What are you THANKFUL about?

• 60 results
#1 Posted by Blabadon (25951 posts) -

I am thankful that you guys here are such great folk most of the time.

I am also thankful that the systems we have today are doing relatively well. I wish the Wii U was doing better but oh well.

#2 Posted by _Matt_ (8868 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

I am thankful that you guys here are such great folk most of the time.

I am also thankful that the systems we have today are doing relatively well. I wish the Wii U was doing better but oh well.

Aww, I think I have a manly tear in my eye.

#3 Edited by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

I'm thankful for the games in march like Titanfall and inFamous. I love killing robots and spray-painting walls - gives my life validity.

#4 Posted by _Matt_ (8868 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

I'm thankful for the games in march like Titanfall and inFamous. I love killing robots and spray-painting walls - gives my life validity.

March has been an amazing month for gamers, something for nearly everyone with Dark Souls 2, InFamous and Titanfall among others.

#5 Posted by bobbetybob (19183 posts) -

I'm thankful they changed the date of thanksgiving to the 1st of April.

#6 Posted by Blabadon (25951 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

PC?

#7 Edited by cainetao11 (16900 posts) -

That choosing between ps4, X1 is the biggest choice I have until November this year. I will get my beloved ps4 when I find you. The store by me that had one on Friday, now doesn't. (I am throwing a tantrum!!!) I own both MS and Sony every gen, so I was psyched to begin another gen of my winning combo, and having money this summer for a PC. Sorry Nintendo, 3ds is all I have time for right now

#8 Posted by _Matt_ (8868 posts) -

I'm thankful they changed the date of thanksgiving to the 1st of April.

Well observed sir, well observed.

#9 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@WadeFan said:

PC?

As in the machine or PC as in politically correct since I mentioned games on opposite platforms?

PC Machine: I don't own one

PC (Politically Correct) - I own both consoles and both above games and like them a lot. I know, weird for SW

#10 Posted by freedomfreak (39211 posts) -

Being American.

#11 Edited by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

I'm thankful for digital sales.

#12 Edited by Blabadon (25951 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

@Blabadon said:

@WadeFan said:

PC?

As in the machine or PC as in politically correct since I mentioned games on opposite platforms?

PC (Politically Correct) - I own both consoles and both above games and like them a lot. I know, weird for SW

Why the fuck would I be talking about a personal computer? Does it look like I'm on a gaming forum?

#13 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4432 posts) -

i'm thankful for steam on linux.

#14 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@WadeFan said:

@Blabadon said:

@WadeFan said:

PC?

Why the fuck would I be talking about a personal computer? Does it look like I'm on a gaming forum?

Obviously, my mistake.

#15 Edited by Demonjoe93 (9526 posts) -

Well, if we're just talking about gaming and not everything in general, I would say I'm thankful for my Wii and PS3.

#16 Posted by Bigboi500 (29352 posts) -

Thankful that I don't have Blab's shitty taste in vidja games.

#17 Edited by Blabadon (25951 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

@Blabadon said:

@WadeFan said:

@Blabadon said:

@WadeFan said:

PC?

Obviously, my mistake.

#GetRichOrDieTryin

#18 Posted by edwardecl (2121 posts) -

I'm thankful I've never been raped by 4 men with mustaches.

#19 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

I can't help that. I had to shave for work the next day

#20 Posted by Blabadon (25951 posts) -

The darker the chocolate, the richer the taste.

#21 Edited by cainetao11 (16900 posts) -

I am thankful I am not Spc Berns. Lost both legs in Afghanistan, but still plays games wherever I tell him great games are. He is my friend/battle buddy. I love you bro, and will see you in july

#22 Edited by clr84651 (5365 posts) -

I'm thankful for the Souls series at the moment. In May in will be the Wolfenstein series.

#23 Posted by cainetao11 (16900 posts) -

@clr84651: I started dark 1 but gave my 360 HDD to my nephew. That's where dark souls is. So I am looking for one on ps3. I'll play two after I finish one.

#24 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

@clr84651: how's the game?

I want to pick it up, but I'm holding out for a possible ps4 version.

#25 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

I'm thankful for not being a lemming. That's one of the best gifts life could give to a gamer.

#26 Posted by getyeryayasout (7179 posts) -

I'm thankful for having the thumbs of a golden Adonis, opening day (Go M's!), the Cohen Bros., and for having more Blab in my life.

#27 Edited by Blabadon (25951 posts) -

I'm thankful for having the thumbs of a golden Adonis, opening day (Go M's!), the Cohen Bros., and for having more Blab in my life.

Aww shucks :')

#28 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13452 posts) -

I'm thankful that I'm such a great guy.

I'm also thankful for Japanese games.

I'm thankful for boobs.

Food is good too.

#29 Posted by bbkkristian (14945 posts) -

Thankful for Monolith Soft and XSEED.

#30 Posted by clr84651 (5365 posts) -

@juarbles said:

I'm thankful for not being a lemming. That's one of the best gifts life could give to a gamer.

Same!

#31 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16678 posts) -

The glorious handheld system that is the 3DS. Amazing platform.

#32 Posted by clr84651 (5365 posts) -

@clr84651: how's the game?

I want to pick it up, but I'm holding out for a possible ps4 version.

Dark Souls 2 is very good. They limit the number of times enemies respawn after you rest at a bonfire. So spend those soul points wisely & don't die a lot where you can't recover your soul. Don't horde lots of points before upgrading each time. Each time you earn enough, I recommend upgrading asap. I am the knight & I've found that Dexterity & strength are the most important to upgrade. Make sure you find all the estus flask upgrades too. One thing I found difficult to understand was how to assign items to the immediate use. They are the 10 empty boxes at the bottom of the weapons screen. You assign them there and then hit down on the D-pad to change and use on the fly.

#34 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4804 posts) -

Nice racks, good food and good smoke.

#35 Posted by mems_1224 (46587 posts) -

im thankful for all these games

holy shit, i still have games from like 6 years ago in my never ending backlog.

#36 Posted by ominous_titan (594 posts) -

Thankful for my kids,my amazing job, my bank acct ,having no worries and being able to anything I want whenever I want. Was pretty happy about ds2 also

#37 Edited by treedoor (7648 posts) -

I just ate a ton of spinach.

I'm pretty thankful for that

#38 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -
@treedoor said:

I just ate a ton of spinach.

I'm pretty thankful for that

Ew if cooked. Otherwise, yum.

#39 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2570 posts) -

I'm glad that I like all the genres in video games , as long as the game is fun . I never said "Eww , that's not my thing" . If the game is good , I always play it , enjoy it and don't miss anything

#40 Posted by kinectthedots (1629 posts) -

That the push for always online DRM and no used games for consoles from MS didn't succeed this gen. I am thankful for all the gamers who protested and voted with dollars to make their point felt.

#41 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

@clr84651: so do enemies die for good or do they respawn after entering a new area or something?

#42 Edited by Heil68 (43487 posts) -

I'm thankful for my wife and kids and a job that affords me many nice things in life.

#43 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6967 posts) -

I'm thankful for Sony and their bounty of amazing exclusives and amazing online service.

#44 Posted by Joedgabe (5110 posts) -

I'm thankful for my girlfriend being so nice to me when i'm annoying and my cranky mother for giving me something to do when i argue with her.

#45 Posted by sts106mat (19042 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

I'm thankful for my wife and kids and a job that affords me many nice things in life.

QFT. Well my wife & son in my case

I am also thankful for Curry, Cups of Tea, Cider, weekends & air travel

PS didn't see you Sunday, it was mothers day here in the UK.

#46 Edited by Heil68 (43487 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

QFT. Well my wife & son in my case

I am also thankful for Curry, Cups of Tea, Cider, weekends & air travel

PS didn't see you Sunday, it was mothers day here in the UK.

awww. I played Saturday around 8pm your time I think. Anyways, we'll hook up. That's usually when I game on the weekends.

Would still love to have you on the podcast. We've had quite a few people on from Europe and we record on the weekend to accommodate the time difference.

#47 Posted by nini200 (9612 posts) -

I'm thankful for Vagina

/Thread

#48 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

Thankful for the banter produced here. It's genuinely relaxing.

#49 Posted by clr84651 (5365 posts) -

@clr84651: so do enemies die for good or do they respawn after entering a new area or something?

Enemies respawn a certain number of times, like 15 times and then stop respawning.

#50 Posted by getyeryayasout (7179 posts) -

Mercenary Kings...thank you Sony.