WatchDogs PS4 is Confirmed 1080, X1 not confirmed.

#1 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

Discuss. What's up with the Bone version we wonder? Watch_Dogs been delayed for extra polish once already from like last November.

Of course there's nuances to it. We are utilising Xbox One to its full capabilities and the same with the PS4, of course. I know that, as far as to my knowledge, on the PS4 it will run in full HD.

Source.

#2 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6137 posts) -

792p

#3 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -
#4 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8356 posts) -

Discuss. What's up with the Bone version we wonder? Watch_Dogs been delayed for extra polish once already from like last November.

Of course there's nuances to it. We are utilising Xbox One to its full capabilities and the same with the PS4, of course. I know that, as far as to my knowledge, on the PS4 it will run in full HD.

Source.

Dat weaksauce Bonaire POS...

#5 Edited by Bishop1310 (982 posts) -

The cloud beats ps4

But that AI on the X1 will be tots better so who cares! :o....

But in all seriousness if you have a pc get this game on pc. Both console version will look meh compared to what it could potentially be if you have a decent rig. X1 would be my next choice to pick it up on.. If the cloud really does improve the AI over the PS4 version.

#6 Posted by Sollet (7340 posts) -

I am gonna guess it's gonna be 720p

#7 Posted by gamespot4life (1215 posts) -

Source.

If its true that they are fully utilizing both the xbox one and ps4 already then this gen was dead from the start. The last of us remastered may be my last console game purchase then

#8 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@Bishop1310 said:

The cloud beats ps4

But that AI on the X1 will be tots better so who cares! :o....

But in all seriousness if you have a pc get this game on pc. Both console version will look meh compared to what it could potentially be if you have a decent rig. X1 would be my next choice to pick it up on.. If the cloud really does improve the AI over the PS4 version.

Article from the 4th of July last year lol. Has there been any word since? I believe that's also before it was delayed so who knows what was broken. But I agree, the Xbone version should be using the cloud seeing as they tout so much about it.

#9 Posted by gpuking (2761 posts) -

Bone will be 765p and sub 30fps I'm betting. I consider WD graphically better than AC4, so if Bone runs the latter in 900p then it's certainly gonna struggle with WD.

#10 Edited by kipsta77 (935 posts) -

But that 30fps. Damn. Unacceptable.

Believe me when I say you want a constant 60fps regardless of the resolution.

Pre-purchased on Steam anyways. 1080p, 60+fps maxed. This game deserves it.

#11 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

Source.

If its true that they are fully utilizing both the xbox one and ps4 already then this gen was dead from the start. The last of us remastered may be my last console game purchase then

devs say bs like that all the time. Don't the games at the start of last gen compared to the end of it last year speak otherwise of such comments? This gen has been going mere months, son.

#12 Edited by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

Would rather the PS4 version was 900p or even 720p if it meant a solid 60fps...

Although on second thought, an open world game like this could get by well enough at 30fps so long as it was rocksteady

#13 Posted by 2mrw (4957 posts) -

754.23P .... Quote me on that :D

#14 Edited by lglz1337 (3128 posts) -

ps4 doing the 1080p streaks Xbone doing 793.17p 29.9 fps

ps4 definitive version confirmed on consoles

#15 Posted by slaves (1170 posts) -

@2mrw said:

#16 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4060 posts) -

360p with no AA.

#17 Posted by blamix (192 posts) -

Awesome to have a ps4, feel sorry for those who are gettin this on X1

#18 Posted by donalbane (16201 posts) -

I'm guessing 900p.

#19 Posted by Heil68 (43436 posts) -

PS4 shows again why it's THE place for console multi plats this gen.

#20 Edited by FastRobby (1245 posts) -
@Heil68 said:

*for now, not for this gen.

#21 Posted by Sollet (7340 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Oh yeah the secret gpu + directx 12 + cloud power! So True!

#22 Posted by Heil68 (43436 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

For the gen. SONY has given us the world's most powerful video game console to have ever been created. Devs are in LOVE and it's showing.

By gamers for gamers, the SONY way.

#23 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70603 posts) -

792p

they probably went to Respawn to get the best possible resolution :3

#24 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2762 posts) -

So they will both be sub 60 fps and the Xbox One version will be 720p then?

#25 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23500 posts) -

last gen cows taught me that shitty multiplats were the best versions so i'm going to run it on pc at the lowest settings.

#26 Edited by Krelian-co (10365 posts) -

xbone 720p strikes again

Well at least lembots will have a more "cinematic" experience. But TEH NEW SDK! TEH NEW SOFTWARE UPDATE!

#27 Posted by FastRobby (1245 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@FastRobby said:
@Heil68 said:

For the gen. SONY has given us the world's most powerful video game console to have ever been created. Devs are in LOVE and it's showing.

By gamers, for gamers, without decent games, greatness keeps waiting.

#28 Posted by Heil68 (43436 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@FastRobby said:
@Heil68 said:

I have so many games right that I can possibly play them all. SONY is taking care of business brother.

#29 Posted by tormentos (17069 posts) -

Say so the fanboy who claim Titanfall is xbox one console exclusive...lol

The xbox one has nothing but multiplatforms until fall..lol

#30 Edited by FastRobby (1245 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

Say so the fanboy who claim Titanfall is xbox one console exclusive...lol

The xbox one has nothing but multiplatforms until fall..lol

Claims that he sees Titanfall as an Xbox One exclusive because of the extra services. Classic tormentos to twist someones words just to prove to other people he is right, haha so sad. Also we had Kinect Sport Rivals couple days ago, so again you're wrong. Not saying it's a good game, it's just fun, but it's an exclusive.

#31 Edited by lglz1337 (3128 posts) -

i just noticed the lack of lemmings in this thread

#32 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (4060 posts) -

@blamix said:

Awesome to have a ps4, feel sorry for those who are gettin this on X1

They get Kinect Sports Rivals though. #winning

#33 Posted by madskills6117 (4023 posts) -

The resolution talk was entertaining to me when it first came up and Activision was scrambling to try and hide the resolution of the X1 version of CoD: Ghost. Now it's like, as long as the games are fun I could careless if it's runs at something less then 1080p.

#34 Posted by l34052 (3124 posts) -

@2mrw said:

dont u mean 754.33p with the cloud power...

#35 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2762 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

There are like 5 in System Wars.

#36 Posted by tormentos (17069 posts) -

Claims that he sees Titanfall as an Xbox One exclusive because of the extra services. Classic tormentos to twist someones words just to prove to other people he is right, haha so sad. Also we had Kinect Sport Rivals couple days ago, so again you're wrong. Not saying it's a good game, it's just fun, but it's an exclusive.

Kinect sports you mean the game that mega bomb score wise..lol

That crap...hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

#37 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@2mrw said:

#38 Posted by Krelian-co (10365 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

There are like 5 in System Wars.

and they all deny being lems :(

#39 Posted by FastRobby (1245 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

Kinect sports you mean the game that mega bomb score wise..lol

That crap...hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You clearly can't read

#40 Edited by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

I'm guessing 900p.

That's what the rumor has been for WatchDogs on the One. Since Ryse was 900p and Titanfall is expected to update to 900p its looking like 900p is the One's sweet spot resolution wise. If 900p is what it hits at I'll be fine with that. but there's a ton of stuff about WD I'm not liking no matter what the final resolution is. I'm not sold on this game yet. But since I live in Illinois and work in downtown Chicago a part of me is dying to see just how accurate the city is in this game.

#41 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

The resolution talk was entertaining to me when it first came up and Activision was scrambling to try and hide the resolution of the X1 version of CoD: Ghost. Now it's like, as long as the games are fun I could careless if it's runs at something less then 1080p.

Same here. Resolution is the biggest I dont give a fuck that I have in gaming today. I already knew when I bought the One the hardware wasn't as powerful as the PS4, and even as the console improves as all consoles do there would be a gap performance wise that would always be there. Games and features matter more to me than resolution and graphics as the PC will never, ever lose those argumenst to any console ever. Fun, as always, is the key.

#42 Posted by lostrib (34317 posts) -

at what fps?

#43 Edited by lglz1337 (3128 posts) -

@shawn30: lol bbbut 900p is good, but 1080p is better;) only on ps4

i pay 60 for 1080p gaming

you should pay 40 for a game

#44 Posted by donalbane (16201 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@donalbane said:

I'm guessing 900p.

That's what the rumor has been for WatchDogs on the One. Since Ryse was 900p and Titanfall is expected to update to 900p its looking like 900p is the One's sweet spot resolution wise. If 900p is what it hits at I'll be fine with that. but there's a ton of stuff about WD I'm not liking no matter what the final resolution is. I'm not sold on this game yet. But since I live in Illinois and work in downtown Chicago a part of me is dying to see just how accurate the city is in this game.

My friend lives there, and he saw his office in downtown Chi-town. He's sold... he'd probably buy it if it were a dating sim.

#45 Edited by mems_1224 (46507 posts) -

Meh, Ill be playing the superior PC version.

#46 Posted by lostrib (34317 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@shawn30: lol bbbut 900p is good, but 1080p is better;) only on ps4

i pay 60 for 1080p gaming

you should pay 40 for a game

Nope

#47 Posted by lostrib (34317 posts) -

Only if the game actually turns out to be good

#48 Posted by mems_1224 (46507 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@mems_1224 said:

I hope so. Im probably gonna wait for a sale. I refuse to pay $60 for most games now.

#49 Posted by lostrib (34317 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@mems_1224 said:

I hope so. Im probably gonna wait for a sale. I refuse to pay $60 for most games now.

Well so do I, but with GMG, I've yet to pay $60 for a game I bought at launch

#50 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@donalbane said:

I'm guessing 900p.

My friend lives there, and he saw his office in downtown Chi-town. He's sold... he'd probably buy it if it were a dating sim.

One of the flyovers in the most recent trailer from a bridge next to a train station, and I gotta say I take the train downtown everyday to Union Train Station and it looked exactly the same down. That caught my eye bigtime.