Watch_Dogs PS4 Leaked Screenshots - Does it look like GTAV?

• 109 results
#1 Edited by CyberLips (1807 posts) -

From DualShockers

______________________________________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________________________________

What do you think?

#2 Edited by freedomfreak (38725 posts) -

It somehow looks worse.

#3 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4130 posts) -

sorry do you mean in general, or do you mean in terms of fidelity?

in general - yeah, it's a sore point for me. i was enthusiastic about watch_dogs until it started to look too much like gta5.

in terms of fidelity - pretty hard for me to tell from those screenshots. i have seen gta5 running on an xbox 360, i think watch_dogs on ps4 should be able to surpass that. however to be fair to gta5 it looks pretty good in those screens.

#4 Posted by CyberLips (1807 posts) -

It somehow looks worse.

I think the game looks really bad during the day.

#5 Posted by bfmv2007 (279 posts) -

FYI, these images of Watch_Dogs is from the beta version of the game. The final release will look better than these leaked images. This info has already been confirmed by Ubisoft. Any early reviews are also not from the final build of the game.

#6 Posted by freedomfreak (38725 posts) -

I think the game looks really bad during the day.

Much like Sleeping Dogs. Sleeping Dogs looks great at night. Doubly so when it's raining.

#7 Edited by lostrib (33376 posts) -

Those day shots look pretty bad, and even in the night shot the trees look pretty shitty

#8 Posted by Kjranu (876 posts) -

You might as well ask whether Earth looks like Earth.

#9 Posted by CyberLips (1807 posts) -

sorry do you mean in general, or do you mean in terms of fidelity?

in general - yeah, it's a sore point for me. i was enthusiastic about watch_dogs until it started to look too much like gta5.

in terms of fidelity - pretty hard for me to tell from those screenshots. i have seen gta5 running on an xbox 360, i think watch_dogs on ps4 should be able to surpass that. however to be fair to gta5 it looks pretty good in those screens.

Both.

Apart from the story they look pretty similar tbh....

#10 Posted by aroxx_ab (9219 posts) -

These pics make GTA V look next gen, Rockstar have done an amazing job with GTA V graphics that is for sure

#11 Posted by freedomfreak (38725 posts) -

I also love how that clothing store has the right outfit for Mr. Pearce.

"Yes, this trenchcoat comes with its own fitting mask."

Videogames, right?

#12 Edited by CyberLips (1807 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

These pics make GTA V look next gen, Rockstar have done an amazing job with GTA V graphics that is for sure

Agreed. GTAV is by far the prettiest game own.

#13 Edited by Couth_ (9977 posts) -

It looks like GTAV with a bump in resolution

#14 Posted by mems_1224 (46252 posts) -

Yuck, looks like the Quad needs more power.

#15 Edited by Animal-Mother (26418 posts) -

The sad reality of cross generation games.

#16 Posted by CyberLips (1807 posts) -

I also love how that clothing store has the right outfit for Mr. Pearce.

"Yes, this trenchcoat comes with its own fitting mask."

Videogames, right?

Ewwww those jeans are touching the floor...

#17 Edited by Truth_Hurts_U (9077 posts) -

Massive downgrade... Stupid UBI.

I pray that The Division's delay will make it's quality to that of the E3 footage.

#18 Posted by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -

Looks alright to me. GTAV could use a remaster.

#19 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3367 posts) -

Both look really pretty.

#20 Posted by aroxx_ab (9219 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

Imagine what they will do mid-end of this gen :D

#21 Edited by AM-Gamer (3527 posts) -

Are there people here who think GTA5 will actually look better then watchdogs based off GTA 5 bullshots?

A PS3 game is never gonna look better then a AAA PS4 game.

#22 Edited by leandrro (787 posts) -

better but not enough

i think that it may improve if they set it to run on 30fps 900p

those lame visuals might be a earlier version that aimed for 60fps or 1080p

the game will run on 60fps 1080p max settings on a gtx 780

so im gonna play this on 30fps 720p max settings on my 400 dollars PC with a HD7870

#23 Posted by m3dude1 (1041 posts) -

going by those screens gta v looks better, bu till wait till i see the game in motion in person.

#24 Edited by CyberLips (1807 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

@CyberLips said:

@aroxx_ab said:

Imagine what they will do mid-end of this gen :D

Rockstar's games have always been beautiful, i can't wait to see what they do on next gen consoles. :3

#25 Edited by Truth_Hurts_U (9077 posts) -
#26 Edited by tormentos (16785 posts) -

So Ubisoft really sucks...wow..

#27 Edited by CyberLips (1807 posts) -
#28 Edited by faizan_faizan (7846 posts) -

Not sure what glasses you people wear, but Watch Dogs looks leagues better than GTA V, and that's coming from a huge GTA fanatic.

@tormentos said:

So Ubisoft really sucks...wow..

AC4?

#29 Edited by Cloud_imperium (2271 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

Sorry but GTA V looks like trash in comparison . Those are just bullshots . GTA V doesn't even have real grass , instead of that it uses blocky textures . Then there are bad textures , pop ins , less draw distance , bad textures , less polys , cartoonish character models are so on .

Blurry textures everywhere .

Even Downgraded PS4 version looks better .

Let alone PC .

#30 Edited by Dragerdeifrit (228 posts) -

sooo all you can buy from colth stores in watchdogs it's the same coat your using with diferent colors? lmao, anyway, to be on topic. those GTAV screenshots are bullshots. it doesn't look like that at all, in the real GTAV there are jaggies all over the place.

#31 Edited by CyberLips (1807 posts) -

sooo all you can buy from colth stores in watchdogs it's the same coat your using with diferent colors? lmao

Just like in Assassin's Creed, it's Ubisoft after all.

#32 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13122 posts) -

It looks even worse on the xbone.

Yeah, they dun goof'd.

I'm gonna laugh my ass off if the PC version only looks marginally better, that daytime lighting is pitiful.

#33 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1242 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

GTA5 looks amazing for a last gen game.

#34 Posted by aroxx_ab (9219 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

Sorry but GTA V looks like trash in comparison . Those are just bullshots . GTA V doesn't even have real grass , instead of that it uses blocky textures . Then there are bad textures , pop ins , less draw distance , bad textures , less polys , cartoonish character models are so on .

Blurry textures everywhere .

Even Downgraded PS4 version looks better .

Let alone PC .

Technical graphic and how a game "looks" is not same thing, blurry textures doesnt feel that bad if it is at distance. Little grass on ground dont do that much all time, remember Mafia 2 360 vs Ps3? GTA V just stands out, it doesnt feel like it is same generation as all other 360/ps3 games imo

Not comparing PC vs console either cuz you can mod up a 6year old PC game to look better than next gen console games on technical lv

#35 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

Ubisoft sucks and we need a GTA V Remaster for PS4.

#36 Edited by gpuking (2713 posts) -

How can the disparity in visuals be that massive for god's sake. Infamous is like a couple generations above this.

#37 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13122 posts) -

@gpuking said:

How can the disparity in visuals be that massive for god's sake. Infamous is like a couple generations above this.

Being an exclusive/ non cross-gen title probably has something to do with it.

#38 Posted by Daious (1052 posts) -

The resolution of the screenshots are lower than PS4 resolution.

Either way, I can assume this game will look way nicer on PC.

#39 Posted by krisroe_213 (869 posts) -

Look like GTAIV with mods

#40 Posted by topgunmv (10142 posts) -

That looks like shit.

#41 Edited by Pray_to_me (2801 posts) -

They're both last gen games designed to run on PS360, but GTA 5 had a $250,000,000 budget, of course it looks better.

#42 Edited by Spitfire-Six (497 posts) -

Where are these screen shots coming from? I was lead to believe that those are all beta shots

#43 Posted by Epic-gamerz (196 posts) -

GTA V looks best on PC... oh wait

#44 Edited by CyberLips (1807 posts) -

Where are these screen shots coming from? I was lead to believe that those are all beta shots

They are, check the link above.

#45 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9376 posts) -

Why do people still care for this game. At this point no one should buy this so that Ubisoft stops treating gamers like shit

#46 Posted by heguain (482 posts) -

lmao look at the visuals of GTAV really sucks even for a last gen game, hell even Half-Life 2 looks ALOT better and it came in 2004. Not sure how you guys see it better than W_D graphically..

#47 Edited by silversix_ (13912 posts) -

On PC=Master Race Edition. On PS4=Acceptable Edition. On X1=Welfare Edition.

#48 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13887 posts) -

It's like it lacks ambient occlusion in the morning, making every object look dull in shadows.

#49 Edited by Spitfire-Six (497 posts) -

@Gaming-Planet: Yea they really washed out all the shadows in that image. Either the lighting is overblown or like you said its missing the AO maps.

#50 Posted by uninspiredcup (7641 posts) -

Doesn't even look as good as Assassins Creed 3.