Watch Dogs-PC screenshots look great,GTX bundle available.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#152 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

@RimacBugatti said:

@Cloud_imperium: I'm running the i73960x and the GTX 690. Trust me go for it. I would say run the i74970x if you can swing the cash. The GTX 690 still is pretty much one of the fastest cards. I love the fact that it runs dual GPU's. I'm not sure if the Titan Black runs dual GPU's or not but it may have a little better benchmarks than the 690 for around the same price. Are you going to run the Revo Drive SSD?

Thanks for feedback :-)

I hope you enjoy throwing away money

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#155  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

i7 recommended on PC, still releases on Wii U. sounds legit. maybe the Wii U version is 2D sidescroller? or then there might be an option to enable ultra-physics for realistic shoelaces on PC or something.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#156  Edited By RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@scottpsfan14: Actually if GTX 790 is out go for that and call it a day! :)

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By RimacBugatti

@lostrib: If you spend money on what you truly want than I can't see it as throwing away money. Whats the point in having money if we aren't going to spend some every now and then. If you think of how often we build computers (5 years on average) than $5000 isn't so bad. In the long run computers save us money by not going out and dropping a couple hundred every time we do go out.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

@Cloud_imperium: I'm running the i73960x and the GTX 690. Trust me go for it. I would say run the i74970x if you can swing the cash. The GTX 690 still is pretty much one of the fastest cards. I love the fact that it runs dual GPU's. I'm not sure if the Titan Black runs dual GPU's or not but it may have a little better benchmarks than the 690 for around the same price. Are you going to run the Revo Drive SSD?

The Titan Black is just a 780Ti with more RAM. The Revo SSD is a silly chance unless you are editing vast amount HD footage.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#159 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@RimacBugatti said:

The Titan Black is just a 780Ti with more RAM. The Revo SSD is a silly chance unless you are editing vast amount HD footage.

This, also I would advise against the GTX 690 at this point; it is bottlenecked by it's memory, or at least it will be before long, especially at higher resolutions with the newer games coming out.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 lostrib

@scottpsfan14 said:
@lostrib said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@RimacBugatti said:

Thanks for feedback :-)

I hope you enjoy throwing away money

You are a very cynical, lonely hearted person who can only see the bad in something. Lighten up.

No, I'm just pointing out that those recommendations are a waste of money for just gaming. Lighten up

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 lostrib

@RimacBugatti said:

@lostrib: If you spend money on what you truly want than I can't see it as throwing away money. Whats the point in having money if we aren't going to spend some every now and then. If you think of how often we build computers (5 years on average) than $5000 isn't so bad. In the long run computers save us money by not going out and dropping a couple hundred every time we do go out.

Yeah, but for just gaming many of those things are overkill.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 RimacBugatti

@clyde46: In that case I would go with the GTX 790! :) The Revo Drive runs at 220,000 input/output operations per second. Almost twice as much as the Vertex 4 SSD. I didn't get into computers for many years because I become impatient very fast and I have to have a fast computer. I actually had found an SSD with 1.2 million input/output operations per second but couldn't find a retailer or price.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 RimacBugatti

@lostrib: Your right I agree but sometimes it's better to have it for later when I may need it. Do you know if I could run 4K with the GTX 690 or would I have to buy a second GTX 690?

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#164 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

@lostrib: Your right I agree but sometimes it's better to have it for later when I may need it. Do you know if I could run 4K with the GTX 690 or would I have to buy a second GTX 690?

That's almost never the case. It would be much cheaper ot wait for decent, affordbale 4K monitors first, THEN upgrade. You'll have better 4K tech, probably with Nvidia Gsync integration and better panels, AND you'd be able to get a GPU that easily powers it for less than a current 4 way SLI system. You'd probably be able to pick up a single card that will play games on high at 4K within the next 2 years.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By RimacBugatti

@Kinthalis: I'm not going to upgrade for another 2 years. Hopefully by then the GTX 890 will be out and I will go with that video card. The only thing I'm waiting for really is for the DDR4 RAM to be released and than the motherboards to support it.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By RimacBugatti

@scottpsfan14: I know the GTX 690 was rated to draw 235 billion polygons per second. Should be sufficient for now. I will probably throw another GTX 690 in my rig if I can find one for a good price. That will hold me down for another 2 years with no problem. Hell none of the games out even max cards like the Titan Black or the GTX 690. Project Cars may put them to the test though.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 RimacBugatti

@scottpsfan14: If I run SLI can I pair up my GTX 690 with a 780ti?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#171 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

@clyde46 said:

@RimacBugatti said:

This, also I would advise against the GTX 690 at this point; it is bottlenecked by it's memory, or at least it will be before long, especially at higher resolutions with the newer games coming out.

Thanks for info .

Console_Caesar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#172 Console_Caesar
Member since 2014 • 46 Posts

ITT: Hermies circle jerking each other about hardware that they can't even afford. Just buy a PS4, the game will look almost the same and you safe thousands that you could pay for more games, like the upcoming TLOU remake.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#173 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61423 Posts

@console_caesar said:

ITT: Hermies circle jerking each other about hardware that they can't even afford. Just buy a PS4, the game will look almost the same and you safe thousands that you could pay for more games, like the upcoming TLOU remake.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By lostrib

@lundy86_4 said:

@console_caesar said:

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

not completely sure which platform I'll get it on, probably PS4 only because I really don't feel like jacking around with Uplay's UI popup to press Play twice and depends how buggy the PC version will be.

Console_Caesar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Console_Caesar

@lostrib said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@console_caesar said:

So I'm a troll because you can't show evidence against my claim? Seems like you're the troll here, not me! :-)

Console_Caesar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Console_Caesar

@lundy86_4 said:

@console_caesar said:

It might be bait but it's also the truth, tell me, can you handle the dirty and naked truth, hermit? :-)

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 lostrib

@console_caesar said:

@lostrib said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@console_caesar said:

So I'm a troll because you can't show evidence against my claim? Seems like you're the troll here, not me! :-)

...you didn't show evidence for your claim

Trololololololol

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 lostrib

@console_caesar said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@console_caesar said:

It might be bait but it's also the truth, tell me, can you handle the dirty and naked truth, hermit? :-)

Uh oh, things are getting creepy

Console_Caesar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Console_Caesar

@lostrib said:

@console_caesar said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@console_caesar said:

Uh oh, things are getting creepy

I take that as a no.

Console_Caesar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Console_Caesar

@lostrib said:

@console_caesar said:

@lostrib said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@console_caesar said:

...you didn't show evidence for your claim

Trololololololol

Because the evidence is in the OP, open your eyes, hermie! :-)

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 clyde46

@RimacBugatti said:

@clyde46: In that case I would go with the GTX 790! :) The Revo Drive runs at 220,000 input/output operations per second. Almost twice as much as the Vertex 4 SSD. I didn't get into computers for many years because I become impatient very fast and I have to have a fast computer. I actually had found an SSD with 1.2 million input/output operations per second but couldn't find a retailer or price.

1.2 million? What the hell do you need 1.2 million input/output opertations for? Are you editing uncompressed 4K footage? Are you designing skyscraper sized billboards? If not then its a complete waste of money. Games do not benefit from a SSD period so aside from putting your OS and the few always used programs is all an SSD is good for. And this is coming from someone who has an SSD for games and another for his OS.

Give me a budget and I will build a beastly PC with all the bells and whistles because clearly you seem to be bamboozled by marketing speak.

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clyde46 said:

@RimacBugatti said:

Titan Black is different to the standard Geforce cards. It renders triangles more efficiently as it has some of the Quadro technology in it, hence all the vram to back it up.

Source.

@RimacBugatti said:

@scottpsfan14: If I run SLI can I pair up my GTX 690 with a 780ti?

No, only the same family of GPU can be paired for SLI. So, GTX 780 and another GTX 780 can be paired but you can not pair a GTX 780 and a GTX 770. Besides, the 690 is a dual GPU card so if you add another 690 you start entering all the problems with 4 way SLI which aside from benchmarking performs worse than both 2 way and 3 way SLI. And FYI, nearly all boards now support SLI.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By clyde46

@console_caesar said:

Hyping a remake? Lawl.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@console_caesar said:

There's plenty of proof at the Showcase Your Rig thread in the PC subforum.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#186 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

@console_caesar said:

only an uneducated peasant thinks that it costs thousands. are you typing to these forums with your ps4? no, a PC you say? ok, now, how much did your non-gaming laptop and ps4 cost combined? yes, that is the price of a gaming PC.

"no. i still choose to believe that it's false and gaming PCs cost thousands. i want to live in denial."

ok what ever. carry on, peasant.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

@console_caesar said:

If we want ps4 level graphics and performance we could just get a cheap low-end GPU like the HD7850.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 RimacBugatti

@scottpsfan14: I may just buy a second GTX 690 and run SLI. I kind of want my cards to be the same. Only problem is the GTX 690 is so damn expensive.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By RimacBugatti

@console_caesar: Actually on a slow week I clear $800 and only work 30 hours a week or so. Use to make around $2000 a week. Stop describing yourself.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61423 Posts

@console_caesar said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@console_caesar said:

I can do dirty and naked. Still, i'm not a Hermit, so I dunno if it's possible.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 MK-Professor
@scottpsfan14 said:
@MK-Professor said:

@console_caesar said:

If we want ps4 level graphics and performance we could just get a cheap low-end GPU like the HD7850.

In the beginning of a console generation (now), A comparable PC, for multiplats would perform similar to the PS4 yes. As time goes on, and devs start to use the PS4 hardware more for multiplats, you will find that the same PC will be lagging behind the PS4. It is not a myth that performance improves on consoles. Ask any developer. Multiplats may never get enough budget spent on the PS4 version to fully utilize it, and the truth is, most games actually don't, but exclusives will. Obviously you can not run exclusives on PC so there is no way to compare, but if you listen to any developer, coding for a console is more in depth than coding for Direct X. It is more of a DIY process. You can strictly access any part of the hardware on PS4 which is something DX does not allow.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-how-the-crew-was-ported-to-playstation-4

This basically explains it.

you are wrong.

A HD HD7850 will always play games with similar graphics and performance like the ps4.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By MK-Professor

@scottpsfan14 said:

@MK-Professor said:
@scottpsfan14 said:

In the beginning of a console generation (now), A comparable PC, for multiplats would perform similar to the PS4 yes. As time goes on, and devs start to use the PS4 hardware more for multiplats, you will find that the same PC will be lagging behind the PS4. It is not a myth that performance improves on consoles. Ask any developer. Multiplats may never get enough budget spent on the PS4 version to fully utilize it, and the truth is, most games actually don't, but exclusives will. Obviously you can not run exclusives on PC so there is no way to compare, but if you listen to any developer, coding for a console is more in depth than coding for Direct X. It is more of a DIY process. You can strictly access any part of the hardware on PS4 which is something DX does not allow.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-how-the-crew-was-ported-to-playstation-4

you are wrong.

A HD HD7850 will always play games with similar graphics and performance like the ps4.

How am I wrong? Stop being ignorant because you clearly know nothing.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

remember back in 2006? people saying "the ps3 will perform better than the 8800 in a few years" LOLOLOLOLOLOL. (the 8800 now play games with BETTER graphics and performance than 360/ps3)

In a few years from now the HD7850 will still perform very similar to PS4. It is that simple, the PS4 is not going to get any faster, or the HD7850 is not going to get any slower than what it is now. And before you say the word "optimization" that console gamers like to use so much, it is time to learn that optimization is done in both pc and console it is not one sided, meaning that a HD7850 in 2017 will play games(at low settings of course and 30fps) that look better than today games at high settings, the same will be true for PS4 of course. Prime example a GPU like the prehistoric ATI x1950pro that can play games like crysis2 on low settings and 30fps, I mean who could have thought a x1950pro that was used play games like FEAR(from 2005) that some day will play games with playable fps that look so much better.

7MDMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 7MDMA
Member since 2014 • 315 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

@MK-Professor said:
@scottpsfan14 said:
@MK-Professor said:

@console_caesar said:

you are wrong.

How am I wrong? Stop being ignorant because you clearly know nothing.

There is hardly going to be any difference overtime, if any at all. The architecture is virtually identical now on all platforms and the PS4 wont magically evolve from its current form as a low end PC. Perhaps there will be some optimizations (standardised platform) but it wont be as drastic as you seem to think.

The same PC wont be lagging the PS4; the devs will be gimping and downscaling settings on new games while its up to the end user on the PC to do the same.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 MK-Professor

@scottpsfan14 said:

I have seen that video of x1950 playing Crysis 2 at low. However, that is an unoptimized multiplat with almost no console optimization, as consoles are not Crytek's specialty. No one said that a multiplat game on PS4 is going to keep up with a PC over the years. What I am saying however is that a console is a totally different machine to a PC regardless of it being x86. It does not run windows for a start. This is a huge factor as PC games are actually Microsoft Windows games. They run on Direct X, a high level API created to run on top of Windows which is, it's self a high level Operating System. The PS4 is designed to give 100% access to it's hardware. The truth is, when most console gamers use the optimization card, they don't truly know what they are saying, so you find that most PC gamers, that are usually more knowledgeable about hardware than your average consolite, are able to manipulate the conversation their way to make them look right. Just saying. But you obviously don't know these things based on your comment. You literally just listen to what other PC gamers say and if a PC gamer on Youtube uploads a video about "how console optimization is a myth" for instance, you jump on the band wagon without fact checking.

Do you even know the structure of the PS4 and how games are created on PS4? Did you know that it actually features 2 API's? Did you know that one of them is very similar to DX11.2 minus the legecy issues which is what most multiplats as of now are coded on for the PS4? This means that there is some truth to what you said, but you don't actually know why it's the truth. It's because multiplats such as BF4 and CoD Ghosts on PS4 actually use the DX11.2-like API for the PS4 and this results in similar performance to an equivalent PC. As games advance on PS4, they will begin to utilize the lower level API in the console making use of the hardware more and more (not all games will of course). PC does get optimization in the sense of better drivers etc, but a console game will be designed from the ground up with custom code instructions for the hardware which you simply can't do on PC with DX. There is a whole world of difference between a PC and Console if the console game is fully optimized. For instance, The Last Of Us would not run on a 7800 GTX. This game has optimization algorithms for hardware that doesn't even exist on anything else. It's custom coded. Totally different. This is something that most PC gamers simply can't fathom for some bizarre reason. You will probably continue to argue black is white. But I'm only stating facts.

Multiplats speak for themselves a similar GPU in power will perform very similar in pc and consoles, that is what happen in the 7th gen(form start to end), the same it will be with the 8th gen.

"you obviously don't know these things" very funny, you don't even know me, or you haven't searched any of my post history. I am probably one of the few people here that know very well about this stuff.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By MK-Professor

@scottpsfan14 said:

I think you need to understand that I am not downplaying the PC. I am merely explaining that PC's and Consoles do not function in the same way. Hardware needs good software, and the PS4's software is made just for it and there is no overheads in place. Given that multiplats utilize the low level API on PS4 (called GNL if you are wondering), they will in deed perform noticeably better than the equivalent PC. If they continue to use GNLX (High level API that is similar to DX11.2), then yes, performance on an equivalent PC will be similar. They will be more stable than PC versions however because the games are not reliant on the OS like PC games are.

Btw I wasn't trying to be a dick when saying you don't know these things, that was me assuming you were not listening to what I was trying to say. I was just trying to explain an important difference in the functionality between PC's and Consoles (PS4 in particular). Just know that console exclusives would require more power to run them on a PC because they are truly optimized unlike multiplats such as Crysis 2 on PS3/360.

As I said Multiplats speak for themselves, obviously we can't compare PC exclusives or console exclusives becasue we need to make the comparison on the same game. The only overhead that came from directx are the drew calls and that is only affect the CPU and not the GPU. That is why similar spec GPU perform the same on pc and on consoles.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

I am very excited to play this.