Watch Dogs; 1st PC Gameplay vidz+Real Ultra Screenshots

#301 Edited by m3dude1 (2127 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@m3dude1 said:

without aa the pc version is nearly identical to the ps4 version. slightly higher res shadow maps and slightly better LOD are about the only differences

That TXAA is amazing though. It looks like a bluray film.

i agree, ive given txaa its due praise many times already. if only nvidia could make it ctrl panel workable.

#302 Posted by byhzyy (48 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

@ChubbyGuy40 said:

@m3dude1 said:

there is no pc game that uses physically based shading, they are all just upressed ps360 games. only killzone, ryse and infamous use it. its why they look better than everything else. pc software is still gen7

Star Citizen uses it and so will UE4 games.

link me to the store i can go buy them at..oh wait

@lundy86_4 you can also find info about it on digital foundry.

@lunar1122 and yet it still looks nearly identical to the ps4 version, just at a higher res/fps. infamous still walks all over it. its the typical high res gen 7 software you get on the pc. wonder how long till the pc gets a game that isnt a ps360 port.

how long till the pc gets a game that isnt a ps360 port

very soon THE WITCHER 3!

#303 Posted by m3dude1 (2127 posts) -

thats not coming out for a long time

#306 Posted by mjorh (3463 posts) -

PROS

Amazing gameplay and graphics

Characters seem to have unique personalities

Variety of dialogues that don't get old

Deep narrative and skill system

CONS

NPCs can sometimes be stupid

No pleasure in hunting for fast cars

Rating
EDITOR'S RATING
Gameplay
Graphics
Sound
Value
Multiplayer
T4mag review http://n4g.com/news/1516102/watch-dogs-in-depth-review-video-review-t4mag
It ain't reliable but....
#307 Posted by wis3boi (32478 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@04dcarraher: wonder if installing to an ssd would help

-disablepagefilecheckin your shortcut target line can help

#308 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@wis3boi: I'm lazy, what does that do

#309 Posted by wis3boi (32478 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@wis3boi: I'm lazy, what does that do

if you have 8gb+ ram, lets the game load things to ram instead of the hard drive

#310 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

@lostrib: yes i saw that rumor. haha no complaints from me, that's what they deserve!

yeah also the first stream of it i got to watch was of the xbox 360 version, one would assume pirated. i know the door swings both ways when it comes to piracy.

so. are you still thinking about buying the game? or has your hype waned sufficiently that you'll be keeping your hard earned folding?

I keep wavering back and forth because I have so many other games that I need to beat. But there is something to be said for having a new open world (and new franchise) to explore. I don't care about the whole graphics argument, but I am wondering if for $45 i can get an equal number of hours out of it

Crap...

Screw it

Jesus take the wheel!

#311 Posted by happyduds77 (1688 posts) -

The downgrade is pretty visible, but the E3 2012 demo was too good to be true. Too many little details/touches happening at once and many of them seem scripted.

#312 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

@lostrib: yes i saw that rumor. haha no complaints from me, that's what they deserve!

yeah also the first stream of it i got to watch was of the xbox 360 version, one would assume pirated. i know the door swings both ways when it comes to piracy.

so. are you still thinking about buying the game? or has your hype waned sufficiently that you'll be keeping your hard earned folding?

Screw it

Jesus take the wheel!

...Jesus bought Watch_Dogs

#313 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

@lostrib: nice one. $37.50 american dolleros?

i hope it comes out the 27th, 0001hrs here, that's in about five and a half hours time.

#314 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

@lostrib: nice one. $37.50 american dolleros?

i hope it comes out the 27th, 0001hrs here, that's in about five and a half hours time.

$45, 25% off (orig $59.99) from GMG

#315 Edited by 04dcarraher (21853 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@04dcarraher: wonder if installing to an ssd would help

yes, even having a separate dedicated harddrive for game/s will help.

#316 Edited by Snugenz (13388 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@Snugenz said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Apparently the PC specs for Watch Dogs aren't as demanding as it might seem (thank god)

http://www.ign.com/wikis/watch-dogs/PC_System_Requirements

Actually they're more demanding than we first though if peoples impressions are anything to go off, some peeps are reporting massive framerate drops (at high speed in a car) with 780ti and 4770ks. Though it could just be a bug with the ultra texture setting.

Not exactly surprising, it is a Ubisoft game.

1. There is talk of Nvidia driver updates for the 27th (haven't heard of AMD getting them), I've heard mixed sides of the optimization debate on here, gamefaqs and on the Steam Watch Dog forums.

2. People who obtained Watch Dogs illegally most likely got that virus that was packed into the illegal Watch Dog copies.

I hope there is an update but i thought of that when i read the news and noticed that Nvidia had Watchdogs added to the last (non beta) driver update, thats not to say they won't release another but who knows.

From what i gather, that virus version was a completely seperate download to the cracked one that's going around and that very few people were affected by it. So i highly doubt that has anything to do with it.

@04dcarraher I dunno, i think it'd be less widespread if it was just harddrive thrashing, unless there's something messed up with how the pirated version is intsalled or runs etc.

#317 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@04dcarraher: yeah i just remembered uplay is plopped on one of my ssd's so I'll have to make sure I got room

#318 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1995 posts) -

@Ben-Buja said:

@KillzoneSnake said:

lol PC gaming. Its looks like a HD gtaV. Next gen GTAVI on consoles will destroy this terrible ubisoft game.

Well duh, GTA VI might come out 5-6 years from now with a 300+ million budget, of course it will look better than an early gen game.

Im pretty sure we will have it much earlier than that. 5-6 years is 2019-2020 lol we be on PS5

#319 Posted by Mystery_Writer (8264 posts) -

@mjorh said:

@Mystery_Writer said:

I regret pre-ordering this game on steam

Just because of some shots and videos? !The game is not even out ...

But those videos are from the actual PC version maxed out, aren't they?

#320 Posted by ronvalencia (17614 posts) -

@ttboy said:

Where is the often talked about PC power?

You can still run a game of pong on PCs based on Geforce GTX 780 TI or Radeon HD 290X. Better hardware doesn't automatically equals better graphics e.g. factor in the artwork's quality.

#321 Edited by RageQuit4Life (463 posts) -

Welcome to next gen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZWz86oDVuI

#322 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38222 posts) -

@KillzoneSnake said:

@Ben-Buja said:

@KillzoneSnake said:

lol PC gaming. Its looks like a HD gtaV. Next gen GTAVI on consoles will destroy this terrible ubisoft game.

Well duh, GTA VI might come out 5-6 years from now with a 300+ million budget, of course it will look better than an early gen game.

Im pretty sure we will have it much earlier than that. 5-6 years is 2019-2020 lol we be on PS5

Only if R* start working on GTAVI now and ONLY work on that, which won't happen. you're gonna see the sequel to RDR before then and possibly something else before they start working on another GTA. Look at the gap between GTAIV and GTA V

#323 Edited by Cloud_imperium (12478 posts) -

To be honest , the game looks noticeably better than consoles but Watch Dogs at this point looks similar to PC version of Sleeping dog with better animations , cloth physics and water etc . In lot of cases Sleeping Dogs have superior lighting .

#324 Posted by mjorh (3463 posts) -

@Mystery_Writer said:

@mjorh said:

@Mystery_Writer said:

I regret pre-ordering this game on steam

Just because of some shots and videos? !The game is not even out ...

But those videos are from the actual PC version maxed out, aren't they?

Yeah but there are some other elements that u need to play it yourself to figure'em out u know it's not all about graphics ! hell even graphics are satisfying for an open-world cross-gen game

#325 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur: so did it unlock in time? Supposedly ubisoft was being dicks about releasing keys for preload

#326 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@CrownKingArthur: so did it unlock in time? Supposedly ubisoft was being dicks about releasing keys for preload

i'm afraid not! it's OK though, i won't be able to play for about 8 hrs anyway, so, hopefully the key is released between now and then. i'll just fire the key home to the mrs and get her to begin download/installation.

have you played yet? it's the 27th here, no idea what date/time it is in calcutta (joke).

#327 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur: not until tomorrow. Supposedly there is a day 1 patch, but it hasn't released to those who have unlocked the game. Perhaps ubisoft is working only on a specific time zone. There are quite a few pissed people on the GMG forums (mostly Australians) who haven't got their keys

#328 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

@lostrib: ah well Australians are a pretty vocal bunch. thanks for letting me know someone's complaining to gmg, saves me having to 'prod' them about the whereabouts of my key.

#329 Posted by clyde46 (48832 posts) -

I think I'll wait for a steam sale.

#330 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (19556 posts) -

I'll just get Watch Dogs which is free with the purchase of a new video card. I'm not sure why. But, every time it's time to press the checkout button at newegg.com, I hold off. Oh well. I guess I have no pressing need to play the game.

#331 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

Apparently uplay sucks so bad that it doesn't allow preload

#332 Edited by uninspiredcup (17727 posts) -
@RageQuit4Life said:

Welcome to next gen

This totally ruined the game, forever.

#333 Posted by Cruxis27 (2050 posts) -

@uninspiredcup:

@uninspiredcup said:
@RageQuit4Life said:

Welcome to next gen

You're an idiot if you thought this game would be totally glitch-free on release.

#334 Edited by uninspiredcup (17727 posts) -

@Cruxis27 said:

@uninspiredcup:

@uninspiredcup said:
@RageQuit4Life said:

Welcome to next gen

You're an idiot if you thought this game would be totally glitch-free on release.

It's too late. Game released.

#335 Edited by PernicioEnigma (5743 posts) -

I hope anyone naive enough to believe that Watch Dogs was going to look as good as the e3 demo have learnt their lesson. I called it way back then, and by the looks of those high res screenshots I wasn't wrong. I'm not saying the game looks terrible, or that even if it did that would make the game bad, but the difference between the e3 demo and what we actually play is night and day.

It doesn't matter to me anyway, this game always looked like the poor man's GTA, even when it did look stunning.

#336 Posted by uninspiredcup (17727 posts) -

@PernicioEnigma said:

I hope anyone naive enough to believe that Watch Dogs was going to look as good as the e3 demo have learnt their lesson.

Black Flag looks amazing. And looks amazing still.

No lesson to be learned, pc best.

#337 Posted by leandrro (1316 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@m3dude1 said:

i agree, ive given txaa its due praise many times already. if only nvidia could make it ctrl panel workable.

It would also be nice if future Nvidia GPU's had a small co-processor to process TXAA alone so there is no performance hit. I think TXAA is all we are gonna need from now on. It's perfect film quality AA.

have a look at nvidias comparison between msaa 8x and txaa in watch dogs

txaa blures the image just like a post process AA, the msaa looks much charper (with very little more jaggies than txaa) at same performance

#339 Posted by m3dude1 (2127 posts) -

@leandrro said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@m3dude1 said:

It would also be nice if future Nvidia GPU's had a small co-processor to process TXAA alone so there is no performance hit. I think TXAA is all we are gonna need from now on. It's perfect film quality AA.

txaa blures the image just like a post process AA, the msaa looks much charper (with very little more jaggies than txaa) at same performance

the benefit of txaa is the massive reduction of temporal aliasing you only see in motion, still shots are pointless when assessing txaa. do any of you have a clue?

#341 Edited by uninspiredcup (17727 posts) -

TXAA is amazing. Consoles use FXAA because god hates them.

Poor mans AA VS Motion Picture level

#342 Posted by robokill (1276 posts) -

I'm not quite sure why people are having such a fit about the graphics, they had to develop for the ps3. The gap in technology between ps3 and high end pcs is huge, I'm not sure the exact numbers but ps3 Watch Dogs will greatly outsell the use by high end pcs. It's happened before, I don't get why for this game so many people are losing their minds.

#343 Posted by lunar1122 (692 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

@leandrro said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@m3dude1 said:

TXAA is superior to all AA. Once it's refined, it will be all you need. Looks like a CGI movie. Look at this in it's own tab and press F11 for full screen.

The thing is about TXAA, is that you need a high resolution for it to do it's job. 1080p minimum. Or else it looks too blurry. But I'm sure you will agree that this AA looks perfect here. Just like a blu ray film.

That background is extremely blurry. I rather msaa 4x

#344 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

wouldn't that be a deliberate depth of field effect?

#346 Posted by RimacBugatti (1632 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium: I would compare it to Infamous but to be honest I haven't seen enough of Infamous to say whether Watchdogs looks better or not. But Watchdogs offers impressive visuals and awesome gameplay which is very hard to find these days. Gameplay wise I would say it's better than Infamous for sure. The only game that I put above Watchdogs visually is The Order 1886. And as far as the only game that I would compare to Watchdogs gameplay wise would be the newly slated uncharted. And graphically I'm sure Uncharted will give Watchdogs a run for it's money.

#347 Posted by harry_james_pot (11344 posts) -

So does the game now look better than the leaked version screenshots?