What Are The Hardest RPG Bosses You have ever faced?

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#101 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQZuidKexBQ

It is said that this is the hardest boss in any video game EVER.

To date, I believe, only a handful of people have beaten it on any difficulty and on the hardest, like, one or two. So the rumors say.

AncientDozer

that's not an RPG boss, but I could vouch for queen larsa being extremely difficult - hardest ever is really debatable. especially when put next to other cave developed shmups.

On original (refer to 5:00)and maniac mode the boss is very easy and 100s of people 1 credit clear the entire game on those difficulties (stock lives = 3).

It's on ultra and god mode that the game is near impossible. It's easily beaten with credit feeding (I've done it a dozen times) but Futari on Ultra is one of the hardest cave developed one loop shmups to 1 credit clear - I'm not sure if anyone in the world has done it, and it's not just because of the boss either. I could also vouch that in Futari black label on god mode that spiritual larsa is arguably more difficult as you have to beat queen larsa to unlock her and the time it takes to kill spiritual larsa is much longer. the whole fight is very difficult in god mode, but spiritual larsa starts at 3:13.

dodonpachi dai-ou-jou white label 2-loop is arguably more difficult (not to mention that H!bachi the true final boss is pretty insane. pink sweets 2-loopis another one to consider.

as for RPG bosses, Lavos was probably the most difficult boss I've encountered. Mainly because I never wanted to craft the resist armor lol

dinuattila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 dinuattila
Member since 2005 • 1355 Posts

The 2 dragons in Neverwinter Nights 2 were a PAIN in the bottom to bring down.

Also the end boss in DA:Awakenings was pretty challenging.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#103 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18249 Posts

Oh, and Velius from FF Tactics, anybody thats played that game knows what I'm talking about.

Ziek-AAT

I had to restart my game for this...boss, this is probably the biggest flaw this game have.

Also, Lavos...yeah, Lavos, CT was my first RPG so i didn't know many things, and he usually killed me with his Ultimate Physical Attack.

And maybe, Ultimecia, she was really hard too.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#104 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14836 Posts
The Apprentice battles in 7th Saga, not even close. Lux can one shot kill you.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#105 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14836 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smDNwbit4H8 Wow, Laser 3...dead Laser 3 dead Laser 3 dead...one shot kills 7th Saga's US version had a bug in which the apprentices (the characters you didn't select) not only level with you, but get a 50% increase in stats. This is because the players stat growth was lowered in the US version. This could mean a near inpossible appentice battle if they have one of the runes.
Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

As someone just metioned the apprentice battles in 7th Saga are enough to make you rage quit very early in the game, glad Produce made the sequel alot more forgiving.

Other than that, Velius from Final Fantasy Tactics is the only other boss that I can remember that Id consider tough. It was a battle I litterally spent the whole game preparing for and still barely beat the guy.

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#107 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts
Just about any boss character I encountered in the Baten Kaitos series (except for the end boss in Origins). There are others that I forgot-___- having a hard time thinking.