What are the differences between Armored Core 4 in Ps3 and 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

godhandiscen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 godhandiscen
Member since 2003 • 3454 Posts

The game is coming in March 20. I might buy it, but I dont know for which platfform to get it. I know AC4 has been out since launch for PS3 in Japan, and  the 360 version is newer, but I heard there were tons of differences. Does anybody know for sure what are these differences? I dont want to buy the game twice. Could anybody hook me up with more info?

WildTurkey00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 WildTurkey00
Member since 2005 • 4067 Posts
Why don't you just wait for the reviews to find out?
Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts
Why don't you just wait for the reviews to find out?WildTurkey00
godhandiscen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 godhandiscen
Why don't you just wait for the reviews to find out?WildTurkey00

Because if I they are the same game, then I'll just get the japanese version for PS3, which is already out.
WildTurkey00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WildTurkey00
Member since 2005 • 4067 Posts
I doubt the games will have huge differences.
chrismunx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 chrismunx
Member since 2003 • 3964 Posts
It'll probably turn into a "the lack of rumble in the PS3 version is the only downfall" type of review. Def Jam: Icon had that same treatment I believe with the GI review.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
I doubt the games will have huge differences. WildTurkey00
they even say No differences.. but i doubt that. maybe online stuff...
godhandiscen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 godhandiscen
I doubt the games will have huge differences. WildTurkey00

Normaly, I would assume the same. But since the very beggining, even the trailers for both games were different.
godhandiscen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 godhandiscen

It'll probably turn into a "the lack of rumble in the PS3 version is the only downfall" type of review. Def Jam: Icon had that same treatment I believe with the GI review.chrismunx

That doesnt bother me at all. What I want to know, if one is totally different from the other. Remember E306? The announcement trailers were different.

chrismunx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chrismunx

[QUOTE="chrismunx"]It'll probably turn into a "the lack of rumble in the PS3 version is the only downfall" type of review. Def Jam: Icon had that same treatment I believe with the GI review.godhandiscen

That doesnt bother me at all. What I want to know, if one is totally different from the other. Remember E306? The announcement trailers were different.

Hrm. Good point. That I don't know then.

godhandiscen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 godhandiscen

There is a huge difference... F***K PS3. I so wanna buy a game for it, but there is nothing that appeals to me, and now this? WTF!

The only real difference between the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions, according to the producers, will be the presence of voice chat on the Xbox 360 version.
PS3 owners, it appears, will be silenced. You'll be able to take any mech you have designed with all of the parts you unlock in the offline game into the online arena."
IGN

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/764/764933p1.html

chrismunx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chrismunx

There is a huge difference... F***K PS3. I so wanna buy a game for it, but there is nothing that appeals to me, and now this? WTF!
[quote="IGN"]
The only real difference between the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions, according to the producers, will be the presence of voice chat on the Xbox 360 version.
PS3 owners, it appears, will be silenced. You'll be able to take any mech you have designed with all of the parts you unlock in the offline game into the online arena."
godhandiscen

Maybe some rather not have voice chat going on. It's not like it's a game where you need to voice chat, ala Gears of War. Who knows though. Be interesting to see what reviewers say.

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 danneswegman
[QUOTE="godhandiscen"]

[quote="IGN"]
chrismunx

Maybe some rather not have voice chat going on. It's not like it's a game where you need to voice chat, ala Gears of War. Who knows though. Be interesting to see what reviewers say.

well, voice chat usually results in sad frustrated boys screaming like girls and saying rascist and sexual stuff they normaly haven't got the guts for...
godhandiscen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 godhandiscen
[QUOTE="chrismunx"][QUOTE="godhandiscen"]

[quote="IGN"]
danneswegman

well, voice chat usually results in sad frustrated boys screaming like girls and saying rascist and sexual stuff they normaly haven't got the guts for...

Thats true, but not 100% of the time. 1 out of 10 times, the chattering is enjoyable, but yeah, it mostly sux.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 danneswegman
[QUOTE="danneswegman"][QUOTE="chrismunx"][QUOTE="godhandiscen"]

[quote="IGN"]
godhandiscen

Thats true, but not 100% of the time. 1 out of 10 times, the chattering is enjoyable, but yeah, it mostly sux.

i do really like th potential, to bad some idiots have to ruin it for others.. but those insecure basterds will always be around.
RocKtheCasbaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#16 RocKtheCasbaH
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts

I heard the games are indentical apart from the PS3 version not having head-set support.

So if you're not bothered about talking to your friends, get the PS3 version. Personally, I'm not sure how it will play out without head sets as it's supposed to be quite strategic. + there's the social angle. Depends how quick you want it I suppose.