Watch Dogs for PC Looks Like E3 Footage Now!

#1 Edited by melonfarmerz (1127 posts) -

So a few hours ago, the Gaf and r/gaming communities worked together and unlocked coding that makes Watch Dogs look just like the E3 demo. The mod is now available for download.

Best part is, the mod isn't even close to done yet. They are still looking for more of the coding. Basically, it will look even better in a few days.

Source and proof

The reasoning behind this, as concluded by everyone on Gaf, is simple. The console versions can't run anything close to this. Because they just came out and they are the bread and butter of Ubisoft sales, Ubisoft didn't want to alienate consumers by having such a large disparity between PC and 4 month old consoles. So they lied about being downgraded. If this doesn't show that stagnant consoles are holding back PC gaming and gaming in general, I don't know what does.

This is amazing, especially after a week of shit anti PC threads based on opinion. lol.

Note that none of these pics are mine

#2 Edited by stereointegrity (10701 posts) -

#3 Posted by Blabadon (25952 posts) -

Damn the PS4 for holding back gaming.

#4 Posted by Heirren (16576 posts) -

So a few hours ago, the Gaf and r/gaming communities worked together and unlocked coding that makes Watch Dogs look just like the E3 demo. The mod is now available for download.

The reasoning behind this, as concluded by everyone on Gaf, is simple. The console versions can't run anything close to this. Because they just came out and they are the bread and butter of Ubisoft sales, Ubisoft didn't want to alienate consumers by having such a large disparity between PC and 4 month old consoles. So they lied about being downgraded. If this doesn't show that stagnant consoles are holding back PC gaming and gaming in general, I don't know what does.

This is amazing, especially after a week of shit anti PC threads based on opinion. lol.

LO F'N L

It isn't the graphics holding back the pc format. It is the culmination of they types of games that sell well. LOL because you are constituting the exact thing people are stressing about these days--graphics. PC games are held back by game design that became popular on consoles, not graphics.

#5 Posted by locopatho (20177 posts) -

PC gamers not buying enough games is what holds back PC games.

#6 Posted by melonfarmerz (1127 posts) -

@Heirren: Controls, gameplay, story, graphics, all tie back to games in general. If something holds back controls, it holds back games. If something holds back visuals, it still holds back games.

#7 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (1408 posts) -

1- LOL ubisoft.

2- Mods. If it's broken, they fix it. if it's not broken, they make it better. GTA 5 ICEnhancer.

3- LOL ubisoft. PC is lead platform for Far Cry 4.

#8 Edited by melonfarmerz (1127 posts) -

lol fixed the title because noones talking about what's at hand but just mocking the title. lol

#9 Edited by Effec_Tor (262 posts) -

Its done on purpose to make it seem like consoles are at the same lvl in power.

#10 Edited by BldgIrsh (1651 posts) -

Somehow consolelites will still try to disprove the TC even though you can see the pictures and the mass difference there is...

Here's the site for the interested:

NeoGAF unlocks Watch_Dogs E3 graphics

#11 Posted by sam890 (1094 posts) -

I thought PS4 had better graphics than PC ?

Fail, try again.

#12 Posted by melonfarmerz (1127 posts) -

Its done on purpose to make it seem like consoles are at the same lvl in power.

And judging by some posters in SW, they did a great job of it

#13 Posted by Jankarcop (8998 posts) -

Master race ftw

#14 Edited by farrell2k (5810 posts) -

Ouch, cow and lemming butthurt confirmed, now with 20% extra damage control!

#15 Edited by TheFadeForever (1700 posts) -

I still don't think it looks exactly like the E3 demo its clear they didn't want to put all the effort in making the whole game look that good. It isn't too hard to make a demo look good when you can just design a certain set of asset.

#16 Posted by BldgIrsh (1651 posts) -

@TheFadeForever: If ya go to the Neogaf thread. The modder has unlocked partial of the E3 graphics and is gonna continue to update the mod when more of the files are found.

#17 Posted by xboxiphoneps3 (2291 posts) -

Its Ubisofts terrible optimizations and last gen consoles being in the picture still ,

#18 Posted by TheFadeForever (1700 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

@TheFadeForever: If ya go to the Neogaf thread. The modder has unlocked partial of the E3 graphics and is gonna continue to update the mod when more of the files are found.

How much is partial? Is it just only the E3 demo because they can easily make a small portion of the game look that good.

#19 Posted by SecretPolice (21497 posts) -

Weak ass consoles this gen in comparison to previous gens and the current state of top of the line PC tech at time of launch. To add insult to injury, the gen lasted 9 freakin years. Oh well, the must have games will come and it's all about the games mooaaar than the best graphics. :P

#20 Edited by BldgIrsh (1651 posts) -
#21 Posted by melonfarmerz (1127 posts) -
#22 Posted by Heil68 (43490 posts) -

Good. By the time I get the game on PC the mods should be even better.

#23 Posted by Jeager_Titan (945 posts) -

Lol Ubisoft.

#24 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13462 posts) -

Its Ubisofts terrible optimizations and last gen consoles being in the picture still ,

#25 Posted by Heirren (16576 posts) -

@Heirren: Controls, gameplay, story, graphics, all tie back to games in general. If something holds back controls, it holds back games. If something holds back visuals, it still holds back games.

yes but you are stressing graphic mods. That isn't it. PC could potentially offer so much more but it doesn't, and a major reason for this is because of peoples obsession with visuals. Look at all these companies getting bombed by fans for what resolution their games run at. At this point it is that mentality that is actually holding back game design. It is forcing developers to adjust their budgets and focus on visuals more than anything else.

There was a time when console gamers ADMIRED what was available on pc.

#26 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3840 posts) -

@Blabadon: What makes PS4 worse than XB1? Do you not like the games on it? Or the upcoming games? Just out of interest?

#27 Edited by WallofTruth (1550 posts) -

@sam890 said:

@locopatho said:

Fail, try again.

He's right though. Best example is GTA V. The 360 and PS3 players bought the game around 31 million times, if Rockstar would get even half that amount of units bought from PC players then we would have gotten the game at the same time the old consoles did. AAA mutliplats usually sell a lot worse on PC than they do on consoles.

#28 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3840 posts) -

GTA 5 with mods will be better. 150%

#29 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15920 posts) -

That mod seems to be doing some background blurring (ala some ISS screenshots). I don't like it. The default Ultra plus editing of the xml file to show "PC" and "Ultra" options seem good enough (bottom 2).

#30 Posted by melonfarmerz (1127 posts) -

GTA 5 with mods will literally look photo realistic. We've seen the crazy textures with GTA 4 mods that look like real life. If they pull that off with actually decent meshes and models that GTA 5 has, holy shit.

#31 Edited by Blabadon (25952 posts) -

@scottpsfan14: I have a PS4, I just usually have nothing better to do on System Wars than mess with cows.

#32 Posted by Mystery_Writer (7904 posts) -

just tried it, made no difference beside the DOF

#33 Edited by Cloud_imperium (2577 posts) -

Lol at Ubisoft for blocking all these features of their engine to make PC version close to console version . +1 modders . They are knights of PC Gaming .

#34 Posted by faizan_faizan (7849 posts) -

Looks better than Infamous.

#35 Posted by NFJSupreme (5155 posts) -

Always better on pc

#36 Posted by silversix_ (14083 posts) -

the game ran like shit before this so called mod. Now do you play at over 22fps is my main question

#37 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3840 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

GTA 5 with mods will literally look photo realistic. We've seen the crazy textures with GTA 4 mods that look like real life. If they pull that off with actually decent meshes and models that GTA 5 has, holy shit.

Honestly, GTA 5 is going to shine so bright on PC. I can't fucking wait. I was going to get it on PS4 but then thought of teh mods! Like jesus fucking christ it will be the best GTA experience yet. A nice graphics mod, texture mods, and map mods for combining Liberty City (GTA 4) and GTA 5 map. I might help out the modders on that one.

#38 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3840 posts) -

I don't understand, what is this mod doing apart from making everything brighter and DOF?

#39 Posted by BldgIrsh (1651 posts) -

@silversix_: There's been reports that the mod actually has improved performance.

#40 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16299 posts) -

I think Aiden needs glasses, everything at a distance is blurry for him.

#41 Posted by NFJSupreme (5155 posts) -

Here comes the consolite jelly

#42 Edited by Lucianu (9352 posts) -

Behold, screenshots of the game with the mod. Ubisoft, what the fuck...

#43 Edited by Gue1 (9513 posts) -

if it only takes a few tweaks then why would Ubisoft release the game like it was? It really make no sense.

All those pics make the game look better but not quite like the E3 trailer.

#44 Edited by clyde46 (45090 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

if it only takes a few tweaks then why would Ubisoft release the game like it was? It really make no sense.

Lazy devs? Money grabbing?

#45 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3840 posts) -

@Blabadon: Fair enough. Good enough reason I suppose.

#46 Posted by Flubbbs (2974 posts) -

that water looks sexy

#47 Posted by sam890 (1094 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

M$ & Sony paid them.

#48 Posted by TheFadeForever (1700 posts) -

@sam890 said:

@Gue1 said:

M$ & Sony paid them.

Sony should have paid them to make it 1080p and 60fps

#49 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@Flubbbs said:

that water looks sexy

yeah, I just... I just fapped

#50 Edited by topgunmv (10187 posts) -