Watch Dogs - What are you buying it for?

Posted by Liquid_ (3050 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Watch Dogs - What are you buying it for? (165 votes)

PC 38%
PS4 31%
Xbox One 13%
PS3 1%
360 0%
Wii-U 2%
not buying it 14%
too busy with GTA V 0%

With annoying frame rates and low quality picture on next-gen consoles, what system/console are you buying it for?

Made a 2nd thread with poll.

#101 Edited by Snugenz (12915 posts) -

@KillzoneSnake said:

No buy. I don't fall into hype fails.

Says a guy called KillzoneSnake...

#102 Posted by foxhound_fox (91144 posts) -

@Liquid_ said:

@foxhound_fox:

far cry 3 won goty

ac black flag was one of the nominees last year

how are ubisofts games hyped when they exceed expectations?

Where did FC3 win GOTY?

ACIV was apparently great (I haven't played it myself) but it's not hard to "exceed expectations" after a stinker like ACIII.

#103 Posted by donalbane (16379 posts) -

I was planning on getting the PS4 version, but after seeing how much worse it would look, I decided to upgrade my GPU from a 580 to a 780, which comes with a free copy of the game. I doubt I will get the 'preorder bonus', which is mildly upsetting.

#104 Posted by always_explicit (3132 posts) -

@Ghost120x said:

PS4. I'm waiting for reviews though because I have a creeping suspicion this might flop.

Xbox one here, but yeah...This ^^^^^^

Seen a few gameplay videos now and the world just looks so robotic and dead. Hopefully some reviews can prove me wrong :)

#105 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5772 posts) -

PS4 if I do decide to get it. I'm waiting on reviews since it could go either way. I haven't been this undecided about a game in awhile.

#106 Posted by SteXmaN (504 posts) -

PC in 1080p and i expect 50-60 fps ultra settings without TXAA.I will use some other type of AA or/with SweetFX.

#107 Edited by KillzoneSnake (1881 posts) -
@Snugenz said:

@KillzoneSnake said:

As the honest guy that i am... i admit i fell for that hype, but not falling for this one :)

#108 Edited by TheFlush (5700 posts) -

PS4, maybe PC.

#109 Edited by coasterguy65 (6377 posts) -

Was pretty excited about this game at first, but as it's progressed I've become less and less excited. Right now it is impressing me as GTA with hacking. So with that and knowing Ubisoft's history of over hyping, and not delivering. I will probably wait and see how it all works out before buying it. If I do pick it up it will probably be for the PS4, or on sale on the PC down the road. It will probably be $29 on Steam in a month or two anyway.

#110 Posted by Ballroompirate (23866 posts) -

If I do get it, it will probably be for PC.

#111 Edited by Liquid_ (3050 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

@Liquid_ said:

@foxhound_fox:

far cry 3 won goty

ac black flag was one of the nominees last year

how are ubisofts games hyped when they exceed expectations?

Where did FC3 win GOTY?

ACIV was apparently great (I haven't played it myself) but it's not hard to "exceed expectations" after a stinker like ACIII.

it won GOTY on gamespot people's choice (which is all that matters)

watch dogs will win goty this year too. just like I called fc3 winning 2012

#112 Posted by Liquid_ (3050 posts) -

@KillzoneSnake said:
@Snugenz said:

@KillzoneSnake said:

As the honest guy that i am... i admit i fell for that hype, but not falling for this one :)

so you fell for a game that had no gameplay variance while watch dogs does? solid perception.

#113 Posted by darkangel115 (2363 posts) -

xbox one 1st and if its really good i'll double dip on PC. i was going to get the PS4 version so i have games to play on it. but after the whole 1080p/60FPS BS sony listed on their site, i decided not to.

#114 Edited by lostrib (44043 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

xbox one 1st and if its really good i'll double dip on PC. i was going to get the PS4 version so i have games to play on it. but after the whole 1080p/60FPS BS sony listed on their site, i decided not to.

So you decided to go with the even crappier version?

#115 Edited by darkangel115 (2363 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@darkangel115 said:

Pretty much. I'm not a fan of PC gaming, but i have a PC that's capable. So I always choose between the Xbox or PS4 version. Just personal preference.

#116 Posted by Liquid_ (3050 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

@lostrib said:

@darkangel115 said:

Pretty much. I'm not a fan of PC gaming, but i have a PC that's capable. So I always choose between the Xbox or PS4 version. Just personal preference.

logic.

#117 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

Watch_Dogs: First Legit Review Gives it a 19 out of 20; Calls it “Almost Perfect,” Criticizes Story

story article comes from france and is translated by some redditor.

#118 Edited by lostrib (44043 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

Watch_Dogs: First Legit Review Gives it a 19 out of 20; Calls it “Almost Perfect,” Criticizes Story

story article comes from france and is translated by some redditor.

that embargo until the 27th is bullshit though. It makes everyone uneasy

#119 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

@lostrib: yes i'm not really a fan of embargoes, nor reviews in general (well, specifically scores). which is pretty odd considering i just linked a review.

must be easier to sell on marketing hype than merit.

#120 Edited by lostrib (44043 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

@lostrib: yes i'm not really a fan of embargoes, nor reviews in general (well, specifically scores). which is pretty odd considering i just linked a review.

must be easier to sell on marketing hype than merit.

Well at least reviews can give me a general idea of the game quality or if it's something I'll like. And with digital download/preorder, even if the embargo lifts the day before release, I can still get the preorder

...which is odd, because I hate preorders and preorder bonuses

#121 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26273 posts) -

Was gonna get it on Wii-U for dat sweet off-tv play, but now I'll get it on PC when it goes on sale since Ubi delayed the Wii-U version until who knows when.

#122 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

@lostrib: yeah man. i'm finding it quite weird how watch_dogs it getting me to compromise all my pre-order / GameReview principles!

#123 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (9468 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@darkangel115 said:

#124 Edited by lostrib (44043 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@lostrib said:

@darkangel115 said:

it looks like jake gylenhall is having a stroke

#125 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (5459 posts) -

No plans just yet, but the PC when I do.

#126 Posted by 22Toothpicks (11404 posts) -

PS4 for me.

#127 Edited by illmatic87 (15639 posts) -

On PC through Uplay.

:D

:)

:I

:/

:S

:(

@:C

#128 Posted by foxhound_fox (91144 posts) -

@Liquid_ said:

it won GOTY on gamespot people's choice (which is all that matters)

watch dogs will win goty this year too. just like I called fc3 winning 2012

#129 Posted by Priapus10101 (119 posts) -

Will purchase this game on PC when it goes on sale for less than $5 unless the game receives rave reviews. We shall see.