Watch Dogs; 1st PC Gameplay vidz+Real Ultra Screenshots

#251 Edited by m3dude1 (1697 posts) -

chicago

#252 Edited by mjorh (1473 posts) -

@Mozelleple112 said:

Which U.S. city is this supposed to be again? Seattle?

chicago

#253 Edited by Grey_Eyed_Elf (4155 posts) -

Here are some 21:9 shots of the game... Really enjoying it to be honest with you, great fun just to explore.

#255 Posted by Martin_G_N (1736 posts) -

This game is disappointing, just like I predicted, specially if you are used to the advances done in Mafia 2 and GTA5. The driving physics is rubbish, the police are retarded, over powered, and they always know exactly where you are. The shooting mechanics is also way behind GTA5.

The graphics are very good, specially during rain and night, but I have a feeling that GTA 5 on PC will destroy it when it comes out. The gameplay is fascinating and cool, but in games like this the driving is really a big part of the game and is also the most disappointing part.

#256 Edited by mjorh (1473 posts) -

@Martin_G_N said:

This game is disappointing, just like I predicted, specially if you are used to the advances done in Mafia 2 and GTA5. The driving physics is rubbish, the police are retarded, over powered, and they always know exactly where you are. The shooting mechanics is also way behind GTA5.

The graphics are very good, specially during rain and night, but I have a feeling that GTA 5 on PC will destroy it when it comes out. The gameplay is fascinating and cool, but in games like this the driving is really a big part of the game and is also the most disappointing part.

Driving is subjective u know it may not match your taste and by "Driving Physics" you mean...?

#257 Posted by uninspiredcup (13613 posts) -

The game isn't out yet. How are you people pla.... oh.

Pc gamers.

#259 Posted by lostrib (44049 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: what's that supposed to mean?

#260 Posted by uninspiredcup (13613 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

I expect GTA 5 on PC and next gen consoles to kill WD. Rockstar are just better. GTA 4 was the best looking sandbox game for a long time after release. GTA 5 on PC will prove the same. Definatly getting it on PC and Next Gen.

My freind, Grand Theft Auto 4 on the pc, at launch, was a barely working mess. It looks good because of modders, not Rockstar.

Ubisoft visually and pc wise, are well, well above Rockstar. Games.

#261 Edited by lostrib (44049 posts) -

@scottpsfan14: define a long time?because GTA if looks like shit even on PC

#262 Posted by Martin_G_N (1736 posts) -

@mjorh said:

@Martin_G_N said:

Driving is subjective u know it may not match your taste and by "Driving Physics" you mean...?

When the car feels like it floats above the ground, and jumping the car it's more like flying a car that weighs 100 grams, and when you crash your car, it suddenly weighs 100 tons and pushes everything away. So yeah, it's pretty bad driving mechanics and physics.

#264 Posted by lostrib (44049 posts) -

@scottpsfan14: so just 2008? That's not really a long time. And how do you know it will look better? Stock gtaiv on PC looks like shit, and nothing has been shown of PC GTA v

#265 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

i bought this game for uplay via GMG.

#266 Edited by lostrib (44049 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur: you caved? That damn ubisoft

#267 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@CrownKingArthur: you caved? That damn ubisoft

caved and happy about it. GMG hasn't sent me the key yet, though.

quite annoying that a bunch of people have played the game already. how? i mean, i wouldn't want to assume they're all pirates? maybe some have a pre-load from somewhere else which they've managed to 'unlock'.

i harbor no ill will towards these people, but i've paid to play the game and i'm not playing yet. i'm sure people could understand my feeling a little bitter.

#268 Posted by shadowkiller11 (7956 posts) -

The more I look at this the less interest I have which is not a good thing. The early videos they showed were so much more interesting and I'm not even including the graphics.

#270 Posted by heguain (702 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@scottpsfan14: define a long time?because GTA if looks like shit even on PC

#272 Posted by wis3boi (32070 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@lostrib said:

so just 2008? That's not really a long time. And how do you know it will look better? Stock gtaiv on PC looks like shit, and nothing has been shown of PC GTA v

Lol. Do you just post to get your post count higher? It seems to be a trend among all you 20,000+ posters that you make vauge replys and nothing in detail, or ask for a 'sorce of claims' etc. Never have something to actually add. Think you've been here too long mate. Any way, listen. GTA V on consoles, while the resolution is low, performance is weak, and textures are low res, as a whole, it looks great. From a distance it looks much better than GTA 4. And in my opinion, better than the day time shots of WD. Maybe WD has more graphical advancements under the hood, but that doesn't matter if GTA V already looks as good from a distance. So it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that GTA 5 will vastly improve on all the weaknesses it has on last gen consoles. Once it has high res textures, running in 1080p with AA, better draw distance, shadows, and what else, I personally believe that it will look better than Watch Dogs. In fact, RS might even make sure of it. As they might see competition.

0/10

#273 Posted by mjorh (1473 posts) -

@Martin_G_N said:

@mjorh said:

@Martin_G_N said:

When the car feels like it floats above the ground, and jumping the car it's more like flying a car that weighs 100 grams, and when you crash your car, it suddenly weighs 100 tons and pushes everything away. So yeah, it's pretty bad driving mechanics and physics.

Man this is like nightmare ! gotta play it myself and i hope that you're wrong ...

#275 Posted by lostrib (44049 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur: I think some got it early, but probably fair amount pirated (its also available on torrents for console). If it makes you feel better there's a rumor that one of the torrents going around installs a bitcoin miner

#276 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

@lostrib: yes i saw that rumor. haha no complaints from me, that's what they deserve!

yeah also the first stream of it i got to watch was of the xbox 360 version, one would assume pirated. i know the door swings both ways when it comes to piracy.

so. are you still thinking about buying the game? or has your hype waned sufficiently that you'll be keeping your hard earned folding?

#277 Edited by lostrib (44049 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

@lostrib: yes i saw that rumor. haha no complaints from me, that's what they deserve!

yeah also the first stream of it i got to watch was of the xbox 360 version, one would assume pirated. i know the door swings both ways when it comes to piracy.

so. are you still thinking about buying the game? or has your hype waned sufficiently that you'll be keeping your hard earned folding?

I keep wavering back and forth because I have so many other games that I need to beat. But there is something to be said for having a new open world (and new franchise) to explore. I don't care about the whole graphics argument, but I am wondering if for $45 i can get an equal number of hours out of it

Crap...

#278 Edited by faizan_faizan (7868 posts) -

This game can look phenomenal at times.

#279 Edited by Snugenz (12917 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

Apparently the PC specs for Watch Dogs aren't as demanding as it might seem (thank god)

http://www.ign.com/wikis/watch-dogs/PC_System_Requirements

Actually they're more demanding than we first though if peoples impressions are anything to go off, some peeps are reporting massive framerate drops (at high speed in a car) with 780ti and 4770ks. Though it could just be a bug with the ultra texture setting.

Not exactly surprising, it is a Ubisoft game.

#280 Posted by hoosier7 (4063 posts) -

Really disappointing, doesn't even look to be better than InFamous. Still i'll put it off until it's on sale in a bit, modders will make the PC port worth a play with time.

#281 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

@faizan_faizan said:

Holy hell....

#282 Posted by Ballroompirate (23869 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Apparently the PC specs for Watch Dogs aren't as demanding as it might seem (thank god)

Actually they're more demanding than we first though if peoples impressions are anything to go off, some peeps are reporting massive framerate drops (at high speed in a car) with 780ti and 4770ks. Though it could just be a bug with the ultra texture setting.

1. There is talk of Nvidia driver updates for the 27th (haven't heard of AMD getting them), I've heard mixed sides of the optimization debate on here, gamefaqs and on the Steam Watch Dog forums.

2. People who obtained Watch Dogs illegally most likely got that virus that was packed into the illegal Watch Dog copies.

#283 Posted by 04dcarraher (20725 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@Ballroompirate said:

its harddrive thrashing

#284 Edited by lostrib (44049 posts) -

@04dcarraher: wonder if installing to an ssd would help

#285 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (17835 posts) -

@RyviusARC said:

So much blur in all the image backgrounds.......so sure it looks good whne you try and hide the flaws.

I was wondering about that on the ISS screenies.

#286 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (16703 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@faizan_faizan said:

Holy hell....

It kind of makes sense that the most impressive thing about watch dogs would be it's water seeing how they just came off a game that was based around sailing :P.

#287 Edited by GTSaiyanjin2 (6017 posts) -

@faizan_faizan said:

what resolution is this? and is it super sampled here?

#288 Posted by remiks00 (2634 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

I keep wavering back and forth because I have so many other games that I need to beat. But there is something to be said for having a new open world (and new franchise) to explore. I don't care about the whole graphics argument, but I am wondering if for $45 i can get an equal number of hours out of it

Crap...

@CrownKingArthur I'm still debating back and forth about which version to get (PS4 or PC). Send me your Steam/Uplay name so that I can add you bro. I already have lostrib's Steam.

#289 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -
@seanmcloughlin said:

@faizan_faizan said:

Holy hell....

gosh. and to think i was so worried about graphics downgrades.

now, it's water under the bridge.

#292 Posted by ButDuuude (608 posts) -

Looks like the PS4 version to me.

#295 Edited by ButDuuude (608 posts) -

@scottpsfan14: I had it first :P. But I could get a new one.

Edit: This place needs more cowbell!

#297 Posted by m3dude1 (1697 posts) -
@ButDuuude said:

Looks like the PS4 version to me.

without aa the pc version is nearly identical to the ps4 version. slightly higher res shadow maps and slightly better LOD are about the only differences

#300 Posted by NFJSupreme (5497 posts) -

@m3dude1: you have the game?