Watch_Dogs = PS4: 1080p/30fps, Xbox One: 960p/30fps

• 176 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

Lems owned once again, nothing to see here.

You got one thing right, nothing to see here.

If every game going forward is the same as this there's not one person who could seriously argue that it matters.

Its great the Xbox One is moving closer to 1080p, yet the PS4 doesn't move even though its supposed to have all this extra power.

Really guys its lame to claim a victory over this. Especially when there are no more details about textures or extra such as how integrates with smartglass/PS4 equivalent.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@blackace said:

@Ghost120x said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

You cows wouldn't notice the difference anyway, especially when you couldn't tell if Killzone SF multiplayer was 960x1080p.

LOL so true. I didn't notice really but then I kept looking at things in the distance. Then I compared it to the single player which things looked much better from far away. I thought something was wrong with my TV so every time I would be fiddling with the picture settings during multiplayer.

I can definitely understands dumb Cows not noticing this. Everything they look at on the PS4 looks like 1080P to them. What baffles me is how DF completely missed it. Seems like someone was paid off by Sony. How did all those other game sites completely miss this resolution change from SP to MP?

probably because they announced before hand that it would be 1080p with 60fps for MP and 30fps for SP. DF were like many people, probably overworked and just believed them and never bothered to check.

Maybe, but all those other sites didn't notice either. That's just too strange to me. I haven't even played the MP of KZ:SF yet, but now maybe I will so I can see the difference.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@hoosier7 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

You cows wouldn't notice the difference anyway, especially when you couldn't tell if Killzone SF multiplayer was 960x1080p.

Probably because it's not as simple as KZ being that res. The image in each frame is still full HD.

There's a reason why no analysis site picked up on it.

err no it isn't FullHD = 1920x1080p KZ is not 1920x1080p read the damn article

haha killzone is full 1080p, well the campaign is and the difference between campaign and multiplayer is noticable. 1080p does make a difference, only a blind person wouldnt notice it

here's the best explanation i've seen - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778172

i couldn't describe that as full HD.

full hd - render at 1920x1080

render at 960x1080, plug gaps with information from previous frames - that's not full hd.

but that is the explanation of the multiplayer. single player is full 1080p.

'In the single-player mode, the game runs at full 1080p with an unlocked frame-rate'

so?

what do u mean so? the campaign is 1080p and their is noticeable difference between campaign and multiplayer which is my point. 1080p is noticeably better than 720p or whatever other resolution

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

@I_can_haz said:

If every game going forward is the same as this there's not one person who could seriously argue that it matters.

Its great the Xbox One is moving closer to 1080p, yet the PS4 doesn't move even though its supposed to have all this extra power.

Really guys its lame to claim a victory over this. Especially when there are no more details about textures or extra such as how integrates with smartglass/PS4 equivalent.

Dat lem spin and denial. I can't blame you for the denial though, I'd be in denial as well if I spent $500 for an overpriced water cooler.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 tdkmillsy

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@hoosier7 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Probably because it's not as simple as KZ being that res. The image in each frame is still full HD.

haha killzone is full 1080p, well the campaign is and the difference between campaign and multiplayer is noticable. 1080p does make a difference, only a blind person wouldnt notice it

here's the best explanation i've seen - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778172

render at 960x1080, plug gaps with information from previous frames - that's not full hd.

'In the single-player mode, the game runs at full 1080p with an unlocked frame-rate'

so?

what do u mean so? the campaign is 1080p and their is noticeable difference between campaign and multiplayer which is my point. 1080p is noticeably better than 720p or whatever other resolution

The resolution doesn't make the difference, its the extras that can be included due to it not having to deal with the multiplayer element. The human eye cannot tell the difference sat more than 6 feet from TV between 960p and 1080p.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By blackace

@misterpmedia said:

@blackace said:

Yeah, they were paid by Sony to keep their mouths shut. There's no way this shouldn't have been caught.

It's getting tinfoil hatty in here. I like it. But still lol

I'm sure you where a tinfoil hat on a daily basis. The best way to communicate with other cows in Fantasy Land. LOL!! You don't have any REAL answer as to how the great Digital Foundry completely missed this with all the testing they did on this game? i didn't think so.

@I_can_haz said:

LMAO!! Looks who's back to damage control. Nothing you want to see because it's BAD NEWS FOR YOU. You don't care that Sony lied to you though. You're head is too far up Sony's a$$ to see or hear anything. lol!! Only time you pop your head out is when an XB1 or Microsoft article appears. LOL!!

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@hoosier7 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

so?

The resolution doesn't make the difference, its the extras that can be included due to it not having to deal with the multiplayer element. The human eye cannot tell the difference sat more than 6 feet from TV between 960p and 1080p.

well i play on my computer monitor/tv while sitting about 1 feet away so i can tell the difference. and just because some cant notice the difference doesnt mean its not there.

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@hoosier7 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

we weren't talking about the SP, the controversy lately has been to do with the MP mode, but i am sure you knew that anyway.

well u didnt specify. all u said was 'err no it isn't FullHD' when in reality only the multiplayer isnt full hd

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

Lol only lems would come in here to damage control by bringing up killzone.... nice deflection

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#61 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia said:

@blackace said:

Yeah, they were paid by Sony to keep their mouths shut. There's no way this shouldn't have been caught.

I'm sure you where a tinfoil hat on a daily basis. The best way to communicate with other cows in Fantasy Land. LOL!! You don't have any REAL answer as to how the great Digital Foundry completely missed this with all the testing they did on this game? i didn't think so.

@I_can_haz said:

LMAO!! Looks who's back to damage control. Nothing you want to see because it's BAD NEWS FOR YOU. You don't care that Sony lied to you though. You're head is too far up Sony's a$$ to see or hear anything. lol!! Only time you pop your head out is when an XB1 or Microsoft article appears. LOL!!

LMAO

I_can_haz is one of the juiciest fanboys in the forums........

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@hoosier7 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I would say that it's obvious it's not Full HD when you are playing it in multiplayer and the images looks as if it's being god awfully scaled or victim of a bad FXAA algorithm or god knows what else, instead of a crisp native 1080p image.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Man, I would be pissed if I spent hundreds of dollars and couldn't even play this in 1080/60fps.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

@lglz1337: uh...you just owned yourself.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia said:

http://www.thearabgamer.com/2014/03/watch-dogs-1080p-on-ps4-960p-on-xbox.html

Called it ages ago.

Special shout out to mister X who thought that Watch Dogs' delay was because of the PS4 version (Over exaggerated wink.).

In this thread we discuss this and predict the next inferior Xbone multiplat.

Who the hell is the TheArabGamer.com? LOL!!!

That was the obvious question IMO, but it seem like everyone else but you glossed over that detail. While it may be true, this blackgamer needs a better source than TheArabGamer.com. Lol.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 tdkmillsy

@I_can_haz said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@I_can_haz said:

Dat lem spin and denial. I can't blame you for the denial though, I'd be in denial as well if I spent $500 for an overpriced water cooler.

Usual troll stuff, wouldn't expect anything different from you.

I know you probably wet yourself when you saw the opportunity to slate the Xbox One again no matter how small the difference is. But you should hold back a bit cos it just looks a lame desperate attempt to justify your purchase.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By blackace

@treedoor said:

So this title is only worth playing on PC then.

That's like saying only Tetris is worth playing on a PC. lmao!!

The game is worth playing on whatever platform you game on. As long as the gameplay is good and fun, that's all that matters.

*********************************************************************************

As for the resolution, it's not going to be a big difference. I more interested in the FPS and how smooth the game plays. If it runs better on the PS4, I'll get that version. If it runs better on the XB1, I'll get that one.

LanceSSJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By LanceSSJ
Member since 2003 • 882 Posts

man 1707x960 is much better then 960x1080

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#69 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

@MonsieurX: buy 5 gfx cards no thx

A maxed-out Titanfall works to the tune of 70-100fps on just one modified mobile card @1440p. Let's not encourage misconceptions.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

@PinkieWinkie said:

@MonsieurX: bashes xbone and ps4 nonstop, owns a WiiU...oh the irony

instead of talking about him why don't you stick to the topic? sounds like monsieurx made someone mad lol.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia said:

@blackace said:

@I_can_haz said:

he just disappears when proven wrong too.. the worst kind of fanboy.....

Just as bad is all of his replies are nothing more than this "butthurt and denial". That's the extent of his post other than making poll threads that epically fail.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Sit 10 feet from your screen... no biggie really.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

lol resolutions

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 tdkmillsy

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@hoosier7 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

so?

well i play on my computer monitor/tv while sitting about 1 feet away so i can tell the difference. and just because some cant notice the difference doesnt mean its not there.

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@hoosier7 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

we weren't talking about the SP, the controversy lately has been to do with the MP mode, but i am sure you knew that anyway.

well u didnt specify. all u said was 'err no it isn't FullHD' when in reality only the multiplayer isnt full hd

Fair enough, i'd have thought it would be best played in front of a big TV sat a few feet away. But if you sit that close then get a PC and play this game in 4k resolution :)

Its still the extra they could include that makes it look better not really the resolution.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#75 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

Has anyone seen the new trailer and realized how much dumbed down the graphics are in comparison to last year footage?

Thanks, consoles.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@LanceSSJ said:

man 1707x960 is much better then 960x1080

dude

you got a lol from me. that's a good one.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@Crypt_mx: So you think all of PS4s extra power is just going to go to Limbo just because X1 gets 1080p games?

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

BUT THE SDK UPDATE?!?!?!

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Sometimes I wonder if the same people who claim ownage over these things can even tell the difference.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I love how lems expect the xbone to garner miraculous processing power yet at the same time expect the ps4 to stay stagnant.

/Logic.

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By ZoomZoom2490
Member since 2008 • 3943 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

still higher than xbox1 games, including xbox1 games that look last-gen, rofl.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

Really glad it's coming to PC. My shiny new nVidia Titan Black SC gonna hopefully run it at 60fps

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

This gen will be known as the gen with random ass resolutions.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia said:

@blackace said:

@I_can_haz said:

What's the bad news for me here? Xbone running the game at 960p or Xbone in last place in sales LOL? Man, it so rough for you guys that you're losing it. In what world is the Xbone underperforming bad news for cows?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

PS4 wins again. A stunning victory for the quad which is THE place to play console mulit plats this gen.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#86 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@Cyberdot said:

I'll be playing the game at 1080p and 60fps with prettier graphics.

good for u bud

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#87  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Exclusive definition on PC.

How it's meant to be played.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia said:

@blackace said:

So your answer is classic Misterxian of Sony paid off Digital Foundry? Top lel. That's tinfoil hat syndrome working over drive, c'mon man.

From what I've read on the matter it's 1080p native stitched together with the less resolution in between frames. That's how it can keep native IQ while standing still but in motion it dips in and out. On the notion that no-one noticed it, it's because it's a new technique, although most people thought that the MP looked a bit off but everyone put it down to a weird AA solution. Anyway there's your answer, that you'll probably discount ;).

I'll leave you to think about what kind of hats I wear :P.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@tyloss said:

BUT THE SDK UPDATE?!?!?!

teh sdk, teh cloud, teh esram, teh directx 12!!!!!!

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@tyloss said:

BUT THE SDK UPDATE?!?!?!

teh sdk, teh cloud, teh esram, teh directx 12!!!!!!

lems are so backwards they where hyping direct x 11.2,

Microsoft shit on their own fan force by announcing dx12,

even a smartphone is more powerful than an xbone

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I look forward to playing this at 1080p/60fps

Avatar image for highking_kallor
highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By highking_kallor
Member since 2014 • 594 Posts

@Jankarcop:

Maybe. But not on your PC I bet. Be honest.... yeah right.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#94  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Ohhhh snap!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#95 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Consoles still fighting for 2nd place

They're not fighting anymore. PS4 is the clear winner

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#96 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@princessgomez92: Of course, anything less than 1080 is unplayable. Am I the only one who remembers playing 720p games less than a year ago with absolutely no issues and no discussion over the matter?

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#97 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

Could someone please dig up all the fanboy posts of people claiming that the power of the cloud would deliver the superior experience on the Xbox One? Soooo many people were raving on about this back in the day.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Vatusus said:

@MonsieurX said:

A gen that will most likely last 6-7 years has been decided in 4 months? Ummm yeah sure you don't sound biased at all.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

PC wins as usual:

• PC: up to 4K/framerate varies

You own a Wii-U idiot..

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#100  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@kingtito said:

@Vatusus said:

@MonsieurX said:

A gen that will most likely last 6-7 years has been decided in 4 months? Ummm yeah sure you don't sound biased at all.

What? after pretty much every multiplat this gen having bigger resolution on PS4 and most (with a couple exceptions) running better on PS4 you lems still believe the XOne can turn this around? LMAO