Watch Dogs (Wii U) Launching Fall 2014

  • 86 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -
@Nengo_Flow said:

@FlamesOfGrey said:

I am REALLY surprised it didn't get cancelled. Good for Wii U owners who don't own a PS4/X1/PC.

the game is also on PS3 360

True but I expect the Wii U version to be the worst selling version by far especially since it's coming out months later.

#52 Posted by santoron (7857 posts) -

They certainly aren't doing this version any favors releasing months after 5 other platforms receive it. But if the game is good, I'm sure this will be welcomed by WiiU only gamers.

#53 Posted by silversix_ (15329 posts) -

cool but who in their right mind would buy this version if they own a bone, pc or ps4? and we all know there's no such thing as WiiU only owners

#54 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4793 posts) -

Interesting. Very interested to see what they can do on the Wii U CPU.

#55 Edited by DocSanchez (1789 posts) -

@bbkkristian: You're confusing the reason with the outcome. Nintendo don't get third party. If that's important, I don''t rely on Nintendo. There are a whole host of reasons for this: They don't sell, because people who buy the third party don't buy Nintendo, because of the way they have been treated by Nintendo the systems are poorly supported. It's a long standing vicious circle. But as a gamer, the only important thing is, if I want third party Wii U isn't the place to go. Neither was wii. Neither for a large part was gamecube although it wasn't nearly as bad.

#56 Posted by nini200 (10103 posts) -

Bummer. Releasing the same window as Smash Bros. They just shot themselves in the foot again.

#57 Posted by osan0 (12878 posts) -

this really should have been a wiiu exclsuive launch title (from nintendos perspective). this would have made a lot of people sit up and take notice. the wiiu badly needs a game to show off what the gamepad can add and this could have been it. it wouldnt have looked as nice of course but...meh.

alas nope. its the also ran version. hopefully ubisoft do a good job integrating the controller and keeping the gameplay smooth.

PC version for me though.

#58 Posted by foxhound_fox (89875 posts) -

I'm surprised people are even interested in Watch Dogs anymore. Ubisoft has done nothing to generate hype for the game in over a year now.

#59 Posted by CTR360 (7266 posts) -

i buy the PS4 version

#60 Posted by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

No doubt it will be the worse version with poor support, never mind the sales. I wont be suprised if the game is half baked for Wii U owners.
This game is made for X1, PS4 and PC.

#61 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7775 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

cool but who in their right mind would buy this version if they own a bone, pc or ps4? and we all know there's no such thing as WiiU only owners

I'm getting it on Wii U. Electric is expensive where I live and there's a big difference in the bill if I play my Wii U more than my PC. Wii U versions of games, thus far, tend to be in the "good enough" territory. I may double dip later on when the PC version gets a reduced price.

#62 Edited by KBFloYd (14427 posts) -

@CTR360 said:

i buy the PS4 version

i would too if i had a ps4...there nothing else to play.

#63 Edited by locopatho (20443 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@FlamesOfGrey said:

I am REALLY surprised it didn't get cancelled. Good for Wii U owners who don't own a PS4/X1/PC.

i dont own a nogamestation4 or an x1 and its not good for me.

in fact. i dont give a shit.

im buying it to support idiot 3rd parties on wiiu because i know other gamers cry in their pillows when wiiu misses out on another generic ass game.

Lol. I love how crazy you are.

#64 Edited by Speak_Low (1171 posts) -

Poor Ubisoft Bucharest must be using colorful Romanian curse words right now after being assigned this worthless project. Waste of time, and for unappreciative gamers who won't even be buying it anyways. Even if it was released on the same day with equal features it would still sell the worst. That's what Nintendo gets for purposefully releasing uninteresting, underpowered last-gen tech and an overhyped Gamepad accessory that went nowhere. Reward: overwhelming neglect and third-rate treatment. All deserved.

Ubisoft probably wants at least half a million units sold of the Wii U version to make it worth their while, but they will not likely see anything past a sorry 150k worldwide, if even that. The Wii U version of AC IV sold less than 200k while the PS4 version sold over over 1.5 million units.

Pathetic in 2013. Pathetic in 2014. Annually pathetic

#65 Posted by DocSanchez (1789 posts) -

@speak_low: Must be like working in North Korea's propaganda village. A thankless task long past the point of being relevant but politically impossible to open up the truth about.

#66 Edited by KBFloYd (14427 posts) -

@speak_low said:

Poor Ubisoft Bucharest must be using colorful Romanian curse words right now after being assigned this worthless project. Waste of time, and for unappreciative gamers who won't even be buying it anyways. Even if it was released on the same day with equal features it would still sell the worst. That's what Nintendo gets for purposefully releasing uninteresting, underpowered last-gen tech and an overhyped Gamepad accessory that went nowhere. Reward: overwhelming neglect and third-rate treatment. All deserved.

Ubisoft probably wants at least half a million units sold of the Wii U version to make it worth their while, but they will not likely see anything past a sorry 150k worldwide, if even that. The Wii U version of AC IV sold less than 200k while the PS4 version sold over over 1.5 million units.

Pathetic in 2013. Pathetic in 2014. Annually pathetic

it wont sell because there is no 3rd party precedent on wiiu... there is no garuntee for anything regarding 3rd party unless its exclusive...people have been buying 3rd party on sony ever since the ps1...and on xbox since 2006. they are more comfortable buying that crap there.

#67 Posted by wiifan001 (18449 posts) -

Terrible.
All other platforms are releasing earlier by at least a few months and the Wii U version won't even be the definitive version.

Considering this and Mario Kart 8 are about the only titles worth anyone cares about for the 6 months good grief is the Wii U hard to take notice to

#68 Edited by superbuuman (3066 posts) -

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

@silversix_ said:

cool but who in their right mind would buy this version if they own a bone, pc or ps4? and we all know there's no such thing as WiiU only owners

I'm getting it on Wii U. Electric is expensive where I live and there's a big difference in the bill if I play my Wii U more than my PC. Wii U versions of games, thus far, tend to be in the "good enough" territory. I may double dip later on when the PC version gets a reduced price.

Same buying Wii U version...will wait for Steam sale GOTY edition for PC version. ;)

#69 Posted by superbuuman (3066 posts) -

@nini200 said:

Bummer. Releasing the same window as Smash Bros. They just shot themselves in the foot again.

? thought smash bros wii u is in winter US/summer AU, Watch Dogs wii u is slated "Fall/autumn US...so should be Spring in AU. :p

#70 Edited by Speak_Low (1171 posts) -

@DocSanchez said:

@speak_low: Must be like working in North Korea's propaganda village. A thankless task long past the point of being relevant but politically impossible to open up the truth about.

lol, very good analogy.

And I see others are now complaining that Nintendo has difficulty selling third-party (yes they do) and somehow Sony is playing dirty in the way they easily sell third-party. Like Nintendo is some white knight who won't reduce themselves to that debased playing field. Give me a break!

It's 2014, and if you still can't figure out why Nintendo struggles whereas Sony succeeds with third-party, you really need a wake-up call. It's been mentioned many times these past few years (clearly and extensively) but Sheeple continue to ignore these reasons - they're too emotionally attached to these Nintendo consoles to admit certain things that are plain as day.

PS3 struggled at the beginning coming off of the highly successful PS2, and they turned it around like a company should. Now the old PS3 is even getting games that are skipping the newer Wii U

Nintendo is moronic and sits on old excuses and can't change - what's worse is they had many chances to easily fix their misguided decisions the past.

How sad it must be for Ubisoft to work on a game that is guaranteed to hurt them financially and waste their time. This type of developer valor for a lame, damage-inducing console - all to temporarily placate a whiny fanbase who aren't going to buy it anyways - deserves some sort of medal

#71 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5085 posts) -

better late than never

better than missing out

still - poor form

#72 Posted by kenakuma (3317 posts) -

@Suppaman100: Pffft that'd be freaking awesome! That'd be a version on a nintendo console I'd actually buy!

#73 Posted by KBFloYd (14427 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

better late than never

better than missing out

still - poor form

missing out on what?

#74 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5085 posts) -
@KBFloYd said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

better late than never

better than missing out

still - poor form

missing out on what?

watch dogs

or is there an implication there, that missing out on watch dogs is missing out on nothing? if yes, no worries man. we don't all like the same games.

by the way how's your new job going?

#75 Posted by Joedgabe (5131 posts) -

Much better than nothing that's for sure... still.. whether Watch Dog's is a good game or not we've yet to see.

#76 Edited by m_machine024 (15076 posts) -

Hmm I'm interested in how they use the gamepad tho. Hopefully it's for more than just a map. :P

#77 Posted by Heil68 (46199 posts) -

I hope it sells well, barbecue if it doesn't the shitty 3rd party suppor for the WiiUt could get even worse.

#78 Edited by KBFloYd (14427 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:
@KBFloYd said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

better late than never

better than missing out

still - poor form

missing out on what?

watch dogs

or is there an implication there, that missing out on watch dogs is missing out on nothing? if yes, no worries man. we don't all like the same games.

by the way how's your new job going?

missing oout on watch dogs? ahahah

my job? do i know you?

#79 Edited by KBFloYd (14427 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

I hope it sells well, barbecue if it doesn't the shitty 3rd party suppor for the WiiUt could get even worse.

worse? you mean it can get as shitty as sonys 1st party? *shudder*

im gonna buy two copies of watchdogs

#80 Edited by nini200 (10103 posts) -

@superbuuman said:

@nini200 said:

Bummer. Releasing the same window as Smash Bros. They just shot themselves in the foot again.

? thought smash bros wii u is in winter US/summer AU, Watch Dogs wii u is slated "Fall/autumn US...so should be Spring in AU. :p

You know what, you can go lick a lollipop :P lol

#81 Edited by Heil68 (46199 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@Heil68 said:

I hope it sells well, barbecue if it doesn't the shitty 3rd party suppor for the WiiUt could get even worse.

worse? you mean it can get as shitty as sonys 1st party? *shudder*

im gonna buy two copies of watchdogs

hhaha yeah, the WiiU has GREAT 3rd part support..hahahahaah

#82 Posted by KBFloYd (14427 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@KBFloYd said:

@Heil68 said:

I hope it sells well, barbecue if it doesn't the shitty 3rd party suppor for the WiiUt could get even worse.

worse? you mean it can get as shitty as sonys 1st party? *shudder*

im gonna buy two copies of watchdogs

hhaha yeah, the WiiU has GREAT 3rd part support..hahahahaah

what are you laughing at alvin? did simon and theadore find another article on the last gaurdian release date?

#83 Posted by Pray_to_me (2965 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@Heil68 said:

At least they're getting it. Mark your calendar guys, the WiiU got a 3rd party game!

Yes!

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

Can't see anyone buying this version unless they only own a Wii U. Would rather have the 360 or PS3 version.

Eh. I'm getting the PC version, but I'd get the Wii U version if the only other options were the 360 and PS3 versions.

Why? The last Ubisoft game (AC4) was worst on WiiU. DIgital Foundry:

“The Wii U version consistently falls 6-10fps behind the 360 and PS3 releases, resulting in a jerky, often uneven update and a profound, unsatisfying reduction in controller response. Combined with the GamePad’s twitchy analogue sticks, the low frame-rate makes frantically running across rooftops and chasing down targets a frustrating affair, the net result being that we’d often have to repeat some missions multiple times – something that wasn’t much of a problem on 360, and with no issues at all when playing at 60fps on the PC version of the game.”

Yikes. Someone needs to take the WiiU to the barn and put that PoS down. Nintendo could compensate WiiU owners by giving them a voucher for Mario Kart ioS edition.

#84 Posted by kenakuma (3317 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@Heil68 said:

I hope it sells well, barbecue if it doesn't the shitty 3rd party suppor for the WiiUt could get even worse.

worse? you mean it can get as shitty as sonys 1st party? *shudder*

im gonna buy two copies of watchdogs

God forbid 1st party support consist of something other than platformers. I should hope Nintendo has mastered that genre by now, they've had like 5 console generations to do so.

Funny thing is, the most creative platformer I've played in years was little big planet, a Sony offering. It may have had its faults but damn was it fun as shit, especially with friends, and huuuuuuge breathe of fresh air from Mario, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Yoshi...

Nintendo needs to grow a pair and try something new software wise.

#85 Posted by Heil68 (46199 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@Heil68 said:

@KBFloYd said:

@Heil68 said:

I hope it sells well, barbecue if it doesn't the shitty 3rd party suppor for the WiiUt could get even worse.

worse? you mean it can get as shitty as sonys 1st party? *shudder*

im gonna buy two copies of watchdogs

hhaha yeah, the WiiU has GREAT 3rd part support..hahahahaah

what are you laughing at alvin? did simon and theadore find another article on the last gaurdian release date?

I know it sucks, that the WiiU is missing out on so many games. Why do you think that really is? Weak hardware? Weak Online? Weak sales? Hope Project X doesn't get canceled, that's a game I really want.

#86 Posted by VERTIGO47 (6303 posts) -

Good news for WiiU only owners.

@KBFloYd I don't understand the hate? At least you're getting a 3rd party game, dude.

#87 Edited by lamprey263 (24711 posts) -

Getting the last port is going to hurt its chances on the Wii U, more than just being on the Wii U anyways, plus the game is bound to be discounted by Fall 2014 for the other consoles, where it'll be full price on the Wii U when it releases on there, another factor which will further hurt its chances.