What are happening to the split screen console games?

• 60 results
#51 Posted by wolverine4262 (20112 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu:

Why are you telling me this? Thats all you do on this board anyway. You have your dumb opinions that you continue to treat as facts.

Maybe I would like to be able to play with my friend locally, but that is literally never going to happen, so I will never get to play games like Super Mario 3D World with him. And yeah, id rather play with him online than anyone locally.

#52 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18324 posts) -

@wolverine4262

I think the much larger issue is why you are so adament about refusing to play with literally anybody else.... Don't you have anybody else in your life ?

#53 Posted by wolverine4262 (20112 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu:

Yeah, thats not what said. Im done here.

#54 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18324 posts) -

@wolverine4262

Oh thats nothing.... Imagine what this interaction would be like if you and I were in the same room. :D

#55 Posted by AcidTango (750 posts) -

Split Screen gameplay is dead for Microsoft and Sony. Only Nintendo does that still. Microsoft and Sony want to only focus on online multiplayer.

#56 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18324 posts) -

I think the thing thats got me the most upset is Nintendo admitted they don't have any plans to work on two gamepad games..... They wana sell more units 1st before they even consider that.

#57 Posted by MrGeezer (57022 posts) -

@Maddie_Larkin said:

local Coop is a Nintendo exclusive now ;)

ok bad joke but might aswell be true. My guess that it is partly the net, partly the amount of raw power needed to run modern games, and everyone WHO wants to play have to go buy a copy of said game each that is the issue. (Props for FC4 if it really is true what they said at e3, might be a good compromise :) )

There you go.

Some of my best gaming memories involve me and a few buddies getting some beers and playing Goldeneye 64 deathmatch. Those days are never coming back, because it involved four guys playing off of a single copy of the game.

Of course, I'm not complaining too much since online gameplay has its advantages. But you know, it would still be nice to have the option of split-screen.

#58 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18324 posts) -

@MrGeezer

Remember the old rumors about the Kinect counting the number of people watching a movie on Netflix and pausing the movie to ask if you agree to the higher cost to let you and your friends watch the movie ?

#59 Edited by MrGeezer (57022 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@MrGeezer

Remember the old rumors about the Kinect counting the number of people watching a movie on Netflix and pausing the movie to ask if you agree to the higher cost to let you and your friends watch the movie ?

Yeah, that was silly. I don't doubt that the entertainment would love for that to eventually be a reality, but that's just going way too far. No company has the balls to try that at this point in time, the backlash would be truly epic.

#60 Posted by MrYaotubo (2798 posts) -

Split screen is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and online MP gives the developer several more avenues of income than any offline "couch" MP game can,that´s why it´s on its way out. Last gen was the confirmation of that trend,this gen it will be the death of it aside from sports and fighting games,maybe some racing games as well but even those are moving towards the online oriented experiences even more.

#61 Posted by RR360DD (13033 posts) -

Halo MC collection has it. Split screen, Co Op and trying to get LAN support in there too.

#62 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18324 posts) -

@MrGeezer

I wonder whos brave enough to take the 1st step ? We should squash anybody who tries this.... Kill it before it even begins then burn the bodies !