Watch Dogs - What are you buying it for?

Posted by Liquid_ (2995 posts) 1 year, 11 days ago

Poll: Watch Dogs - What are you buying it for? (165 votes)

PC 38%
PS4 31%
Xbox One 13%
PS3 1%
360 0%
Wii-U 2%
not buying it 14%
too busy with GTA V 0%

With annoying frame rates and low quality picture on next-gen consoles, what system/console are you buying it for?

Made a 2nd thread with poll.

#51 Posted by MdBrOtha04 (1824 posts) -

I'll be getting it for the PC but I bought a 20 foot, HDMI cable and a USB extension cable so I can play it on my TV and wired 360 controller.

I was playing Crysis 3 yesterday like this. I've never seen a better looking game on my TV.
During the game I did get a drive has stop responding crash but I figured it was due to my over clock.
I started the game right back and continued playing.

#52 Posted by hatecalledlove (1320 posts) -

PS4 for me

#53 Edited by Jankarcop (10791 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

@Jankarcop said:

@lostrib said:

@aroxx_ab said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@aroxx_ab said:

It is to much problems with PC games that need patches and not working as they should etc

Then add that "graphic driver stopped working and has been restarted" 5-6 times every day so games crash...nah PC is just for exclusives

Bro, you might want to get your PC looked at. Somebody else should do it, as you seem to be a walking disaster.

Not my fault Nvidia/Asus cant make working drivers/cards that working

I rarely get the graphics driver crash unless I've overclocked too far. Definitely sounds like it's an issue on your end if it occurs that often

You know, he's obviously baiting/trolling stop toying with him and destroy the mother fucker.

Go fuck yourself , just because you never have pc problems doesnt mean other dont have

You're a known baiter/troller though this is like me listening to LoosingEnds about multiplat gfx.

#54 Posted by Cloud_imperium (6358 posts) -

@lostrib said:

If I get it, PC of course

#55 Posted by pelvist (5246 posts) -

Already got it for PC because consoles are too much trouble.

#56 Posted by asylumni (2270 posts) -

PS4, since it'll probably look better than if I got the PC version.

#57 Edited by Sword-Demon (7001 posts) -

PC, but not until it goes to $5-10 on steam

#58 Posted by remiks00 (2526 posts) -

Getting it for PC.

#59 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

If I get it, it will be for PC.

#60 Posted by jg4xchamp (50524 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Im getting the only next gen version on PC

Yeah, but Uplay

#61 Edited by zeeshanhaider (2894 posts) -

Will get the complete edition for cheap later and of course on PC. Consolites can buy the remaster edition on PS5/X2 though.

#62 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (4110 posts) -

If the game turns out to be good then I will buy it on PC... If it doesn't then I still have Wolfenstein and Tropico 5 this month to play and how can I forget Van Helsing 2, not a shabby month of games really.

#63 Edited by finalstar2007 (25995 posts) -

PlayStation 4 the superior console

#64 Posted by kipsta77 (1119 posts) -

PC ofcoarse. Experience Chicago at it's best.

PC or nuthin'

#65 Edited by jake44 (2060 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

@lostrib said:

@aroxx_ab said:

For Ps4, PC is to much trouble with

Download, click play?

It is to much problems with PC games that need patches and not working as they should etc

Then add that "graphic driver stopped working and has been restarted" 5-6 times every day so games crash...nah PC is just for exclusives

I think you're trying to play on your toaster.

#66 Posted by thehig1 (3339 posts) -

PC, only reason to not get it on PC is if you don't have a PC good enough to run it.

#67 Posted by bigblunt537 (6874 posts) -

Just got my free Watch Dogs voucher for getting my new Nvidia card so definitely on PC. If I didn't upgrade I would've gotten it on PS4.

#68 Posted by 7MDMA (315 posts) -

The version that isn't medium settings at 900 p and 30 FPS.

#69 Edited by tdkmillsy (1712 posts) -

If its really good on PC, I'll buy it on that later in the summer when I build my new PC.

If its an average game or PC isn't that much better (looks like it could be) then I'll get it on Xbox One.

#70 Posted by Ben-Buja (2788 posts) -

I'll get the best version of course. PC

#71 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

Xbox One version, but only if the game is good. With the review embargo lifting on the games release date, that's a bit ominous. Not liking that at all.

#72 Posted by Heirren (18977 posts) -

PS4. Mainly because I bought the console and there's nothing else on it really....also the new dualshock is excellent.

I'm curious what the wiiu version looks like.

#73 Edited by Heil68 (47248 posts) -

PS4 all the way.

#74 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3913 posts) -

I was itching to buy a Xbox One game (it's been a while) but went ahead and preordered it for PS4 instead. And if this ends up anything like what I did for BF4 and Titanfall I will end up buying it on PC as well. I have a GTX 690 so I will do ok running it. I just hope the game is good. I have an iffy feeling about it for some reason.

#75 Posted by Zoomer30 (4349 posts) -

Really a no brainer: PS4 all the way. Why spend $3000 when $399 will give you the better experience? About the only reason I would consider getting a gaming PC right now is for Star Citizen and that new Elite game, simply because they are not on the PS4.

#76 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7883 posts) -

PC of course. Why on earth would I buy it for anything else?

#77 Edited by lostrib (42852 posts) -

@Zoomer30: why spend 400 when my PC already beats the PS4

#78 Edited by Alucard_Prime (3448 posts) -

For a moment I thought you meant what is the reason I'm buying the game. Getting it for XOne. I hope I'm not disappointed, for some reason I feel I am going to be.....having thrououghly played GTA5 last year, I wonder how different or better this game can be. WIll have to find out myself.......I really enjoyed DR3 and thought it was a great launch game, but WD should fare better technically speaking considering it is a 2nd generation game.......the one area that I am concerned about is the music......I wonder if you will have radio stations and how good the ost will be compared to GTA games.....music is pretty important in open world games imo and we have been spoiled by GTA.

#79 Posted by LadyBlue (3985 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

PlayStation 4 the superior console

This, but I'm going to wait for the price drop.

#80 Posted by rogelio22 (2428 posts) -

Had it preordered on ps4 but after hearing 900p 30fps medium settings... am canceling and waiting for reviews. Will get the pc version if its any good and will be playing on my 52" with the wireless 360 controller at full 1080p 60fps! Probably with aa off tho.

#81 Posted by Vatusus (5216 posts) -

Its already paid for PS4. Now I just have to wait for it to arrive

#82 Posted by foxhound_fox (90820 posts) -

Nothing. I think it's going to be a terribly overrated game that ends up being forgotten in the next few months. It was all hype from the start, and from what I've seen of it so far, I don't think I'm very far off.

I could be wrong (and honestly hope I am) but this is another hype-driven release from the masters of the craft (Ubisoft).

#83 Posted by heretrix (37525 posts) -

Hopefully I'll be buying it for 10 bucks on sale at some point. (PC)

#84 Posted by Cyberdot (3925 posts) -

PC without any questions. Why would I torture myself by getting it on a console?

#85 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2723 posts) -

Xbox One here!

#86 Posted by TLHBO (8318 posts) -

PC obviously. I won't accept anything less than 1080P in my multiplats.

#87 Posted by getyeryayasout (8523 posts) -

I'm still on the fence since I know so little about it, but if I buy it it's going to be for PS4.

#88 Posted by Animal-Mother (27137 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@aroxx_ab said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@aroxx_ab said:

Bro, you might want to get your PC looked at. Somebody else should do it, as you seem to be a walking disaster.

Not my fault Nvidia/Asus cant make working drivers/cards that working

I rarely get the graphics driver crash unless I've overclocked too far. Definitely sounds like it's an issue on your end if it occurs that often

No wonder why I get the display adapter has stopped responding

#89 Edited by Sword-Demon (7001 posts) -

@Zoomer30 said:

Really a no brainer: PS4 all the way. Why spend $3000 when $399 will give you the better experience? About the only reason I would consider getting a gaming PC right now is for Star Citizen and that new Elite game, simply because they are not on the PS4.

$3000?

where the hell did you pull that number from?

and how does the ps4 give you a better experience when the PC version looks infinitely better, runs better, and plays with whatever controller you want?

#90 Posted by AdobeArtist (23044 posts) -
@Sword-Demon said:

@Zoomer30 said:

$3000?

where the hell did you pull that number from?

and how does the ps4 give you a better experience when the PC version looks infinitely better, runs better, and plays with whatever controller you want?

Don't feed the trolls, SwordDemon ;)

#91 Edited by Heirren (18977 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

Nothing. I think it's going to be a terribly overrated game that ends up being forgotten in the next few months. It was all hype from the start, and from what I've seen of it so far, I don't think I'm very far off.

I could be wrong (and honestly hope I am) but this is another hype-driven release from the masters of the craft (Ubisoft).

I'm thinking the same thing, but I just want to see how well they modeled chicago. Literally thats my number one reason for buying it.

#92 Posted by Liquid_ (2995 posts) -

@foxhound_fox:

far cry 3 won goty

ac black flag was one of the nominees last year

how are ubisofts games hyped when they exceed expectations?

#93 Edited by Sword-Demon (7001 posts) -

@AdobeArtist:

yes sir.... :(

#94 Posted by madskills6117 (4035 posts) -

I'm picking it up for ps4.

#95 Posted by BigBadBully (697 posts) -

not buying, will wait for xbox live gold or ps+ deal in the future.

#96 Posted by EducatingU_PCMR (1124 posts) -

Master Race Edition of course.

#97 Edited by MoneySha (209 posts) -

Don't really care too much for "Ultra settings" and all that PC nonsense... just want to be able to "plug-n-play" and experience the story and gameplay... PS4 for me!

#98 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1868 posts) -

No buy. I don't fall into hype fails.

#99 Edited by AznbkdX (3576 posts) -

I'll wait for reviews before anything. If I were to buy it though... it will probably be for PC.

At one point I was actually considering WiiU... but since they are delaying it and the gamepad usage will probably not be that great, I would rather get it on the superior platform.

#100 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6256 posts) -

Wow, 360 version getting no love at all.