Watch dogs, minimum specs confirmed for PS4.

#1 Edited by GabranthXIII (994 posts) -

W_D Interview

"and basically from there as your hardware sorta comes down in power you're gonna sort off get closer and closer to what you see on the playstation 4"

They also say true graphics will be on the master race that is PC.

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (31685 posts) -

@GabranthXIII said:

Old news

#4 Posted by ermacness (7131 posts) -

So, how do you come up with "minimum specs" out of what he said in the video?

All we know is that the PC version will be the better looking port, just like 99% of multiplats out there.

Nothing new to see here

#5 Posted by GabranthXIII (994 posts) -

@ermacness said:

All we know is that the PC version will be the better looking port, just like 99% of multiplats out there.

Nothing new to see here

Look at his hand how he moves it in tiers, and PS4 is of course at the bottom of it. Minimum confirmed.

#6 Posted by Indicud (745 posts) -

Wrong

#7 Posted by -Unreal- (24557 posts) -

The game should look and perform similarly on PS4 to a budget graphics card like a 750 Ti.

#8 Posted by Heil68 (47174 posts) -

So best version CONFIRMED. Thanks for the link TC.

#10 Posted by MonsieurX (31685 posts) -
@Indicud said:

Wrong

So,the devs are wrong?

#11 Edited by Heil68 (47174 posts) -

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@GabranthXIII said:

@ermacness said:

Nothing new to see here

Look at his hand how he moves it in tiers, and PS4 is of course at the bottom of it. Minimum confirmed.

Idiot

lolz

#12 Edited by 7MDMA (315 posts) -

Peasants are about to get used to the next gen budget gaming experience for real with fresh off the line titles like Watchdogs. Previous games like BF 4 and Thief were gimped compared to PC but they still weren't vastly inferior like some of the new titles rolling out. The tears will be delicious and the excuses hilarious.

I dont think everything will be in low/minimum settings though; probably medium across the board with bad draw distance and a few of the more demanding settings on low (weaksauce AO and anti-aliasing. ) All this at a majestic (but not constant) 30 FPS.

#13 Posted by GabranthXIII (994 posts) -

@7mdma said:

Peasants are about to get used to the next gen budget gaming experience for real with fresh off the line titles like Watchdogs. Previous games like BF 4 and Thief were gimped compared to PC but they still weren't vastly inferior like some of the new titles rolling out. The tears will be delicious and the excuses hilarious.

I dont think everything will be in low/minimum settings though; probably medium across the board with bad draw distance and a few of the more demanding settings on low (weaksauce AO and anti-aliasing. ) All this at a majestic (but not constant) 30 FPS.

Silky smooth 24 fps

#14 Posted by 7MDMA (315 posts) -

Long loading times will allow peasants enough time to fix themselves spam sandwitches.

Pop in will make for some quirky gaming experiences as buildings magically appear in the distance.

Fun times.

#15 Posted by clyde46 (47594 posts) -

@-Unreal- said:

The game should look and perform similarly on PS4 to a budget graphics card like a 750 Ti.

Its a beastly budget card though.

#16 Posted by Epic-gamerz (222 posts) -

And PC gamers said the PS4 WatchDog tech footage couldn't be done on PS4.... Well that's when they thought it was running on PC

#17 Posted by GabranthXIII (994 posts) -

@epic-gamerz said:

And PC gamers said the PS4 WatchDog tech footage couldn't be done on PS4.... Well that's when they thought it was running on PC

And probably was.

#18 Edited by StrongBlackVine (9471 posts) -

If it looks and performs similarly to AC4 on PS4 that will be great. Insecure hermits in this thread. PS4 version will be the best-selling for sure.

#19 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9471 posts) -

If it looks and performs similarly to AC4 on PS4 that will be great. Insecure hermits in this thread. PS4 version will the best-selling for sure.

@clyde46 said:

@-Unreal- said:

People cracks joke like this, but I have been more than happy with the PS4's game performance so far. After playing Killzone SF, inFAMOUS SS, and Tomb Raider DE currently I would be content with those graphics/performance for rest of the generation. Guess my standards are lower though.

#20 Posted by Tighaman (1038 posts) -

this is stupid

#21 Edited by PS4hasNOgames (2347 posts) -

@GabranthXIII said:

W_D Interview

"and basically from there as your hardware sorta comes down in power you're gonna sort off get closer and closer to what you see on the playstation 4"

who cares pc gaming is boring as hell, have fun playing with nobody. lol.

#22 Posted by lostrib (42756 posts) -

@epic-gamerz: which video?

#23 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (7141 posts) -

Going from past Ubisoft games on PC, I'll take the PS4 version thanks.

#24 Posted by clyde46 (47594 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

If it looks and performs similarly to AC4 on PS4 that will be great. Insecure hermits in this thread. PS4 version will the best-selling for sure.

@clyde46 said:

@-Unreal- said:

People cracks joke like this, but I have been more than happy with the PS4's game performance so far. After playing Killzone SF, inFAMOUS SS, and Tomb Raider DE currently I would be content with those graphics/performance for rest of the generation. Guess my standards are lower though.

I was impressed but never "Wow'd" with the graphics from my PS4. I'm just waiting for those first class Sony exclusives to start rolling in. I also want a good racer for my PS4.

#25 Posted by lostrib (42756 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

@GabranthXIII said:

W_D Interview

You're trying too hard

#26 Posted by musicalmac (23635 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

I was impressed but never "Wow'd" with the graphics from my PS4. I'm just waiting for those first class Sony exclusives to start rolling in. I also want a good racer for my PS4.

Don't know if it'll ever happen. I remember the 360 wow'ing me with CoD2. It was really exciting.

These new consoles won't be able to do that for us this time around, sadly.

#27 Posted by lostrib (42756 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

@clyde46 said:

Don't know if it'll ever happen. I remember the 360 wow'ing me with CoD2. It was really exciting.

Mmmmm, COD 2

Good stuff

#28 Posted by musicalmac (23635 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Mmmmm, COD 2

Good stuff

It was a great moment, my friend, not to be repeated with this generation, sadly.

#29 Posted by lostrib (42756 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

@lostrib said:

Mmmmm, COD 2

Good stuff

It was a great moment, my friend, not to be repeated with this generation, sadly.

I'll always love those WW2 based CODs.

#30 Posted by Kjranu (1283 posts) -

Guess I'll just buy the PC version and plug in my Dualshock 4 controller and voila my PC is PS6.

#31 Posted by musicalmac (23635 posts) -

@lostrib said:

I never played CoD3, but did play the first two (both to completion). They were fun (the second dragged a little for me by the end). CoD4 is probably the most fun campaign (killer opening).

#32 Edited by Heil68 (47174 posts) -
@musicalmac said:

@clyde46 said:

It's already happening<--

#33 Edited by lostrib (42756 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

@lostrib said:

I never played CoD3, but did play the first two (both to completion). They were fun (the second dragged a little for me by the end). CoD4 is probably the most fun campaign (killer opening).

I only played the PC ones (COD1+Expansion, and COD2). The COD4 campaign when it came out was pretty awesome, the ending was just adrenaline pumping "go go go" action. Plus, "All Ghillied Up"

#34 Posted by mems_1224 (48572 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

If it looks and performs similarly to AC4 on PS4 that will be great. Insecure hermits in this thread. PS4 version will be the best-selling for sure.

lulz, poor cows. only play sales. never games. id rather have the best looking version over the best selling version. how does watch dogs selling more improve your enjoyment of the game?

#35 Edited by tonitorsi (8613 posts) -

@Heil68 said:
@musicalmac said:

@clyde46 said:

That 1.2 million-slays-a-month is giving us a taste of the Live, Love, Learn philosophy

#GodnyIsReal

#36 Posted by musicalmac (23635 posts) -

@tonitorsi said:

@Heil68 said:

That 1.2 million-slays-a-month is giving us a taste of the Live, Love, Learn philosophy

#GodnyIsReal

lol, I have no idea what's going on.

#37 Posted by mems_1224 (48572 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@musicalmac said:

@clyde46 said:

Mmmmm, COD 2

Good stuff

Was that the one where you storm Normandy? Man, that blew my mind when it came out.

#38 Edited by lostrib (42756 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@lostrib said:

@musicalmac said:

@clyde46 said:

Mmmmm, COD 2

Good stuff

Was that the one where you storm Normandy? Man, that blew my mind when it came out.

Yes, but not in the MoH manner. You're part of the Rangers climbing a cliff. But after you gain ground you eventually get pushed back by germans, and have to hold them off until you can call in an airstrike and back up

#39 Posted by clyde46 (47594 posts) -

@tonitorsi said:

@Heil68 said:
@musicalmac said:

@clyde46 said:

#GodnyIsReal

Still no games though.

#40 Edited by StrongBlackVine (9471 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

@clyde46 said:

inFAMOUS Second Son already did it as an open world game(graphically). Are you saying there is no room left for improvement from that game when much more linear games by Naughty Dog, SSM, Media Molecule and Quantic Dream are released?

#41 Posted by mems_1224 (48572 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@mems_1224 said:

@lostrib said:

@musicalmac said:

@clyde46 said:

Mmmmm, COD 2

Good stuff

Yes, but not in the MoH manner. You're part of the Rangers climbing a cliff. But after you gain ground you eventually get pushed back by germans, and have to hold them off until you can call in an airstrike and back up

Yea, I remember that level because the explosions and smoke looked so cool.

#42 Posted by lostrib (42756 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

@musicalmac said:

@clyde46 said:

inFAMOUS Second Son already did it(graphically). Are you saying there is no room left for improvement from that game?

Just because you were wow'd by Second Son doesn't mean others were

#43 Posted by musicalmac (23635 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

inFAMOUS Second Son already did it(graphically). Are you saying there is no room left for improvement from that game?

Is the PS4 your first console since the PS2?

#44 Posted by mems_1224 (48572 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

LOL seriously. It looks like a nice looking Infamous game. Nothing really mind blowing from anything I've seen.

#45 Edited by StrongBlackVine (9471 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@musicalmac said:

@clyde46 said:

Don't know what you have been reading or watching, but inFAMOUS SS graphics impressed more gamers than not, even a lot of hermits.

#46 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (2347 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@GabranthXIII said:

W_D Interview

You're trying too hard

Butt hurt? haa

#47 Posted by lostrib (42756 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

@lostrib said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@musicalmac said:

@clyde46 said:

Don't know what you have been reading or watching, but inFAMOUS SS graphics impressed more gamers than not, even a lot of hermits.

Please, provide me with your statistics on the matter

#48 Posted by lostrib (42756 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@GabranthXIII said:

W_D Interview

You're trying too hard

Butt hurt? haa

about what?

#49 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9471 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

That didn't answer my question. inFAMOUS SS was clearly a large leap graphically from anything available on previous consoles so I see no reason to not expect future exclusives to look progressively better.

#50 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9471 posts) -
@mems_1224 said:

@musicalmac said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

LOL seriously. It looks like a nice looking Infamous game. Nothing really mind blowing from anything I've seen.

What open world game released before it looks better?