Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#1 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

From 2000 to 2009

I agree with most of these games and I think they did a great job (and also those PC gamers who helped them make this list) . Even before watching the video , it is pretty obvious that what first two games are going to be . If interested , there is list for best 90s and 80s PC games as well . We may (or may not) get best PC games of 2010s list (2010-2014) tomorrow (if there is one , I'll update the thread) .

So, what YOU guys think about this .? Do you agree .? What are your favorite Top Ten PC games of 2000s .?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

A lot of good games have been cut out. I mean A LOT.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

A decade later and those games are still the best and nothing comes even close to dethrone them.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

picking only 10 out of a 10 year span is a bit unfair. this comes off as just click bait.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#5 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Can't watch the video right now, could someone please list the games out?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cloud_imperium
@SolidGame_basic said:

picking only 10 out of a 10 year span is a bit unfair. this comes off as just click bait.

This channel posts Top ten about everything on daily basis . It's not a click bait .

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Ugh....Half Life 2 is so overrated. One of the easiest FPS I've ever played.

My #1 would be Tribes 2.

Loading Video...

I still have it installed on my new PC....and up until about a year ago....still played it a few times a month. It's been over a decade and no other game comes close to the depth in that game or the skill required to play it. It's the game that made all other FPS boring to me for a long time...point and shoot like BF or HL....HA!!!

Try using a spinfusor or mortar cannon while you and your opponent uses jetpacks and skiing at like 100mhp - no more instant bullet death....play a real man's game!!!

Over zealous fanboyism aside....Deus Ex should be #1. I read somewhere that in numerous missions ppl found ways of completing missions in ways not even conceived by deveopers. Like using cameras or something to climb the statue of liberty mission.

Now thats awesome.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

Not really that good of a list.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

For the ones who don't want to watch the videos

80's:

1. Sim City
  2. The Oregon Trail
  3. Ultima 4: quest of the avatar
  4. Kings Quest 4
  5. Prince of Persia
  6. Wasteland
  7. Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego
  8. Sid Meier's Pirates!
  9. Maniac Mansion
  10. Leisure suit Larry in the lounge lizards

90's:

1. Starcraft
  2. Half Life
  3. Doom
  4. Diablo
  5. Myst
  6. Grim Fardango
  7. System Shock 2
  8. Quake 2
  9. Civilization
  10. Star Wars: Tie Fighter

2000's:

1. Half Life 2
  2. World Of warcraft
  3. Diablo 2
  4. Dues Ex
  5. Civilization 4
  6. Company of Heroes
  7. Baldurs Gate 2: Shadows of Amn
  8. Max Payne
  9. Sims 2
  10. Battlefield 2
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Disagree with #1

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

Woah woah woah balder's gate didn't make it in the top 10 of the 90s list?

No warcraft 3? in the new 2000-2009 list? List also seem to ignore any game that came after 2006.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#12 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Was about to flip out with no Witcher 2 but then realized it was released 2011.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PapaTrop

@jg4xchamp said:

Disagree with #1

Agreed.

I'd put it on the list, but not number 1. Plus I like how they hyped up the list as focusing only on PC exclusives, and that was the number 1 pick.

But it's not a good list anyways. It really can't be though. Take the 1000 or so good PC games of the last decade, and narrow it down to a list of the 10 best... That can't please anyone.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Cloud_imperium

@papatrop said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Disagree with #1

Agreed.

I'd put it on the list, but not number 1. Plus I like how they hyped up the list as focusing only on PC exclusives, and that was the number 1 pick.

But it's not a good list anyways. It really can't be though. Take the 1000 or so good PC games of the last decade, and narrow it down to a list of the 10 best... That can't please anyone.

At least they didn't include Call of Duty , GTA or broken ports like Dark Souls or console games like Mass Effect 2 unlike terrible list by PCGAMER.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PapaTrop

@Cloud_imperium said:

@papatrop said:

jg4xchamp said:

Disagree with #1

Agreed.

At least they didn't include Call of Duty , GTA or broken ports like Dark Souls or console games like Mass Effect 2 unlike terrible list by PCGAMER.

PC Gamer used to be good...........long ago.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts
Loading Video...

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Cloud_imperium

@papatrop said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@papatrop said:

jg4xchamp said:

Disagree with #1

Agreed.

PC Gamer used to be good...........long ago.

Agreed .

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I hate WatchMojo... that shit is addictive.

Anyhow, I thought they said right off the bat they were going to list PC exclusives, but they picked Max Payne, Morrowind, which weren't exclusives really, Morrowind was on PC a month before Xbox and Max Payne 5 months before Xbox and PlayStation. Half Life 2 also released on Xbox a year after the PC port and again with the Orange Box... nonetheless, worthy of the top 10 lists. Just saying though, if they were going to list multiplats there's much more territory they could have covered.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Cloud_imperium

@lamprey263 said:

I hate WatchMojo... that shit is addictive.

Anyhow, I thought they said right off the bat they were going to list PC exclusives, but they picked Max Payne, Morrowind, which weren't exclusives really, Morrowind was on PC a month before Xbox and Max Payne 5 months before Xbox and PlayStation. Half Life 2 also released on Xbox a year after the PC port and again with the Orange Box... nonetheless, worthy of the top 10 lists. Just saying though, if they were going to list multiplats there's much more territory they could have covered.

They meant , games that debuted on PC . Watch 80s and 90s list . They said that there too .

SNIPERclone2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SNIPERclone2
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

This is most laughable list i seen. girly sims? diablo 2 and PC COD beat Deus ex? and no STALKER? LOL

watchmojo to me is comedy channel of corrupt mainstream media gold mine.

thanks for humor my friend.

padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 padaporra
Member since 2005 • 3508 Posts

Not giving the number 1 spot to Half Life 2 would had make this list discreditable.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Battlefield 1942 is way better than BF2. both came out in the 2000's decade

No Baulder's Gate or Planescape on the 90's list.... Tie Fighter was fun but.....

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#24  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

List can't be taken seriously. Stalker is a manly badass game and better than most games on that list.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Cloud_imperium

@sniperclone2 said:

This is most laughable list i seen. girly sims? diablo 2 and PC COD beat Deus ex? and no STALKER? LOL

watchmojo to me is comedy channel of corrupt mainstream media gold mine.

thanks for humor my friend.

It is impossible to please everyone (I was also disappointed to not see Freelancer or Wing Commander 3 in 2000s and 90s list respectively) , but this list is WAY better than lists posted by LolGN and PCGAMER . At least , they chose PC games . Said websites don't even know what's the difference between Console games and PC games .

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

A solid list though in my list Stalker SOC ( or COP ) instead max payne ( still max payne great game ) , civilization V over IV ( with G&K and new world expansion ) and one of the witcher games would make the list. In fact i would probably put even Deus ex HR over deus ex ( yes i went there )

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jg4xchamp

@papatrop said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Disagree with #1

Agreed.

Wouldn't have even put it on the list

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PapaTrop

@jg4xchamp said:

@papatrop said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Disagree with #1

Agreed.

Wouldn't have even put it on the list

The game is just too long. Not to an extreme amount, but just enough that it seems almost every event/encounter in the game overstays its welcome. It really throws off the pacing of the game, and often the game is annoying or boring.

It could have definitely used more fine-tuning in that regard. So could the shooting. As much fun as the gravity gun is, I'd like it if the other guns were fun to use as well.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jg4xchamp

@papatrop said:

The game is just too long. Not to an extreme amount, but just enough that it seems almost every event/encounter in the game overstays its welcome. It really throws off the pacing of the game, and often the game is annoying or boring.

It could have definitely used more fine-tuning in that regard. So could the shooting. As much fun as the gravity gun is, I'd like it if the other guns were fun to use as well.

Word, on paper there are a lot of great things, amazing presentation, gravity gun, good variety in weapons and enemies, mad variety in terms of encounter designs as I would argue Half Life 2 has more gameplay ideas than Halo has had in all of its games put together.

The problem is that it's all tied to these dull shooting mechanics against poor ass AI, and early stretches of that game are a fucking slog. Episode 2 tighten that shit up a bit, the gunplay was still meh, but the overall pacing made it more engaging.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#30  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

My #1 would be Tribes 2.

I still have it installed on my new PC....and up until about a year ago....still played it a few times a month. It's been over a decade and no other game comes close to the depth in that game or the skill required to play it. It's the game that made all other FPS boring to me for a long time...point and shoot like BF or HL....HA!!!

Try using a spinfusor or mortar cannon while you and your opponent uses jetpacks and skiing at like 100mhp - no more instant bullet death....play a real man's game!!!

Over zealous fanboyism aside....Deus Ex should be #1. I read somewhere that in numerous missions ppl found ways of completing missions in ways not even conceived by deveopers. Like using cameras or something to climb the statue of liberty mission.

Now thats awesome.

Is Tribes 2 still alive? I played Tribes:Ascend zealously. It was the only Tribes game I ever played and it's one of the series that I hope will one day get a kickstarter or something... anything...

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Excellent list. No girly JRPGs either ofcourse. The norm for the platform of the greats. PC

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#32 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

Excellent list. No girly JRPGs either ofcourse. The norm for the platform of the greats. PC

I agree my fellow clone. You also have good taste is games.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

My #1 would be Tribes 2.

Now thats awesome.

Is Tribes 2 still alive? I played Tribes:Ascend zealously. It was the only Tribes game I ever played and it's one of the series that I hope will one day get a kickstarter or something... anything...

It's still somewhat alive. They shut down the main server and some ppl made a public login server. Usually the weekends are have a decent amount of ppl.

You can go to TribesNext download the free game and update and get playing in no time.