Watch dogs, minimum specs confirmed for PS4.

• 144 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

I swear TC is either trolling or has an iq lower than a 6yr old. If you wanna go by his hand then what, he said lower 3 times, and that makes Titan SLI, 780 Ti, 780 and PS4 level right after. So you're saying PS4 is gtx 770 level? That's fine in my book. If that's the minimum spec then godspeed to you all LMAO.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#102 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@-Unreal- said:

The game should look and perform similarly on PS4 to a budget graphics card like a 750 Ti.

Its a beastly budget card though.

It is. People fail to take into consideration how easily it can be put into a regular non-gaming PC with a half-decent PC and a half-decent amount of RAM and do a good job at playing games.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#103 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@l34052 said:

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@GabranthXIII said:

W_D Interview

"and basically from there as your hardware sorta comes down in power you're gonna sort off get closer and closer to what you see on the playstation 4"

They also say true graphics will be on the master race that is PC.

who cares pc gaming is boring as hell, have fun playing with nobody. lol.

You're trying too hard

He's right though, how much fun is being hunched over a monitor sat on a desk when i can have my friends over or play with my family sat on the couch with a full surround sound setup watching a 64" plasma screen.

I know which i would rather have.

So much stupidity in this comment, i play my PC sat on my couch through my big screen with surround sound with a 360 controller.

Lol at people who think hunched over a desk is the only way to play PC.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Can someone please explain this picture to me? Apparently it's one the current showcased videos of Watch Dogs running on a PS4...

GabranthXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By GabranthXIII
Member since 2008 • 996 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

Can someone please explain this picture to me? Apparently it's one the current showcased videos of Watch Dogs running on a PS4...

True, that's the PS4 version. Anyway, just get the GTX780 as you said and enjoy the master race.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#106  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Where is that guy "m3dude Something" who was in delusion and said that PS4 will have Ultra visuals , the difference will be minor and will have all those effects of PC except TXAA . Lol .

• 1st footage is from E3 2012
  • 2nd footage is from PS4 where commentator talks about people concerns about downgrade .
  • Third Footage is from latest nVIDIA trailer .

Then he compares both PC footages , and frankly , new footage looks even better .

Loading Video...

mind linking me to the post where i allegedly claimed that?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Cloud_imperium

@l34052 said:

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@GabranthXIII said:

W_D Interview

"and basically from there as your hardware sorta comes down in power you're gonna sort off get closer and closer to what you see on the playstation 4"

who cares pc gaming is boring as hell, have fun playing with nobody. lol.

You're trying too hard

He's right though, how much fun is being hunched over a monitor sat on a desk when i can have my friends over or play with my family sat on the couch with a full surround sound setup watching a 64" plasma screen.

I know which i would rather have.

Loading Video...

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

ok, link me to the language translator you are using to come away with "ps4 will use all ultra except txaa" from the post of mine you just pasted.

kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts

Was anyone seriously expecting the console version to be spectacular? PC version looks amazing though!

Watch Dogs was never downgraded, Ubisoft just showed the console version.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

no surprise here

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#111 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

I am utterly shocked

GabranthXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 GabranthXIII
Member since 2008 • 996 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

I am utterly shocked

So am I... And here I was thinking the new potatoes could at least do medium, oh well.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#113 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@GabranthXIII said:

@cainetao11 said:

I am utterly shocked

So am I... And here I was thinking the new potatoes could at least do medium, oh well.

I was actually being sarcastic. This gens consoles are weaker than last at launch compared to PC. But the games I've seen still look great, imo. Hell, I still like the games on PS3/360

lunar1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By lunar1122
Member since 2012 • 784 Posts

@m3dude1: From the text that guy quoted of you. I'd say you are also wrong in what you said.. You basically are saying only nvidia users will see improvements over the ps4 version. That again is a garbage assumption.

1) HBAO+ also works on AMD cards.. PS4 wont even be running hbao at all. It will be some downgraded version of it if any

2) TXAA is not special sauce AA. MSAA is the champion of AA . TXAA is what you would use if your card isnt up to par. TXAA blurs the vision..

Crysis 3 uses TXAA and MSAA. Here is a break down analysis http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/03/12/crysis_3_video_card_performance_iq_review/9#.U1pzMvldU8o

AMD cards can use MSAA which is better than TXAA so nothing is missed about not having nvidias crap.

So on both accounts you are wrong. AMD users such as myself will be seeing vast improvements over the dirty console versions

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#115  Edited By Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

@lunar1122 said:

@m3dude1: From the text that guy quoted of you. I'd say you are also wrong in what you said.. You basically are saying only nvidia users will see improvements over the ps4 version. That again is a garbage assumption.

1) HBAO+ also works on AMD cards.. PS4 wont even be running hbao at all. It will be some downgraded version of it if any

2) TXAA is not special sauce AA. MSAA is the champion of AA . TXAA is what you would use if your card isnt up to par. TXAA blurs the vision..

Crysis 3 uses TXAA and MSAA. Here is a break down analysis http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/03/12/crysis_3_video_card_performance_iq_review/9#.U1pzMvldU8o

AMD cards can use MSAA which is better than TXAA so nothing is missed about not having nvidias crap.

So on both accounts you are wrong. AMD users such as myself will be seeing vast improvements over the dirty console versions

MSAA is not better than TXAA. Inf act TXAA uses MSAA along with a temporal aliasing filter and post processing edge anti-aliasing (similar to FXAA) to achieve basically jaggie free gameplay. The issue with it is that there's a blur applied to the image that is stronger than pure FXAA and somepl don't like that.

I personally like it for the most part, as the temporal filter is kind of important, and of course MSAA doesn't do anything for that or for transparency AA or for texture AA.

Temporal aliasing is crucial because even if you only have a few non-attention grabbign jaggies in a static frame, the moment the camera moves they start to scream: LOOK AT ME YOU SOB! I"M RIGHT HERE, DIDN'T FIX ME YOU BASTARD!!!!!!

God, I hate jaggies.

:p

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#116  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@Vatusus said:

@lostrib said:

@Vatusus said:

yeah, good luck on buying a $2000 card to max out W_D hermits. I wonder how many of you will actually max it out. I bet most are just bragging about this just to bash on consoles but truth is, most of you wont even play W_D on max settings either

WTF?

Ok, the $2000 thingy was just to add some drama but still

W_D ultra settings

GTX 780 price

yeah, I'll be fine with a $400 console

My 3 year old GTX 580 runs games better than the PS4's graphics card. And the best part is, if I upgrade to a better card later, it's like getting free "HD versions" of all my PC games lol. So I get why you are fine with the PS4 version if you don't have a PC, but try to understand why someone with a PC would also feel

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

From what I remember the recommended system requirements on PC are around PS4 level. Minimum system requirements were even lower than XBONE.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#118 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

@glez13 said:

From what I remember the recommended system requirements on PC are around PS4 level. Minimum system requirements were even lower than XBONE.

No, recommended were calling for an i7, which is somehting like 4 times the power of a PS4 CPU. Again, this is one of the cases where the engine isn't fully modernized yet, there's still probably a lot of CPU overhead.

DrkeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 DrkeX
Member since 2003 • 645 Posts

@m3dude1: you've made many stupid claims in the past year, there's too many to find.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

@glez13 said:

The recommended reqs ask for a GTX780.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#121 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:

@glez13 said:

And a Titan if you want to max it.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#122 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@Heil68 said:

So best version CONFIRMED. Thanks for the link TC.

The best version will be on the PC. The game looks nothing like it did at the E3 last year. Either they were showing the game on a very high-tech PC at the E3 or there was some serious downgrading down to the game. It still looks ok, but nothing special like it did at the E3 with the rain effects and night time lighting.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

@blackace said:
@Heil68 said:

The best version will be on the PC. The game looks nothing like it did at the E3 last year. Either they were showing the game on a very high-tech PC at the E3 or there was some serious downgrading down to the game. It still looks ok, but nothing special like it did at the E3 with the rain effects and night time lighting.

I'm betting the PS4 will be the best console version and it's the one I'm getting. I was hoping to have it at the PS4/X1 launch, so Ubi had better deliver a good game

. I'm still not sure if I should buy it day one due to all the drama around the game and wait for some reviews but I probably will since open world games are my favorite to play.

I'll get the PC version much later on a under $10 sale like all PC games that I buy.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:

@glez13 said:

No that's for ultra or max or whatever they called it. Recommended asks for 8 core CPU and 560ti or 7850 GPU.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@lunar1122 said:

Where did i say hbao+ doesnt work on amd cards? txaa is much better than msaa, its an evolution of it. its just adding temporal filters and custom resolve ON TOP of basic msaa to eradicate a large amount of the shimmering/temporal aliasing you see during movement. god for being a "master race" most of you guys are very dumb.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts
@gpuking said:

I swear TC is either trolling or has an iq lower than a 6yr old. If you wanna go by his hand then what, he said lower 3 times, and that makes Titan SLI, 780 Ti, 780 and PS4 level right after. So you're saying PS4 is gtx 770 level? That's fine in my book. If that's the minimum spec then godspeed to you all LMAO.

That's worse logic than the TC's

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 SuddenlyTragic
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

If it looks and performs similarly to AC4 on PS4 that will be great. Insecure hermits in this thread. PS4 version will be the best-selling for sure.

AC4's performance was terrible when you consider the fact that it's a last gen game. It runs at about 25-30fps when all it is a high-rez port of a 360/PS3 game using the graphics engine from the original Assassin's Creed which was released in 2007. That game should have had no problem running at 60fps.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

If it looks and performs similarly to AC4 on PS4 that will be great. Insecure hermits in this thread. PS4 version will be the best-selling for sure.

AC4's performance was terrible when you consider the fact that it's a last gen game. It runs at about 25-30fps when all it is a high-rez port of a 360/PS3 game using the graphics engine from the original Assassin's Creed which was released in 2007. That game should have had no problem running at 60fps.

That's actually false. Runs locked at 30 fps. Just correcting you tis all.

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 SuddenlyTragic

@lbjkurono23 said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

That's not false, the game regularly drops below 30fps. I own the game and know what framerates look like. No way is it at a constant 30fps.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

That's not false, the game regularly drops below 30fps. I own the game and know what framerates look like. No way is it at a constant 30fps.

It doesn't. Take a look at the performance analysis. Don't let the mind fool you. Wanting something to be true, to the point it deceives you doesn't make it true.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#131 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

recommended specs is HD7850 so recommend specs are PS4

recommended specs may suck big time

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Cloud_imperium

@blackace said:
@Heil68 said:

The game looks at least as good as it did at E3 , in some cases it looks even better . You need to watch videos again .

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By SuddenlyTragic

@lbjkurono23 said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

It doesn't. Take a look at the performance analysis. Don't let the mind fool you. Wanting something to be true, to the point it deceives you doesn't make it true.

Well I didn't read any performances analysises (analyses?) but you could be right. To me it looks like it goes below 30, but that could be dropping from 40 something to 30 because there are noticeable drops in certain areas compared to others and there's no denying that. I also own the game for PC and it runs at 55-60+ and it looks significantly smoother. All I'm saying though is that the PS4 should be able to output that kind of performance too considering the console is only several months old and that's a game using a very old last-gen engine. Battlefield 4's singleplayer especially looks stunning and on par with the PC version, running at 60 fps, Infamous looks absolutely amazing and has some of the best graphics I've ever seen, same with Killzone. The PS4 has proved that it can put out some great graphics, so AC4 shouldn't be a problem.

c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@GabranthXIII said:

Old news

In other news, water is wet.

comptonst88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By comptonst88
Member since 2012 • 348 Posts

@glez13 said:

You would be right, here is the link with proof:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/07/watch-dogs-recommended-specs-revealed

comptonst88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 comptonst88
Member since 2012 • 348 Posts

@Vatusus said:

yeah, good luck on buying a $2000 card to max out W_D hermits. I wonder how many of you will actually max it out. I bet most are just bragging about this just to bash on consoles but truth is, most of you wont even play W_D on max settings either

Most PC gamers will likely be playing it at around recommended settings which is similar to PS4 settings.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@donalbane: The 580 will get smoked in upcoming games. Stop using launch ports as a measuring stick.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

I wonder when we'll start seeing games built start to finish with finalized console hardware? Probably 2-3 years.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#141 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@donalbane: The 580 will get smoked in upcoming games. Stop using launch ports as a measuring stick.

It will forever be better than the new consoles, though. Plus, I'm due for an upgrade within the next year.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@GabranthXIII said:

W_D Interview

Oh yes the Disaster Race. LOL

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@clr84651 said:

@GabranthXIII said:

W_D Interview

"For God's sake dude. Let people make topics and site sources and say things and when you don't support their likes don't say anything unless you have an understandable and logical reason and state something constructive in return. Otherwise it comes across as being a dick to people just for making a topic about something that you aren't interested in."

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@lostrib said:

@clr84651 said:

@GabranthXIII said:

W_D Interview

"For God's sake dude. Let people make topics and site sources and say things and when you don't support their likes don't say anything unless you have an understandable and logical reason and state something constructive in return. Otherwise it comes across as being a dick to people just for making a topic about something that you aren't interested in."

Alright.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Nothing new here. Consoles are always underpowered compared to PCs over £550.

Man, I can't imagine Watch Dogs on PS4 and X1. It must be awful, I mean, dat framerate and dat blurry resolution with jaggies. This is why I'm holding off GTA 5 for PC even though I have a PS3.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

It's starting to show that only very insecure PC gamers do call themselves "master race".

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@7mdma said:

Peasants are about to get used to the next gen budget gaming experience for real with fresh off the line titles like Watchdogs. Previous games like BF 4 and Thief were gimped compared to PC but they still weren't vastly inferior like some of the new titles rolling out. The tears will be delicious and the excuses hilarious.

I dont think everything will be in low/minimum settings though; probably medium across the board with bad draw distance and a few of the more demanding settings on low (weaksauce AO and anti-aliasing. ) All this at a majestic (but not constant) 30 FPS.

BF4 is another yawn inducing generic shootan game and Thief was a tedious pale shadow of it's former glory. I'm not even paying attention to Watchdogs because it simply doesn't look like a very good game. What does it matter if it looks prettier, if it's just not fun?

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By AM-Gamer

@donalbane said:

@AM-Gamer said:

It will forever be better than the new consoles, though. Plus, I'm due for an upgrade within the next year.

Um no it really wont.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 AM-Gamer
@Cyberdot said:

Nothing new here. Consoles are always underpowered compared to PCs over £550.

Man, I can't imagine Watch Dogs on PS4 and X1. It must be awful, I mean, dat framerate and dat blurry resolution with jaggies. This is why I'm holding off GTA 5 for PC even though I have a PS3.

I didnt know 1080p is blurry resolution now.

@donalbane said:

@AM-Gamer said:

Um no it really wont.