Watch Dogs, only 12 hours, has a Teen rating, no Multiplyer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by tymeservesfate (1949 posts) -

no, that'll be Infamous Second Son LAWL. Watch Dogs on the other hand, 40 to 100 hours of gameplay, with a possible rating of R18, with a deep online multiplayer element intermingled into the game world's singleplayer.

refreshing to hear about a seemingly, big, dense, game world that actually seems populated...different gameplay concepts and ideas for its singleplayer, as well multiplayer...40 to a 100 hours of gameplay without having to play the same singleplayer campaign over just to see some minor tweaks in the story...a mature game rating. and with this board having mostly adults on it i assume a game geared towards adults should be appreciated.

Creative Director claims Watch Dogs will take average player "35-40" hours to complete

"Asked about the games' length, Morin stated that an average player, doing plenty of the open-world stuff that Watch Dogs has touted for a while, can expect the game to last somewhere between 35-40 hours of playtime. Completionists who want to see everything, however, will be looking at a time closer to a hundred hours."

-

Watch Dogs new content provoked R18+ reclassification Extra development time allowed for more scenes, new version had to be resubmitted

"The ACB report states "The game contains references to sexual violence that cannot be accommodated in the MA15+ classification category, which states that "sexual violence, implied or otherwise, is not permitted"

-

Watch Dogs hands-on - hacker magic, vigilante action and multiplayer invasions

"Watch Dogs' hacking mechanic is designed to sit on top of all the traditional activities of an open-world game."

now this...seems like a real next gen open world game despite the dip in graphics from E3. ALWAYS Gameplay>Graphics...this game seems exciting. and it didnt even need 1st party support from Sony or Microsoft. Watch Dogs still seems as impressive as it was at its initial E3 reveal...now for many other reasons though, besides just the graphics. i'm sure some will disagree though for some reasons...but :]

#2 Posted by lostrib (37587 posts) -

Teen...wtf

#3 Posted by Netret0120 (2197 posts) -

I'll wait for reviews on both games. But just because a game is mature doesn't necessarily make it better by default.

#4 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5630 posts) -

Teen rating and no multiplayer mean nothing to me.

#5 Posted by arkephonic (6457 posts) -

Watch Dogs can't sniff Infamous's jock strap.

#6 Posted by getyeryayasout (7598 posts) -

Only a child's mind would think that mature=better.

#7 Edited by KittenNose (516 posts) -

I honestly don't care about the rating, sexual reference is required to boost that past teen (or heavy swearing) and video games always do sex horribly. The twelve hour main campaign doesn't mean much to a sandbox game either. I think if you don't do side missions every Fallout game is that short. The campaign is the absolute worst part of any sandbox game. Heck GTA campaigns are just laughably bad. It is everything else that makes them good.

Not really impressed with watch dogs, mostly because I don't buy hype. A game company can tell you anything they want to about a game before it comes out, and no one in the media is going to claim they are defrauding their customers. Look at Peter Mollydoof. The man is only relevant in modern gaming because he lies his pants off. If his catch phrase was "Look, and judge for yourself" No one would have interviewed him in the past decade.

I hope watchdogs gives us all a bunch of fun tools and tells us to go buck wild, but that isn't the kind of thing you can take on faith in an industry where Colonial Marine doesn't stop a single person from begging for the chance to pre-order Borderlands 3. For the record, I am not taking a shot at anyone there. I would trade trade half my game collection to be Borderlands 3 today. Just saying, the industry kind of runs on exaggeration.

#8 Posted by handssss (1837 posts) -

I bet you thought you were being awfully clever by not putting Infamous in the title in hopes of dodging the mods.

Stick to the sticky, you butthurt douchebag.

#9 Posted by HitmanActual (384 posts) -

Deep online multiplayer?...sure it will.

#10 Posted by 2beers_in_hand (2950 posts) -

@handssss: Shhhh doent let him get on another woe is me rant. He douched up the other thread with a wall of whine. Anyways I'm looking foward to both open wirld games for different reasons.

#11 Posted by Zaraxius (205 posts) -

PC gamers love their little labels. M is just another positive attribute of the game to them. I can't blame them though. They're just sheep regurgitating whatever article they most recently read. It's not like they even possess the intellect to apply logic and reasoning themselves.

#12 Posted by handssss (1837 posts) -

@2beers_in_hand said:

@handssss: Shhhh doent let him get on another woe is me rant. He douched up the other thread with a wall of whine. Anyways I'm looking foward to both open wirld games for different reasons.

as am i. Ubisoft hasn't let me down the last 2 games from them I've played (black flag + far cry 3) so I'd like to believe in them for this game too.

#13 Posted by JangoWuzHere (16556 posts) -

12 hours is not short

Only an asshat would think that M>T

No multiplayer is not a bad thing for obvious reasons.

#14 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5095 posts) -

Literally nothing there that suggests Watch Dogs is a T.

tymeservesfate thread, mods please lock.

#15 Edited by lostrib (37587 posts) -

@zaraxius said:

PC gamers love their little labels. M is just another positive attribute of the game to them. I can't blame them though. They're just sheep regurgitating whatever article they most recently read. It's not like they even possess the intellect to apply logic and reasoning themselves.

trololololololol

#16 Posted by silversix_ (14784 posts) -

12h already know. T for teen just like the other two Infamous. No online already known so where is the bad news at? Let me rephrase. Where is the nitpicking bs lems need to take into account to even find a single negative thing about this game? There's none... go back to your 792p title.