Watch Dogs; 1st PC Gameplay vidz+Real Ultra Screenshots

#151 Posted by Big_Pecks (5192 posts) -

So inconsistent

This. Never seen one game look amazing/like shit on different systems.

#152 Edited by gpuking (2653 posts) -

Infamous SS looks at least a generation ahead of this 4k or not. It might take titan sli to get the quality of lighting in Infamous to Watch Dogs.

#153 Posted by lundy86_4 (42618 posts) -

@gpuking said:

Infamous SS looks at least a generation ahead of this 4k or not. It might take titan sli to get the quality of lighting in Infamous to Watch Dogs.

Source of shots?

#154 Posted by I_can_haz (6443 posts) -

@remiks00: true dat, it is amazing looking and my pics prove it.

#155 Edited by scottpsfan14 (2211 posts) -

@remiks00: I have nothing against the pc. I just don't like some of the hermits and disagree with some of their views. They make up 'facts' among themselves and preach it as bible. They correct developers comments without any real knowledge. This all irritates me. I just like playstation. Always have. It's harmless. I'm just quite argumentative is all. chill your beans mate.

#156 Posted by scottpsfan14 (2211 posts) -

@lundy86_4: His Ps4. That is the actual graphics. just with DOF.

#157 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26062 posts) -

@gpuking said:

Source of shots?

Aren't they from the photo mode which are almost bullshots?

#158 Posted by I_can_haz (6443 posts) -

@ChubbyGuy40: nah photomode doesn't add any extra effect or AA and they are not bullshots. The game actually looks like that. My screenshots are also from the photomode, all I did was change camera angles and DOF to focus on the textures

#159 Posted by scottpsfan14 (2211 posts) -

@ChubbyGuy40: Depends what you mean by bullshots. All I know is the graphics remain the same in photo mode. just different camera angles and dof. But I guess you could call it a bullshot creator.

#160 Posted by lundy86_4 (42618 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@gpuking said:

Source of shots?

Aren't they from the photo mode which are almost bullshots?

I have no idea if after-effects are added. I don't think I even used that mode.

#161 Posted by lundy86_4 (42618 posts) -

@lundy86_4: His Ps4. That is the actual graphics. just with DOF.

No idea, bro. Hence why I asked.

Due to being uploaded through GS, the source becomes unknown.

#162 Edited by aroxx_ab (9120 posts) -

Looks good, almost as good as Ps4 version :D

#163 Edited by scottpsfan14 (2211 posts) -

The water in this game is incredible.

#164 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26062 posts) -

Water is the true benchmark for current gen plats. So guud.

#165 Edited by I_can_haz (6443 posts) -

I think one of the main reasons WD looks weak next to ISS besides the fact it's a cross gen game is the weak lighting engine in WD. The game would look so much better if Ubi used a daytime lighting system as advanced as ISS....

#166 Edited by I_can_haz (6443 posts) -

@ChubbyGuy40 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Water is the true benchmark for current gen plats. So guud.

True, WD definitely has the best water out there IMO.

#167 Edited by m3dude1 (823 posts) -

there is no pc game that uses physically based shading, they are all just upressed ps360 games. only killzone, ryse and infamous use it. its why they look better than everything else. pc software is still gen7

#168 Edited by ChubbyGuy40 (26062 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

there is no pc game that uses physically based shading, they are all just upressed ps360 games. only killzone, ryse and infamous use it. its why they look better than everything else. pc software is still gen7

Star Citizen uses it and so will UE4 games.

#169 Posted by lunar1122 (654 posts) -

i think what a lot of stupid consolites don't realize is that, You guys are playing Watchdogs at high settings 900p 30 frames per second. Im playing it at 1080p Ultra settings with a fluctuation of 44-70 frames per second( depends how busy the city is when driving)

If you do the math in this example im about to make, simply going from 900p 30 frames to 900p 60 frames is going to require a 100% increase in power . Thats 2 playstation 4 equivalents . You up the resolution and the graphic settings and still getting 60 fps.. thats means you are way over 2x playstation 4's in performance..

The fact of the matter is, Watchdogs is still a good looking game .. To me it seems its CPU bound and not GPU bound.. Lots of people can play this on ultra with mid range cards as long as their cpu is up to snuff. If its not up to snuff then it dont matter how strong your gpu is. I'd really like to see the difference mantel or dx 12 would have made.. Probably would have been huge.

#170 Posted by lundy86_4 (42618 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

It's likely due to attempting to push the hardware. There are plenty of software analyses running around. PC is usually slow out of the gate, but pulls ahead tremendously. For example, Cryengine now offers physically based shading.

Still, do you have links for inFamous and Killzone?

#171 Edited by ChubbyGuy40 (26062 posts) -

@lunar1122 said:

The fact of the matter is, Watchdogs is still a good looking game .. To me it seems its CPU bound and not GPU bound.. Lots of people can play this on ultra with mid range cards as long as their cpu is up to snuff. If its not up to snuff then it dont matter how strong your gpu is. I'd really like to see the difference mantel or dx 12 would have made.. Probably would have been huge.

It's an extremely good looking game. I agree about it being CPU bound but it still runs really well.

@lundy86_4 There's a PDF about K:SF using it from their website. You'll easily find it with Google.

#172 Edited by m3dude1 (823 posts) -

@ChubbyGuy40 said:

@m3dude1 said:

link me to the store i can go buy them at..oh wait

@lundy86_4 you can also find info about it on digital foundry.

@lunar1122 and yet it still looks nearly identical to the ps4 version, just at a higher res/fps. infamous still walks all over it. its the typical high res gen 7 software you get on the pc. wonder how long till the pc gets a game that isnt a ps360 port.

#173 Posted by lundy86_4 (42618 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

@lunar1122 and yet it still looks nearly identical to the ps4 version, just at a higher res/fps. infamous still walks all over it. its the typical high res gen 7 software you get on the pc. wonder how long till the pc gets a game that isnt a ps360 port.

I asked for direct links, not general directions. Bro, common courtesy... Don't make me ask for directions to Toronto, whilst you point me in the direction of Ontraio. Shit, son.

#174 Posted by blamix99 (1532 posts) -

looks beautiful, but im getting mine on my PS4. gotta upgrade my PC end of the year

#175 Edited by DarthRamms (320 posts) -

I think it pretty good looking too bad thou don't believe the texture quality is good as Arma

#176 Posted by lunar1122 (654 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

@ChubbyGuy40 said:

@m3dude1 said:

Most games are going to look largely identical , The difference for pc has always been cleaning up the jaggies/higher framerates and bigger resolutions with some better draw distances/lighting techniques, The game is going to look largly the same in screenshot compares but believe me the fluidity of the game when you actually playing it makes a big difference. I dunno what people are expecting here.. Totally different assets?.. I just capped watchdogs to see how it plays at 30 frames per second.. I wanna vomitttttttttttttt . congrats on welfare settings?

You talk about ports, When infact PC was the lead platform for watchdogs.. all other versions are technically "the ports".

Lets put it this way, If i put watchdogs at 900p on my monitor at high settings.. Im getting wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more performance than a ps4, Far less for the Bone at 792p. 30 frames is a joke

#178 Edited by BloodyTides (108 posts) -

@DarthRamms said:

I think it pretty good looking too bad thou don't believe the texture quality is good as Arma

I agree I'm a bit disappointed although I haven't seen a whole lot of the game but I can tell falls behind in certain aspect compared to larger game like arma.

#179 Posted by lundy86_4 (42618 posts) -
#180 Posted by m3dude1 (823 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

@ChubbyGuy40 said:

@m3dude1 said:

Most games are going to look largely identical , The difference for pc has always been cleaning up the jaggies/higher framerates and bigger resolutions with some better draw distances/lighting techniques, The game is going to look largly the same in screenshot compares but believe me the fluidity of the game when you actually playing it makes a big difference. I dunno what people are expecting here.. Totally different assets?.. I just capped watchdogs to see how it plays at 30 frames per second.. I wanna vomitttttttttttttt . congrats on welfare settings?

You talk about ports, When infact PC was the lead platform for watchdogs.. all other versions are technically "the ports".

Lets put it this way, If i put watchdogs at 900p on my monitor at high settings.. Im getting wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more performance than a ps4, Far less for the Bone at 792p. 30 frames is a joke

pc was clearly not the lead platform for watch dogs. that much is apparent. the lead platforms were ps360. im aware that pc games will always just be console ports of cross platform games with better IQ and framerate. thats kinda what ive been saying on this forum all along.

#181 Edited by DarthRamms (320 posts) -

@DarthRamms said:

I agree I'm a bit disappointed although I haven't seen a whole lot of the game but I can tell falls behind in certain aspect compared to larger game like arma.

I'm going to have play the game to see more for myself. However, I have feeling things like the foliage or lighting won't be anywhere as good like Arma which is literally the best I seen in most large open games.

#182 Posted by lunar1122 (654 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

@lunar1122 said:

@m3dude1 said:

@ChubbyGuy40 said:

@m3dude1 said:

pc was clearly not the lead platform for watch dogs. that much is apparent. the lead platforms were ps360. im aware that pc games will always just be console ports of cross platform games with better IQ and framerate. thats kinda what ive been saying on this forum all along.

ignorant consolite has been pawned

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/27/watch-dogs-is-targeting-pc-as-lead-platform/

http://www.destructoid.com/pc-is-the-lead-platform-for-watch-dogs-247165.phtml

#183 Posted by silversix_ (13538 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

ps4 screen, shit looks the same

so much jaggies they're even on the water... disgusting graphics

#184 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26062 posts) -
#185 Posted by m3dude1 (823 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

@lunar1122 said:

@m3dude1 said:

@ChubbyGuy40 said:

@m3dude1 said:

ignorant consolite has been pawned

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/27/watch-dogs-is-targeting-pc-as-lead-platform/

http://www.destructoid.com/pc-is-the-lead-platform-for-watch-dogs-247165.phtml

el oh el.

"watch dogs will look even better than the 2012 footage"

#186 Edited by ProjectPat187 (1960 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@ProjectPat187 said:

Uh so, I could care less about exclusives because Guess what? Thats not what the other poster I quoted was talking about and neither was I, and Guess what? Consoles will only raise the bar for console graphics because........ Guess what? Well because these are next gen consoles.

Oh Guess What?

Actually consoles effect PC in a lot of ways considering most games are made with consoles in mind. So guess what? PS4 HAS raised the bar for PC's because now ports won't focus on last gen consoles. So the lowest common denominator is now much higher. Get it?

The ONLY reason consoles are devs main focus is because...........Guess what? Money. The console market is much bigger than the PC market so its a no brainer why devs main focus are consoles, and for that reason we have dumb down games thanks to these weak consoles that you say so call raise the bar.

#187 Edited by faizan_faizan (7655 posts) -
@m3dude1 said:

LOL. Far Cry 3 had that before next-gen and only on PC. And not only that, but Far Cry 3 was probably the first open-world game to feature global illumination, too. Even Infamous doesn't have that, does that make Far Cry 3 a generation ahead of Infamous?

#188 Posted by m3dude1 (823 posts) -

lol more dumb dumb from the typical pc crowd here....god none of them have a clue what day it even is.

#189 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26062 posts) -
@m3dude1 said:

lol more dumb dumb from the typical pc crowd here....god none of them have a clue what day it even is.

Actually Far Cry 3 did have it. The next game after that to feature it was Remember Me, if my google skills are correct.

#190 Posted by MiiiiV (227 posts) -

A lot of people here bring up Infamous SS, while it looks great it's brought down a bit by it's poor lod distance. As for lightning, it sure looks like ISS has a more spectacular lightning display than WD but from what we've seen so far both ISS and WD only has one light source at a time that is casting shadows.
To really compare two games we have to look at all the aspects like textures, anti aliasing, lightning/shadows, draw distance, lod distance, geometry, world density, scale, physics, how many things are going on at the same time and how advanced are they, resolution and frame rate etc. It can be difficult to accurately compare two games that have different focus points. So its best to wait until we can play both games before we can speculate that one is more advanced than the other.

#191 Posted by gpuking (2653 posts) -

@lundy86_4

Of course they're from my PS4, photomode is 100% realtime tho. No added AA, higher res lighting or anything, just different camera angle that's all.

#192 Edited by m3dude1 (823 posts) -

@ChubbyGuy40 said:
@m3dude1 said:

Actually Far Cry 3 did have it. The next game after that to feature it was Remember Me, if my google skills are correct.

lmao. no and no

and just to drive it home

http://www.fxguide.com/featured/game-environments-parta-remember-me-rendering/

nooooooope

#193 Edited by faizan_faizan (7655 posts) -

No need to argue with this pathetic troll. He's in denial.

#194 Edited by ChubbyGuy40 (26062 posts) -

No need to argue with this pathetic troll. He's in denial.

He linked an article showing how Remember Me used it. I don't get how he can be so dumb.

#195 Posted by m3dude1 (823 posts) -

did you even read the article clown?

#196 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (892 posts) -

That looked amazing !!! impressed by the Ultra version of this game..

#197 Posted by pelvist (4463 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

LOL. Far Cry 3 had that before next-gen and only on PC. And not only that, but Far Cry 3 was probably the first open-world game to feature global illumination, too. Even Infamous doesn't have that, does that make Far Cry 3 a generation ahead of Infamous?

Star Citizen uses PBR/PBS. DFM is due next week.

#198 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26062 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

did you even read the article clown?

Instead of throwing insults and shitposting you could just post the part where it says it doesn't use PBR/PBS.

#199 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1623 posts) -

lol PC gaming. Its looks like a HD gtaV. Next gen GTAVI on consoles will destroy this terrible ubisoft game.

#200 Edited by lglz1337 (2995 posts) -

infamous SecondSon really killed the slow ass pci-e systems graphically, WD ultra settings LMAO what a joke so ugly!