We don't need another MMORPG - the consoles have enough!!! Oh.. wait a sec!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 thetruespin
Member since 2008 • 3256 Posts

All this hate for the new FF stinks of fanboy fear.

This is a genre that has not yet had an outing on any of the current gen consoles.. and to top it off.. its a FINAL FANTASY!!! And now you guys are saying no thanks...

Seriously... this is exciting stuff. The last online FF was amazing...

PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts
Dont be silly, cutscenes and easy single players is the way foward apperently :lol:
zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#3 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

Because MMOs belong on PC.

Abicus7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Abicus7
Member since 2007 • 2009 Posts

I was looking forward to a White Knight Chronicles showing but this... totally unexpected. Biggest surprise (game wise) this E3.

Obviously we all know the biggest over all surprise was the NATAL.

thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thetruespin
I would understand the hate if we were drowning on MMORPGs.. but there is not a single one available on consoles... and if they can get the interface down, this could be amazing.. I mean, everyone loves ONLINE multiplayer... everyone loves FINAL FANTASY... and then you combine the two things we gamers love and somehow we get FAIL?? Seriously???
PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts
[QUOTE="thetruespin"]I would understand the hate if we were drowning on MMORPGs.. but there is not a single one available on consoles... and if they can get the interface down, this could be amazing.. I mean, everyone loves ONLINE multiplayer... everyone loves FINAL FANTASY... and then you combine the two things we gamers love and somehow we get FAIL?? Seriously???

What do you expect? most people here value the cutscenes/story over the actual gameplay and depth/difficulty of RPGs, shrugging MMO's off because they focus on the latter more ;D , and take longer. Cant believe anyone complains about PLAYING more of a game over a longer peroid of time compared to quick bursts of damn videos.
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
Err...MMO's just aren't really my cup of tea. A boring genre.
thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thetruespin
[QUOTE="PC360Wii"][QUOTE="thetruespin"]I would understand the hate if we were drowning on MMORPGs.. but there is not a single one available on consoles... and if they can get the interface down, this could be amazing.. I mean, everyone loves ONLINE multiplayer... everyone loves FINAL FANTASY... and then you combine the two things we gamers love and somehow we get FAIL?? Seriously???

What do you expect? most people here value the cutscenes/story over the actual gameplay and depth/difficulty of RPGs, shrugging MMO's off because they focus on the latter more ;D , and take longer. Cant believe anyone complains about PLAYING more of a game over a longer peroid of time compared to quick bursts of damn videos.

once the e3 storm has settled... FF14 will be the envy of 360 owners everywhere...
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
[QUOTE="thetruespin"]I would understand the hate if we were drowning on MMORPGs.. but there is not a single one available on consoles... and if they can get the interface down, this could be amazing.. I mean, everyone loves ONLINE multiplayer... everyone loves FINAL FANTASY... and then you combine the two things we gamers love and somehow we get FAIL?? Seriously???

did you play FF11? just wondering.
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

I was looking forward to a White Knight Chronicles showing but this... totally unexpected. Biggest surprise (game wise) this E3.

Abicus7

How? It had been leaked. FFXIV wasn't.

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#11 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

[QUOTE="thetruespin"]I would understand the hate if we were drowning on MMORPGs.. but there is not a single one available on consoles... and if they can get the interface down, this could be amazing.. I mean, everyone loves ONLINE multiplayer... everyone loves FINAL FANTASY... and then you combine the two things we gamers love and somehow we get FAIL?? Seriously???PC360Wii

i dont need another MMO to chew up 3 years of my life like WoW did, what annoys me most is that its called FFXIV... seriously just call it FF online, its not a friggen main game in the series.

CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

This is a genre that has not yet had an outing on any of the current gen consoles.. and to top it off.. its a FINAL FANTASY!!! And now you guys are saying no thanks...

thetruespin

:|

Can't you play a few MMOG on the 360 already, one being the FF MMOG that's currently out? :| Fairly sure you can. Fairly sure barly anyone does it either.

It's also not exclusive why hype it? You trash talk 360 owners for hyping pc/360 games. Funny how it works when the shoes on the other foot.

vanadiel242424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 vanadiel242424
Member since 2004 • 1795 Posts

thetruespin

Exactly, FFXI was an amazing non noob experience.

Casuals go play wow, Hardcore gamers with skill play FFXI

FACT

Abicus7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Abicus7
Member since 2007 • 2009 Posts

[QUOTE="Abicus7"]

789shadow

My bad, Never knew NATAL got leaked.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="thetruespin"]I would understand the hate if we were drowning on MMORPGs.. but there is not a single one available on consoles... and if they can get the interface down, this could be amazing.. I mean, everyone loves ONLINE multiplayer... everyone loves FINAL FANTASY... and then you combine the two things we gamers love and somehow we get FAIL?? Seriously???lawlessx

ssshhhh don't make TC's thread irrelevant before 1st page.
nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nmaharg
Member since 2004 • 3285 Posts
How many people in system wars talk about or play ffxi? FF online is as of right now a huge grind and isn't very enjoyable. Hopefully they change that, but FF xiv is nothing to get excited about imo. KOTOR online will crush it.
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

[QUOTE="Abicus7"]

Abicus7

We didn't know the name or any specifics, but we did know it was an Eyetoy like controller.

CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XI

Figured i was right. Yeah, we got a FF MMOG first. Quick, hype it to the moon and act like it's something special@

thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thetruespin
[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="thetruespin"]I would understand the hate if we were drowning on MMORPGs.. but there is not a single one available on consoles... and if they can get the interface down, this could be amazing.. I mean, everyone loves ONLINE multiplayer... everyone loves FINAL FANTASY... and then you combine the two things we gamers love and somehow we get FAIL?? Seriously???blue_hazy_basic

ssshhhh don't make TC's thread irrelevant before 1st page.

Yup.. on PC... not ps2
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

FFXIIII is on PC. Not exclusive. And FFXI blew. If you want to play an MMO, then you play the best, WoW. Why would I pay a monthly fee to waste my life playing an inferior MMO?

FloWeN-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FloWeN-UK
Member since 2004 • 693 Posts

Don't kid yourself, the last FF online was a horrible game.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="Abicus7"]

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

[QUOTE="Abicus7"]

No one really knew what Natal was. people thought that the MS patent was a concept rather than already in practice.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
ok why are cows hyping this when i keep reading comments about it also being on the PC? if they start hyping this as an ps3 exclusive then the lemmings are going to be able to take alot of great titles that are on both the 360/PC and call them exclusives.
Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts

FloWeN-UK
It comments like these that show how few people really got to the point in final fantasy where it became awesome, the end game on XI dominants any other mmo on the market, wow still isn't even close to it.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

ok why are cows hyping this when i keep reading comments about it also being on the PC? if they start hyping this as an ps3 exclusive then the lemmings are going to be able to take alot of great titles that are on both the 360/PC and call them exclusives.lawlessx

Yup. Add The Agency and other MMO's to that. All be be hitting PC through SOE. And most likely launch on PC first, just like Free Realms.

Cows attack lems for trying to do it, then they run around and try to proclaim PC/PS3 titles as exclusives. Quite ironic.

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#26 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts
ok why are cows hyping this when i keep reading comments about it also being on the PC? if they start hyping this as an ps3 exclusive then the lemmings are going to be able to take alot of great titles that are on both the 360/PC and call them exclusives.lawlessx
What cow has called this exclusive? Lemmings can hype 360/PC games all they like, but they simply can't call them exclusive. Same applies here.
staley6565

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 staley6565
Member since 2003 • 418 Posts

[QUOTE="PC360Wii"][QUOTE="thetruespin"]I would understand the hate if we were drowning on MMORPGs.. but there is not a single one available on consoles... and if they can get the interface down, this could be amazing.. I mean, everyone loves ONLINE multiplayer... everyone loves FINAL FANTASY... and then you combine the two things we gamers love and somehow we get FAIL?? Seriously???zarshack

i dont need another MMO to chew up 3 years of my life like WoW did, what annoys me most is that its called FFXIV... seriously just call it FF online, its not a friggen main game in the series.

Yeah except if you did play FFXI's main game you'd realize that 1) It did have a lot of story content and plenty of lore and dialogue to back it up...2) It was a throwback to classic FF, you'd know that if you looked at the art design, races, and class options/growth 3) The hardcore nature of the game was also reminiscent of classic NES FF in that you actually worked hard for your upgrades and spells, and that you were never truly Overpowered because there was always a tough fight waiting

Face it, your experience in MMOs being from WoW does not justify your opinion of FF Online, only recently has WoW actually developed the kind of narrative that FF Online always had with Wrath's story improvements and phased questing etc.

For those of us who enjoyed working hard with a couple friends to become truly heroic characters, XI was a blast and worth the FF numeral title, I'm done with XI right now but don't regret a second of it... WoW's definition of heroic is a fail pug AoEing down packs of crap without skill....Ulduar is the first time I actually had fun in a Wrath raid...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#28 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
I'm excited... But that's because I'm an FF fan. Not having the chance to play 11, I'm curious to see how 14 will turn out.
jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jakarai
Member since 2008 • 4289 Posts

[QUOTE="Abicus7"]

789shadow

Now that I think about it there was a rumor of an online FF coming to PS3. Just didn't know it was going to be 14 the rumor claimed it was XI but that was obviously fake to throw us off.
Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lab392
Member since 2006 • 6217 Posts

Lems have sour grapes for FFXIV, and cows have sour grapes for MGS:R. This is the way SW works.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
I

[QUOTE="thetruespin"]

vanadiel242424

Exactly, FFXI was an amazing non noob experience.

Casuals go play wow, Hardcore gamers with skill play FFXI

FACT

It's hilarious to see debating about whether or not an MMORPG is casual, when the genre itself is one of the most non-casual, complicated, and hardcore in the videogaming industry.
Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Sgt_Hale
Member since 2007 • 2257 Posts

I don't care how many there were on consoles already... that trailer was sweeeet! And there's definitely room in my gaming library for it!
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 princeofshapeir

[QUOTE="zarshack"]

[QUOTE="PC360Wii"] What do you expect? most people here value the cutscenes/story over the actual gameplay and depth/difficulty of RPGs, shrugging MMO's off because they focus on the latter more ;D , and take longer. Cant believe anyone complains about PLAYING more of a game over a longer peroid of time compared to quick bursts of damn videos.staley6565

Yeah except if you did play FFXI's main game you'd realize that 1) It did have a lot of story content and plenty of lore and dialogue to back it up...2) It was a throwback to classic FF, you'd know that if you looked at the art design, races, and class options/growth 3) The hardcore nature of the game was also reminiscent of classic NES FF in that you actually worked hard for your upgrades and spells, and that you were never truly Overpowered because there was always a tough fight waiting

Face it, your experience in MMOs being from WoW does not justify your opinion of FF Online, only recently has WoW actually developed the kind of narrative that FF Online always had with Wrath's story improvements and phased questing etc.

For those of us who enjoyed working hard with a couple friends to become truly heroic characters, XI was a blast and worth the FF numeral title, I'm done with XI right now but don't regret a second of it... WoW's definition of heroic is a fail pug AoEing down packs of crap without skill....Ulduar is the first time I actually had fun in a Wrath raid...

You can jump in WoW. WoW wins.
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#34 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

FFXIIII is on PC. Not exclusive. And FFXI blew. If you want to play an MMO, then you play the best, WoW. Why would I pay a monthly fee to waste my life playing an inferior MMO?

BioShockOwnz
where was it say that it was comming to the PC? and it's FF XIV not FF XIIII
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 princeofshapeir
[QUOTE="FloWeN-UK"]

Zenkuso
It comments like these that show how few people really got to the point in final fantasy where it became awesome, the end game on XI dominants any other mmo on the market, wow still isn't even close to it.

And yet WoW has ten times the amount of subscribers than FFXI. Perhaps because, I don't know: the game is more fun?
RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

[QUOTE="staley6565"]

[QUOTE="zarshack"] i dont need another MMO to chew up 3 years of my life like WoW did, what annoys me most is that its called FFXIV... seriously just call it FF online, its not a friggen main game in the series.

princeofshapeir

By your logic onimusha sucks :shock:

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 princeofshapeir

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="staley6565"]

RoOodriGowW

Onimusha isn't an MMO, is it? I'm saying that such a small feature creates a HUGE difference in a genre known for being slow and repetitive at times. The freedom of movement in WoW (jumping, swimming, flying, etc.) makes it stand apart from its point-and-click peers.
fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#38 fixer293
Member since 2003 • 4770 Posts

[QUOTE="PC360Wii"][QUOTE="thetruespin"]I would understand the hate if we were drowning on MMORPGs.. but there is not a single one available on consoles... and if they can get the interface down, this could be amazing.. I mean, everyone loves ONLINE multiplayer... everyone loves FINAL FANTASY... and then you combine the two things we gamers love and somehow we get FAIL?? Seriously???thetruespin

once the e3 storm has settled... FF14 will be the envy of 360 owners everywhere...

Champions Online and the secret world say hi cow.

Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts
The problem with console MMOs is that they are just ports of PC MMOs. The only way an MMO can work right on consoles is if it's designed for consoles first and then possibly ported to the PC.
RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

[QUOTE="RoOodriGowW"]

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] You can jump in WoW. WoW wins.princeofshapeir

Onimusha isn't an MMO, is it? I'm saying that such a small feature creates a HUGE difference in a genre known for being slow and repetitive at times. The freedom of movement in WoW (jumping, swimming, flying, etc.) makes it stand apart from its point-and-click peers.

Now I got your point , yeah I agree mainly in MMO's it's very relieving to do something unusual .

Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Snagal123
Member since 2006 • 3524 Posts

Do console people even want MMOs?

The cost of making a MMO is huge and most fail anyway.

Id much prefer good singleplayer games myself.