well....time passes and Wii graphics dont get any better...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gears360
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts

Upcoming game for wii: fire emblem , it has more time for development yet graphics still are PS2 quality

(in game pictures only, dont bring cgi movies here)

for god's sake just look at this floor

seems like third parties really dont give a crap about improving wii visuals, those are ps2 quality at best and it shows no sign of stopping, third parties think that wiimote controls are enough to sell the game

Kayrod29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Kayrod29
Member since 2005 • 5301 Posts
Until I see the Wii have a game that looks better then Riddick, Conker, or Ninja Gaiden, I am not convinced that it's more powerful then Xbox 1.
Avatar image for OldSkoolGamer04
OldSkoolGamer04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 OldSkoolGamer04
Member since 2004 • 1616 Posts
Ok.
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

well fire emblem isn't exactly about graphics. but as you own a 360 you'll be happy to be charged an extra $10 for guitar hero for HD programming!

and mario galaxy and resident evil and super smash and metroid will look better than GC, XBOX, and PS2. just under 360 probably.

jaminator45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jaminator45
Member since 2003 • 367 Posts

time passes......wtf? its been 4 months.

more like these repetitive threads dont get any better...

lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts
Wow now that was a lame attempt.....
bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts
Your judging the Wii's graphical progress by a game that originally supposed to be on the cube but was scrapped due to its end?
Dr_Evil_PhD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dr_Evil_PhD
Member since 2006 • 1507 Posts

how about looking at screenshots of SSBB, SMG, metroid prime, pokemon wii, or forever blue. :?

/thread

Two400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 Two400
Member since 2006 • 2787 Posts
Time passes and people still don't realize that graphics are not what makes a game.

And don't use the Pac Man argument because that reasoning fails.  No game looks like Pac Man.
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

Upcoming game for wii: fire emblem , it has more time for development yet graphics still are PS2 quality

seems like third parties really dont give a crap about improving wii visuals, those are ps2 quality at best and it shows no sign of stopping, third parties think that wiimote controls are enough to sell the game

Gears360

thats a first party game. and i dont know why nintendo hasnt improved the graphics on this all their other games are good looking.

geist117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 geist117
Member since 2006 • 4419 Posts
Fire Emblem is 1st party smart guy, 2nd of all Sheep is this a sequal to Path of Radiance?
luigigreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 luigigreen
Member since 2005 • 4888 Posts
:lol: I love the insulting of the wii's graphical capabilities,even though it's been clearly stated it's the lazy developers fault, and yet people sill continue to make these old boring threads. It's like we have to hammer it into your skull.
Cpt_Meh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cpt_Meh
Member since 2005 • 1832 Posts
Lol. You're attacking a strat/RPG for not having mindblowing graphics? Ok. Time passes, and Wii bashers find more and more pathetic ways to attack something pointless. COngrats.
Quack_Attack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Quack_Attack
Member since 2005 • 2562 Posts
Who cares?
D00nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 D00nut
Member since 2003 • 7618 Posts

If only Fire Emblem was about its graphics, then you would have a valid argument. Sadly, you don't.

Hockey_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Hockey_Slayer
Member since 2004 • 3213 Posts
Will time passes and your still just as stupid....
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
woah, woah, woah........Sonic and the secret rings compared to the GC and ps2 ports of the wii's launch...../thread
Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts

jaminator45
Actually, it's been 3 months since launch.

How dare the Wii not have any 360/PS3 level type graphics for games after all that time? [/sarcasm]
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Gears360

Last time I checked, Fire Emblem: Godess of War was published by Nintendo and developed by Intelligent Systems.  It's a 2ND PARTY GAME. 

Also, the game's release date has not even been announced, yet... Do you think that gorgeous visuals can actually come from a game that is in its baby stages?

Why don't you compare games like this?

Or this? (Project HAMMER, Wii, DEVELOPED BY NINTENDO)

Why show a game that has not even been developed fully yet?  Look at other Wii games; they look great.
renger6002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 renger6002
Member since 2004 • 4481 Posts

jaminator45
ya... besides, SSX blur and Sonic both look awsome. Some even say better than GC
SystemWarsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SystemWarsMan
Member since 2007 • 913 Posts
well as time and time goes by you can make the same point for the PS3 .
Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gears360
i still dont see what so special about SmG graphics, there's hardly much elements on the screen and the space looks empty, although hammer looks a little better than the typical wii game still i laugh at the usual excuse " hey, (insert game here) is not about graphic" lol, you think that by saying that is automatically shielded against bad graphics criticism?????? dream on....
Goten_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Goten_king
Member since 2004 • 4327 Posts

Gears360
2nd party.. anyway. This game doesnt' rely on graphics, but i agree, they should have bumbed them up at least a little. Its barely any different than POR. I will still get this game because the strategy surpasses most any game i've played.
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
The GC Fire Emblem game had N64 blocky graphics but owned still... if anyone knows TBS games are about the strategy, fighting, and in FE's case, Storyline.
lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lzorro
[QUOTE="Gears360"]i still dont see what so special about SmG graphics, there's hardly much elements on the screen and the space looks empty, although hammer looks a little better than the typical wii game still i laugh at the usual excuse " hey, (insert game here) is not about graphic" lol, you think that by saying that is automatically shielded against bad graphics criticism?????? dream on....

No it does not shield it but, you picked a lame game to argue about graphics. Anyone who's played FE on GameCube knows that the game is not about graphics it's about the strategy, characters, and story.
linkhero1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 linkhero1
Member since 2004 • 16489 Posts
:lol: yeah lets use fire emblem. Did you know that game isn't about graphics it's about the story. I bet you haven't played a fire emblem game before?
Sparkys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sparkys
Member since 2004 • 4074 Posts
It's a GC game ported over to the Wii. That's why it also doesn't have pointer control.
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts

i still dont see what so special about SmG graphics, there's hardly much elements on the screen and the space looks empty, although hammer looks a little better than the typical wii game still i laugh at the usual excuse " hey, (insert game here) is not about graphic" lol, you think that by saying that is automatically shielded against bad graphics criticism?????? dream on....Gears360
No "elements" huh?

Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Gears360
my point is: i picked a future wii game, and it has been on development for longer and still looks like garbage wasn't a selling point of thew ii, that the developers would already be familiar with the GC tools? and then the transition to wii would be fast to produce great graphics? guess what........its not happening the "its not about graphics" thing is very lame, since its not about audio either......why not do it with only midi music, and no voiceovers,,, oh wait thats zelda....
Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

The game looks no different than Path of Radiance. From what I’ve seen so far, the wii is basically a game cube with a new control method. Of course, that does not mean the games aren’t good. Every console from the last generation had great games, and they were plenty of fun with their inferior graphics. Heck, my favorite PS2 game is Disgaea: Hour of Darkness; graphics don’t get much more simple than that.

Also, last-gen graphics -- while inferior to the PS3 and 360 -- are still far from being ugly. Games like God of War, Dragon Quest VIII, and Soul Calibur III all looked great on the PS2. The Nintendo DS is graphically inferior to the PSP, but it has some games that are absolutely great. The wii brings people fun new games (not necessarily new graphics) for a price that’s relatively cheap; and there a plenty of people who want just that.

GEMINI_CYBORG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GEMINI_CYBORG
Member since 2007 • 238 Posts
This is a pathetic post for a couple reasons:

1) The picture is insanely large, of course it's blury
2) This game was originally for GC but was scrapped
3) Said game dosen't rely on graphics
4) Pathetic attempt for bashing; "Just look at the ground" is insanely lame, sounds like "all your base are belong to us"
5) Didn't look at SMG or SSBB, both of which have amazing graphics.

besides, he's a lemming guys. "Gears360" lol...
boo him everyone Nintendo doesn't really care about HD yet so wine all you want sheeps just admit Wii's gonna win.

/thread

lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lzorro
[QUOTE="Gears360"]my point is: i picked a future wii game, and it has been on development for longer and still looks like garbage wasn't a selling point of thew ii, that the developers would already be familiar with the GC tools? and then the transition to wii would be fast to produce great graphics? guess what........its not happening the "its not about graphics" thing is very lame, since its not about audio either......why not do it with only midi music, and no voiceovers,,, oh wait thats zelda....

No offense but what developers? GC was pretty much solely supported by the Big N, EA, and Activision....
Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gears360
amazing graphics???? lol get with the times kid, the term "amazing graphics" is now reserved for Gears of War level and beyond, not 5 year old gc crap
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
The 2001 Gamecube game Rogue Squadron II...

The 2003 Gamecube game Rogue Squadron III...

The Wii is twice as powerful as the Gamecube... why developers are so lazy, I do not know.
MaTT2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MaTT2011
Member since 2005 • 3949 Posts
You need to get some new material, dear, because the material you are using is pathetic.
Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gears360
This is a pathetic post for a couple reasons:

1) The picture is insanely large, of course it's blury  so...the wii is not for large screens? lol pathetic excuse...
2) This game was originally for GC but was scrapped  great! more time for improve the graphics! guess not...
3) Said game dosen't rely on graphics  automatic shield against graphic criticism? LOL
4) Pathetic attempt for bashing; "Just look at the ground" is insanely lame, sounds like "all your base are belong to us"  what??????
5) Didn't look at SMG or SSBB, both of which have amazing graphics.  amazing???? lousy use of the word....

GEMINI_CYBORG
Thug_Pikachu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Thug_Pikachu
Member since 2006 • 4725 Posts
thats not even Dreamcast level
luigigreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 luigigreen
Member since 2005 • 4888 Posts
[QUOTE="Gears360"]my point is: i picked a future wii game, and it has been on development for longer and still looks like garbage wasn't a selling point of thew ii, that the developers would already be familiar with the GC tools? and then the transition to wii would be fast to produce great graphics? guess what........its not happening the "its not about graphics" thing is very lame, since its not about audio either......why not do it with only midi music, and no voiceovers,,, oh wait thats zelda....

First of all, it's not done yet. Secondly, developers are lazy as hell and don't want to foucs on graphics, rather focus on controls. It's not the systems fault, it's the developers.
Ichiroisawsome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ichiroisawsome
Member since 2006 • 713 Posts
Until I see the Wii have a game that looks better then Riddick, Conker, or Ninja Gaiden, I am not convinced that it's more powerful then Xbox 1.Kayrod29

You must eat ignorance flakes for breakfast. 
liljon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 liljon546
Member since 2005 • 2301 Posts
Where have I heard this before :roll:. Teh originaliy.
Haloissosweet_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Haloissosweet_
Member since 2005 • 3191 Posts

who cares about the graphics, its not like the games are any good anyway.

Cpt_Meh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Cpt_Meh
Member since 2005 • 1832 Posts

who cares about the graphics, its not like the games are any good anyway.

Haloissosweet_

Says a guy who has probably never played them.