What Are The Hardest RPG Bosses You have ever faced?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BillyLee912 (123 posts) -

My hardest RPG bosses would have to be in this order

1. Emerald Weapon-Final Fantasy 7

2. Ruby Weapon-Final Fantasy 7

3. Xenosaga 3 last boss I can't remeber it's name

4.Xenogears last bosses

That is all I can think of right now but I remeber catching so much hell from this bosses. What are you Hardest RPG bosses leave comments please and Happy Gaming!!

#2 Posted by lucfonzy (1834 posts) -
Doc Ock from spiderman 2. ..oh wait
#3 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -
The toaster oven from FF5.
#4 Posted by TheMoreYouOwn (3927 posts) -
I haven't played a lot of rpg's since NES, but probably the first time I went up against Flame Lurker in Demon's Souls. I got pounded.
#5 Posted by fueled-system (6323 posts) -

Fable 2 has the hardest final boss of ANY GAME

#6 Posted by ultraking (6904 posts) -

i agree TC, the weapons in FF7 were brutal. Butim gonna have to go with radec in killzone2

#7 Posted by _Matt_ (9035 posts) -

Maneaters from Demon's Souls. They arnt particularly tough, except you can be knocked off the thin platform with ease and its game over

#8 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -
End boss of Radiata Stories. He did like 1000 damage per hit and I would have had to grind for days to beat him. I just never finished it.
#9 Posted by Seabas989 (10675 posts) -

A couple from Nocturne, Persona 3 and 4 (especially some of the final bosses and optional bosses).

#10 Posted by Dante2710 (63141 posts) -

Fable 2 has the hardest final boss of ANY GAME

fueled-system
Damn it, i was just about to post that :(
#11 Posted by dramaybaz (6020 posts) -
Vashj :P
#12 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12825 posts) -
Trainer Red
#13 Posted by Bad-School-Girl (880 posts) -
Final Fantasy 3s (DS) final boss. Not just the final boss, but all the bosses you must fight before it, die once and redo the whole damn thing. Insane. Took a ton of grinding, finally beat it with a level 70 team of Dragoon, Dark Knight, Ninja, and a Devout.
#14 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (19818 posts) -
Emerald Weapon was tough, Ruby weapon was super easy in my game. For some reason when I played, Cloud dodged every single attack Ruby weapon tried. He took out my other 2 guys with the sandtrap, but Cloud was unstoppable. Just used my 4x attack and the summons till it was game over for him.
#15 Posted by 205212669269561485377169522720 (14458 posts) -

Trainer RedOreoMilkshake

Naa Brock if you picked Charmandar... That **** was impossible!:|:P

#16 Posted by xXl_z3r0_lXx (171 posts) -

valter and caellach from FE8

#17 Posted by TheEroica (14101 posts) -

FF4 (ff2snes) had a boatload of tough bosses... remember the wall? hated that damn boss.

#18 Posted by TehOverkill (754 posts) -

Matador, from Shin Megami Tensei 1. I f***ing hate you, Matador. I f***ing hate you.

#19 Posted by Animal-Mother (26987 posts) -

Demon souls is a boss whom which you must defeat

#20 Posted by Ziek-AAT (717 posts) -

For story-line bosses, Meganada from Digital Devil Saga 2. A royal pain in the ass he was, forced me to grind for 5 hours just to beat him, and I still barely won.

Oh, and Velius from FF Tactics, anybody thats played that game knows what I'm talking about.

#21 Posted by juno84 (1015 posts) -

Some of the bosses in FFXIII required quick reflexes or your entire party could be one shot. Not exactly an RPG, but Crisis Core (hard mode) on PSP was really unforgiving as well. Fail to dodge, or try to dodge an attack that could only be blocked and you'd instantly die. Traditional RPG bosses aren't exactly hard since it usually just comes down to mechanics. You need simply need the right stats, items, and maybe a pinch of luck and you'll be fine. As an example, in FF7, I killed all weapons/bosses with just Cloud and no summons. If I had to pick a more traditional fight, I guess I'll go with Nyx from Persona3 FES. It's such a long fight, and chances are you won't be prepared for it (unless you read up on it first).

#22 Posted by siLVURcross (26106 posts) -

Hmm...a lot of RPG bosses can be beaten with a few tricks up your sleeve.

But, if I were name one, prob Elizabeth.

#23 Posted by Rutzfuz (1202 posts) -

Tate and Liza/Emerald, Steven/Emerald, Red/Gold.

#24 Posted by Yangire (8795 posts) -

Can we count Wizardry 4 as a boss?

#25 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28452 posts) -

Xeromus when I first played it...I was far to low of a level to fight him he obliterated me.

#26 Posted by allthatdown (1228 posts) -

I'v never played any of the oldschool JRPG's so I probably don't even know what a hard boss is, but i found Jon Irenicus(Baldur's Gate 2)pretty difficult...can't remember which difficulty I played on but I could never beat him without a couple of my characters dying.

The dragon on Throne of Baal was pretty tough too.

#27 Posted by PannicAtack (21040 posts) -
Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts?
#28 Posted by clone01 (25047 posts) -

My hardest RPG bosses would have to be in this order

1. Emerald Weapon-Final Fantasy 7

2. Ruby Weapon-Final Fantasy 7

3. Xenosaga 3 last boss I can't remeber it's name

4.Xenogears last bosses

That is all I can think of right now but I remeber catching so much hell from this bosses. What are you Hardest RPG bosses leave comments please and Happy Gaming!!

BillyLee912

Definitely agree with Emerald and Ruby weapon. I also thought the King guy in Demon's Souls was pretty difficult.

#29 Posted by taterfrickintot (2851 posts) -

tz tok jad in runescape.

#30 Posted by chocolate1325 (32595 posts) -

Smithy:Super Mario RPG

Cacklettas Spirit:Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga

Shadow Queen Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door

#31 Posted by gamefree2 (2073 posts) -
Probably the cameo battle in Tales of the Abyss.
#32 Posted by spookykid143 (10393 posts) -

Some of the bosses in FFXIII required quick reflexes or your entire party could be one shot. Not exactly an RPG, but Crisis Core (hard mode) on PSP was really unforgiving as well. Fail to dodge, or try to dodge an attack that could only be blocked and you'd instantly die. Traditional RPG bosses aren't exactly hard since it usually just comes down to mechanics. You need simply need the right stats, items, and maybe a pinch of luck and you'll be fine. As an example, in FF7, I killed all weapons/bosses with just Cloud and no summons. If I had to pick a more traditional fight, I guess I'll go with Nyx from Persona3 FES. It's such a long fight, and chances are you won't be prepared for it (unless you read up on it first).

juno84

God i hated the nyx boss fight dying from one shot is not fun.

#33 Posted by Espada12 (23248 posts) -

Muru from world of warcraft.

#34 Posted by RyuRanVII (4253 posts) -

Probably the Beast of a Thousand Eyes in Wizardry VII: Crusaders of the Dark Savant.

#35 Posted by VideoGameGuy (7695 posts) -
that FF boss that made a cameo in Super Mario RPG, that ws some tough....boss
#36 Posted by blingdada (60 posts) -
i also have to say the final boss of ff3 no matter what level i was he did like 3000 damage and instantly killed me it was so unfair so i sold the game
#37 Posted by ChaltierX (1128 posts) -

Flamelurker from Demon's Souls. Hate that thing. x.x

#38 Posted by Stringerboy (7203 posts) -

That "thing" at the end of FF13. Took me over a week of procrastinating to pluck up the courage to beat it after that god damn instant death move kept owning me.

#39 Posted by 22Toothpicks (11346 posts) -

Velius in Final Fantasy Tactics. The most difficult by a wide margin. Must've died 15 times in that battle D:

#40 Posted by Solid_Sterb (1703 posts) -

Shadow Queen from Paper Mario 2.

Blue Dragon from Demon's Souls.

#41 Posted by Mr_Cumberdale (10188 posts) -
Seymour Flux from FFX. I remember getting very angry I couldn't win.
#42 Posted by Maroxad (8517 posts) -

Pandemonium Warden. That thing is infamous for being hard not just for FFXI players. The only time that thing has been defeated was by exploiting mechanics.

#43 Posted by DJChuy (1813 posts) -

The demi-fiend in Digital Devil Saga. I was so happy when I finally defeated him.

#44 Posted by Deathtransit (3086 posts) -
I've played 3 FFs, and gotten stuck on all 3.
#45 Posted by timmy00 (15360 posts) -

I found Smithy and Culex from Super Mario RPG to be very tough. Well tough as long as you don't have the lazy shell. :P

#46 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25980 posts) -

The Final Boss of Golden Sun: The Lost Age.

#47 Posted by Vaasman (11683 posts) -

The Final Boss of Golden Sun: The Lost Age.

LegatoSkyheart

yawn

Dullahan was way harder.

Anyway my pick is Yogg-Saron.

Also no lights in the darkness when it first came out was insanely difficult to do.

#48 Posted by BillyLee912 (123 posts) -

Emerald Weapon was tough, Ruby weapon was super easy in my game. For some reason when I played, Cloud dodged every single attack Ruby weapon tried. He took out my other 2 guys with the sandtrap, but Cloud was unstoppable. Just used my 4x attack and the summons till it was game over for him.DragonfireXZ95
Emerald Weapon I beat with Cloud doing Ominslash all the time but Ruby I beat with Hades for some reason when you summon him it stuns Ruby Weapon. But Emerald was mad hard for me even after I got the little thing that takes the time off.

#49 Posted by BillyLee912 (123 posts) -

juno84

That's nice my friend I tip my hat off to you for beating the weapons with just Cloud and no summons. I had to almost max out all my characters out just to beat them and I still had trouble

#50 Posted by juno84 (1015 posts) -

[QUOTE="juno84"]

BillyLee912

That's nice my friend I tip my hat off to you for beating the weapons with just Cloud and no summons. I had to almost max out all my characters out just to beat them and I still had trouble

Yeah, kind of interesting thing I discovered. The Double Cut (4x Attack) materia couldn't be paired with HP Absorb. If you paired a Master Command materia with an HP absorb and the Double Cut with another Master Command, you'd steal life for ~4k every turn. Then it's pretty much just a matter of keeping Regen and Big Guard (Enemy Skill) rolling on yourself and you'll kill anything in the game (provided your base stats are high enough).