Watch Dogs PC screenshots released (TURD!)

#101 Posted by clyde46 (47228 posts) -

@Kinthalis: Ubi doing what Ubi does best.

#102 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (15834 posts) -

So glad I waited to upgrade.

#103 Posted by emgesp (2495 posts) -

@TheFadeForever said:

@emgesp said:

LOL at all the PC elitists that thought the PC version maxed would blow away the PS4 version. This game looks like a cleaned up last gen game. Nothing next-gen looking about this. Second Son, Ryse, Drive Club, Arkham Knight, The Order 1886 and Killzone SF is how you do next-gen.

P.S. GTA lV with mods looks way better than Watch Dogs.

lol PS4 version is 900p yea man some next gen there

And please how many games on the ps4 are going look this good at the scale the games above have achieved?

How about show some actual gameplay and not just post cherry picked shots.

Resolution isn't the most important factor in regards to graphics. I can rerender PS1 games in 1080p, doesn't mean they look better than PS3 games in sub HD resolutions.

#104 Edited by TheFadeForever (2114 posts) -

@emgesp said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@emgesp said:

LOL at all the PC elitists that thought the PC version maxed would blow away the PS4 version. This game looks like a cleaned up last gen game. Nothing next-gen looking about this. Second Son, Ryse, Drive Club, Arkham Knight, The Order 1886 and Killzone SF is how you do next-gen.

And please how many games on the ps4 are going look this good at the scale the games above have achieved?

Resolution isn't the most important factor in regards to graphics. I can rerender PS1 games in 1080p, doesn't mean they look better than PS3 games in sub HD resolutions.

You were talking about graphics now your switching to gameplay

#105 Edited by emgesp (2495 posts) -

@TheFadeForever said:

@emgesp said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@emgesp said:

I'm talking about graphics in motion, not stills shots.

Star Citizen does look great, but not a TPS. There really isn't a game to compare it to on the PS4 yet.

Man, if Star Fox had those graphics I'd be in heaven.

#106 Edited by TheFadeForever (2114 posts) -

@emgesp said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@emgesp said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@emgesp said:

Star Citizen does look great, but not a TPS. There really isn't a game to compare it to on the PS4 yet.

Star Citizen can be played in TPS mode

And you never mention anything about graphics in motion and this entire thread is about the Watchdog screenshots.

#108 Posted by SteXmaN (488 posts) -

Sometimes it just looks great.

#109 Edited by DJ_Headshot (6285 posts) -

@emgesp said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@emgesp said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@emgesp said:

There was going to be an Starfox 64 inspired game released on pc called Shadows of Lylat that looked pretty good but the project is dead sadly which is a shame since I doubt we'll see any new star fox game at all from Nintendo so this was probably the last chance for a modern Star Fox 64 sequel to be released.

#110 Posted by remiks00 (2295 posts) -

@lostrib said:

why do you guys feel the need to argue with m3dude? It's not going to go anywhere and he's not even an entertaining troll. Or do you just need something to do between slamming your head into a wall and hitting your fingers with a hammer

I agree. There's nothing to gain from arguing against m3boarder32's alt account. It's made for the specific reason of trolling. I tend to just scroll past his posts when I see his name because it's usually nothing but the same "Anti-PC" farts in the wind. Very boring to say the least.

#112 Posted by lawlessx (47064 posts) -
@remiks00 said:
@Kinthalis said:

Reddit figured out how to restore the E3 2012 verison on PC?

http://www.reddit.com/r/watch_dogs/comments/26c3ew/deferredfxqualityconsole/

Seems there was a hidden redering setting that was set to "console", but when they switched it to "PC", the graphics changed. Ubisoft trolling pirates perhaps?

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/watch_dogs-hidden-deferredfxquality-option-improves-significantly-visuals/

Now that is more like it..why on earth would ubisoft hide something like this?

#113 Posted by Ballroompirate (23579 posts) -

Sigh this game comes out while I have a week off from class....why do you taunt me!?

#114 Posted by remiks00 (2295 posts) -

@lawlessx said:
@remiks00 said:
@Kinthalis said:

Seems there was a hidden redering setting that was set to "console", but when they switched it to "PC", the graphics changed. Ubisoft trolling pirates perhaps?

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/watch_dogs-hidden-deferredfxquality-option-improves-significantly-visuals/

Now that is more like it..why on earth would ubisoft hide something like this?

Dammit, I accidentally hit the delete button instead on edit. But apparently the article suggests that it's a placebo effect :\. But some users on reddit claim there's a difference. Guess we wont know for sure until the game releases.

#115 Edited by R4gn4r0k (17425 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

It really did. I never played the PC version, but the screens I saw looked really good.

When you ever get back into PC gaming, you'll be able to get the game for 5 dollars or less. So I would definitely recommend it.

It's like GTA with martial arts.

#116 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17425 posts) -

@Kinthalis said:

Oh I see, you were supposed to change the "console" option to "PC"

XD

#117 Edited by biggest_loser (24114 posts) -

I'd rather have a decent frame rate than the best graphics.

#118 Posted by cfisher2833 (2150 posts) -

God damn gamespot is getting annoying with the email notifications. Congrats gamespot! You earned yourself a permanent spot in my gmail spam filter list.

#119 Posted by m3dude1 (1512 posts) -

that watchdogs command doesnt do anything....lol clowns

#120 Edited by Bazooka_4ME (2536 posts) -

Even the AssCeed 4 version of PS4 shits on this...

#121 Edited by BlbecekBobecek (2713 posts) -

Meh, inFamous SS looks much better.

#122 Edited by Cloud_imperium (5296 posts) -

Watch dogs hidden graphics option found . Turn this on , to get impressive visuals on PC .

Watch this video

I'm happy again , lol .

:-p

#123 Posted by Sollet (7469 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Hmmmm, still deciding if I want to get this. Have a few more days to decide

Eh I am waiting for it to drop in price, no rush.

#124 Posted by Cloud_imperium (5296 posts) -

I don't know what's with those screenshots because the game looks great in motion , even WITHOUT turning on that hidden graphical feature , found by gamers (Above screenshots)

#126 Edited by IgGy621985 (4896 posts) -

A bit off topic. Not sure if this was already posted, but I found this on another forum. Look at the stuff below the guy's name :-D

#127 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17425 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

I don't know what's with those screenshots because the game looks great in motion , even WITHOUT turning on that hidden graphical feature , found by gamers (Above screenshots)

Someone showed a comparison in that thread.

There is zero difference between "console" and "pc" settings when it comes to deferredFXquality.

#128 Posted by Cloud_imperium (5296 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Someone showed a comparison in that thread.

There is zero difference between "console" and "pc" settings when it comes to deferredFXquality.

Still looks great though . I don't know what's wrong with screenshots posted earlier because the game looks a lot better in motion . We'll see for ourselves soon .

#129 Edited by m3dude1 (1512 posts) -

those screens are downsized from 4k and still dont even match the nvidia tech trailer, much less the 2012 footage. also this game runs badly enough at 1080p, wonder how many gpus it takes to make it playable at 4k.

#130 Edited by lunar1122 (685 posts) -

im playing it and it looks like the nvidia trailer, Dunno what you guys talking about

#131 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17425 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

So glad I waited to upgrade.

I dunno, some people are reporting very good perfmance from older setups.

i.e. you don't need an i7 or Titan to get very good graphics and performance.

@Cloud_imperium said:

Still looks great though . I don't know what's wrong with screenshots posted earlier because the game looks a lot better in motion . We'll see for ourselves soon .

Yeah, so far this looks far from the turd tc is accusing it off.

We'll have to wait and see for ourselves if the game comes close to the E3 2012 trailers. But the screens I've seen so far look very impressive.

#132 Posted by m3dude1 (1512 posts) -

you should go to gamersyde and watch the 2012 footage again....

#133 Posted by lglz1337 (3975 posts) -

lol is this what a monster pc can do ? LOL

dat slow ass pci-e!

#134 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26233 posts) -

That deferredfx change from console to pc doesn't do jack shit. There is no difference at all in quality. People just took better pictures.

And GTA4 looks like trash even with mods. People be trippin if they think those awful ENB colors look good.

#135 Edited by Ben-Buja (2743 posts) -
@ChubbyGuy40 said:

That deferredfx change from console to pc doesn't do jack shit. There is no difference at all in quality. People just took better pictures.

And GTA4 looks like trash even with mods. People be trippin if they think those awful ENB colors look good.

GTA IV doesn't look like trash. Not at all. Besides there are hundreds of different ENB settings, some have oversaturated colors and extreme contrast, some undersaturaed. You can pick what you like.

YOU must be tripping if you think this looks bad:

#136 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26233 posts) -

@Ben-Buja said:

GTA IV doesn't look like trash. Not at all. Besides there are hundreds of different ENB settings, some have oversaturated colors and extreme contrast, some undersaturaed. You can pick what you like.

Trash may have been a strong word, but I still don't like how it looks. Everything seems so drab and dull. Almost nothing pops or stands out and all the buildings look flat. Also don't like how every car is so shiny. Has some very nice weather effects though. Don't like the animations either. The game did come out in 2008 but it reminds me too much of the games before it.

#137 Posted by uninspiredcup (11845 posts) -

Actually those screenshots look really darnypoo good. Lots of crisp detail.

#138 Posted by Heil68 (46409 posts) -

Have my PS4 copy coming next week.

#139 Edited by cfisher2833 (2150 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Yeah, the thread title was based off the first batch of screenshots we got in, which were pretty compressed due to imgur. The game actually looks quite good and even better in motion.

#140 Edited by Jebus213 (8919 posts) -

@Ben-Buja said:
@ChubbyGuy40 said:

From a PC elitist standpoint it looks like shit.

#141 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

Damn this game is ugly. Watch Downgrade confirmed. I will never trust Ubisoft again.

#142 Posted by lundy86_4 (44010 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

When you ever get back into PC gaming, you'll be able to get the game for 5 dollars or less. So I would definitely recommend it.

It's like GTA with martial arts.

My bad, I forgot to say that I played it on the 360. I'll definitely double-dip on PC though with a price-point like that.

Just need to grab a Steam Machine after i'm done getting my firearms licence, and my biking licence. The list of bills never ends lol.

#143 Posted by thehig1 (3033 posts) -

the last picture with the yellow car is by far best looking, epic graphics especially the detail of the NPCs

#144 Edited by R4gn4r0k (17425 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Too quick to judge ?

yeah I thought so...

#145 Edited by Cyberdot (3872 posts) -

Honestly, I don't think the game looks great. I mean, it's way off from the first reveal at E3 2012.

I blame consoles for that, Ubisoft was too busy to make the game work well on all platforms instead of focusing on one platform. I think the bigger problem is that the game is coming to PS3 and X360 as well, just ruined the game even more. Consoles are always a pollution in this industry, always getting in the way of quality.

#146 Edited by Jebus213 (8919 posts) -

The only difference is tessellated water.

Game looks like shit. Jesus christ it looks so bland. As long as we're facing sun shafts 90% of the time it looks good for people.

#147 Posted by Ben-Buja (2743 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

those screens are downsized from 4k and still dont even match the nvidia tech trailer, much less the 2012 footage. also this game runs badly enough at 1080p, wonder how many gpus it takes to make it playable at 4k.

I maxed it out at 4k with my single 780ti and got 20-30 fps (while recording with shadowplay) I'd say if you drop some settings to high you can get stable 30 fps at 4k.

The game does look exactly like the Nvidia tech trailer. Most screenshots and videos don't do it justice due to compression.

#148 Edited by m3dude1 (1512 posts) -

post some screens with a framerate counter. everything ive read contradicts your statement. the vram requirements alone are giving people terrible framerate drops and fluctuations at 1080p on 3 gb cards

#149 Posted by rogerjak (14785 posts) -

How does the game look like that with the specs it requires for Ultra?

#150 Edited by Ben-Buja (2743 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

post some screens with a framerate counter. everything ive read contradicts your statement. the vram requirements alone are giving people terrible framerate drops and fluctuations at 1080p on 3 gb cards

And that is with everything maxed except AA, which was set to temporal SMAA.