Watch_Dogs | 900p on PS4, 792p on One; 30fps on Both

#401 Edited by darkangel115 (1505 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

No way would anyone feel screwed if its even half as good as you hype it to be. And for the record the PS4 is a good system and well worth the 400. it just needs some more games but overall i have no complaints with it that aren't minor. but i have minor complaints about the xbox one as well. I've never said anything bad about the PS4 which is the funny part. I have said bad stuff about sony because i fund what they are doing to be complete and utter trash, but its not like i hate them and I'm gonna deprive myself of good games over it like a kid throwing a fit.

WTF are you for real.?

Ask those who are complaining in forums about mandatory paying for Kinect only to have it remove now 5 month latter and see the unit cost $100 less.

Oh i know is worth those $400 dollars,but i am waiting maybe after E3 they have a bundle or cheaper model it happens all the time,if not well i byte the bullet and buy it at $399.

Problem is the argument i made about graphics,most doesn't require me to own the damn console,which by the way other poster don't also have,Kingtito doesn't have one yet he feel qualify to argue against it,tdkmillsy doesn't own one either and he have argue to hell and back about graphics against the PS4,and i don't think you own those system either but hey this is the internet you can claim what you want.

Hey dude do i have to quote you riding the secret sauce for the xbox one.?

Please do. I never believed in the 2nd GPU BS. however i do 100% believe in the cloud. I use cloud computing myself. Its amazing. I believe in direct X 12 as well because I've personally seen the differences that updated drivers and new versions of direct X give us. Of course cows will dismiss it with Power of the cloud jokes, but it doesn't make it any less real. as time goes on, devs will use these tools, cloud computing will become a standard, games will look better on the same hardware with better graphics, drivers etc. PS4 has a better GPU and a very simple architecture which is giving them a slight advantage in most multiplats, But the difference will be smaller as time goes on. Its really sad how people dismiss this. I mean look at your PS3 launch titles compared to the newer titles on the same hardware 8 years later and tell me its exactly the same and didn't get better lol

#402 Edited by remiks00 (1712 posts) -

LOL @ the sheer amount of asshurt in this thread. I literally just read through all 8 pages of this cry-fest. Most of it consisted of Brofist' PMSing all over the place. Anyway, If you were not legitimately hyped for this game, and were already not planning on buying it, that's cool. The game is not for everyone, and that's okay. If you were planning on buying this for PS4 & XBONE, and now you're boycotting this game because of the resolution being below 1080p but higher than 720p.., then you might as well quit gaming. That is the most pathetic excuse you could ever come up with. It's a damn shame you guys will hate on potentially good game just because you've been "over-hyped" about the capabilities of your chosen plastic box. Why are you fully aiming your gun at Ubisoft? All they did was use the tools that they were given to try to get the most out of each system's resources. Sure, they've had optimization problems in the past for PC versions, but what does that have to do with these consoles, and now? Nothing. You should be aiming your gun at Sony & Microsoft for leading you to believe that there's secret sauce or hidden capability within these systems. It's called marketing; they market buzz words to create hype, and sales.

I'm sorry you guys fell for the hype. It happens. Sony fanboy's especially, you guys got egged in your face; but you're too proud to admit it, so you resort to attacking the devs. Happened last gen as well... I digress. Why can't you guys be more down-to-earth and accept the capability of the PS4 for what it is? Maybe one day you'll calm down with your overzealousness. I know a lot of you are trolls. Hell, I even like some of you guys because I think your posts are hilarious. But, some of you that are serious need better constructive criticism skills.

Also, please stop comparing Watch_Dogs to Infamous. "But Infamous was able to 1080p + 30fps..". Don't be this naive... There is much more going on in Watch_Dogs than Infamous. I'm not going to go into the details myself, just think about all the things that that player can do, the npc events that require AI processing, all of the seamless multiplayer aspects, the graphics etc. vs Infamous. And no, I'm not saying that Watch Dogs is better than Infamous, I'm simply stating that if you're going to compare something, make it a fair comparison with more of the facts.

#403 Posted by tormentos (17122 posts) -

@kingtito said:

Do I need an excuse not to get one right now? Do I champion the system at all? Do I run around saying how great the games are and how it's the best system around? Nah kid, that would be all you.

Yes the games don't appeal and since the XOne has, you know, different games not to mention features the PS4 didn't have, I said why not. To me, the PS4 was just an upgraded PS3/360 with exclusives that didn't interest me at this time. I'm not the one saying how great it is though El Tormented. You could bet the milk money your moms gives that if I did, I'd own one.

No you downplay the system all the time,and defend the xbox one at broken back.

Now how the fu** are sony's numbers sold to retailers and not to consumer.?Why do you care about it,and why you talk about a console you don't own..

See is easy finding you owning your self all days here,it most be hard trying to avoid owning your self and trying to pretend to be something you are not..

What feature Tv in which is a redundant crap.? What game the barrage or average games by Meta it has and the recycle Forza game.?

That is funny a little weaker and the xbox one would not even qualify as an upgrade,but what does the xbox one does other than snap and tv crap over the xbox 360..? It has the same TV apps,it has the same pay wall for online gaming it has the same franchises and a damn camera just like the xbox 360,now how does that doesn't qualify it as another xbox 360 with HDMI in.?

Hell i can say the PS4 does Party chat there you have it something the PS3 didn't do,how about a share button,and a touch pad on its controller,speaker cross platform chat with the vita..

No you are the one saying how great the xbox one is while downplaying PS4 things,like sony's sales,or its games not been interesting just by looking at videos..hahahahaaa

Do you try those to actually experience for your self how good or bad they were.? No a video hahahah see this is what make you a true hypocrite..

And instead of debating the topic at hand what do you do.? yeah downplay me based on me not owing a PS4,like if anything changed with that,you own an xbox one and that doesn't qualify you to talk about PS4 game,so you find game not interesting well you are a hypocrite because you downplay people to don't experience things for then self ..

#404 Posted by ActicEdge (24375 posts) -

The powah of next gen.

#405 Edited by SuddenlyTragic (735 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

And how does that make PS4 version 1080p and 60fps .? PCs are upgradable too .

Really bad way to convince yourself . PC also have settings that can be managed to get resolutions and frame rates that you want the game to be played on . Not tied to what corporations decide .

How that change the fact that majority of the PC community can run it but lower than the PS4.?

The fun part about bragging about PC is how you hermit ignore that few of you go after the ubber powerful GPU and CPU,hell want to know a fun fact.? BY steam stats half of steam users have dual core CPU.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/cpus/

47% own dual cores on steam.

You know watchdogs requires a quad core minimum right.? and recommended an i7 3770 3.4ghz,with a 560TI or 7850 which neither is the standard on steam but minorities.

So trying to group all PC in the same category just because some PC are good enough is a joke,the majority of PC can't run it like the PS4 can,and certainly a walmart $400 o $500 PC without or with an apu can't run it even less.

But then again you will be playing hypocrite you criticize the PS4 version because frames and resolution were trade in for quality,but you are willing to play with the setting on PC and give up quality for frames and resolution,the only difference is that on PS4 1 set up works for every one and the trade of the developer does it for you,on PC you do it your self but is a trade off never the less,don't expect 1080p 60 FPS on a R270 which or 7870 which by the way still is a minority on PC you need something way stronger for that,unless you want to play on low or mid.

@SuddenlyTragic said:

Ha, where to begin...How about that last sentence. Try to speak proper English when calling someone ignorant. Both of those sentences are horribly constructed and appear to be written by someone in middle school.

I'm not denying that the PS4 is more powerful. I'm fully aware of that. But stop pulling random percentages out of your ass like "all neutral developers say it's MORE than 50% more powerful." Do you have a source for that? Yeah, didn't think so. Moving on...

How exactly can you prove that the PS4 is "unbelievably future proof" when games like Thief drop to framerates in the low 20's, yet it runs on the Unreal Engine 3 which came out in 2006 (Gears of War didn't have any problems with it that same year). Also the whole 1080p argument shouldn't even be a topic of discussion. 1080p should be the absolute standard in 2014 and games shouldn't have to sacrifice having worse graphics and almost unplayable framerates to achieve it. And how many more exclusives does the PS4 have by the way? Apparently that's a major advantage according to you. All I can think of are Infamous, Killzone, and Knack, excluding PSN games like Resogun. Infamous is the only good game of those three and if you really think Killzone is that great, I feel bad that you've never played a real shooter before.

And finally, no, I'm not a troll. I've been a member of these forums for almost ten years as opposed to your several months. I've been gaming for far longer than you have - I can tell by the way you talk and your immature and ignorant attitude. My main point that I'm trying to make is that this is by far the least impressive generational leap we've ever seen and there is no getting around that. Exactly ten years ago Far Cry, Half Life 2, and Doom 3 came out on PC and blew everyone away with their graphics, Hell, they still look good to this date (You could play them in 1080p then too - consoles hadn't even hit 720p yet, save for maybe one or two Xbox games). So with games looking that good then, I certainly would think that ten years later in 2014 games would be more impressive than they are.

I'm glad "MILLIONS" are happy and impressed by the PS4, but honestly those are people that don't know any better. None of you guys had ever played a game in 1080p until a few months ago. Just because I'm stating the facts does not make me a troll or fanboy. Believe me, I wish I was more impressed by my PS4. I got it the day it came out and have been underwhelmed ever since with the exception of Infamous. My two year old PC that could be considered mid-range beats it in every single category and the consoles just came out in November.

First of all look at the PS4 difference in Tomb Raider between the xbox one and PS4,the gap in frames is as large as the gap in frames between the 7950 vs 7770,to double frames on version of a game vs the other you need power,the 7950 has more than double the power of the 7770,hell the 7870 has double the power and the difference it has vs the 7770 in Tomb Raider is 20FPS that is the average difference between Tomb Raider xbox one vs PS4 and many times is 60FPS vs 30 FPS in it self 30 vs 60 is 100% difference.

So yeah the PS4 not only has show to be 50% more powerful it has show to be way more than that vs the xbox one,unless you want to believe like some lemmings who know sh** about graphics that 50% more power mean that games need to look 50% better,like they could even quantify how much better in % a game look over another version.

Thief is 1080p on PS4 on xbox one is not and on xbox one drops more frames,also only a fool will compare Gears on xbox 360 to Thief on PS4 they are not even close to be doing the same,also the game is a mess on both platforms,hell gears was 720p.

WTF man the PS3 even had some 1080p games,and 720p games by the truck load in fact most exclusives on PS3 are 720p and Wipeout is 1080p 60FPS with dynamic resolution,it switch from 1920x1080p,to 1280x1080p when things get hot without dropping frames the game actually run most of the time at 1920x1080p at 60FPS wipeout is an early last gen game and still one of the best looking games of last gen.

Even the PS3 had 1080p games,so you are either ignorant or a true troll account..

@walloftruth said:

I love how cows made fun of the Xboner because they thought the game would only run at 900p on it, now cows get the 900p version (and Xboners get an even worse version of course) LOL!

@tormentos Now who's in denial now, LOL!

Don't you get tire of getting owned.?

Butbutbut you edited your post..hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Again there is no denial from me,on this matter unless you want to prove me wrong,is not like BF4 was 1080p on PS4 it was 900p because the game was demanding just like this game is..

But hey the xbox one is 792p..hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa And god only knows what effects they have in lower quality or dropped like it happen on Tomb Raider..hahaha or MGS5..

Yeah you caught me man...Total troll account. Been trolling since 2005.

And what do you mean "even the PS3 had 1080p games, so you are either ignorant..." - How is that ignorant? I acknowledged before you even said anything that Wipeout HD was in 1080p. But don't act like the PS3 was pumping out 1080p games, the PS4 can barely do it.

#406 Posted by kingtito (4861 posts) -

@kingtito said:

Do I need an excuse not to get one right now? Do I champion the system at all? Do I run around saying how great the games are and how it's the best system around? Nah kid, that would be all you.

Yes the games don't appeal and since the XOne has, you know, different games not to mention features the PS4 didn't have, I said why not. To me, the PS4 was just an upgraded PS3/360 with exclusives that didn't interest me at this time. I'm not the one saying how great it is though El Tormented. You could bet the milk money your moms gives that if I did, I'd own one.

No you downplay the system all the time,and defend the xbox one at broken back.

Now how the fu** are sony's numbers sold to retailers and not to consumer.?Why do you care about it,and why you talk about a console you don't own..

See is easy finding you owning your self all days here,it most be hard trying to avoid owning your self and trying to pretend to be something you are not..

What feature Tv in which is a redundant crap.? What game the barrage or average games by Meta it has and the recycle Forza game.?

That is funny a little weaker and the xbox one would not even qualify as an upgrade,but what does the xbox one does other than snap and tv crap over the xbox 360..? It has the same TV apps,it has the same pay wall for online gaming it has the same franchises and a damn camera just like the xbox 360,now how does that doesn't qualify it as another xbox 360 with HDMI in.?

Hell i can say the PS4 does Party chat there you have it something the PS3 didn't do,how about a share button,and a touch pad on its controller,speaker cross platform chat with the vita..

No you are the one saying how great the xbox one is while downplaying PS4 things,like sony's sales,or its games not been interesting just by looking at videos..hahahahaaa

Do you try those to actually experience for your self how good or bad they were.? No a video hahahah see this is what make you a true hypocrite..

And instead of debating the topic at hand what do you do.? yeah downplay me based on me not owing a PS4,like if anything changed with that,you own an xbox one and that doesn't qualify you to talk about PS4 game,so you find game not interesting well you are a hypocrite because you downplay people to don't experience things for then self ..

I own and XOne El Tormented so I can defend it till the cows come home If I wanted. Do YOU own a PS4?

Wrong conversation El Tormented. I'm not talking about sales dude.

Do I really talk about the PS4 or am I just responding to some of the asinine things you cows say?

What? Kind of had trouble reading that sentence El Tormented. Care to try again?

Yep redundant crap that I happen to enjoy using. Those are my reasons NOT yours El Tormented and they're still things the PS4 can't do.

Are you getting frustrated El Tormented? Your sentences are getting harder and harder to understand. The only thing I can see is the massive amount of butthurt you must be feeling.

Hey El Tormented, doesn't look interesting =/= bad. Doesn't LOOK interesting means just that. I didn't call any of the games bad because I haven't played them. Learn to differentiate El Tormented

You calls games you haven't played bad, I look at a game and say it doesn't look interesting to me. Do you see a difference? One statement doesn't require that I play the game while the other does. Can you pick which one requires you to play?

Because it's fun El Tormented and I like pointing out how much you're full of shit and a hypocrite.

Move along El Tormented, you're getting schooled kid.

#407 Edited by tormentos (17122 posts) -

Please do. I never believed in the 2nd GPU BS. however i do 100% believe in the cloud. I use cloud computing myself. Its amazing. I believe in direct X 12 as well because I've personally seen the differences that updated drivers and new versions of direct X give us.

Of course cows will dismiss it with Power of the cloud jokes, but it doesn't make it any less real. as time goes on, devs will use these tools, cloud computing will become a standard, games will look better on the same hardware with better graphics, drivers etc. PS4 has a better GPU and a very simple architecture which is giving them a slight advantage in most multiplats, But the difference will be smaller as time goes on. Its really sad how people dismiss this. I mean look at your PS3 launch titles compared to the newer titles on the same hardware 8 years later and tell me its exactly the same and didn't get better lol

You ride the secret sauce cloud computing like MS claim is not the same cloud you use dude,MS talked about increasing the power of the xbox one to 40 times that of the xbox 360 using the cloud,there is few things you can do with the cloud and most be small because they not only will cause problems by not loading fast enough but also will compete with the game own online code.

And DX12 is nothing more than MS xbox one tools on PC, software improvement work on all hardware from there to claim double digits claims in gains is a joke,just like calling Tile Resources windows 8 and xbox one exclusive when every one knows is Partially resident textures with another freaking name,something that has been supported by OpneGL since 2011,and that MS started only recently to support,because well they are always late when it comes to API.

Yes and that is the problems all hardware get better,the xbox one will the PS4 will also that mean the gap stay the same..

Look at how games now are 792p and rare resolutions,is because MS most be pushing developers to avoid 720p at all cost,but that has a cost like Titanfall showed the game need it 720p to be stable 60FPS,they bump it to 792p and Titanfall frames get down to 34FPS on intense fight,something Ghost doesn't do on 720p.

#408 Posted by heguain (564 posts) -

Cuttie sony.

#409 Posted by tormentos (17122 posts) -

@kingtito said:

I own and XOne El Tormented so I can defend it till the cows come home If I wanted. Do YOU own a PS4?

Do I really talk about the PS4 or am I just responding to some of the asinine things you cows say?

What? Kind of had trouble reading that sentence El Tormented. Care to try again?

Yep redundant crap that I happen to enjoy using. Those are my reasons NOT yours El Tormented and they're still things the PS4 can't do.

Are you getting frustrated El Tormented? Your sentences are getting harder and harder to understand. The only thing I can see is the massive amount of butthurt you must be feeling.

Hey El Tormented, doesn't look interesting =/= bad. Doesn't LOOK interesting means just that. I didn't call any of the games bad because I haven't played them. Learn to differentiate El Tormented

You calls games you haven't played bad, I look at a game and say it doesn't look interesting to me. Do you see a difference? One statement doesn't require that I play the game while the other does. Can you pick which one requires you to play?

Because it's fun El Tormented and I like pointing out how much you're full of shit and a hypocrite.

Since when you need to own something to defend it.?

So to defend something you most own it,but to trow mud at it you don't.? Is that it.?

Because you were falsely claiming that sony's numbers where sold to retailers and not to consumers like SONY IT SELF claim.

Oh look how funny you want to avoid my sales argument how because it expose you for what you are a sad lemming.

Is Redundant crap i can watch TV on my TV without the need of 3 devices,just 2 my TV and my sat box and just 1 click of a button and i am there,is not a complex process at all,and not an advantage on xbox one,since is not mandatory or need it to have an xbox one to enjoy cable on your home,all the contrary you waste more electricity having 3 devices on to watch TV than 2.. lol

lol Dude you loss it and the only thing you can argue with me about is not owning a PS4,is the only thing you can try to pull on me,like if i need it a PS4 to know the PS4 is more powerful,that has higher rated games,that has more games and sell better,those are public things every one know i don't need an xbox one for that,but some how you think i do,but some how at the same time you think you don't need to own own one to find its games interesting or downplay sony sales number,which is what make you Kinghypocrite..lol

Oh but you calling games you haven't play uninteresting is not poor fanboysm.? Hahahaaaaaaa

Double standard FTW...

Yeah i look at a game see it doesn't have better graphics than another and there you have it,argument made,oh better i watch a game look at how bad it appear to be and call it bad,oh yeah i can't do that either only you can.

Please you could not school a 5 year old,even less some one like me hypocrite..

Judging graphics by internet videos = bad.

Judging gameplay over internet videos = great...

#410 Edited by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3697 posts) -

The powah of next gen.

You spelled Teh wrong...

#411 Edited by NFJSupreme (5154 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:
@scottpsfan14 said:

Doesn't matter because 900p is barely noticable from 1080p. Worry not people. Although I would have a tough time accepting dat 792p. But note that PS4 Watch Dogs WILL be on max settings. FACT.

1080p has 44% more pixel's than 900p. 900p has just 29% more than 792p. so the difference between 1080p and 792p is in fact - larger. your statement comes across as playstation fanboy damage control.

a fact it will be on max settings? nah. your guess.

my guess is that it won't be, definitely not on playstation 4.

Lol. It's a last gen port. PS4 exclusives are already more advanced than those xbox 360 character models and shit. A few shiny engine effects is just inefficient and slows games down too much hence why Watch Dogs runs like this. If Watch Dogs was made as a PS4 exclusive it would be much better looking than it already is.

how does that koolaid taste?

#412 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3805 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@scottpsfan14 said:

Doesn't matter because 900p is barely noticable from 1080p. Worry not people. Although I would have a tough time accepting dat 792p. But note that PS4 Watch Dogs WILL be on max settings. FACT.

1080p has 44% more pixel's than 900p. 900p has just 29% more than 792p. so the difference between 1080p and 792p is in fact - larger. your statement comes across as playstation fanboy damage control.

Lol. It's a last gen port. PS4 exclusives are already more advanced than those xbox 360 character models and shit. A few shiny engine effects is just inefficient and slows games down too much hence why Watch Dogs runs like this. If Watch Dogs was made as a PS4 exclusive it would be much better looking than it already is.

It's true. All PS4 exclusives so far have displayed graphics beyond any game on PC. KZSF is still the most technically advanced FPS. It's a full next gen game. They have all raised the bar. FACT.

#413 Edited by NFJSupreme (5154 posts) -

@NFJSupreme said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@scottpsfan14 said:

It's true. All PS4 exclusives so far have displayed graphics beyond any game on PC. KZSF is still the most technically advanced FPS. It's a full next gen game. They have all raised the bar. FACT.

I'm laughing at you right now.

#414 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4431 posts) -
@scottpsfan14 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@scottpsfan14 said:

what? things like 1080i + motion interpolation prediction.

fucking hell.

#415 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3805 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@scottpsfan14 said:

You just don't know the truth to life. PC games have largely been PS/360 ports with better textures and lighting. How have they raised the bar? You think you know but come at me with a valid response then.

#416 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

ITT: Tormentos harassing lemmings.

"b...bu....bu....bu....but you don't haz a PS4!!1"

#417 Posted by NFJSupreme (5154 posts) -

@NFJSupreme said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@scottpsfan14 said:

You just don't know the truth to life. PC games have largely been PS/360 ports with better textures and lighting. How have they raised the bar? You think you know but come at me with a valid response then.

I'd give you a valid response if you made a valid claim. But since everything you are saying is shenanigans what am I supposed to do with that? Respond with more shenanigans? Nah I'll just continue to laugh at you. Carry on though I'm sure you got more good stuff in you to post. I'll be here on the sidelines.

#418 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3805 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@scottpsfan14 said:

I'd give you a valid response if you made a valid claim. But since everything you are saying is shenanigans what am I supposed to do with that? Respond with more shenanigans? Nah I'll just continue to laugh at you. Carry on though I'm sure you got more good stuff in you to post. I'll be here on the sidelines.

Wow. How demeaning and ignorant people can be. Nothing I have said is wrong in the slightest. I honestly want you to correct me with your infinite wisdom. Go on please.

#419 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3805 posts) -

@NFJSupreme: Anyway who are you, or any body else to say I'm wrong while not providing a reason for it? Fact is, Killzone is next gen. Watch Dogs isn't.

#420 Posted by NFJSupreme (5154 posts) -

@NFJSupreme said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@scottpsfan14 said:

Wow. How demeaning and ignorant people can be. Nothing I have said is wrong in the slightest. I honestly want you to correct me with your infinite wisdom. Go on please.

First back up your claim of KZSF being the most technically advanced FPS. Give me an example of the PS4 doing something that has never been done before. Explain to me how watchdogs is just a "last-gen" port. How is the engine inefficient? What would it be able to take advantage of by being an exclusive that it doesn't take advantage of now? You are the one making the claims not me. You are the one with nothing to back them up not me. Your post reeks of someone who is drunk off the koolaid. All talk and no links, quotes, or even fake numbers to make it look like you didn't just pull all of that out your ass after coming from a cow circle jerk thread.

#421 Posted by heguain (564 posts) -
#422 Posted by NFJSupreme (5154 posts) -

@NFJSupreme: Anyway who are you, or any body else to say I'm wrong while not providing a reason for it? Fact is, Killzone is next gen. Watch Dogs isn't.

this is so because scottspsfan14 said so.

#423 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4431 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@NFJSupreme said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@scottpsfan14 said:

First back up your claim of KZSF being the most technically advanced FPS. Give me an example of the PS4 doing something that has never been done before. Explain to me how watchdogs is just a "last-gen" port. How is the engine inefficient? What would it be able to take advantage of by being an exclusive that it doesn't take advantage of now? You are the one making the claims not me. You are the one with nothing to back them up not me. Your post reeks of someone who is drunk off the koolaid. All talk and no links, quotes, or even fake numbers to make it look like you didn't just pull all of that out your ass after coming from a cow circle jerk thread.

i'd say killzone shadow fall's got an underwhelming rendering pipeline - definitely not the 'most technically advanced FPS'.

multiplayer is rendered at 1080i with motion prediction.

#424 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3805 posts) -

i'd say killzone shadow fall's got an underwhelming rendering pipeline - definitely not the 'most technically advanced FPS'.

Correct. multiplayer is 1080i with temporal reprojection. It's clever.

#425 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4431 posts) -
@CrownKingArthur said:

Correct. multiplayer is 1080i with temporal reprojection. It's clever.

it is a kind of workaround they chose to employ because the ps4 lacks grunt.

not really that clever. not clever enough that guerilla games could hold their head up high and tell the truth about it, tell the truth that the multiplayer was 1080i + motion prediction (MP). no. they lied, and said the multiplayer was 1080P. funny, how they'd hide their innovation of 1080i+MP? why would they conceal something so clever?

in fact, it was exactly clever enough for them to lie about this rendering method. don't know why they'd lie it was 1080P, when 1080i + MP is apparently really clever.

so clever in fact, that they issued a public apology for this deception, from now on they "will do their best to be more precise with their language in the future".

http://www.killzone.com/en_GB/blog/news/2014-03-06_regarding-killzone-shadow-fall-and-1080p.html

ok i really hope this helps.

@NFJSupreme FYI

#426 Edited by xhawk27 (7229 posts) -

Oh man that is a large difference from PC - - - - PS4 -- X1 versions. I mean 108p is so great I can see it from the Moon.

#427 Edited by kipsta77 (943 posts) -

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/ubisoft-if-watch-dogs-is-next-gen-at-least-try-to-make-it-look-as-a-pc-game-from-2006-1080p-we-don-t-ask-for-1440p-or-4k-or-8k

There's even a petition! This is just so embarrassing. You guys just can't accept that the PS4 is a watered-down, under-capable, energy-efficient PC.

Getting it on PC, pre-purchased on Steam. Will be enjoying it @1080p and at LEAST 60fps. Probably around 70's or 80's.

#428 Edited by NFJSupreme (5154 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur: so KZSF set the bar on how to make a 1080i image look like 1080p. Got it. Man if only PC didn't hurdle the 1080p bar years ago i'd say scottpsfan14 had a point.

#429 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4431 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur: so KZSF set the bar on how to make a 1080i image look like 1080p. Got it. Man if only PC didn't hurdle the 1080p bar years ago i'd say scottpsfan14 had a point.

earlier he was downplaying the difference from 1080p and 900p, while exaggerating the difference between 792p and 900p.

pretty hard to guess his fanboy affiliation? eh mate?

#430 Posted by blamix (192 posts) -

792p? LOL wth

#431 Edited by scottpsfan14 (3805 posts) -

To start off, you have misunderstood my meaning, because I just made a vauge statement. I'm saying Killzone SF is true next gen, Watch Dogs is not. I wouldn't say WD is a "last gen" port, but it is made with the PS3/360 in mind.

The bottom images obviously being the next gen version. It is just better lighting, textures, and resolution. Game code remains very similar. Just engine effects. Not next gen. To be next gen, it has to be a game created without last gen consoles in mind so that all graphics assets are the significantly better across the board. If you design a game for PC or next gen without taking into account the last gen, then games can't be simply lowered in resolution, lighting, and textures to fit on the PS3/360. It will have to be gimped in some fundamental way. A good example is Crysis 1.

Now while many of you stubborn PC gamers will argue that Crysis 3 beats Crysis 1 out right in graphics, and it does in terms of effects and feature sets, but you fail to realize that Crysis was designed for PC hardware several times the power of the Consoles. The scaling is much more impressive on Crysis 1 than Crysis 3. It's just got something going for it that Crysis 3 hasn't okay. Now if you check out the PS3/360 port of Crysis 1, it isn't just the same game with worse lighting, resolution and textures, It is a total dumbed down version with smaller levels and ported to the 'console friendly' CE3 because CE2 simply would not function on such weak hardware. It has Crysis 2 gameplay, and maintains almost nothing of the original PC version. The same is not true for Crysis 3 however. It is, in every single way, the same game on the consoles as it is on PC, but with less CE3 effects enabled. Simple as. Killzone SF is the same scenario as Crysis 1 since it was designed for hardware several times the power of the PS3/360. It is about as linear as Crysis 3, but It has more advanced assets in terms of geometry, and animations as such. KZSF is not going to define the look of a 'next gen' FPS, because in the early days, there is always room for improvement. It does, however, feature the most consistent array of next gen assets out of any other FPS. Facial animations are amazing and polygon counts of all objects on screen is far higher than pretty much any FPS. This is how graphics will advance from now on. Geometric detail, animations, physics, AI, all the fundamental stuff.

#432 Edited by scottpsfan14 (3805 posts) -
@NFJSupreme said:

earlier he was downplaying the difference from 1080p and 900p, while exaggerating the difference between 792p and 900p.

Well what resolution is 792p anyway? I know 900p is 1600x900. I was simply trolling XB1 for the fun of it. Forgive me sir.

#433 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4431 posts) -
@CrownKingArthur said:
@NFJSupreme said:

Well what resolution is 792p anyway? I know 900p is 1600x900. I was simply trolling XB1 for the fun of it. Forgive me sir.

assuming 16:9 aspect ratio it will be:

792 x 16 / 9 = 1408

so 1408x792 (my maths is congruent with digital foundry's analysis http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-titanfall-next-gen-face-off )

#434 Edited by Pray_to_me (2834 posts) -

Fortunately there's a bunch of games on PS4 already that shit on Watch Dogs and still run at 1080P. Guess that's what happens when your game is in development hell for that long. They should've dropped the dead console Xbone version and focused on finishing the game.

#435 Edited by Bebi_vegeta (13558 posts) -

@NFJSupreme said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@scottpsfan14 said:

All exclusive???? I won't even start with killzone since your obviously a troll.

#436 Posted by BattleSpectre (5966 posts) -

Half Life 3 confirmed.

#437 Posted by MK-Professor (3726 posts) -

Half Life 3 confirmed.

And that is because (900 + 792 + 30) / 574 = 3 ?

#438 Posted by BattleSpectre (5966 posts) -

@BattleSpectre said:

Half Life 3 confirmed.

And that is because (900 + 792 + 30) / 574 = 3 ?

I lost you when you said 900, listen I don't come on Gamespot to use my brain, please respect my wishes.

lol

#439 Posted by kingtito (4861 posts) -

@kingtito said:

Since when you need to own something to defend it.?

So to defend something you most own it,but to trow mud at it you don't.? Is that it.?

Because you were falsely claiming that sony's numbers where sold to retailers and not to consumers like SONY IT SELF claim.

Oh look how funny you want to avoid my sales argument how because it expose you for what you are a sad lemming.

Is Redundant crap i can watch TV on my TV without the need of 3 devices,just 2 my TV and my sat box and just 1 click of a button and i am there,is not a complex process at all,and not an advantage on xbox one,since is not mandatory or need it to have an xbox one to enjoy cable on your home,all the contrary you waste more electricity having 3 devices on to watch TV than 2.. lol

lol Dude you loss it and the only thing you can argue with me about is not owning a PS4,is the only thing you can try to pull on me,like if i need it a PS4 to know the PS4 is more powerful,that has higher rated games,that has more games and sell better,those are public things every one know i don't need an xbox one for that,but some how you think i do,but some how at the same time you think you don't need to own own one to find its games interesting or downplay sony sales number,which is what make you Kinghypocrite..lol

Oh but you calling games you haven't play uninteresting is not poor fanboysm.? Hahahaaaaaaa

Double standard FTW...

Yeah i look at a game see it doesn't have better graphics than another and there you have it,argument made,oh better i watch a game look at how bad it appear to be and call it bad,oh yeah i can't do that either only you can.

Please you could not school a 5 year old,even less some one like me hypocrite..

Judging graphics by internet videos = bad.

Judging gameplay over internet videos = great...

You don't just defend it El Tormented. You praise everything it is. You praise it's games with actually playing it. You put down the competition with playing it's games of using the consoles. That is what's wrong El Tormented.

So 10 conversations ago and you're bringing up something that has NOTHING to do with what we're talking about it? In other words, you're getting schooled so try and bring up something that has no bearing in this conversation. Good going El Tormented

Don't care about sales you loser. That has nothing to do with this conversation but you keep trying. Maybe, just maybe you'll avoid this trashing you're getting.

If all these things can be done on 1 device and NOT on the competition then it IS an advantage El Tormented even if YOU think it's not. Remember, you champion a system you don't even own while simultaneously hating the other without every trying it out. It's fine if you don't find anything the XOne can do an advantage but you don't speak for everyone loser. You're biased and your thoughts are based on what OTHERS tell you to think. In other words, your opinion == shit

So you keep saying even though you've provided no details or proof. Yes El Tormented, I believe you. I also believe Clinton didn't inhale, OJ is not guilty and George Zimmerman didn't get away with murder.

No El Tormented because I don't hate the PS4 nor did I hate the PS3, PS2 or PS1 since I owned all 3. I didn't like KZ or infamous last gen and those are the only 2 exclusives I see that would make anyone want to buy a PS4. Obviously YOU don't find them appealing either El Tormented or you'd have purchased you PS4 by now.

You look at videos and read reviews and then call a game bad without playing it. You don't see a problem with that? Do you also judge your movies on reviews and previews then call any movie that doesn't appeal you bad?

Well El Tormented, a 5 year old would have more sense than you. A 5 year old probably wouldn't act like you. So yeah there is no need to school a 5 year old but you on the other hand.....schooled son.

You're the only one that's judging El Tormented. Saying the game isn't appealing isn't judging. I know what type of games I like and what type of games I don't. I don't need to play the games to know if it appeals to me but I would have to play them to actually criticize them. You know , something you DON'T do El Tormented. Can you see the difference or are you really that ignorant?

#440 Posted by KyleGates (2958 posts) -

Resolution...maybe stop acting like its such a crazy big deal. Watch Dogs @900p?!?!? OMG, thats IT I'm DONE with this crap, wheres my 1983 RCA TV, I want that back. If I can't have 1080p I don't want anything!!!

Sheesh. Basically, those under 50"? Don't act like its some mega huge game breaking difference because it isn't. Over 65"? Then you may have a bit of a beef, and yet its still not some world ending dif. Over 100" like myself (/brag)? Ya know what, even then its not the end of the world. Dead Rising, inFamous, Ryse, Thief.....they all looked juuust fine. That said, I'll be getting on PC.....if it was only resolution oh well but the differences will go well beyond 1080p or not.

#441 Edited by lostrib (34567 posts) -

Resolution...maybe stop acting like its such a crazy big deal. Watch Dogs @900p?!?!? OMG, thats IT I'm DONE with this crap, wheres my 1983 RCA TV, I want that back. If I can't have 1080p I don't want anything!!!

Sheesh. Basically, those under 50"? Don't act like its some mega huge game breaking difference because it isn't. Over 65"? Then you may have a bit of a beef, and yet its still not some world ending dif. Over 100" like myself (/brag)? Ya know what, even then its not the end of the world. Dead Rising, inFamous, Ryse, Thief.....they all looked juuust fine. That said, I'll be getting on PC.....if it was only resolution oh well but the differences will go well beyond 1080p or not.

however you gotta rationalize it to yourself

#442 Posted by WallofTruth (1537 posts) -
@tormentos said:

@walloftruth said:

1. Nice meltdown.

2. Nice wall of text, you seem to really care what other people think about a console that you don't even own.

3. Just because you say I got owned doesn't mean I did.

4. Why would I care what BF4 is like on PS4? The game sucks even on PC IMO.

5. I'm a hermit/c...o...w..... so why would I care that the Xbox One is weaksauce?

So no only you are a buffoon you are also a moron to..hahaha

, so you don't even know what a wall of text refers to..ahahahahahaaa

Because it shows that not all games can be 1080p on PS4 this is a fact since launch,and i have more faith in Dice as coders than Ubisoft incredible mess up games their code is always horrible and they are know for over selling graphics and under delivering most of the time.

You are a troll which is different and a wannabe hermit which is different..lol

I love how you call me a moron and then you write "to" instead of "too". :)

"What wall of text it was 2 sentences and 2 short paragraph" Haha that wall of text is 2 sentences and 2 short paragraphs? And you called me a moron, wow, that self-ownage!

How that change the fact that majority of the PC community can run it but lower than the PS4.?

The fun part about bragging about PC is how you hermit ignore that few of you go after the ubber powerful GPU and CPU,hell want to know a fun fact.? BY steam stats half of steam users have dual core CPU.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/cpus/

47% own dual cores on steam.

You know watchdogs requires a quad core minimum right.? and recommended an i7 3770 3.4ghz,with a 560TI or 7850 which neither is the standard on steam but minorities.

So trying to group all PC in the same category just because some PC are good enough is a joke,the majority of PC can't run it like the PS4 can,and certainly a walmart $400 o $500 PC without or with an apu can't run it even less.

But then again you will be playing hypocrite you criticize the PS4 version because frames and resolution were trade in for quality,but you are willing to play with the setting on PC and give up quality for frames and resolution,the only difference is that on PS4 1 set up works for every one and the trade of the developer does it for you,on PC you do it your self but is a trade off never the less,don't expect 1080p 60 FPS on a R270 which or 7870 which by the way still is a minority on PC you need something way stronger for that,unless you want to play on low or mid.

First of all look at the PS4 difference in Tomb Raider between the xbox one and PS4,the gap in frames is as large as the gap in frames between the 7950 vs 7770,to double frames on version of a game vs the other you need power,the 7950 has more than double the power of the 7770,hell the 7870 has double the power and the difference it has vs the 7770 in Tomb Raider is 20FPS that is the average difference between Tomb Raider xbox one vs PS4 and many times is 60FPS vs 30 FPS in it self 30 vs 60 is 100% difference.

So yeah the PS4 not only has show to be 50% more powerful it has show to be way more than that vs the xbox one,unless you want to believe like some lemmings who know sh** about graphics that 50% more power mean that games need to look 50% better,like they could even quantify how much better in % a game look over another version.

Thief is 1080p on PS4 on xbox one is not and on xbox one drops more frames,also only a fool will compare Gears on xbox 360 to Thief on PS4 they are not even close to be doing the same,also the game is a mess on both platforms,hell gears was 720p.

WTF man the PS3 even had some 1080p games,and 720p games by the truck load in fact most exclusives on PS3 are 720p and Wipeout is 1080p 60FPS with dynamic resolution,it switch from 1920x1080p,to 1280x1080p when things get hot without dropping frames the game actually run most of the time at 1920x1080p at 60FPS wipeout is an early last gen game and still one of the best looking games of last gen.

Even the PS3 had 1080p games,so you are either ignorant or a true troll account..

Don't you get tire of getting owned.?

Butbutbut you edited your post..hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Again there is no denial from me,on this matter unless you want to prove me wrong,is not like BF4 was 1080p on PS4 it was 900p because the game was demanding just like this game is..

But hey the xbox one is 792p..hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa And god only knows what effects they have in lower quality or dropped like it happen on Tomb Raider..hahaha or MGS5..

You still haven't answered El Tormented! Seems like you can't troll you way out of this, huh? lel

#443 Edited by KyleGates (2958 posts) -
@lostrib said:

I am trying to rationalize it for others. I have no issues (Cept my son stepped on my copy Super Mario World yesterday and rendered it nonfunctional).

I understand that many people use the forums (and the internet in general) for complaining because that is what makes them more comfortable. I was just lending my opinion as to why it is more of a non issue than many make it out to be. On a 70ft wide screen its gonna make a difference big enough to gripe about but at the sizes most play at (and on the TVs most play with (That 50" Vizio you got at Costco doesn't exactly bring out everything from your source material)) it just isn't nearly as big an issue as its made out to be and surely isn't worth all of this wasted time arguing about it. End of the day, is whining going to get MS to up the res? Or Sony to move to 60fps? Nope. So deal, and realize that hey, it is a very minor difference.

#444 Posted by lostrib (34567 posts) -

@lostrib said:

I am trying to rationalize it for others. I have no issues (Cept my son stepped on my copy Super Mario World yesterday and rendered it nonfunctional).

I understand that many people use the forums (and the internet in general) for complaining because that is what makes them more comfortable. I was just lending my opinion as to why it is more of a non issue than many make it out to be. On a 70ft wide screen its gonna make a difference big enough to gripe about but at the sizes most play at (and on the TVs most play with (That 50" Vizio you got at Costco doesn't exactly bring out everything from your source material)) it just isn't nearly as big an issue as its made out to be and surely isn't worth all of this wasted time arguing about it. End of the day, is whining going to get MS to up the res? Or Sony to move to 60fps? Nope. So deal, and realize that hey, it is a very minor difference.

Lol, good luck with that in system wars

#445 Posted by MiiiiV (333 posts) -

@NFJSupreme said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@scottpsfan14 said:

You must have gotten a magical version of Killzone Shadowfall, one that has several dynamic light sources that cast shadows, with way better than average textures and has huge draw distance, real draw distance, not just backdrops and also does not lack tessellation.

#446 Edited by SullysMustache (10 posts) -

@pipesmasher said:

@xhawk27 said:

You can't compare the two games Infamous and Watch Dogs. Watch Dogs is a bigger world for one thing and it's doing a lot more inside of it too. Also it has multiplayer something that Infamous does not.

Ubisoft open world games have awful shitty gameplay. Watch Dogs will be no different. Mean while Infamous Second Son had amazing gameplay/traversal...so I guess youre right, you cant compare them;)

Graphically though....In any one frame there is much more going on in Infamous Second Son. Dont kid yourself. Whether its the millions of partical effects at one time, coupled with the far greater draw distances from roof tops - all bathed in the much better lighting, with realistic reflections and uber rain/puddle effects etc. The environments themselfes offer much more destructability and interactivity (ability to climb ANY thing etc) Infamous is just doing so many more impressive things under the hood of the PS4. The IQ is spotless too. Where as Watch Dogs has shit IQ.

More examples: there are FAR MORE polygons on screen at one time in any given frame in Infamous too. For instance, the cars and character models in Infamous contain much higher polygon counts. MUCH HIGHER. Infamous also has much more complex geomotry going on

I dont know how this whole "Watch Dogs is doing a lot more" or "its much bigger" damage control bullshit came about. Its completely FALSE.

We have to keep it real. Infamous OUT CLASSES Watch Dogs plain and simple. Infamous looks sooooo much better and is still able to hit native 1080p. So Infamous is only being brough up in response to the trolls/haters saying that the PS4 cant handle high detailed graphics at 1080p. As has been proven, Infamous KILLS that argument and BURRIES it 300 feet deep into the crater of the earth

To word it differently so you understand it better. Watch Dogs LOOKS much worse and CANT hit 1080p so the blame should go on Ubisoft for being incompetent, because again, Infamous PROVES that the PS4 can factually do much much more and IS capable of much much much more. Infamous looks a ton better and is 108Op. The PS4 hardware has proven itself. Its Watch Dogs and Ubisoft that fail miserably (the xbone is always a miserable failure. Its not even had 1 impressive game at 1080p LMAO)

On an unrelated note. I agree with others. IF multi-platform developers dont want their games to be thrashed then THEY better forget the xbone versions and focus on the PS4

Hey, look! ANOTHER alt! Geez you are desperate. Nobody agrees with you (because you are a brainwashed Sony zealot) so you have to make up imaginary friends to back you up.

Well hey, at least you took my advice from my last post and used a slightly different writing style. But you plagiarizing your own posts still gives you away.

Just admit the PS4 isn't all powerful and move on.

Correction: you dont agree because youre an xboner.

The PS4 is 50% more powerful then the xbone is. Thats a fact and thats all that matters. Go play in traffic

#447 Posted by KyleGates (2958 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Lol, good luck with that in system wars

Yeahhhhh, very good point.

#448 Posted by BeardMaster (1580 posts) -

people overrate resolution. I have a tough time telling the difference between titanfall and 1080p games. Whereas games like dead rising 3 and killer instinct are noticeably less sharp. I dont know if its just because they made better use of the upscalar or those extra 60 lines of horizontal resolution really make the difference... but these consoles have an upscalar chip built in, and when devs are willing to use it vs going for a bulletpoint on a box, its ultimately going to result in a better looking game.

#449 Posted by SullysMustache (10 posts) -

@AznbkdX said:

Consoles confirmed for weak as shit? Hardy har har. :P

Nah... I'll blame cross gen for this one. I'm sure if they played solely with current gen tools they would have had less issues.

One game doesnt confirm anything. Infamous looks a mega ton better then Watch Dogs and its 1080p. The PS4 has proven to be a beast already. Watch Dogs doesnt change that.

I agree with you that the xbone is an under powered piece of shit though. Fuck the xbone.

Isnt it crazy how all the focus is on one game not reaching 1080p on PS4 (only the second game ever to not be 1080p on PS4) YET Watch Dogs has a WORSE resolution on xbone.

Where is all the ridicule for the xbone? Exactly. Its xbots posing as PC trolls using this to take shots at the PS4. The agenda is so blatant and transparent.

@7mdma said:

Anyone suprirised by this? Consoles are a gaming solution for people with a tight budget and mainly targeting students or a way for parents to keep their kids busy. Just look at the bluster from Sony and you'll easily see the type of people they're targetting: ie, casuals who dont know shit from shinola. To expect one of quality or performance is too much to ask for such a cheap platform with such ordinary specs, let alone both. Low medium settings at 30 FPS and 900p? Yikes.

And right after that post, this moron posts this post.

You trolls are like cockaroaches. One of you gets shot down with this sentiment, then another suspicious no namer comes spouting off the same stupid sentiment.

Its already been debunked nunerous times over

The PS4 is a 400$ console that has been running most PC games at mid to high end settings

Vice versa you WILL NEVER find a 400$ PC that can run the same games on mid-high end settings

Power per dollar, PS4 destroys PC. Then there is also the fact that a game like Infamous is the best looking game ever, its open world and 1080p on PS4....proving just how much of beast the PS4 truly is....

There may be a small percentage of PC extremists who have high end 1000$ -2000$ PCs that are more powerful then the PS4....but guess what? The PS4 will always be more optimized to squeeze out more performance from its inards using less resources....

PS4 will always be very capable. Its the xbone that is an under powered piece of shit

#450 Edited by SullysMustache (10 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@tormentos: Dude . PS4 version of Watch Dogs is not 1080p and it is not 60fps . Fact .

PC can run the game at 1080p and 60fps .End of story .

Is it that hard to understand .?

Find me a $400 PC that can run it like the PS4 then you have a point troll...

Yeah PC can run it at 1080p 60FPS ultra expensive PC can your average crappy PC run it no period,grouping all PC is a joke is like saying the PS1 can run Watchdogs because well the PS4 can and both are consoles..

Half of steam can't run watchdogs by CPU limitation and the majority can't by GPU limitation...

1. PS4 is not 400$ . It is close to 1000$ when you add taxes and PSN for entire generation .

Wow, youre level of reaching here is insanely pathetic. Youre worse then an xbot

If you want to add the cost of PSN+ for a whole generation,

THEN lets add the multiple times you will have to upgrade your PC in a generation. Thats only fair.

Lets also add the multiple drivers you would have to buy etc.

Lets also add the cost of steam for the whole generation.

You sure you want to play that game, because PS4 will still always come out much cheaper while offering more per dollar in hardware