Watch_Dogs | 900p on PS4, 792p on One; 30fps on Both

#101 Posted by cainetao11 (17281 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@silversix_ said:

@Animal-Mother said:

lol 900p and lol at xb1 792.

I have a serious question though. Why not just sit it at 720? Does the extra 90p really help?

Yes it does, not in visual fidelity but to differentiate from last generation. Can you imagine if 360's version (a 9y old console lolz) was 720p/30fps and Xbone, a 2013 supercomputer ran the same game at 720p/30fps? That would be glorious.

So resolution is the ONLY part of a game that determines how it looks and runs? Is your head so far up Sony's ass that you think a game on the 360 running at 720p/30 is going to look the same as a game running at 720p/30 on the XOne?

LOL he's my favorite, resolution whore. silversix YOU ROCK!!!

#102 Edited by TheGuardian03 (21683 posts) -

Still day one. i think this game is gonna be great.

#103 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

holy fuck, around 70p's over 720p for the xbone, lmao.

And this game doesn't even look as good as second son, what the hell that's some weak sauce.

Yeah, but this game has around 4 times more shit going on all the time than Infamous SS. Don't even try to claim different. Do you even caree if the game is good or do you only care about resolution? Serious question.

#104 Edited by PAL360 (26822 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:

@PAL360 said:

It was acceptable in BF4, but then again, the game went from 24 players and 30fps on 7th gen consoles, to 64 players and 60fps on current ones. Watch dogs delivers a new low (900p30), and its not even the best looking game out!

I really hope that all this negative feedback on internet opens devs eyes. 1080p60, or at least 1080p30, should be mandatory.

Yea if you want you games to look like high resolution last generation games...

Yet Shadow Fall, NBA2K14, Second Son, Forza 5, etc look like high resolution 8th gen games.

#105 Posted by kingtito (4903 posts) -

@RR360DD: How are Cows owned? Yeah the PS4 version isn't 1080p but it's better than X1. That's all that matters :)

and the PC is better than the PS4, THAT'S all that matters. Have fun with your 900p/30 game that you cows said sucked and laughed at for months.

#106 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3761 posts) -

2560x1080 at 60FPS on High/Ultra settings... My PC really wipes the floor with these consoles.

Right now consoles are just for exclusives games everything else I am getting and have been getting on PC... No competition at all.

#107 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13802 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

holy fuck, around 70p's over 720p for the xbone, lmao.

And this game doesn't even look as good as second son, what the hell that's some weak sauce.

Yeah, but this game has around 4 times more shit going on all the time than Infamous SS. Don't even try to claim different. Do you even caree if the game is good or do you only care about resolution? Serious question.

I honestly couldn't care less about watchdogs, if I play it anywhere it'll be on my PC however where I don't have to choose between resolution and framerate.

How can you tell this games going to be better than Infamous? It could turn out to be really awful.

#108 Edited by SelfReflect (116 posts) -

Watch Dogs is not a graphically impressive game

Infamous Second Son literally looks a generation better. Vertacality, tops of buildings are rendered, greater draw distances from every direction, much more particle effects, much better lighting, super power effects, destructable environments, higher detailed and higher poly cars, a much higher poly main character model....Infamous puts Watch Dogs to shame and yet Infamous is still at 1080p

The PS4 could EASILY handle Watch Dogs at 1080p....so this news doesnt make sense ..

Ubisoft is gimping the PS4 version....likely to enforce parity as much as they can

We as gamers need to call Ubisoft out on this BS

The PS4 is also the market leader so Ubisoft is messing up even more

If thats not the case then Ubisoft is an incompetent developer

Either way, they are CLEARLY not taking advantage of the PS4's significant power advantage and greater ease of use/development

Im NOT buying this game.

And I WILL never buy any other multiplat that has forced parity with xbone. We all need to stand up collectively and send this message loud and clear

#109 Edited by NFJSupreme (5292 posts) -

Lol you guys complaining about this need to get pcs if you care this much about performance. If not live with whatever they give you to play and quit bitching.

#110 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5956 posts) -

As long as it looks good who cares if what res it is.

#111 Posted by lglz1337 (3406 posts) -

what a waste of time pre-order canceled, i don't want this sub-hd Xbone shit on my ps4!

Xbone holding back exclusive features of ps4 confirmed, what a pos system 792p lmfao!

#112 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13802 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:

As long as it looks good who cares if what res it is.

Imagine 640p at the highest settings available.

*drool*

#113 Posted by RR360DD (11763 posts) -

@RR360DD: How are Cows owned? Yeah the PS4 version isn't 1080p but it's better than X1. That's all that matters :)

Cows are owned because cows are the ones absolutely OBSESSED with resolutions. A day doesn't go past without some new cow 1080p thread.

So yeah, cows have been MAJORLY owned LOL

'bu bu bu teh 900p isn't good enough'

#114 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (7400 posts) -

Infamous Second Son literally looks a generation better. Vertacality, tops of buildings are rendered, greater draw distances from every direction, much more particle effects, much better lighting, super power effects, destructable environments, higher detailed and higher poly cars, a much higher poly main character model....Infamous puts Watch Dogs to shame and yet Infamous is still at 1080p

The PS4 could EASILY handle Watch Dogs at 1080p....so this news doesnt make sense ..

Ubisoft is gimping the PS4 version....likely to enforce parity as much as they can

Either way, they are CLEARLY not taking advantage of the PS4's significant power advantage and greater ease of use/development

Im NOT buying this game.

And I WILL never buy any other multiplat that has forced parity with xbone. We all need to stand up collectively and send this message loud and clear

Even by system wars standards, that was a stupid post.

#115 Edited by edwardecl (2226 posts) -

900p isn't good enough...

They spent all this extra time to push out a sub 1080p sub 60fps game... well done.

#116 Edited by tdkmillsy (1306 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

what a waste of time pre-order canceled, i don't want this sub-hd Xbone shit on my ps4!

Xbone holding back exclusive features of ps4 confirmed, what a pos system 792p lmfao!

lol, cancelling a game cos its not 1080p, your talking shit.

If they where after parity they would have made same resolution.

This is the difference between Xbox One and PS4.

PS4 aint as good as you think.

#117 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (5956 posts) -

If it isn't a great looking game, then the those resolutions will be disappointing. But I'll wait and see what the finished product looks like before I whinge about the res.

#118 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

My hype for this game is gone. I'll switch my preorder to Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition.

#119 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13802 posts) -

@edwardecl said:

900p isn't good enough...

They spent all this extra time to push out a sub 1080p sub 60fps game... well done.

I remember watching the Angry Joe interview and when he brought up the term downgraded visuals you could almost cut the tension in the room with a knife, lol.

Ubisoft is really scared, all those lies are catching up to them.

#120 Posted by -Unreal- (24540 posts) -

They dun broke the 1080p streak in a world where BF4 doesn't exist

Why Ubisoft, why

Or Killzone's multiplayer?

#121 Edited by Cloud_imperium (2925 posts) -

See you guys in 2024 when next gen consoles come out . This is really bad news . Better hardwares are good for gamers on any platform . One doesn't hold other back .

#122 Edited by lglz1337 (3406 posts) -

@tdkmillsy: it is better than 900 crap p what is this shit 2007 ? i swear if they made this game exclusive on ps4 they would hit 1080p!

horizon looks 10 times better than this

#123 Edited by Cloud_imperium (2925 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

Well. Withcher 3 to be 792p on PS4 and 600p on X1 confirmed XD

This ^^

That's why CDPR have already started to say stuff like "Can't see difference at distance" , lol . Even though they always stressed that "RPGs should look as good as any other genre" . Imagine Cyberpunk 2077 (if it comes to consoles) .

There have been claims that TW3 looks very similar to TW2 on current gen because of weak sauce hardware. lol

That's sad and funny at the same time .

#124 Posted by -Unreal- (24540 posts) -

@lhughey said:

Even if they did squeeze 1080p out of the consoles, the texture quality would have sucked. Going for higher resolution at all costs is not a sound decision. That being said, I'll probably pick this game up on PC, even though I don't game on my PC.

what about infamous SS? Textures look very good, 1080p and mostly runs in 40fps.

Watch Dogs seems like a more densely populated (with geometry, cars and people) environment. I don't recall Infamous running at 40 FPS though.

Why Ubisoft, why

#125 Edited by MonsieurX (29966 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@tdkmillsy: it is better than 900 crap p what is this shit 2007 ? i swear if they made this game exclusive on ps4 they would hit 1080p!

horizon looks 10 times better than this

lolno.

#126 Posted by aroxx_ab (9447 posts) -

Xboner whaaaat that 792p LOL

#127 Posted by Martin_G_N (1707 posts) -

Most games later in the gen will not be 1080p on either system because of games getting more demanding. But, let's just wait and see how demanding the PC version of this game will be, this is Ubisoft remember.

#128 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25643 posts) -

@-Unreal- said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

Why Ubisoft, why

Why Guerilla, why http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/3797/floydthinking.png

#129 Posted by edwardecl (2226 posts) -

I don't know how anyone can defend up-scaled games, it just means they have made a poor attempt at optimisation... if they have to make some sacrifices to achieve at least 1080p/30fps then they should have done it.

People talking shit about Killzone, it's multiplayer is technically 1080p. It does a lot of weird shit to get there but that's because they wanted >30FPS frame rate with a fast response time.

This game is doing nothing clever, you could forgive it if it was trying to achieve 60FPS.

If all else fails they should have really opted for The Order style resolution. At least the picture won't be scaled.

#130 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

I wonder what The Division will actually look like by the time it comes out.

#131 Posted by Sollet (7360 posts) -

lol 900 and 30 fps?

Then again... Looking at the PC requirements for running this game on recommended... I am not surprised.

#132 Edited by SelfReflect (116 posts) -

@Martin_G_N said:

Most games later in the gen will not be 1080p on either system because of games getting more demanding. But, let's just wait and see how demanding the PC version of this game will be, this is Ubisoft remember.

Infamous Second Son PROVES that the PS4 can and will be very capable for years and years to come. Its a launch window PS4 game that is already the best looking game on the market...and its 1080p on PS4....

Watch Dogs is either being held back by xbone forced parity (which is illegal and Sony should counter act )

OR Ubisoft is just a complete incompetent ass clown of a developer who doesnt deserve one sale of Watch Dogs for going with BS parity

Listen up ALL MULTI PLAT developers. PS4 exclusives wont be held back SO if multi plat developers want to impress through out this gen they better ditch the xbone and step up their game on PS4

#133 Posted by Sollet (7360 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@Sagemode87 said:

and the PC is better than the PS4, THAT'S all that matters. Have fun with your 900p/30 game that you cows said sucked and laughed at for months.

Do you even own a gaming rig?

If not stop hiding behind PC.

#134 Edited by edwardecl (2226 posts) -
@Martin_G_N said:

Yeah, lets all settle on 720p @20-30FPS gaming for the PS4, and fuck knows what for the Xbone. Fuck that shit, devs should decide on what they are prepared to go to for a minimum resolution and go for it, making compromises such a load of shit. 30FPS and 1080p is not a good compromise in my opinion unless they do some fancy work with film style motion blur. Playing any first person game at 30FPS 1080p makes my eyes bleed.

Maybe I have been spoiled with PC games (apart from assassins creed, that game runs like shit) I'd rather turn down the graphics settings then lower the resolution or frame rate.

#135 Posted by kingtito (4903 posts) -

@Sollet said:

@kingtito said:

@Sagemode87 said:

Is that a serious question??? Can my 780ti run the game at 1080p/60? You know, the top of the line single GPU card out right now.

#136 Edited by Kingpin0114 (2533 posts) -

Ubisoft...the King of downgrades

#137 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Watch Downgrade lol.

I wonder why this POS is even 900p on PS4, it doesn't even look half as good as Infamous lol. Ubisoft games are unoptimized POSs.

#138 Edited by regnaston (235 posts) -

lol 900p and lol at xb1 792.

I have a serious question though. Why not just sit it at 720? Does the extra 90p really help?

Math is not your strong point is it :D

792-720=72

#139 Posted by Sollet (7360 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@Sollet said:

@kingtito said:

@Sagemode87 said:

Is that a serious question??? Can my 780ti run the game at 1080p/60? You know, the top of the line single GPU card out right now.

Cool!

Then post a GPU-Z screenshot I will take your word for it.

#140 Edited by Ribstaylor1 (470 posts) -

And my friends who have never gamed on a pc wonder why I spent a decent amount on a rig over something like an xbox 1 or ps4. The fact 1080p isn't possible on these machines is embarrassing. These games are running generally at the lowest settings possible when in comparison to pc and they can't even do the standard definitions of just about every tv in the last 10 years. The fact the "gaming journalists" (if you can even call them that) aren't complaining more about the fact these machines are extremely underpowered for the tech at hand and software available is disheartening. If there ever was a poster child for selling out and being biased, Game journalism would be it.

As much as I'm interested in this tittle for my pc the fact it's content has been so pawned off to individual systems and versions of the game I highly doubt I'll be picking it up on release. I'll more then likely wait for them to fix the games key issues and bugs come back and release a GOTY edition or something like that and I'll pick it up for $10-15. I hate buying new games only to realize I'm missing 12 hrs of content.. and a whole bunch of other stuff just because I didn't buy this certain version.

#141 Edited by EducatingU_PCMR (645 posts) -

I don't know how anyone can defend up-scaled games, it just means they have made a poor attempt at optimisation... if they have to make some sacrifices to achieve at least 1080p/30fps then they should have done it.

People talking shit about Killzone, it's multiplayer is technically 1080p. It does a lot of weird shit to get there but that's because they wanted >30FPS frame rate with a fast response time.

This game is doing nothing clever, you could forgive it if it was trying to achieve 60FPS.

If all else fails they should have really opted for The Order style resolution. At least the picture won't be scaled.

lol cows even DCing undiscussed games.

KZ MP is not 1080p, on any level.

It uses interpolation, you can say it's basically 1920i, since it alternates 960 lines on every refresh.

#142 Posted by kingtito (4903 posts) -

@Sollet said:

@kingtito said:

@Sollet said:

@kingtito said:

@Sagemode87 said:

Cool!

Why don't you do some history searching dude. I already posted this and had conversations about my rig. I do not need to impress you OR prove to you what I have. Don't want to take my word for it, take a hike kid. It doesn't matter to me either way what you believe or don't believe.

#143 Edited by Sollet (7360 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@Sollet said:

@kingtito said:

@Sollet said:

@kingtito said:

@Sagemode87 said:

Cool!

Why don't you do some history searching dude. I already posted this and had conversations about my rig. I do not need to impress you OR prove to you what I have. Don't want to take my word for it, take a hike kid. It doesn't matter to me either way what you believe or don't believe.

So you don't know what I am talking about are you? Haha fair enough!

Also pulling the "kid" card are we? Did I rustle your jimmies?

#144 Edited by airshocker (29354 posts) -

Thankfully I'm getting it on the PC. And my 780ti will destroy it.

#145 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14021 posts) -

Well, PC here I come. After all, it's the definitive edition.

#146 Posted by killzowned24 (7321 posts) -

That's sad, but not as pitiful as 792p!

lol

#147 Posted by kingtito (4903 posts) -

@Sollet said:

@kingtito said:

@Sollet said:

@kingtito said:

@Sollet said:

@kingtito said:

@Sagemode87 said:

Cool!

So you don't know what I am talking about are you? Haha fair enough!

Also pulling the "kid" card are we? Did I rustle your jimmies?

You asked if I had a gaming rig? I answered. You then asked to post proof? I said don't need to prove to you. What exactly don't I get kid? Russle my jimmies? Please, it'll take a lot more than a few questions kid. I don't know where you've been but you rank low on the totem poll here kid.

#148 Posted by clyde46 (45953 posts) -

Im NOT buying this game.

Bro-fists?

#150 Edited by lostrib (35674 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

This is what bothers me about sony. Its not the resolution, and its not even "clever marketing mumbo jumbo" its flat out lies. Not even misleading or clever wording but straight up lying about their product. Thats all i see form them lately.

Ive seen this Microsoft shill talking point before

"Sony is teh liars omg"

You xbots are such in a pathetic state of desperation youre going back to old Microsoft shill talking points that didnt work back then. What makes you think it will work now

Sony delivered everything they promosed with the PS4 and more!

The ones who lied were Microsoft

"The powa of the cloud!!! 3 billion transistors !! Xbone is 46x more powerful then xbox 360 etc"

And i can keep going on and on

For you to sit there and say what you did while ignoring the real BS of Microsoft, is insane...

Youre not a human. No human can be this delsuional. Youre an automated programmed xbot shill

You apparently don't know many humans