Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll Watch Dogs vs GTA 5 (26 votes)

GTA 5 73%
Watch Dogs 38%

Yes I know there is a thread already like this, but I want some poll results from this community.

I, personally enjoy well constructed, creative games. So it only makes sense that Watch Dogs is my choice.

I would also like to point out that this is the first IP ubisoft has attempted and it actually worked out very well with minor flaws, some people who think are major.

Ubisofts first attempt at open-world/sandbox whatever you call it has provided more innovation than GTA has since GTA 3 all the way to GTA 5. It took Rockstar close to a dozen GTA releases to finally release online play and I have to say that even that is very underwhelming.

Fanboys will be fanboys. Seems like most of you have trouble moving on.

Cannot wait for the sequel because I know Ubisoft will provide more innovation than GTA ever will in another additional 13 years.

Bring your tears, I can't wait.

• 
Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

This Thread = Apples vs Orange

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

GTA5, but Watch Dogs is a fun game and I'm enjoying it, it's just GTA5 is on another level,.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#4 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

GTA 5's 3 character switching in an open world is a bigger innovation than anything in Watch Dogs.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
@Lulu_Lulu said:

This Thread = Apples vs Orange

They are in the same genre, and play by the same exact rules of mission designs.

The differences are superficial at best. It's a whole lot of drive from point A to point B to do missions where you kill dudes, and stuff. The gimmick in GTA was bullet time and slow mo for characters, and the gimmick here is a cell phone that "hacks" things and paints the idea of "dynamic" gameplay elements which actually translates into=it's all fluff.

This is very apples to apples. A full red apple vs a green one.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@jg4xchamp

No they are not the same genre. And its how the missions are completed where these two games differe and more importantly is where the real genre is determined.

I suppose you think LA Noire's Interrogation mechanic is a gimmick too.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@jg4xchamp

No they are not the same genre. And its how the missions are completed where these two games differe and more importantly is where the real genre is determined.

They are the same genre. You do essentially the same things in both games except Watch Dogs happens to do it better

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

GTA 5's 3 character switching in an open world is a bigger innovation than anything in Watch Dogs.

Yea, that is so mind blowing. Switching between 3 characters. 13 years and thats what they come up with. Good job Rockstar

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Yeah this.

Also in GTA V i actually care and feel emotions for my 3 characters i play with. In Watch Dogs so far i dont give a shit about the character i play with.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@Liquid_

But you don't do them the same way, also the "gimmick" in Watch Dogs is is Ubiquitous throughout the entire game ! So how is it a gimmick if it the gameplay is essentially built around it ?

oh my bad.... You're not the one who said it was a gimmick.

Anyway execution is just as important as the result after all, you do the same thing in Gears of War and Splinter Cell.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45094 Posts

Don't mind Lulu Lulu, he likes being obstinate

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@jg4xchamp

You go from place to place to kill dudes. Except instead of a gun, sometimes you can be sneaky and break necks in Watchdogs.

LA Noire is completely different all together. It's a freakin adventure game where you can be incompetent at the detective work with no real impunity. Structure and mission design wise though GTA 5 and WatchDogs are similar. Watchdogs wouldn't pass as a stealth game, at best it would be a really shallow one. They are both open world action games that carry all the tropes associate with an open world action game.

vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts

Watch Dogs doesn't come close to GTAV.

The characters alone are way better than Watch Dogs. I find most of the characters in Watch Dogs to be bland, specially Aiden.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lulu_Lulu

@jg4xchamp

See ? You don't even Need me ! :)

you know just how different they are. And its alil more than "Simetimes"

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@Liquid_ said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Yea, that is so mind blowing. Switching between 3 characters. 13 years and thats what they come up with. Good job Rockstar

it's actually pretty freakin huge. each character does their own thing when you aren't playing as them and you can even run character into each other at times. The effect the 3 viewpoints had on missions allowed for much more diversity and options than ever before.

Honestly, if every GTA from now on doesn't have multiple characters, I might feel slightly underwhelmed.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I've been calling it for AGES. Nintendo needs to enter the open world with WARIO!!!!

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

@handssss said:

@Liquid_ said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

it's actually pretty freakin huge. each character does their own thing when you aren't playing as them and you can even run character into each other at times. The effect the 3 viewpoints had on missions allowed for much more diversity and options than ever before.

Honestly, if every GTA from now on doesn't have multiple characters, I might feel slightly underwhelmed.

Ok, the 3 viewpoints were big for GTA and open world games in general, but that is only in its potential. It really did not affect missions that much. Now if I was able to call Trevor ( by choice not due to the script) switch to him during the call and be in control of him while he is taking a shit, hang up and get dressed, fly a helicopter there and then take out the assholes and hear Michael say, " About damn time" and finally drop Michael off to his house with the helicopter, then I would totally call it revolutionary. However, with the way it is now, it is a big heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell no.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

GTA V murders Watch Dogs.

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

GTA 5, you can just feel that the quality is better.

Watch Dogs is fun tho.

Dragerdeifrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Dragerdeifrit
Member since 2010 • 769 Posts

watchdogs is a great game but GTA its godly

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22 Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

Let's be real here GTA4 is better than Watchdogs.

comptonst88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By comptonst88
Member since 2012 • 348 Posts

I like both equally, although I understand people picking GTA 5 because of the small little touches that kinda add to overall attention to detail.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

this has already been settled. in terms of gameplay gta v wins(obviously, its by far the best open world game ever created). in terms of graphics, resolution and IQ aside, gta v wins again.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#25 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I hated GTA V I prefer Watch Dogs