Resident Evil 7

Jade Empire 2

Lost Odyssey 2

The Last Guardian

Mass Effect Remastered trilogy

Majora's Mask themed 3DS XL

Majora's Mask 3D

#14 Edited by lostrib (31461 posts) -

Delay all the games!

#15 Edited by Liquid_ (2240 posts) -

Left 4 Dead 3

Fortnite

Final Fantasy Versus

The Last Guardian

Witcher 3

Resident Evil 7

Any unexpected reboot of an old series

#16 Edited by RR360DD (11414 posts) -

I don't even know.

Its evident cows don't care about games anymore as Sony had no games at E3 2013 and yet cows still think they won.

#17 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11372 posts) -

Ubisoft will win like always.

#18 Edited by hatecalledlove (1232 posts) -

I'm not sure who is going to win, but I know who needs to win.

MS needs to have an amazing conference and showing at E3.

#19 Posted by Vatusus (4223 posts) -

If sony shows Project Beast as a spiritual successor of DS2 then it automatically wins imo

#20 Posted by SolidGame_basic (16010 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

I don't even know.

Its evident cows don't care about games anymore as Sony had no games at E3 2013 and yet cows still think they won.

MS certainly didn't win

#21 Edited by RR360DD (11414 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

@RR360DD said:

I don't even know.

MS certainly didn't win

Never said they did. Yet they still had a far better game showing than Sony...

#22 Posted by Anticlaxx (14 posts) -

Lemmings like to gloat.

So they need all the games they can get to get bragging rights in SW after they have been owned since PS4 launched in both sales and games.

lawl

#23 Edited by Jolt_counter119 (3965 posts) -

I'm looking forward to Zelda wiiU, Kingdom Hearts 3(hopefully), and Final Fantasy VI. So for me I guess Sony, unless Nintendo brings out the surprises. I don't think Microsoft will really have anything, just more Halo/Forza/Gears. But Sunset Overdrive does look pretty cool.

#24 Posted by lostrib (31461 posts) -

@Anticlaxx: wouldn't more games be a good thing ?

#25 Edited by Anticlaxx (14 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Anticlaxx: wouldn't more games be a good thing ?

Not Flop-Lemmings.

They like to gloat and stuff.

XBone will be dead last anyway after nintendo price cuts the Wii U and Sony cuts the price of PS4.

#26 Edited by lostrib (31461 posts) -

@Anticlaxx: Flop-Lemmings? What does that even mean

#27 Edited by osan0 (12535 posts) -

out of the big 3 i think sony is going to win unless nintendo throw a major curve ball (by which i mean a big watchdogs type announcement...no one saw it coming and its debut was awesome). the momentum is certainly behind them and they have yet to deploy any of their big guns. this will also be the year we see the major graphical jump from the PS3/360 to the PS4/X1 and that jump is going to be that bit bigger for the PS4. dont expect anything on the vita front though.

zelda wiiu will be announced but its not going to look like many are hoping it will look (i.e. the tech demo. not going to happen. its still going to look awesome though.). it will also be built with the wiimnote and nunchuck in mind. breaking with tradition nintendo is also going to show games that wont be released for quite some time with a focus on games with the potential to build hype. some games we wont even see until Q4 2015. they know they have to show something.

with the dropping of kinect we may see a renewed focus on games from MS this year. the focus will remain on a few first party titles backed by exclusive and timed exclsuive 3rd party content though. dont expect any major surprises.

overall though i think, and i know it may sound mad, but i think itll be EA that take it this year. they have had a rough 12 months and they really need to reassure gamers that all is well. they will have the new dragon age, battlefield and mass effect on display of course but i suspect they are also going to have a pleasent surprise.

#28 Edited by tonitorsi (8112 posts) -

Depends.

Given the rumors and early Halo reveal, I can see MS putting up a decent fight with a good showing of games this year.

I'm uncertain as to what will Nintendo do. But I firmly believe a neat Smash Bros gameplay demo, a price cut, dropping the tablet controller and new IP's its certainly a way to make a statement & legitimately make this race a challenging one for Sony/MS.

As for Sony, they're in the lead. And got insane momentum, and they gain from this enormously. Anything new they reveal, games wise, will be exploded out of proportion which will benefit them with good gaming / industry press and strong word-of-mouth. The lack of early game reveals has also increased tension. And I'm pretty sure all eyes will unquestionably be on them this E3.

#29 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (12766 posts) -

If beast souls and last guardian are there and show some gameplay, that's any easy question to answer for me.

#30 Edited by tonitorsi (8112 posts) -

If beast souls and last guardian are there and show some gameplay, that's any easy question to answer for me.

Absolutely.

Something tells me Sony has been saving big Bombas for E3.

#31 Posted by Flubbbs (2796 posts) -

if Sony and From Soft offically announce that Project Beast game, then Sony wins by default

#32 Edited by gago-gago (9111 posts) -

I predict Sony will show off a game or two with nice graphics claiming it's not CGI, it won't have concrete release dates, but their fans will just drool over graphics and will wait as long as possible but will continue to get hyped by announcements of announcements of lists.

Microsoft will be dropping bombs.

Nintendo will be in their own world.

#33 Posted by blamix (192 posts) -

@RR360DD: really? You don't know why sony won? Are you really that dumb? Or your just one of those hardcore loyal fanboys?

#34 Edited by Cloud_imperium (1762 posts) -

None . Witcher 3 will be most impressive game of E3 .

#35 Posted by heguain (311 posts) -

Ubisoft will win like always.

Not this time, I'm afraid.

#36 Posted by getyeryayasout (6872 posts) -

I'm expecting a big show from all the big three. MS and Ninty because they have to, Sony because they can't help it.

#37 Posted by AdobeArtist (22735 posts) -

The gamers will win with all the game announcements and coverage.

#38 Edited by jake44 (1901 posts) -

I just want to see Zelda get announced and the PS4 to get some games. Fallout 4 would also be welcomed.

#39 Posted by sailor232 (4259 posts) -

Sony could fart on stage and everyone on gs forums will believe with conviction that they won. There is no need for any discussion as everyone has made up their minds already. Such is the way of the fanboy.

#40 Posted by RR360DD (11414 posts) -

@blamix said:

@RR360DD: really? You don't know why sony won? Are you really that dumb? Or your just one of those hardcore loyal fanboys?

I know exactly why people think Sony won.

I just think its funny that they won with no games. I guess E3 isn't about games anymore.

#41 Edited by Krelian-co (9975 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@RR360DD said:

I don't even know.

MS certainly didn't win

Never said they did. Yet they still had a far better game showing than Sony...

lems are delusional confirmed xD

#42 Edited by aroxx_ab (9120 posts) -

Will be fun to see MS give Sony some free hits at them this year as well :D

#43 Posted by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

Sony had no games at E3 2013

Confirmed for not watching Sony's E3 2013.

#44 Edited by tdkmillsy (1227 posts) -

Sony will be similar to E3, a few games/demos with great graphics, the odd new/remake and a load of indie games for the gamers.

Microsoft will effectively start again, they will do what they should have done at 2013. Explain clearly what the direction is and show that it has a lot to offer. Better leadership will hopefully mean they do it right this time.

Nintendo will announce something big like a replacement - well maybe not.

The winner will be Microsoft because more people will be talking about them in a good way afterwards.

#45 Edited by finalstar2007 (24853 posts) -

Sony will win this E3 easily i mena if the rumor's are true Sony can win just by announcing a new Souls game for the PS4 then there is Last Guardian, a new IP from Guerrilla games, a new IP from the creators of LBP, a new IP from Sony Japan and so on.

Sony is saving for something big

#46 Edited by blamix (192 posts) -

@RR360DD: LOL, sony won because the ps4 is stronger and cheaper. The X1 is expensive and weaker, talking about games the X1 didn't show any intresting exclusives either.

#47 Edited by Krelian-co (9975 posts) -

@blamix said:

@RR360DD: LOL, sony won because the ps4 is stronger and cheaper. The X1 is expensive and weaker, talking about games the X1 didn't show any intresting exclusives either.

well he was hyping teh titanfail as if it was the second coming from jesus so i guess in his delusional mind that's why it won, fast travel to 1 year later and it flopped, didn't manage to sell enough xbones to be relevant and as always lems just hype things out of proportion. Next in line teh directx 12 and teh halo 5!

#48 Edited by B4X (2574 posts) -

With Microsoft breaking Sunset Overdrive, dropping the Price and Releasing the Halo 5 news already. They must have some amazing shit in store.

E3 is going to be interesting to say the least.

Is it a bad thing to like E3 more than the Super Bowl? I'm a major American football fan? E3 >SB for me.

#49 Edited by Netret0120 (1886 posts) -

PS4 Is going to wipe the floor!

#50 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3671 posts) -

Hopefully the core gaming audience will win this E3...