Watch_Dogs = PS4: 1080p/30fps, Xbox One: 960p/30fps

• 176 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

http://www.thearabgamer.com/2014/03/watch-dogs-1080p-on-ps4-960p-on-xbox.html

Called it ages ago.

Special shout out to mister X who thought that Watch Dogs' delay was because of the PS4 version (Over exaggerated wink.).

In this thread we discuss this and predict the next inferior Xbone multiplat.

#2 Edited by lglz1337 (3113 posts) -

bahahahahaha all for 500 dollars ladies

you get the best all from the cloud

Xbone is a beast

TCHBO

#3 Posted by MonsieurX (29173 posts) -

PC wins as usual:

• PC: up to 4K/framerate varies

Consoles still fighting for 2nd place

#4 Edited by lglz1337 (3113 posts) -
#5 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -
#6 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3339 posts) -

So the Xbox One version is an unplayable mess.

#7 Posted by Wasdie (49534 posts) -
#8 Posted by lglz1337 (3113 posts) -

@Wasdie: you think this game will run 4k on a single card ?

#9 Posted by MonsieurX (29173 posts) -
#10 Posted by Netret0120 (1995 posts) -

It's now Resolution wars it seems.

#11 Posted by Wasdie (49534 posts) -

@lglz1337: Depends on how well it's optimized. I'm sure a Titan, 290 ultra, or a 780ti could probably do it. May not be a steady 60fps constantly though. 4k is pretty demanding.

#12 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8278 posts) -

You cows wouldn't notice the difference anyway, especially when you couldn't tell if Killzone SF multiplayer was 960x1080p.

#13 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9675 posts) -

That's not the end of the world

#14 Posted by bodde1972 (91 posts) -

Wtf is up with these crazy random resolutions on the Xbone? 960p WD and 792p TF whats next 867,5p?

#15 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

@MonsieurX: bashes xbone and ps4 nonstop, owns a WiiU...oh the irony

#16 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4059 posts) -

pretty expected

will be interesting to hear DF's analysis, although I'm losing confidence in them lately.

#17 Posted by Cyberdot (3510 posts) -

I'll be playing the game at 1080p and 60fps with prettier graphics.

#18 Edited by lglz1337 (3113 posts) -
#19 Posted by hoosier7 (3773 posts) -

@bodde1972: Marketing i reckon, heck apparently X1 games no longer have the resolution on the back of the game box any more it's such a PR **** storm.

PS4 version was always going to be the version to get because of the exclusive DLC. The better performance was kind of inevitable too.

#20 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

To start the ball rolling. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they'll be a confirmed disparity between the boxes with next gen Witcher game.

#21 Posted by blackace (19996 posts) -

Called it ages ago.

Special shout out to mister X who thought that Watch Dogs' delay was because of the PS4 version (Over exaggerated wink.).

Who the hell is the TheArabGamer.com? LOL!!! They don't even have a link to Ubisoft's conference. It may be true, but I'd rather see it on a Ubisoft site. There aren't any other sites confirming this at the moment. Right now, it's just a rumor. This game won't run at 4K smoothly on a PC. Maybe at 15-20fps. Hopefully this game will be good after all the delays. What's the frame rate?

#22 Posted by MonsieurX (29173 posts) -

@MonsieurX: bashes xbone and ps4 nonstop, owns a WiiU...oh the irony

And how's this relevant to this thread exactly?

Can't blame me since xbone and ps4 doesn't offer anything interesting yet

#23 Posted by ACP_45 (428 posts) -

Wow so know the Xbox One is completely unplayable, right?....

Spoiled brats..... think they know what they are talking about....

Resolution ?

Pfft I say Smellsolution.

Gameplay = Importance

#24 Posted by blackace (19996 posts) -

So the Xbox One version is an unplayable mess.

Someone has jokes.

http://funny-pictures-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Joke-of-the-day_1.jpg

#25 Posted by Ghost120x (3681 posts) -

You cows wouldn't notice the difference anyway, especially when you couldn't tell if Killzone SF multiplayer was 960x1080p.

LOL so true. I didn't notice really but then I kept looking at things in the distance. Then I compared it to the single player which things looked much better from far away. I thought something was wrong with my TV so every time I would be fiddling with the picture settings during multiplayer.

#26 Posted by Silent-Assasin7 (1495 posts) -

Well Sony fans didn't have a problem playing BF4 in 900p, so I can't imagine having an issue with 960p for this game.

#27 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

well it wasn't upscaled to horrific proportions so I'm not surprised. 1080p IQ without technically being 1080p is quite impressive. Would take that over upscaled messes on Xbone. :). Although I do agree Guerrilla should have said.

#28 Posted by sts106mat (18853 posts) -

very true.

have to say I have never understood the hype for this game. it looks like a modern day assassins creed with phones instead of wrist blades WTF? how will that be fun? the modern day sections of AC always sucked massive balls.. very much a wait and see game this one.

#29 Posted by hoosier7 (3773 posts) -

Probably because it's not as simple as KZ being that res. The image in each frame is still full HD.

There's a reason why no analysis site picked up on it.

#30 Edited by Crypt_mx (3947 posts) -

Uhm wow. Are cows really making a big deal out of 960p vs 1080p? Firstly, I'm willing to bet not a single person here could tell the difference side by side. Secondly, isn't this a good thing for lems? Seriously the games in the generation started out 720p vs 1080p (which is a pretty noticeable difference) and only after a couple of months Xbox titles are being announced at 900p and up . It won't be long before both consoles are producing nearly identical graphics with the same fame rate and resolution. I would expect that by the end of 2014 resolution won't even be a thing anymore, everything will be 1080p.

#31 Posted by sts106mat (18853 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Probably because it's not as simple as KZ being that res. The image in each frame is still full HD.

err no it isn't FullHD = 1920x1080p KZ is not 1920x1080p read the damn article

#32 Edited by blackace (19996 posts) -

@Ghost120x said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

LOL so true. I didn't notice really but then I kept looking at things in the distance. Then I compared it to the single player which things looked much better from far away. I thought something was wrong with my TV so every time I would be fiddling with the picture settings during multiplayer.

I can definitely understands dumb Cows not noticing this. Everything they look at on the PS4 looks like 1080P to them. What baffles me is how DF completely missed it. Seems like someone was paid off by Sony. How did all those other game sites completely miss this resolution change from SP to MP?

@hoosier7 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Yeah, they were paid by Sony to keep their mouths shut. There's no way this shouldn't have been caught.

#33 Edited by shawn30 (4361 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

Called it ages ago.

Nothing much to discuss. 960p works for me. 1080p isn't what will ever make me buy a PS4. A compelling game will. 960p looks great, and while its a lower res than the PS4 version, for a open world game I have no issue with this. The PS4 is more powerful hardware than the One so I'm certainly not shocked it hit 1080p. But I'm a bit surprised they got the res this high for the One. Good times ahead. New preview looks great.

Edit: Provided this is officially confirmed.

#34 Edited by Chutebox (36409 posts) -

Not too large a difference.

#35 Posted by sts106mat (18853 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Ghost120x said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I can definitely understands dumb Cows not noticing this. Everything they look at on the PS4 looks like 1080P to them. What baffles me is how DF completely missed it. Seems like someone was paid off by Sony. How did all those other game sites completely miss this resolution change from SP to MP?

probably because they announced before hand that it would be 1080p with 60fps for MP and 30fps for SP. DF were like many people, probably overworked and just believed them and never bothered to check.

#36 Edited by hoosier7 (3773 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@hoosier7 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Chill, just going off what i've heard.

"The image displayed to the player is Full HD 1080p with ghosting. Full stop. The player sees Full HD 1080p, 1:1 mapping. 1920X1080p. The framebuffer renders every other frame at 960X1080p and stitches them together. Every frame on display is full HD 1080p, but the means to display the image are questionable."

#37 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@blackace said:

Yeah, they were paid by Sony to keep their mouths shut. There's no way this shouldn't have been caught.

It's getting tinfoil hatty in here. I like it. But still lol

#38 Edited by sts106mat (18853 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

@sts106mat said:

@hoosier7 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

"The image displayed to the player is Full HD 1080p with ghosting. Full stop. The player sees Full HD 1080p, 1:1 mapping. 1920X1080p. The framebuffer renders every other frame at 960X1080p and stitches them together. Every frame on display is full HD 1080p, but the means to display the image are questionable."

Ok, i can see why you get to that then. that sentence looks to be a load of bollocks to be fair.

#39 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3595 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

haha killzone is full 1080p, well the campaign is and the difference between campaign and multiplayer is noticable. 1080p does make a difference, only a blind person wouldnt notice it

#40 Edited by hoosier7 (3773 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Ghost120x said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@hoosier7 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Lol, so you expect sites to suddenly know about a technique that as far as i know has never been used in a game before? It's easy not to catch something you're not looking for.

If the technique they're using is good enough to put out an image that people believe was 1080p then surely that just means they've got a damn good method.

They should have been honest but apart from that the spin i see is pretty funny. The picture looks good enough to be 1080p so what's the problem? It's hilarious the way lems suddenly act as if the game looks worse now when the only thing that's changed is the number on a piece of paper.

#41 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Lems owned once again, nothing to see here.

#42 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

Ouch, another best on PC title.

#43 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4059 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@hoosier7 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

haha killzone is full 1080p, well the campaign is and the difference between campaign and multiplayer is noticable. 1080p does make a difference, only a blind person wouldnt notice it

here's the best explanation i've seen - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778172

i couldn't describe that as full HD.

full hd - render at 1920x1080

render at 960x1080, plug gaps with information from previous frames - that's not full hd.

#44 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3595 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@hoosier7 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

here's the best explanation i've seen - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778172

render at 960x1080, plug gaps with information from previous frames - that's not full hd.

but that is the explanation of the multiplayer. single player is full 1080p.

'In the single-player mode, the game runs at full 1080p with an unlocked frame-rate'

#45 Posted by 2Chalupas (5001 posts) -

I find it amusing how all last gen, consolites (particularly Lems) would claim ownage over and over again over even SMALLER pixel differences. Sometimes as low as 702p vs 720p.

The difference between 1080p (PS4) and 960p (XB1), is a helluva lot bigger than the difference between 720p (360) and 644p(PS3). More than double, actually. In absolute terms, Lems are missing out on 230,400 pixels. In the last gen case of 644p, the inferior version would be missing only 97,280 pixels compared to a native 720p game.

Last gen that was literally all lems could hang their hat on. Now, "it's no big deal". "I can't tell the difference anyway".

Pathetic.

#46 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4059 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@hoosier7 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

but that is the explanation of the multiplayer. single player is full 1080p.

'In the single-player mode, the game runs at full 1080p with an unlocked frame-rate'

so?

#47 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (5637 posts) -

Ahhh look... another resolution thread, with all the usual "XBone is crap" & "PC beats both of them" bullsh**.

#48 Posted by hoosier7 (3773 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

@sts106mat said:

Ok, i can see why you get to that then. that sentence looks to be a load of bollocks to be fair.

It's from Thuway admittedly but i can't find anyone explaining it in a simpler form. It's really not as simple as the res is 960x1080p.

From what i've read it's rare that all assets are rendered in 1080p but the game is still considered native 1080p so it seems this whole thing is open to interpretation and it could be something we see in other games but are unaware of.

Barely anyone outside of GG really seems to know what it's all about properly.

Doesn't excuse the fact they weren't transparent though. That should be the main talking point.

I'd also point out they do some funny stuff with their servers too but were honest about that. No one has picked up on that yet it seems many companies and devs could be telling some less than honest truths when they claim they use dedicated servers.

#49 Posted by LanceSSJ (880 posts) -

since killzone MP looked amazing at half HD then 960p is amazing

#50 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

So this title is only worth playing on PC then.