What are YOU thankful for (gaming wise)?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

I'm thankful for Sony pretty much obliterating the competition already with the PS4. Thanks, Sony!

#2 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

haze

thanks sony

#3 Posted by Gue1 (9416 posts) -

@mrintro said:

I'm thankful for Sony pretty much obliterating the competition already with the PS4. Thanks, Sony!

indeed. The domination can't be stopped

#4 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13113 posts) -

I'm thankful for path of exile.

#5 Posted by clyde46 (44010 posts) -

For Steam, for enabling devs to sell games on PC without fear of running the gauntlet of the retail market.

#6 Posted by Heil68 (43244 posts) -

That I have a great job and understanding wife that allows me to buy any platform I want, seeing as how video games can be an expensive hobby.

#7 Posted by charizard1605 (55524 posts) -

I'm thankful for the games themselves: 20 years later, and I am still playing them, still getting enthralled, transported to new worlds, going on adventures I never would have been able to otherwise. I am thankful to the games that let me tell stories, my own stories, games that make me feel like I am a kid again, giddy with the thrill of exploration, saving the world, or scoring a goal, or endangering all visitors in my zoo.

I am just thankful that games exist. After all is said and done, and all the fanboyism trolling is put aside, this hobby means a lot to me, and I am glad that today, more than ever, it is bigger and better than ever before.

#8 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3364 posts) -

That somebody (Nintendo) actually cares about gaming.

#9 Edited by freedomfreak (38717 posts) -

Microtransactions.

#10 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (8695 posts) -

Call of Duty.

#11 Edited by Shewgenja (8334 posts) -

I'm thankful that the Xbox took a nose dive off a building for the world to see right before Steambox came out.

#12 Posted by AvatarMan96 (7323 posts) -

That somebody (Nintendo) actually cares about gaming.

Couldn't agree more.

#13 Edited by FireEmblem_Man (8566 posts) -

I'm not thankful for anything when it comes to games. They're just.... Games..... I'm only thankful for my friends though, that we play online multi-player to keep our friendship alive.

#14 Posted by MasterChiefYolo (35 posts) -

I'm not thankful for anything when it comes to games. They're just.... Games..... I'm only thankful for my friends though, that we play online multi-player to keep our friendship alive.

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you?

#15 Posted by Danyawesomsauce (105 posts) -

Well, my Xbox 360 is only partially broke, so I got that going for me, which is nice........

#16 Edited by PernicioEnigma (5271 posts) -

Frictional Games, CD Projekt Red, Firaxis, Paradox Interactive, Bohemia Interative, and other PC focused devs which make gaming worth a damn for me, otherwise I'd be outta here...

#17 Posted by FinalFighters (1356 posts) -

im thankful for MS releasing a 720p console that cost $500, giving SONY the edge.

#18 Posted by s_h_a_d_o (1280 posts) -

Well, my Xbox 360 is only partially broke, so I got that going for me, which is nice........

So, the Red Ring of Mild Head Cold?

OT: A thriving, Indie movement (to balance out the mediocrity of AAA industry).

#19 Posted by voljin1987 (687 posts) -

Humble Bundle and gog for caring for customers

#20 Edited by Renegade_Fury (17022 posts) -

I'm thankful that all of my systems still work, and that I can continue playing my favorite games.

#21 Edited by Halosball (104 posts) -

Im thankful for Sony being with gamers from the start with the PS4!

Im thankful that Sony is always willing to take risks with all kinds of different games and makes it a point to offer variety in their line ups.

Im thankful for the wonderful, gaming-centric, consumer-friendly Playstation brand!

Im thankful for what Sony created with the PS4 -built by gamers for gamers, 100$ cheaper 50% more powerful etc

Im thankful for my PS4! Still loving my PS4 like I did on the first day!

And most of all,

Im thankful for the Naughty Gods making master piece after master piece for us.

Naughty Dog is the reason why i continue to love to play games!

Im thankful that Sony always allows Naughty Dog to do their thing and make the games they want to make too

Oh and I WILL be really thankful when the PS4 crushes the xbone, and the anti-consumer Microsoft finally gets thrown the fuck outta gaming for good...once and for all.....thats HOW competition works;) That is whats good for competition xbots.

As for not gaming related...

Im thankful to have such a loving caring family..

Im thankful for life....that im alive....

And im thankful that Jesus died on the cross for my sins.

#22 Edited by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

A thriving, Indie movement (to balance out the mediocrity of AAA industry).

I very much agree with this, in particular, the mediocrity of the AAA industry.

You're a kiwi, ain't ya?

#23 Posted by getyeryayasout (7055 posts) -

Master Chief, Naughty Dog, the DS4, and for having the thumb dexterity of a god, I am thankful. Also for wearable, computerized hairpieces. Thank you Sony.

#24 Edited by Halosball (104 posts) -

^ cant believe I forgot about the DS4!

The DS4 is the grestest controller i have ever used

p.s Halo is massively over rated though. Master Chief as a character is generic cliche contrived tripe too.

Destiny does look intriguing to me however..

#25 Posted by s_h_a_d_o (1280 posts) -

I very much agree with this, in particular, the mediocrity of the AAA industry.

You're a kiwi, ain't ya?

Yup

for my sins ;)

#26 Posted by argetlam00 (6573 posts) -

Blizzard for Starcraft, Starcraft 2 and WoW.

#27 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

I'm thankful for cows.

I feel smarter when I am around them.

#28 Edited by slipknot0129 (5484 posts) -

I am thankful that when I say the Xbox One is better than Ps4, it really is. I dont have one but man what would I do to play Killer Instinct. No Ps4 exclusive interests me. Kingdom Hearts 3 is the only one that does.

#29 Posted by Spartan070 (16326 posts) -

The revival of Killer Instinct.

Next: Bloody Roar and Powerstone plz

#30 Posted by Halosball (104 posts) -

^ lol the last 3 posts are from known delusional xbots

#31 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6735 posts) -

Sony

Naughty Gods

Shu (for being such a great leader)

Cerny (for designing the best next gen console)

Hideo Godjima

PolyGods

Sony Godmonica

David Cage and Quantic Gods

Media MoleGods

Guerilla Gods

Fumito UedaGod

God Punch

DualGod 4 (for being the best next gen controller)

#32 Edited by KarateeeChop (4590 posts) -

@treedoor said:

I'm thankful for cows.

I feel smarter when I am around them.

yes

#33 Posted by farrell2k (5712 posts) -

Nintendo.

#34 Posted by nini200 (9467 posts) -

I am thankful that the WiiU has Free online play.

#35 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (8288 posts) -

That we as the human species advanced to the point of being able to make video games in the first place.

#36 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12718 posts) -

@nini200 said:

Shit, you stole mine.

#37 Posted by BlbecekBobecek (2685 posts) -

I'm thankful for Demons Souls. This precious little game from Japan with zero marketing and only a tiny publisher support, rejected by suits, found and appreciated by gamers, literally saved gaming itself.

#38 Posted by _Matt_ (8837 posts) -

I'm thankful I have a working pair of eyes and ears, and 2 hands with fully working fingers and thumbs that let me game.

#39 Posted by sukraj (21902 posts) -

I'm thankful that all of my systems still work, and that I can continue playing my favorite games.

Yes I'm thankful too.

#40 Posted by casharmy (6821 posts) -

I'm thankful for Demons Souls. This precious little game from Japan with zero marketing and only a tiny publisher support, rejected by suits, found and appreciated by gamers, literally saved gaming itself.

Thank you Sony and From Software

#42 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -
#43 Edited by withe1982 (450 posts) -

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. I've driven along Vice City streets with Billy Jean blaring out on the radio. I've emerged out of a vault into the bright sunlight of a nuclear wasteland. I've seen a nuke explode from a helicopter and died in sight of it. I've scaled the towers of Jerusalem and watched the living city below. I've travelled into Mexico on horseback for the sake of my family. I've flew towards the light at the mountain top, sometimes with a friend and other times alone. I've travelled into multiple universes to reclaim my lost daughter. I've fought the walking dead only to succumb at the end. I've defeated reapers and saved the universe. I've travelled across America, protecting a girl and even saw some Giraffes. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

... and for 10 bonus points can you name the games from all the above?

#44 Posted by nini200 (9467 posts) -

@nini200 said:

Shit, you stole mine.

Early Bird gets the worm Lol

#45 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16609 posts) -

That there are still game series that haven't sold out.

Thank you Nintendo, for delivering high quality and not selling out.