Watch Dogs - Xbox One or PS4?

• 101 results
#1 Edited by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

Wassup guys! Ok so we know the definite choice is the PC if you can run it. But what about between the two consoles, which version will have the clear advantage and why?

Watch Dogs on PS4 may have the better resolution and graphical advantage over the One (have these been confirmed?), but I've also heard sites claiming the world might feel more dynamic and alive on the Xbox One because of the Cloud.

So, System Wars let's say you owned both consoles (like I said above this is between the consoles, I know PC is the best). Which version would you purchase Watch Dogs on, and why?

#2 Posted by GotNugz (637 posts) -

Obviously the ps4 version will be best like in 90% of all multi platform games. People still believe in the cloud?

#3 Posted by intotheminx (356 posts) -

I would imagine the PS4, but I haven't found what resolution Watch Dogs will run on either console.

#4 Posted by Heil68 (42650 posts) -

@GotNugz said:

Obviously the ps4 version will be best like in 90% of all multi platform games. People still believe in the cloud?

I'm thinking 90% is a conservative estimate.

#5 Posted by c0mplex (15382 posts) -

Xbox One man. Microsoft's cloud will not only make it better looking than the PC version, but it will continually improve in graphics as Microsoft adds more cloud.

#6 Posted by GearsOfWarLover (573 posts) -

Probably will be very similar, but judging how Ubisoft is always showing off the PC or the PS4 version imma have to guess PS4 version is best version (on console of course)

#7 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9270 posts) -

The Cloud will instill discipline in our children. Everyone will know discipline.

#8 Posted by lostrib (31568 posts) -

It's probably going to PS4

#9 Posted by clyde46 (43562 posts) -

I'm still torn, do I keep my pre-order for the PS4 version or get it on PC...

#10 Posted by GotNugz (637 posts) -

@Heil68: to be fair strider, and some other game I can't think of at the moment somehow ran better on the bone. So let's call it 95%

#11 Posted by GotNugz (637 posts) -

@clyde46: Well if you have a powerful pc the answer should he obvious, what are your specs?

#12 Posted by clyde46 (43562 posts) -

@GotNugz said:

@clyde46: Well if you have a powerful pc the answer should he obvious, what are your specs?

2600K, 8GB of RAM, GTX780Ti, GT430 PhysX etc.

#13 Posted by silversix_ (13577 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@GotNugz said:

with the amazing capabilities of Ubi's optimization team, you'll need to get at least two more 780ti's if you want to play the game

#14 Posted by clyde46 (43562 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@GotNugz said:

with the amazing capabilities of Ubi's optimization team, you'll need to get at least two more 780ti's if you want to play the game

Good thing I'm getting a Titan Z this year.

#15 Posted by Vecna (3318 posts) -

Why even consider a console version when both are going to be inferior to PC?

#16 Edited by clyde46 (43562 posts) -

@Vecna said:

Not everyone has a gaming PC you spanner.

#17 Posted by mems_1224 (45746 posts) -

I mean, obviously its gonna be the PS4. Its the lead platform as far as consoles are concerned.

#18 Edited by Heil68 (42650 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

I'm still torn, do I keep my pre-order for the PS4 version or get it on PC...

PS4 then maybe we can play some online together with @TheEroica!

#19 Posted by commonfate (11841 posts) -

Ti-84 edition or bust!

I'm actually waiting for the Wii U version.

#20 Edited by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

@Vecna said:

Can you not read? I said I KNOW the PC version is the best, but now let's allow the consoles to battle it out. I don't get what part you don't comprehend?

#21 Edited by clyde46 (43562 posts) -

I mean, obviously its gonna be the PS4. Its the lead platform as far as consoles are concerned.

#22 Edited by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@silversix_ said:

@clyde46 said:

@GotNugz said:

Good thing I'm getting a Titan Z this year.

He's joking about needing 2 more 780's only because Ubi's Ultra specs recommendations are crazy. Anyways you'll be able to max it out (yes with the Ultra preset) just fine with your rig.

#23 Posted by Tighaman (709 posts) -

resolution ps4 1080 p

Still going to look better overall on the x1

#24 Edited by Basinboy (10924 posts) -

On a pure performance level, probably PS4

Wholly depends on Ubisoft's programmers and their ability to maximize the eSRAM in X1. Most devs have lowered the overall resolution on X1 in order to achieve better performance because of their unfamiliarity with how to program the eSRAM efficiently. In time, they'll figure it out.

Honestly, it's not a game to worry over the "best" version. It's a multiplat you buy for whichever platform you're already invested in.

#25 Edited by tacoma1972 (82 posts) -

Ps4. Xbox will have inferior resolution and frame rate issues. Thats what happens when you have weak ass hardware.

#26 Posted by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

@Basinboy said:

Honestly, it's not a game to worry over the "best" version. It's a multiplat you buy for whichever platform you're already invested in.

I really like this answer actually, well said.

#27 Edited by sailor232 (4261 posts) -

It doesnt seem like they have shown any xbox one footage so I'll have to say the Ps4 version is the one I'd buy. Of course I'm getting it for my pc but I'm playing by the rules here.

#28 Edited by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -
#29 Edited by handssss (1624 posts) -

even though it's pretty much guaranteed that the ps4 version will look the same or better, I'd go with it. If I decide to play the MP any, I'll have people to play it with and ps4 version gets extra content.

also, I'm pretty sure that dynamic city comment was just comparing the Xbone version to 360.

#30 Posted by Cloud_imperium (1793 posts) -

Can't say for sure , since we haven't seen anything related to Xbox One version so far . Yes , the resolution will be better on PS4 but what about textures , particle effects , draw distance etc . As you said , the definitive choice is PC but as far as consoles go I think PS4 is the way to go so far (still not sure since there haven't been any footage of Xbox One)

#31 Posted by Evo_nine (1575 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@GotNugz said:

Why are you contemplating what platform to buy it on when you have a kickass pc?

#32 Posted by kipsta77 (900 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@GotNugz said:

Are you serious man? Cancel dat sheit now!

#33 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2570 posts) -

I have a 3770k, GTX690, 16GB of RAM and a 1440p monitor. Obviously the Xbox One version here. Just kidding. I want to see what the Wii U version has to offer.

#34 Edited by SolidTy (41494 posts) -

If it looks like it's going to rain when I go to buy it, then I'll buy it on Xbone for the added "cloud" power.

Actually, I'm probably never going to buy this game.

#35 Posted by speedfog (2854 posts) -

Wii U

#36 Posted by happyduds77 (1367 posts) -

Get the PC version. The exclusive deals for the PS4 version are not worth it.

#37 Posted by FastRobby (780 posts) -

Probably will be very similar, but judging how Ubisoft is always showing off the PC or the PS4 version imma have to guess PS4 version is best version (on console of course)

Ubisoft already said that they showed the PS4 versions mostly because of the deal they have with Sony. But still the PS4 will probably look better than the Xbox One version.

#38 Posted by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

All multiplats should be brought on PS4

#39 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5466 posts) -

Considering I only have a PS4 my choice is pretty simple.

#40 Edited by cainetao11 (15841 posts) -

I already got it paid off for X1, so I'll stick with it. A couple of army pals are getting it there so I'll stay on console.

#41 Posted by PAL360 (26567 posts) -

@Vecna said:

Even the 360 will run this game better than my PC.

#42 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16053 posts) -

@c0mplex said:

Xbox One man. Microsoft's cloud will not only make it better looking than the PC version, but it will continually improve in graphics as Microsoft adds more cloud.

Yes, the reason Ubisoft has only showed of the PS4 and PC version of Watch Dogs is because they are scared that the Xbone footage will blow people's minds, literally, thanks to the power of the cloud.

#43 Posted by Vecna (3318 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Vecna said:

Maybe they should upgrade instead of wasting money on a weak ass stripped down pc.

Probably wasting my time on an oxygen deprived fanboy who likes to ignore pc so they can talk about the laughable power of the PS4 compared to XBO.

You crayon eaters dog the Xbone when the PS4 is hardly a leap ahead of it. They are both crap. If your going to get the console version it doesn't matter which one you get, they both are a joke.

#44 Edited by remiks00 (1533 posts) -

I haven't seen footage of the Xbox One version. So, with that said,... it's obvious that the Wii U version will most likely be the best.

#45 Posted by aroxx_ab (9129 posts) -

@Vecna said:

Console gaming most the times give better experience, no game crashes and driver problems etc, just plug in the disc and play in your couch

#46 Posted by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

@Vecna said:

@clyde46 said:

@Vecna said:

Maybe they should upgrade instead of wasting money on a weak ass stripped down pc.

Probably wasting my time on an oxygen deprived fanboy who likes to ignore pc so they can talk about the laughable power of the PS4 compared to XBO.

You crayon eaters dog the Xbone when the PS4 is hardly a leap ahead of it. They are both crap. If your going to get the console version it doesn't matter which one you get, they both are a joke.

Gaming is a privilege not a right. Not everyone has the money to spend upgrading or even building a PC. I'm very grateful I own all the consoles and a decent gaming PC, some people don't have that kind of money to spend on gaming anymore.

No need to be so hostile and angry man, we're just discussing which version out of the two will be better. Obviously the PC version is the best - so why create problems when there is none?

#47 Posted by blamix (192 posts) -

PS4 of course, the X1 version will just look a little better than the ps3 and xbox360

#48 Posted by Netret0120 (1889 posts) -

If i could afford it I would buy the PC version.

#49 Posted by Cyberdot (3510 posts) -

Console wise, obviously the PS4. It has superior multiplats given more brake horse power under the bonnet.

#50 Edited by Desmonic (12666 posts) -

WiiU will clearly be the version to get!