What (announced) Wii U exclusive are you looking forward to most?

• 136 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

Poll What (announced) Wii U exclusive are you looking forward to most? (94 votes)

Mario Kart 8 29%
Super Smash Bros. 23%
X 31%
Bayonetta 2 11%
Yoshi Yarn 0%
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem 1%
Hyrule Warriors 3%
Sonic Boom 2%

Of the upcoming, unreleased, but conclusively announced Wii U exclusives that we know of right now, which one are you looking forward to the most? And why?

• 
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#101 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Bayo 2 fo sho! Great dev, sequel to a AAA game and arguably best hack and slash game ever.

Mario Kart and Smash will be great fun but I don't expect much earth shattering innovation, more like solid sequels with some new content.

Sonic and Hyrule Warriors will be crap.

Don't know enough about the rest yet.

@Bigboi500 said:

All this blue shell whining? What a bunch of talentless wieners...

Your talent level is irrelevant to the blue shell. No way to avoid it, whether you're the shittiest player or the best in the world. Crap item, though it doesn't enrage me as much as mildly annoy. Just let me and my friends turn it off Nintendo. Just give us an option.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 locopatho

@Bigboi500 said:

You guys can complain all you like, that's your choice. Doesn't mean your right in doing so, however. Claiming it's "shitty mechanics" and that "everyone agrees it's bad" is straight up bullshit. The games sell in the millions, and there are plenty of people who are fine with the design choices.

It's kinda like going in to Titan Fall and complaining about the mechs being unfair to the soldiers on the ground. It's futile.

You can't explain why randomly letting the last place person **** over the first place person, which benefits neither of them, is a good mechanic. You just insult and belittle people.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#103  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@locopatho said:

@Bigboi500 said:

You guys can complain all you like, that's your choice. Doesn't mean your right in doing so, however. Claiming it's "shitty mechanics" and that "everyone agrees it's bad" is straight up bullshit. The games sell in the millions, and there are plenty of people who are fine with the design choices.

It's kinda like going in to Titan Fall and complaining about the mechs being unfair to the soldiers on the ground. It's futile.

You can't explain why randomly letting the last place person **** over the first place person, which benefits neither of them, is a good mechanic. You just insult and belittle people.

I already explained that it's there to give casual gamers a chance against more skilled players. As I said, I'm tired of this discussion, and tired of reading complaints about the blue shell.

So now I'm going to pull a Souls' games fanboy move and say that you suck at the game if you complain about the blue shell.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By locopatho

@Bigboi500 said:

@locopatho said:

@Bigboi500 said:

I already explained that it's there to give casual gamers a chance against more skilled players. As I said, I'm tired of this discussion, and tired of reading complaints about the blue shell.

So now I'm going to pull a Souls' games fanboy move and say that you suck at the game if you complain about the blue shell.

But dude, IT DOESN'T HELP! If I get the Blue shell in last place and take out first, HOW DID THAT HELP ME? It helps the dude in 2nd place who is now gonna win. I'm still last.

You're just wrong, and you know you're wrong, hence "LOL you suck".

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#105 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@Bigboi500: If you're tired of the discussion stop joining it and stop whinging about it.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Bigboi500

Of course I'm right, but whatevs.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#107 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26086 Posts

I'm interested in seeing how Sonic turns out.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 locopatho

@Bigboi500 said:

Of course I'm right, but whatevs.

Just being nasty to people. Cos you're wrong. Go for it, defend shitty game mechanics if that's what gets you going. Seems a bit strange to me but you enjoy yourself :)

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Bigboi500

Go play your Cwazy Cupcakes and Candy Crush you silly casual plebs. lol!!

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

@locopatho: blue shell got changed in mk7. Now it travels on the ground on it's way to the person in first place, meaning it can hit people on it's path

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

Yeah, you should be able to turn off items in MK, because why the **** not.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Mario Kart 8 (duh).

@KBFloYd said:
Pikminmaniac said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Mario Kart 8 (duh).

what is the hold that Mario Kart has on people?

it's nintendo's biggest online game besides smash... you can play it everyday online for new experiences.

I really couldn't do that if the blue shell is in it. That's an item that doesn't help the person that uses it and only unjustly punishes someone for doing every thing right.

The only way I can enjoy the series any more is in time trials. It's hard to get past an item so poorly designed.

Yea, but remember, Nintendo can't leave little Johnny or Grandpa Joe out in the cold with a frown because they can't win! Heaven's no. Enjoyment all around.....Nintendo insists! Skill be damned....

*sigh*

I hope Nintendo can eventually weather and eventually abandon this casual, all-inclusive, nonsense mentality. It's compromising their games.

Anyway, OT.

The only Nintendo game I'm remotely interested in is Zelda U, but I'm not holding out much hope. Other than that, the slight hope for a new Metroid for the 3DS announced at E3.....but again, not much.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

@MirkoS77: the blue shell has been a part of mario kart since the n64. It isn't something that popped up when they went "casual"

Link3301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#114 Link3301
Member since 2008 • 2001 Posts

1. Super Smash Bros

2. Mario Kart 8

3. X

4. Yoshi's Yarn

5. Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

Link3301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#115 Link3301
Member since 2008 • 2001 Posts

The blue shell is an example of something narrows the gap between experienced and inexperienced players. Many great games give tools that can be used by newer players to score some points against, but not completely dominate, better players. These tools often boost the performance of the inexperienced, but are mocked by the elite. For example, look at the Grenade Launcher from CoD 4, it helped tons of noobs get kills, but was useless to most experienced players. The grenade launcher allowed more noobs to get in the game and not be frustrated. Without the grenade launcher the learning curve for CoD 4 would have been much steeper and the game would have only really been enjoyed by a small dedicated community. Skilled players won't need the Blue Shell to win and if you are good enough, you should still be able to win in spite of it.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 locopatho

@Shinobishyguy said:

@locopatho: blue shell got changed in mk7. Now it travels on the ground on it's way to the person in first place, meaning it can hit people on it's path

If it actually helps the person in last then I'm fine with it :)

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 locopatho

@Link3301 said:

The blue shell is an example of something narrows the gap between experienced and inexperienced players. Many great games give tools that can be used by newer players to score some points against, but not completely dominate, better players. These tools often boost the performance of the inexperienced, but are mocked by the elite. For example, look at the Grenade Launcher from CoD 4, it helped tons of noobs get kills, but was useless to most experienced players. The grenade launcher allowed more noobs to get in the game and not be frustrated. Without the grenade launcher the learning curve for CoD 4 would have been much steeper and the game would have only really been enjoyed by a small dedicated community. Skilled players won't need the Blue Shell to win and if you are good enough, you should still be able to win in spite of it.

But the Blue Shell DOESN'T HELP YOU. That's why people hate it. It fucks over the person in first, and helps the person in second. The last guy is still last.

Items like the Star, and Lightning Bolt ACTUALLY HELP the person in last. They, like the Grenade Launcher in COD4 (which I made extensive use of :D ) are fine with most gamers. Give the newbies and casual gamers a chance, fine.

The problem with the Blue Shell is that it has the negative impact of damaging the person in first, without the positive impact of helping the guy in last. THAT is why it's almost universally hated.

According to @Shinobishyguy it has changed to be more helpful and fair. That's great news, I'll probably have no problem with this revamped Blue Shell. I will forever hate it in the earilier console Mario Karts though :)

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#118 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

@Pikminmaniac said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Mario Kart 8 (duh).

@KBFloYd said:
Pikminmaniac said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Mario Kart 8 (duh).

it's nintendo's biggest online game besides smash... you can play it everyday online for new experiences.

I really couldn't do that if the blue shell is in it. That's an item that doesn't help the person that uses it and only unjustly punishes someone for doing every thing right.

The only way I can enjoy the series any more is in time trials. It's hard to get past an item so poorly designed.

Yea, but remember, Nintendo can't leave little Johnny or Grandpa Joe out in the cold with a frown because they can't win! Heaven's no. Enjoyment all around.....Nintendo insists! Skill be damned....

*sigh*

I hope Nintendo can eventually weather and eventually abandon this casual, all-inclusive, nonsense mentality. It's compromising their games.

Anyway, OT.

The only Nintendo game I'm remotely interested in is Zelda U, but I'm not holding out much hope. Other than that, the slight hope for a new Metroid for the 3DS announced at E3.....but again, not much.

Well Nintendo is putting in some of the toughest skill based challenges in their more recent games these days. Stuff that needs a lot of patience and a lot of skill to complete. Games like Punch-Out!!, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, New Super Mario Bros. U, New Super Luigi U, etc. They seem less afraid to be brutal than most devs these days.

anab0lic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 anab0lic
Member since 2011 • 374 Posts

1 SSB

2 MK8

3 SMT x FE

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

easily X followed by bayonetta 2

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Bayonetta 2, which I'll just play when my brother gets it for his Wii U :P

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#122 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@Pikminmaniac said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Mario Kart 8 (duh).

@KBFloYd said:
Pikminmaniac said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Mario Kart 8 (duh).

*sigh*

Anyway, OT.

Well Nintendo is putting in some of the toughest skill based challenges in their more recent games these days. Stuff that needs a lot of patience and a lot of skill to complete. Games like Punch-Out!!, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, New Super Mario Bros. U, New Super Luigi U, etc. They seem less afraid to be brutal than most devs these days.

I wouldn't say more brutal than most devs, but you're right. I'm certain that SMTXFE will bring the most challenge considering the games of each franchise.

Judging by his post it seems he hasn't played any recent Nintendo game other than Skyward Sword and Other M. Just my guess.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#123 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Glad to see X winning even though I didn't vote for it.

@freedomfreak said:

Yeah, you should be able to turn off items in MK, because why the **** not.

It should be an option, but MK would be pretty boring without them.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#124 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

just bought a Wii U yesterday which has me even more excited for Bayo 2.

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#125  Edited By Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts

Smash Brahs looks decent.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

first 4

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#127  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@93BlackHawk93 said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@Pikminmaniac said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Mario Kart 8 (duh).

@KBFloYd said:
Pikminmaniac said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Mario Kart 8 (duh).

*sigh*

Anyway, OT.

I wouldn't say more brutal than most devs, but you're right. I'm certain that SMTXFE will bring the most challenge considering the games of each franchise.

Judging by his post it seems he hasn't played any recent Nintendo game other than Skyward Sword and Other M. Just my guess.

I'd bet a lot of money that Nintendo puts more challenge in their game than the majority of devs out there.

I'd also be willing to say some of the games I alread mentioned contain challenges that will be beyond those found in SMTXFE, but I could be wrong about that. The challenge mode in NSMBU and the many later challenges (time trials and 200% completion)in DK are absolutely brutal.

P.S. He should play the hard mode in Metroid Other M. I beat it, but coming to the point where you're dead in one hit got pretty difficult.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@Pikminmaniac said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Mario Kart 8 (duh).

@KBFloYd said:
Pikminmaniac said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Mario Kart 8 (duh).

*sigh*

Anyway, OT.

They also are one of the most insultingly patronizing developers walking the Earth. When you speak of skill, are you thinking mostly single-player? Because that's what your examples show. In that respect I suppose you have a point (though don't get me started on SS), but Nintendo's all-inclusive attitude negatively permeates their works when they wish to try to be big gentle daddy and keep everyone on the same level.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
Member since 2012 • 546 Posts

90's Arcade Racer… Maybe because I'm so bias towards Dreamcast, it's like an successor to Daytona USA.

Also looking forward to Nano Assault Neo from Shin'En and of course X from Monolith Soft. The game this Gundam fan has been waiting for.

Hey there beautiful

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#130 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

<----- do you see the name, mariokart 8 ,

then yarn yoshi and ssb4 , and watch dogs the next cod , as for 3rd party goes ,

Zaraxius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#131 Zaraxius
Member since 2013 • 221 Posts

Did anyone else notice that every single game on this list is far better than any PC game in existence?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@zaraxius said:

Did anyone else notice that every single game on this list is far better than any PC game in existence?

What is your issue with PC gamers and PC gaming?

Put down the haterade

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 lostrib

@zaraxius said:

@lostrib said:

@zaraxius said:

Put down the haterade

It's like everyone else lives in some alternate dimension where PC gamers acting like smug pricks is somehow normal human interaction. PC gamers are allowed to get away with it though, because the moderators show clear favoritism and Charizard1605 is too much of a pussy to simply not parrot what he thinks every PC gamer wants to hear.

It's a thread about Wii U games. PC gamers have nothing to do with this

Seriously, you have a problem dude

Zaraxius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#135 Zaraxius
Member since 2013 • 221 Posts
@lostrib said:

@zaraxius said:

@lostrib said:

@zaraxius said:

Put down the haterade

It's like everyone else lives in some alternate dimension where PC gamers acting like smug pricks is somehow normal human interaction. PC gamers are allowed to get away with it though, because the moderators show clear favoritism and Charizard1605 is too much of a pussy to simply not parrot what he thinks every PC gamer wants to hear.

It's a thread about Wii U games. PC gamers have nothing to do with this

Seriously, you have a problem dude

I don't have a problem. I just vehemently detest PC gamers with every fiber of my being.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 lostrib

@zaraxius: you are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

X is still my most anticipated. Mario kart 8, bayo 2 and smash are close though as of now.