We're not "ostracizing" Xbox with Destiny DLC -BUNGIE

• 77 results
#51 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10607 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@lglz1337 said:

ps4 will have the better version #dealwithit lemmings!

if by "better" you meant "exactly the same" than yes, better

If by "exactly the same" you meant "inferior on xbone", (resolution/fps), then yes, exactly the same.

Destiny runs at 1080p/30fps on both PS4 and Xbox One

#52 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

@inb4uall said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@lglz1337 said:

If by "exactly the same" you meant "inferior on xbone", (resolution/fps), then yes, exactly the same.

>___> <___< *backs away into the darkness.*

#53 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25769 posts) -

Someone's shift + 1 keys are taking a good fucking hammering today.

#54 Edited by Dire_Weasel (16000 posts) -

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

@lglz1337 said:

Better because of....???? Bungie has already stated that their aim is have both the PS4 and X1 versions running at 1080p and 30 fps. Better because of timed DLC? Bungie has already said that they don't gimp games for the sake of DLC! The core game will be the same for both the X1 and PS4 on launch day!! So I am not sure where you are going with this! I mean I get it that you are an insecure Sony fanboy who is upset at his choice of gaming consoles and that while you have no exclusive games coming that are worth a damn, you must rely on the resolution argument to make yourself feel good! But man, have some dignity would ya!!!

You certainly sound upset about this.

You might want to wait until the Digital Foundry comparisons come out before you start comparing the Playstation 4 and Xbox One versions of Destiny.

Digital Foundry huh?? Yeah, the same guys that are making a huge deal about the UC4 TRAILER that ran at a "rock solid" 60fps but in actuality wasn't gameplay. Sure, it was "in engine" running on the PS4, but there was NOTHING GOING ON!!!! No weather, no movement, no gun fights, no puzzles, no NOTHING!!! OMG, the PS4 must be able to run games at 4000p and 120 fps!!! That Digital Foundry???? Yeah, I think I'll stick with what Bungie is saying!! Yeah, they probably know a little bit more about THEIR GAME then some HACK gaming site!!!

Again, I truly feel bad for you Sony fanboys having to always run back to resolution this and resolution that to try and prove your console's worthiness!!! Funny how even if the X1 version of Destiny is 900p and 30 fps, I wont know the difference as I don't own a PS4 and wont be able to tell a difference while I play! You see, I PLAY GAMES, I don't sit and watch to see if a plume of smoke looks better or if the stubble on a characters face is a bit more clear!!!

Confirmed, you're upset. Judging by the use of caps lock and multiple exclamation points you're close to tears.

You may want to say clear of this forum after Destiny is released, the Destiny comparison threads will probably give you an aneurysm.

#55 Edited by lglz1337 (3855 posts) -

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS: lol you sound mad i can't help XposBone is the weakest link, but calm down this is just SW.LOL

#56 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4895 posts) -
@inb4uall said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@inb4uall said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@lglz1337 said:

>___> <___< *backs away into the darkness.*

¬_¬

even if resolution and framerate are identical, there can still be differences between the two versions.

the question is what is the magnitude of difference, if any? i guess we'll have to wait and see.

#57 Posted by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

forgotten after a year? kind of like that GTA4 dlc was, right? oh wait, cows threw a FN parade once it was announced timed DLC. well isnt this hypocritically ironic. i mean, i must have imagine the many times i've seen cows list Destiny as a reason to buy a ps4 as if it was exclusive too....man, i gotta get back on my meds smh lol.

MS learned to be upfront about timed dlc while Sony is using old tricks that have been sour since 2009. stop lying and trying to mislead people Sony...oh and lower your PSNow prices too because that shii is ridiculous.

It would be if I had even bothered with GTA4 so most of the bold doesn't even relate to me, but nice try anyways :), and they have? I haven't seen any, any gamer in the know would be aware it's multiplatform. It seems to be a huge hit though coming off of the alpha, exclusively for PlayStation systems.. Dude, you for sure as shit, have to go down to that cupboard and break open those pills and just chug a legal dose. I agree. lmfao so salty with the whole 'old tricks', makes me chuckle.i'll reiterate, if you can wait, then you shouldn't care, not like you'll be getting the PS4 version anyway amirite? PSnow prices are placeholders you god damn n00b lol.

#58 Posted by Batt1eRatt1e (108 posts) -

@Dire_Weasel: Your weak point was attacked for massive damage

#59 Edited by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2101 posts) -

@

@Dire_Weasel said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

@lglz1337 said:

Better because of....???? Bungie has already stated that their aim is have both the PS4 and X1 versions running at 1080p and 30 fps. Better because of timed DLC? Bungie has already said that they don't gimp games for the sake of DLC! The core game will be the same for both the X1 and PS4 on launch day!! So I am not sure where you are going with this! I mean I get it that you are an insecure Sony fanboy who is upset at his choice of gaming consoles and that while you have no exclusive games coming that are worth a damn, you must rely on the resolution argument to make yourself feel good! But man, have some dignity would ya!!!

You certainly sound upset about this.

You might want to wait until the Digital Foundry comparisons come out before you start comparing the Playstation 4 and Xbox One versions of Destiny.

Digital Foundry huh?? Yeah, the same guys that are making a huge deal about the UC4 TRAILER that ran at a "rock solid" 60fps but in actuality wasn't gameplay. Sure, it was "in engine" running on the PS4, but there was NOTHING GOING ON!!!! No weather, no movement, no gun fights, no puzzles, no NOTHING!!! OMG, the PS4 must be able to run games at 4000p and 120 fps!!! That Digital Foundry???? Yeah, I think I'll stick with what Bungie is saying!! Yeah, they probably know a little bit more about THEIR GAME then some HACK gaming site!!!

Again, I truly feel bad for you Sony fanboys having to always run back to resolution this and resolution that to try and prove your console's worthiness!!! Funny how even if the X1 version of Destiny is 900p and 30 fps, I wont know the difference as I don't own a PS4 and wont be able to tell a difference while I play! You see, I PLAY GAMES, I don't sit and watch to see if a plume of smoke looks better or if the stubble on a characters face is a bit more clear!!!

Confirmed, you're upset. Judging by the use of caps lock and multiple exclamation points you're close to tears.

You may want to say clear of this forum after Destiny is released, the Destiny comparison threads will probably give you an aneurysm.

LOL that you think a multi-plat is going to be scored differently between the PS4 and the Xbox One! On this site which is where we are having this conversation, Destiny will be scored identical on both the X1 and PS4 whether you like it or not. The story will be the same. The gameplay will be the same. Lets just say for arguments sake that the PS4 has a higher resolution, that wont be enough to give that version a better score especially if the difference is 900p Vs. 1080p. What is going to be funny is that when this game comes out and gets a 7 or 8! After all of the ball busting and chest pounding you Cows will have done as if it were a PS4 exclusive and the game gets what will be only an above average score the lolz will be coming at you fast and hard!! Maybe you might want to steer clear of this board!!

But like I said, you guys have little else to brag about in 2014 except for some games having a bit higher resolutions. I mean your games library is pretty sparse on the exclusive side and will remain so until "sometime in 2015". So like I said, if you can feel better about your PS3.5 because of some visual effects, then I am truly happy for you! Heck, Man,having to find time between Destiny, Sunset Overdrive, Forza 2 Horizons and Halo The Master Chief Collection. That is going to be a busy Fall for us X1 owners. But hey, I guess you get to play with Sack boy!!!

Loved my Xbox....Loved my Xbox 360 and I love my Xbox One! XBL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PSN!! My level of wanting a PS4 at this point rests somewhere between a root canal and a proctology exam!

#60 Posted by Daious (1388 posts) -

This is going to be similar to how xbox has COD exclusives (timed) and ps4 has destiny exclusives (timed). I believe this extends to the expansions as well. The launch exclusives will be Sony's for a year.

Its obvious since PS4 is the lead platform that PS4 version will be the best on consoles but it is stupid to think Xboxone version will be ignored. This is going to be a great game for everyone.

#61 Edited by Bruin1986 (1300 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

If only for the fact that you actually have to use the Playstation controller with the ps4 version...so unfortunate.

I wish I could plug my Xbox controller into the PS4...so much better for shooters.

lol

As for the general anger towards Bungie for making the PS4 version have some launch exclusives...it's pretty obvious from a business perspective.

Bungie has a huge established fanbase on the xbox already from the past decade of Halo games. Many playstation-only gamers have never played a Bungie title so they want to build a reputation with them as well.

#62 Posted by santoron (7774 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

either way, its about time Bungie stood up and stopped that nonsense Sony was spewing and let its original fanbase know they werent tossed to the side or forgotten.

WTF are you on about? You've been listening to the same song and dance from an Activision published shooter for years now. So what is the cause of your present butthurt all of the sudden? Is it that its Bungie, or that this time it's not an Xbox receiving some silly DLC early?

Someone is spewing nonsense in here alright, but it ain't Sony.

#63 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16000 posts) -

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

LOL that you think a multi-plat is going to be scored differently between the PS4 and the Xbox One! On this site which is where we are having this conversation, Destiny will be scored identical on both the X1 and PS4 whether you like it or not. The story will be the same. The gameplay will be the same. Lets just say for arguments sake that the PS4 has a higher resolution, that wont be enough to give that version a better score especially if the difference is 900p Vs. 1080p. What is going to be funny is that when this game comes out and gets a 7 or 8! After all of the ball busting and chest pounding you Cows will have done as if it were a PS4 exclusive and the game gets what will be only an above average score the lolz will be coming at you fast and hard!! Maybe you might want to steer clear of this board!!

But like I said, you guys have little else to brag about in 2014 except for some games having a bit higher resolutions. I mean your games library is pretty sparse on the exclusive side and will remain so until "sometime in 2015". So like I said, if you can feel better about your PS3.5 because of some visual effects, then I am truly happy for you! Heck, Man,having to find time between Destiny, Sunset Overdrive, Forza 2 Horizons and Halo The Master Chief Collection. That is going to be a busy Fall for us X1 owners. But hey, I guess you get to play with Sack boy!!!

Loved my Xbox....Loved my Xbox 360 and I love my Xbox One! XBL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PSN!! My level of wanting a PS4 at this point rests somewhere between a root canal and a proctology exam!

No one mentioned "scores", I'm not a "cow", and and I've never given much thought to how much I want a proctology exam, but it sounds like you have.

#64 Posted by foxhound_fox (88743 posts) -

If they weren't, they wouldn't have accepted a payoff for exclusive content.

#65 Edited by ButDuuude (476 posts) -

Just like every Xbox dlc "exclusives"...

#66 Posted by Batt1eRatt1e (108 posts) -

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS: Just let him have this...he needs the timed exclusive DLC as there's nothing else in 2014 for PS4. Destiny will be the same other than the timed exclusive content. Cows are in desperation damage control over this now.

#67 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (9014 posts) -

I've just read the details of this DLC and it doesn't look special at all. It's a single co-op mission, single map and a couple of weapons and ships.

#68 Edited by silversix_ (14794 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I've just read the details of this DLC and it doesn't look special at all. It's a single co-op mission, single map and a couple of weapons and ships.

its like that every time. Most of these timed dlc's are so meh that it isn't even worth talking about them.

#69 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10607 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Any DLC is going to be superfluous, the extra content of Destiny will come from the expansions Comet.

#70 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

The exclusive content seem to be exclusive to PlayStation till Fall 2015 so other systems will get the DLC next year Fall 2015 which is pretty impressive a whole year exclusive unlike xbox which does 1 month exclusive content :P

http://lzygmrs.com/destiny/playstation-exclusive-content-runs-fall-2015/3760/

So Sony is worse than MS. Congrats?

Nah more like Sony is giving them a taste of their own disgusting practice. Microsoft started this timed BS.

#71 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -
@StormyJoe said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@tymeservesfate: everyone knows the ps4 version will be better tech wise. If it's not resolution, it's performance in other areas, such as texture quality, framerate, or even AA usage.

LOL! Dude... Really? The PS4 is not that much more powerful than the XB1.

It's more powerful enough to see noticeable differences.

@mems_1224 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

The exclusive content seem to be exclusive to PlayStation till Fall 2015 so other systems will get the DLC next year Fall 2015 which is pretty impressive a whole year exclusive unlike xbox which does 1 month exclusive content :P

Nah more like Sony is giving them a taste of their own disgusting practice. Microsoft started this timed BS.

#72 Posted by mems_1224 (47269 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

@mems_1224 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

y u mad doe?

#73 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@mems_1224 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

y u mad doe?

Not mad. You are not getting Melo(Bulls) or Lebron(Heat) btw.

#74 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7422 posts) -

Sony makes me laugh. You can have the DLC. Your 2014 will need it.

#75 Edited by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2101 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sony makes me laugh. You can have the DLC. Your 2014 will need it.

Yeah its pretty sad when their entire 2014 is being built on a multiplat and some timed DLC. I mean what happens if Destiny isn't that well received? I guess they will have Sack Boy and Drive Flop!

#76 Edited by StormyJoe (5497 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:
@StormyJoe said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@tymeservesfate: everyone knows the ps4 version will be better tech wise. If it's not resolution, it's performance in other areas, such as texture quality, framerate, or even AA usage.

LOL! Dude... Really? The PS4 is not that much more powerful than the XB1.

It's more powerful enough to see noticeable differences.

@mems_1224 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

"noticeable" LOL. Spoken like a cow.

There is hardly a difference. It's not like the PS4 is producing 50% more polygons or textures. The PS4 has a resolution advantage in some game. Whoopty-doo.

#77 Posted by mems_1224 (47269 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

@mems_1224 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@mems_1224 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

y u mad doe?

Not mad. You are not getting Melo(Bulls) or Lebron(Heat) btw.

Lebron opted out. He's coming to Houston. U MAD! U MAD! U MAD! U MAD!

#78 Posted by Alucard_Prime (3043 posts) -

I don't mind waiting a bit for the DLC, the important thing is the core game will be the same on launch day. I'd rather have the better voice chat quality from Xbox One to be honest, as this is a game I will be playing online with friends a lot. Got myself a pair of Astro A50 those things will rock with Destiny.

#79 Edited by -Damien- (5355 posts) -

Xbox fans acting like a jealous ex-lover, get over it and move on guys, because Bungie definitely has. Bungie is making sweet hot steamy seks with Playstation Nation