Watch Dogs PC screenshots released (TURD!)

#151 Edited by m3dude1 (1698 posts) -

aa(if included in the games options) is kind of a prerequisite for maxing a games graphics out. and those are among the best case screenshots for your fps.

#152 Posted by Ben-Buja (2796 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

aa(if included in the games options) is kind of a prerequisite for maxing a games graphics out. and those are among the best case screenshots for your fps.

No it's not. It's not like AA is even needed at that res.

I took random screenshots in the beginning area and one downtown at night. I can provide you with more proof lol

Get over it a single 780ti can play this at 20-30 fps. (just like i initially said)

Drop some settings to high and it should hit stable 30 fps.

You're underestimating the raw power high end GPUs have.

#153 Posted by m3dude1 (1698 posts) -

lets stop with this nonsense, seriously. 4k does NOT mitigate the need for aa.

#154 Posted by MonsieurX (32076 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

lets stop with this nonsense, seriously. 4k does NOT mitigate the need for aa.

it does.

#155 Posted by NFJSupreme (5499 posts) -

@m3dude1: um at 4k you don't need AA

#156 Edited by m3dude1 (1698 posts) -

get better eyes. funny how dense you clowns are, you discredit and contradict every argument you make. aa isnt noticeable at 4k but theres some massive difference between changing 3 settings from high to ultra in watch dogs.

#157 Posted by steamistrash (431 posts) -

its a xbox360 game lol looks no better than saints row part 1

#158 Posted by lostrib (44070 posts) -

@m3dude1: well have you played watch dogs? I think Ben buja has

#159 Edited by lostrib (44070 posts) -

@steamistrash: like you would know, noob

#160 Edited by Ben-Buja (2796 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

get better eyes. funny how dense you clowns are, you discredit and contradict every argument you make. aa isnt noticeable at 4k but theres some massive difference between changing 3 settings from high to ultra in watch dogs.

Actually downsampling itself is a form of AA, but unlike MSAA which only applies to certain areas of the image it downsamples the whole picture, making it the highest quality AA method.

The whole need for additional AA diminishes at high resolutions, the more pixels are used for the scene, the less jagged edges are visible. Get a clue mate.

#161 Posted by m3dude1 (1698 posts) -

downsampling(OGSS) is not the highest quality aa method. 4k isnt nearly enough pixels to make aa redundant, unless you are playing on an 8 inch screen.

#162 Posted by Ben-Buja (2796 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

downsampling(OGSS) is not the highest quality aa method. 4k isnt nearly enough pixels to make aa redundant, unless you are playing on an 8 inch screen.

Playing on consoles with only 1,4-2,0 megapixels must be pure torture for you on your HDTV :S

#163 Posted by foxhound_fox (91188 posts) -

That looks horrid. Must be on low settings.

#164 Edited by m3dude1 (1698 posts) -

@Ben-Buja said:

@m3dude1 said:

Playing on consoles with only 1,4-2,0 megapixels must be pure torture for you on your HDTV :S

ive always said aa is by far the only real differentiator between the pc version of multiplatform games.

#165 Posted by Ben-Buja (2796 posts) -

That doesn't surprise me, you seem to say a lot of nonsense