What are some of your gaming regrets?

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#101 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Only thing I can think of is actually selling games for shitty money to gamestop back in the day, even if I did like the game. I guess I sold a games if I figured I probably wouldn't end up wanting to play them again. Of course there have been a few occasions where I actually did want to play a game again, but then remembered that i sold it off.

Don't really sell games away for that reason now. Unless maybe I have a rare game that builds up some real value over time or something (Wii copy of Xenoblade maybe?)

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#102  Edited By EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

The latest, BF4.

Last I've heard the game is still being fixed and people are still "GJing" DICE for their "hard work", "keep on it" LOL

Yeah perhaps next year we'll have some progress, fucking morons.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#103 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

Buying the ps4 watch dogs bundle. Mediocre game on an overhyped console. Haven't played either in months and watch dogs came out 4 months ago.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#104 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Not buying a 3DS earlier

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#105  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Buying Beyond: Two Souls on day 1, that game was shit. Money wasted.

But other than that.... I've made great purchase choices (as well as holding off in buying a game) all of last gen.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#106 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I bought the Turbographx 16 CD ROM way back in 1990 for a wopping $700.00 While the ability to play videogames on CD was awesome at the time. The amount of CD games released were very few. Thus not making the purchase totally worth it. At least I got to experience gaming with a CD Rom when that was a huge deal. But there were no games for the CD ROM attachment.

I only had 3 CD games for it. Since they were no released as often. I had 33 games in total but only 3 CD ROM games. No where near the cost of the CD ROM player. Even though it was a big deal way back then.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I bought Spore at launch.

WhiteDesert89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 WhiteDesert89
Member since 2007 • 691 Posts

Bought a pre-built 'gaming pc' from a computer shop when i was clueless on pc gaming. Realised about a half year later I got ripped off :(

Avatar image for Simulator_Shock
Simulator_Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#109  Edited By Simulator_Shock
Member since 2006 • 1698 Posts

My gaming regrets (in no particular order)

Buying Dead Rising for $20 when it was such a pathetic excuse for a zombie game. I was so pissed off that I actually smashed the disc with a hammer and not a single **** was given.

Letting my dumbass friends talk me into buying COD4 even tho it was a game that I had zero interest in but I only bought it since all of us wanted a game we could all play on Xbox Live together. I even bought the "special edition" with extra map packs and crap for $70, but the really lame thing is I never even played the game with my friends...

Letting some moron at Gamestop talk me into buying RE4 for the Wii because he said it was the "best version", even though I already had the game on Gamecube/PS2. I got home and played it for 5 minutes before I realized the Wii controls sucked ass and I took it right back to Gamestop the next day and got my money back, even though I had to argue with the clerk for like 10 minutes because they didn't accept returns on opened new games.

Buying a third Xbox 360 after my second one shit the bed on me, when I really wanted to buy a PS3 at that point but I still had some gaming buddies on Xbox Live... I ended up selling my 360 with all my games to some guy on craigslist a few years later so that all worked out in the end.

Preordering Beyond: Two Souls for $60 when it was such a POS game, which was a damn shame too because I totally loved Heavy Rain.

I don't really regret preordering Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes but I do regret paying $30 for it since it felt more like a $10 game at the most. Coincidentally I haven't preordered a game since then, so take from that what you will.

Trading in a bunch of my 360 games at Gamestop even tho I knew I would get completely ripped off but I didn't care since I just wanted to get rid of that stuff really fast and didn't feel like waiting for someone to buy them on craigslist/ebay.

But the thing I regret the most was spending more time playing Guitar Hero/Rock Band instead of playing my real guitar... I really think I need to get some new hobbies.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

Pokemon X+ 2DS. Was ready for a nostalgia trip, ended up with the most boring game I've ever played.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Playing FF13 and expecting a game.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#113  Edited By TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Buying Fallout NV on launch without Internet right at the time. Broken as ****!! Buying Zelda SS one of the worst regrets in the series other than ST for the DS. At the time, I didn't think Ninty could **** up Zelda....I was wrong.

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#114  Edited By coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Preordering Battlefield 4. I wish I could've waited.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#115 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

Buying an xbone, there is simply no reason to if you own a pc, is just a poor man's pc.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#116 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5245 Posts

@Simulator_Shock: why did you bump a four-month old thread?

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

My biggest regret is supporting anything Sony related.

I wish I had known 10 years ago that I was supporting a company who is single-handedly trying to destroy gaming with paid digital rentals and streaming services. I don't want that shit to take over my favorite hobby.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#118 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Old thread is old.

But I'd say my biggest gaming regret is when I first played Final Fantasy VII and I gave Cloud my name and named Aerith after the girl I had a crush on. It maeks me cry erry tiem.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

I regret not getting into certain games on older consoles.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#120 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

1) Sold my SNES + games

2) Didn't get Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes (Gamecube) when I saw it..then later it was gone.

3) Bought Super Mario Sunshit (GameCube)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#121 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Don't bump a thread that has been inactive for more than thirty days, please.