What are the legit reason to buy Destiny?

• 53 results
#1 Edited by CroidX (1119 posts) -

So what is the game breaking reason to buy this at launch this a huge budget game what can we expect. Its suppose to be some huge MMO right?

Gameplay?

Uniqueness?

Graphics? lol

Halo meets BL2?

Legitimate answer please not something like but it was made by bungie or some crap like that

#2 Edited by BldgIrsh (2593 posts) -

Today must be destiny day on SW.

I guess the reason to buy it is due to no other games are coming out anytime soon.

#3 Edited by GodspellWH (426 posts) -

I can tell you the legit reason why I'm going to buy it in on ebay but you know I'm looking for a starting price of 5 dollars

#4 Posted by mems_1224 (47147 posts) -

ummmm....its probably gonna be fun to play through with friends for about 2 weeks? idk.

#5 Posted by silversix_ (14629 posts) -

Co-op. To me this is the reason.

#6 Posted by GodspellWH (426 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

ummmm....its probably gonna be fun to play through with friends for about 2 weeks? idk.

I bought BL2 to play with my friends and I couldn't even bare two days and this game feels way too much like it and that was from playing the beta.

#7 Edited by BloodyTides (151 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

It looks it would be fun for a few runs with friends than get's boring fast about a week a least that what I felt like from the beta.

#8 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10568 posts) -

@CroidX said:

Its suppose to be some huge MMO right?

Destiny isn't a MMO

The best way to learn about Destiny would be to just take a look at it -- shame you missed both the alpha and beta.

#9 Edited by Bigboi500 (29942 posts) -

Enjoyment.

Fun solo.

Fun with friends.

#10 Edited by Heirren (17093 posts) -

I still don't know what kind of game destiny is. I completely lost interest after all the stage demos. Do you literally just walk around areas with people and shoot things like an FPS World of Warcraft?

#11 Edited by farrell2k (6137 posts) -

It's another scifi shooter. The market is saturated with them. I see no reason to even give it the time of day.

#12 Posted by CroidX (1119 posts) -

@Heirren:

Exactly I assume it was some FPS MMO were your giving a quest and have to kill certain amount of enemies to finish it and get loot like guns from them and repeat something similar than fight a boss at the end. I don't really expect amazing quest or story to be honest.

#13 Posted by Ballroompirate (22924 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

Enjoyment.

Fun solo.

Fun with friends.

Pretty much this, played the beta and loved it.

#14 Edited by TheFadeForever (1771 posts) -

Legit reason? Not really I mean sure I could buy it to play with friends or co op but that doesn't get me interested in the game. This is not really a game you must buy at launch don't believe the hype when there is really nothing to hype about.

Where the suppose innovative gameplay some people were believing it would have? I think many just enjoy but maybe not because it is anything breath taking lol

#15 Edited by SeriousGaming (48 posts) -

To piss off the Wii U supporters begging for it to come to their platform.

#16 Edited by lawlessx (46728 posts) -

an excuse to turn on your next gen console

#17 Edited by hippiesanta (9867 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

the reason I'll skip it

#18 Posted by silversix_ (14629 posts) -

@bloodytides said:

@silversix_ said:

It looks it would be fun for a few runs with friends than get's boring fast about a week a least that what I felt like from the beta.

i felt that in the beta as well but we had absolutely nothing to do in it. Its do one strike over n over n over again or kill underleveled enemies.

#19 Posted by Heirren (17093 posts) -

@CroidX:

Thats why im not interested, unless it is a wave-based shooter in disguise.

#20 Posted by yokofox33 (29699 posts) -

For me: co-op fun with friends and character progression. I love taking a character and unlocking new abilities and items. Seems like a game that will last me years.

#21 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13063 posts) -

@yokofox33

Thats very concerning.

#22 Edited by evildead6789 (7743 posts) -

maybe because it's the only new game available...

#23 Posted by lostrib (37027 posts) -

pretty sure it's not supposed to be an MMO

#24 Posted by Prawephet (307 posts) -

@CroidX: 3 different aiming speeds depending on whether you're running, ads or walking.

Running the same mission with different enemies in the same map over and over and over again.

Bad graphics

3 classes so similar to each other they should only have one class and save people the hassle of picking.

Level cap of 20 when it only took 4 hours(being generous) to hit level 8.

No in game chat or match making options.

Huge barren lifeless maps.

If that doesn't convince you to buy the game, I don't know what will.

#25 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

@CroidX said:

its suppose to be some huge MMO right?

It's neither huge or an mmo.

#26 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (1202 posts) -

Fucking PC mites coming into a thread where they don't belong just to belittle a game they've either never played or don't plan on playing....all in hopes to manipulate one 12 year old into thinking PC gaming is cool.

On topic: B/c it's fun as hell.

#27 Posted by ktseymour (797 posts) -

If you like Halo mixed with Borderlands in an MMO setting then buy it. I wasn't really excited about it, but after watching my wife play it on PS4 for hours on end, I'd say it's a good game. Is there anything to get really excited about? No not really, it's still just another shooter like any other.

#28 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

Fun

#29 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

maybe because it's one of the few games available for PS4 and xone.

#30 Edited by Bigboi500 (29942 posts) -

@prawephet: You're a liar.

#31 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (1202 posts) -

@prawephet said:

@CroidX: 3 different aiming speeds depending on whether you're running, ads or walking.

Running the same mission with different enemies in the same map over and over and over again.

Bad graphics

3 classes so similar to each other they should only have one class and save people the hassle of picking.

Half the shit your straight up lying about.....so god only knows if you're telling the truth about the other half.

#32 Posted by ktseymour (797 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog:

Actually, from what I've seen when watching the wife, and asking her questions about the game he's right about it being too easy to level as the wife said you can reach max cap in the Beta and Alpha in about 3 or 4 hrs. The classes did look fairly similar to me but I didn't really play the game, and I know that there is no in game chat. You can only talk to people in your party .

I can only assume they would change this but if the past says anything about game dev's they probably wont change anything . As far as the graphics i can only assume he's playing the PS3/Xbox version as the PS4 version really does look stellar. Yes that's right, a hard core PC gamer said a PS4 game looks stellar :)

#33 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4433 posts) -

You can't play Halo?

#34 Edited by Doom_HellKnight (12202 posts) -

It's fun. I like fun.

Does it need to be anything else?

#35 Posted by kozzy1234 (35263 posts) -

Very solid controls and gunplay

#36 Posted by foxhound_fox (88402 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

CroidX marked this as the best answer

Unless you buy it on a last-gen console.

#37 Posted by Prawephet (307 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog: What exactly am I lying about? Everything I said is a fact about Destiny. Those are the reasons I cancelled my pre-order.

#38 Posted by APiranhaAteMyVa (2886 posts) -

I haven't played the beta yet, but two reasons; It comes from Bungie who are a decent dev and Paul McCartney did the soundtrack. That will mean that it is likely to have great gameplay and soundtrack, which usually makes a worthwhile game.

#39 Posted by Snugenz (11888 posts) -

Because you want to play it.

#40 Edited by WallofTruth (1686 posts) -

@seriousgaming said:

To piss off the Wii U supporters begging for it to come to their platform.

And don't forget the Hermititus Rex.

#41 Edited by WallofTruth (1686 posts) -
@mr_huggles_dog said:

@prawephet said:

Bad graphics

Half the shit your straight up lying about.....so god only knows if you're telling the truth about the other half.

We have already established that you're a non-gamer so you obviously haven't played Destiny.

#42 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (1202 posts) -

@walloftruth said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

@prawephet said:

Bad graphics

We have already established that you're a non-gamer so you obviously haven't played Destiny.

I hope you're not talking about me.

B/c I played the beta.

#43 Posted by Vatusus (4616 posts) -

It is fun?

Dont know bout u but I enjoyed the beta very much. Still on the fence if I should buy it at full price, especially when I dont have PS+ (I only want to complete the main story)

#44 Edited by Vatusus (4616 posts) -
@lawlessx said:

CroidX marked this as the best answer

that would make sense... if Destiny werent about to release on last gen consoles aswell

#45 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

@walloftruth: We have already established that you're a non-gamer so you obviously haven't played Destiny."

Your balls are big enough to call someone a non gamer, yet you won't show your Steam library?

Rodeo clown confirmed.

#47 Posted by ominous_titan (719 posts) -

everlasting virginity? id go for the fact some ppl like it tho

#48 Edited by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@lostrib said:

pretty sure it's not supposed to be an MMO

They say it's not but all the evidence points to the contrary

#49 Posted by Prawephet (307 posts) -

@Bigboi500: The level cap is 20. After you reach the level 20 cap by standard ranking up you have to find special one time use items to gain another level. Expect these to be handed out during special events(great so I can miss special events while I am at work).

However. I am still correct. The level cap is 20. Without special items you cannot pass level 20.

#50 Posted by wolverine4262 (19333 posts) -

@CroidX:

Why do I need another reason besides it looks like fun?